First Meeting Chart and Synastry - Significant Relationship?

v27

Hello! This is my first post in this forum and I'll try to be as brief as possible. I have been involved with astrology all my life because my mother loves it, but I've never really studied it for myself til recently.

I met a guy a few days ago and I think he could be very significant for me, but as I don't know too much about astrology, I fear I may be deluding myself. So, here goes -

This is our first meeting chart:
tumblr_p0365l0Vli1qjcp2eo1_1280.png

Now I have read a lot and I believe this is a kind of good first meeting chart by itself - it was a New Moon, Sun conjunct Moon, the 7th and 8th houses full of significant planets etc.

But here is our synastry (inner wheel is mine, I don't know his exact TOB) -

tumblr_p0365l0Vli1qjcp2eo2_r1_1280.png

It does have a lot of issues, like Sun square Sun, and possibly Moon opposition Moon as well. However, his Scoprio Moon sits in my 8th house and conjuncts my Scorpio Pluto, which is a very powerful aspect.

Not only that, but during our first meeting, the Sun and Moon were conjunct HIS Moon. The Ascendant of the first meeting conjuncts his Sun etc. etc. We have positive Moon-Mars and Pluto-Mars aspects.

The first meeting was one of those situations where you feel like there's nobody else in the room but the two of you, and it is what prompted me to dig into our synastry and first meeting charts - I feel like there are many significant things going on here, and I think it's pretty clear we have a lot aspects that create attraction and fascination. Am I right? And also, could there be longevity here, if a relationship starts?

Our individual transits during the first meeting very pretty good too. His moreso than mine.

Thanks in advance and I hope I'm doing this right!

Last edited:

v27

I didn't post one because I don't know his exact TOB, but sure, here goes:

tumblr_p0365l0Vli1qjcp2eo3_r1_1280.png

Isn't the Ascendant, Moon, and House Placements invalid though? His Moon is definitely in Scorpio, but the degree could be very off.

And since there isn't a relationship yet, I thought I should rely on synastry and the first meeting chart more.

rahu

Banned
hi v27
about the composite, yes the angles are useless without his exact time but the moon can be used sometimes because you know your exact time,the variability of the moon will be +/- 1.5 degrees. as the moon is given wide orbs, often the moons opposition will be adequate to use it.

I don't share you enthusiasm with the first meeting chart. the sun/uransu midpouint is square to venus which show the intial electricity,but Uranus most often shows brief flings rather than long term hook ups. in addition in the moment chart mars is square to pluto which invariably shows heis totally into himself with little real concern about your feelings other than sex.

the venus/Jupiter conjunction shows goods feeling between you but the aspect is waning and orb a bit large.

the composite is not that favorable mainly because Saturn is square to pluto showing him to be selfish and not open to real intimate emotional exchanges. mars is opposed Jupiter which shows this could be a good friendship but without spontaneous affection between you it likely will not progress to a romantic encounter .

the moment chart also shows potential for a friendship rater than a romance.

rahu

the sun

v27

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

The truth is I didn't even look at the composite, first because I don't have much experience with them, and second because they need a relationship to be established to work - so when you're interested in someone, direct comparison is definitely way more useful.

That is all very interesting about the first meeting chart - I had no idea the Sun/Uranus midpoint could be so important - I've only recently discovered the significance of midpoints.

''the composite is not that favorable mainly because Saturn is square to Pluto showing him to be selfish and not open to real intimate emotional exchanges.''

A question - how does that indicate HE would be the selfish one and not open to emotional exchanges? Because the composite is a blend of both of our planetary positions, so how could one distinguish between such behaviors and determine who the one displaying them is?

About the first meeting chart, is the fullness of the 7th and 8th houses insignificant? I am also stuck on the fact that the moon at the time we met was conjunct HIS natal moon, AND in the 8th house, when his natal moon falls on my 8th house and conjucts my Pluto - I've read about both of these situations (Moon/Pluto conjunction and Moon in someone's 8th house in synastry) being very intense and romantic or even obsessive - the 8th is the house of obsession and sex. So what is it that points to a friendship instead?

Thanks again for your reply and of course you don't have to reply here, I just have a lot of questions because I'm getting very excited about astrology :)

PS. Oh and a last question - in our situation, there is a small chance his natal moon won't be in my 8th house, but it is most likely there. IF, however, it was in the 9th, and because it conjuncts Pluto, would it still gain 8th house characteristics? And would Pluto in the 8th gain 9th house characteristics?
Put more simply, do out of house conjunctions give both houses a mixed flavor?

rahu

Banned
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

The truth is I didn't even look at the composite, first because I don't have much experience with them, and second because they need a relationship to be established to work - so when you're interested in someone, direct comparison is definitely way more useful.

That is all very interesting about the first meeting chart - I had no idea the Sun/Uranus midpoint could be so important - I've only recently discovered the significance of midpoints.

''the composite is not that favorable mainly because Saturn is square to Pluto showing him to be selfish and not open to real intimate emotional exchanges.''

A question - how does that indicate HE would be the selfish one and not open to emotional exchanges? Because the composite is a blend of both of our planetary positions, so how could one distinguish between such behaviors and determine who the one displaying them is?

About the first meeting chart, is the fullness of the 7th and 8th houses insignificant? I am also stuck on the fact that the moon at the time we met was conjunct HIS natal moon, AND in the 8th house, when his natal moon falls on my 8th house and conjucts my Pluto - I've read about both of these situations (Moon/Pluto conjunction and Moon in someone's 8th house in synastry) being very intense and romantic or even obsessive - the 8th is the house of obsession and sex. So what is it that points to a friendship instead?

Thanks again for your reply and of course you don't have to reply here, I just have a lot of questions because I'm getting very excited about astrology :)

PS. Oh and a last question - in our situation, there is a small chance his natal moon won't be in my 8th house, but it is most likely there. IF, however, it was in the 9th, and because it conjuncts Pluto, would it still gain 8th house characteristics? And would Pluto in the 8th gain 9th house characteristics?
Put more simply, do out of house conjunctions give both houses a mixed flavor?

so when you're interested in someone, direct comparison is definitely way more useful
definity wrong .composites can give exact timing of breakups and meetings,something I have never seen any synastric astrologer be able to do. most often synastric astrologer need to ask several questions... very often they need to know when the relationship began.
check my thread node and reality and you will see that composites can give information about beginnings and ends that synastry can not or rather that I have not seen done very often .
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539&page=25

don't believe everything you read. the composite shows the dynamics of a relationship. comparison only shows how you react as individuals. how many times have you heard, "oh he/she wasn't like that when we were dating"
synastry is how you hit it off, composites are how you get it on:smile:

AND in the 8th house, when his natal moon falls on my 8th house and conjucts my Pluto - I've read about both of these situations (Moon/Pluto conjunction and Moon in someone's 8th house in synastry) being very intense and romantic or even obsessive - the 8th is the house of obsession and sex. So what is it that points to a friendship instead?
love take give and take and compromises. pluto is extremely selfish and rarely progresses to love. true pluto can be very passionate but the sexual energy of pluto rarely leads to love. in fact usually after the first thrill of orgasm, pluto's strictly carnal desires "kills" love. I have seen many composite and actual marriages that evolve into celibacy because of the dissatisfaction of purely sexual/carnal gratification .obsession is not love unless you are interested in manipulating or controlling the "other"

question - how does that indicate HE would be the selfish one and not open to emotional exchanges? Because the composite is a blend of both of our planetary positions, so how could one distinguish between such behaviors and determine who the one displaying them is?

more disinformation... the planets do not lose their gender in a composite. planets retain their culture values in a composite. but it is true that if a woman is the instigator of a relationship then the masculine symbols could refer to her rather than him. but overall in 90% of composite, the traditional gender does hold true.

in tricomposites and same sex composites then yes, you have to refer to the separate natals to be sure of the gender of the planets. and if you use asteroids ,for example,then obvious Jupiter will be the male and juno the female

and second because they need a relationship to be established to work

again disinformation. first off no one knows why astrology works so no one can say when astrology doesn't work.:happy:

secondly, one mus define what a composite represents.... I think we will all agree that we have aura's. auras are electric/etheric energies associated with life and the soul(to keep this short).
hence my belief is that a composite captures the interaction of your auras. just as when one cast two stones into a calm pond, both stones creates separate waves/vibrations. but when the waves/vibrations meet, a third totally different wave/vibration pattern is created. this is the composite. the spiritual corollary is that our auras are created at birth, everyone's aura's are created at birth ,so you have a composite with every living soul whether you meet then or not. the composite is an independent force and has nothing to do with whether there is a relationship or not. the composite only becomes significant when you ask about a specific pair or combinations of souls.

many times I can read what has happened before the couple got together because the composite pre exists the actual meeting.

rahu

Last edited:

v27

You are a gem!

composites can give exact timing of breakups and meetings

That is very, very interesting. I will try to draw composites of people I know the exact birth times, and see what I can get.

I understand that about Pluto - so, the real indicators of love, would probably be Venus and the Moon, right? So those need to be in good contact for the relationship to evolve into love.

About the composite - so lets say Venus and and the Sun aspect each other. The Venus would be the woman in that scenario, and the Sun the man, and the aspect would tell us the nature of their interactions, right?

many times I can read what has happened before the couple got together because the composite pre exists the actual meeting.

This is amazing. You know intuitively, that’s how I used to think about composites, but reading about them changed my opinion.

I will read that thread you linked me to soon :)

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
You are a gem!

composites can give exact timing of breakups and meetings

That is very, very interesting. I will try to draw composites of people I know the exact birth times, and see what I can get.

I understand that about Pluto - so, the real indicators of love, would probably be Venus and the Moon, right? So those need to be in good contact for the relationship to evolve into love.

About the composite - so lets say Venus and and the Sun aspect each other. The Venus would be the woman in that scenario, and the Sun the man, and the aspect would tell us the nature of their interactions, right?

This is amazing. You know intuitively, that’s how I used to think about composites, but reading about them changed my opinion.

I will read that thread you linked me to soon :)

sometimes this is correct but you must realize that the moon and Saturn form a pair that is much more ancient than the moon sun pairing.

when looking for gender identity in a composite, I use Saturn as the man and the moon as the female or venus as the female and mars as the man.

venus conjunct to the sun would express,to me, the existence of a loving connection in the relationship. here Venus would symbolize love instead of just the woman.

one must be careful when reading astrology books because they are only opinions.your own experience is just as important as what you read. and remember.. astrology is not written in books.. it is written in the sky.
rahu

v27

What I have come to understand is you need to take several steps back and always look at the whole picture, when trying to read a chart. You can't focus on any single thing - you have to take everything into account, and that of course takes a lot of experience.

And yeah - I think I have a pretty good intuition and grasp on hidden things, (and I think my astrology helps me), so I will work on trusting my gut more.

What I love most about astrology is that there's always more to be discovered, and that no matter how much you know there's more to learn, and I also love how analytical you have to be of the data in front of you.

But this is probably irrelevant to this thread :p Thank you for your help and I might update this if I have significant news with this guy :)

rahu

Banned
What I have come to understand is you need to take several steps back and always look at the whole picture, when trying to read a chart. You can't focus on any single thing - you have to take everything into account, and that of course takes a lot of experience.

And yeah - I think I have a pretty good intuition and grasp on hidden things, (and I think my astrology helps me), so I will work on trusting my gut more.

What I love most about astrology is that there's always more to be discovered, and that no matter how much you know there's more to learn, and I also love how analytical you have to be of the data in front of you.

But this is probably irrelevant to this thread :p Thank you for your help and I might update this if I have significant news with this guy :)

I will add another midpoint technique that is very good at understanding the affect of transits.

one can make a composite of one"s natal chart and the moment chart you are concerned with. so in this instance, your moment chart and your natal chart will describe how the moment chart aspects are specifically affecting you.

and.. I hope this is not too much new information, if you can isolate named asteroids for yourself and the guy, you can adds these to the moment/natal composite and get a even more exact description of the personal interactions /possibilities between you.

rahu

v27

I will add another midpoint technique that is very good at understanding the affect of transits.

one can make a composite of one"s natal chart and the moment chart you are concerned with. so in this instance, your moment chart and your natal chart will describe how the moment chart aspects are specifically affecting you.

and.. I hope this is not too much new information, if you can isolate named asteroids for yourself and the guy, you can adds these to the moment/natal composite and get a even more exact description of the personal interactions /possibilities between you.

rahu

I had sort of done this before but I suppose in the wrong way - I sometimes make direct synastry comparisons of my natal chart and the moment I am interested in. That would be simply examining transits though, right? I'll start making composites from now on, then :)

I will definitely do that. It annoys me that I don't have his exact birth time cause Ascendant and house placements are so important, but eh :/ Especially if I learn it I will go into way more detail examining our charts.

rahu

Banned
if you post a moment/natal composite I'd interpret it for you to give you a quick idea how this composite will work
rahu

rahu

Banned
tumblr_p0enljjwrr1qjcp2eo1_500.png

Here you go, and thanks again :)
venus conjunct the sun indicates there is strong affection between you, but mars opposed to saturn shows that he is less emotionally affected by these feelings than you are.aspects to the node are always show definitive astrological dynamics. here the node is square to the mars/Saturn opposition so it is clear the emotional "heaviness" of this aspect will qualify the emotional levels he will experience

mercury conjunct to Jupiter shows that you and he have a very good mental rapport and you might have similar education or jobs. this aspect shows intelligence in both of you and leads to many interesting conversations.in fact the attraction here probably started out as a strong attraction to each others minds.this indicates that you could have met at a professional or educational gathering or meeting .

the sun/moon midpoint is opposed to chiron. this adds to the intellectual connection between you and shows you want to know each other inside and out, or you might ay you want to know what males each other tick. this aspect can show arguments at times as you both are very set in your opinions.

but again with pluto square to the sun, there are selfish motives or personal ambitions that will interfere with a intimate emotional union.as mentioned, this could be a sexual chemistry but it is unlikely that this would lead to a reciprocal emotional intimacy.

the mercury/Uranus and Jupiter/Uranus midpoints are square to the ascendant, so what I said about your metal connection is much more important. this indicates that you and he talked all night and exchanged many innovative and far sighted or advanced ideas. this aspect gives both of you a scientific slant on the world and shows you both are very theoretical and independent thinkers. it may be that you are smitten wit him because it is not often you meet someone whop can match you breath or knowledge.

you might notice how one can see the astrological structure and then intuit the scenario that might accompany or support these dynamics.

rahu

Last edited:

v27

venus conjunct the sun indicates there is strong affection between you, but mars opposed to saturn shows that he is less emotionally affected by these feelings than you are.aspects to the node are always show definitive astrological dynamics. here the node is square to the mars/Saturn opposition so it is clear the emotional "heaviness" of this aspect will qualify the emotional levels he will experience

mercury conjunct to Jupiter shows that you and he have a very good mental rapport and you might have similar education or jobs. this aspect shows intelligence in both of you and leads to many interesting conversations.in fact the attraction here probably started out as a strong attraction to each others minds.this indicates that you could have met at a professional or educational gathering or meeting .

the sun/moon midpoint is opposed to chiron. this adds to the intellectual connection between you and shows you want to know each other inside and out, or you might ay you want to know what males each other tick. this aspect can show arguments at times as you both are very set in your opinions.

but again with pluto square to the sun, there are selfish motives or personal ambitions that will interfere with a intimate emotional union.as mentioned, this could be a sexual chemistry but it is unlikely that this would lead to a reciprocal emotional intimacy.

the mercury/Uranus and Jupiter/Uranus midpoints are square to the ascendant, so what I said about your metal connection is much more important. this indicates that you and he talked all night and exchanged many innovative and far sighted or advanced ideas. this aspect gives both of you a scientific slant on the world and shows you both are very theoretical and independent thinkers. it may be that you are smitten wit him because it is not often you meet someone whop can match you breath or knowledge.

you might notice how one can see the astrological structure and then intuit the scenario that might accompany or support these dynamics.

rahu

Does the first bold part mean he also experienced emotional heaviness?

[To be clear, this is the composite of my natal chart with our meeting, though I know you understood that :p]

And yes, the rest is all correct. It was more magnetic and raw than intellectual, though I do find his mind to be brilliant as well.

With Pluto squaring the Sun and it being about selfish motives - does that mean for both of us, or possibly one? I personally believe I don't have ''selfish'' motives and am genuinely falling for the guy, but then sometimes we don't know our own motives for a while. I do believe, though, that my motives are affectionate and genuine, so I wonder if this would mean it's him that would be the selfishly motivated one.

rahu

Banned

[To be clear, this is the composite of my natal chart with our meeting, though I know you understood that :p]

And yes, the rest is all correct. It was more magnetic and raw than intellectual, though I do find his mind to be brilliant as well.

With Pluto squaring the Sun and it being about selfish motives - does that mean for both of us, or possibly one? I personally believe I don't have ''selfish'' motives and am genuinely falling for the guy, but then sometimes we don't know our own motives for a while. I do believe, though, that my motives are affectionate and genuine, so I wonder if this would mean it's him that would be the selfishly motivated one.

yes it is the moment/natal chart. it is amazing to me that a moment/natal can give such accurate reflections of the affect on the querent

pluto invariably shows that the individuals are selfish even if the dynamic is unconscious. Pluto can relate to past lives but not usually the square.

I mean the emotional attraction affects him less that you even though both experience the attraction.saturn opposed to mars is very self centered also and hence less likely to make compromises etc necessary for a relationship
rahu

v27

I understand. I may have news in a few days, and will update this thread if something significant happens, but I'm keeping my head off the clouds for now.

You seem so knowledgeable though, and I really admire that! Your ease at this shows how much experience you have with astrology, and you've really helped me here - grounded me, so to say.

So, I appreciate the time you've taken to reply to this newbie :)