Playlist of the Week(music)

Blaze

Account Closed
Don't ya sometimes wish you could....go back to a better time?

I wish someone told me when the good times were. That way, I'd never leave em.

Take us back.

A lonely young man is allowed to day dream, yea?

piercethevale

As for this tune, i HAVE WISHED FOR YEARS THAT IT WOULD BE RELEASED AND SO IT HAS...to save effort I'm just a cuttin' and a pastin' what I posted on facebook about it...
You all enjoy yerselves, here...
It's Rock and Roll on full burner, my friends...
those of you that don't like Rock and Roll need not bother...
Those of you that like it... I salute you [and yes, the title of the jam is "The Rattlesnake Shake" and it is unabashedly of direct sexual connotation of the male solo variety... as like that of Rory Gallagher's "Wave My Self Goodbye" and Jackson Browne's "Rosie" ...as in ref. to "Miss Rosie Palm and Her five sisters"

Wind your clocks and put on your socks...you are about to Rock...

...copied and pasted from my spiel on facebook, as follows...

I FOUND IT!!!!!!
YES YES YES YES YES YES
THIS is the numero uno live cut of the Rattle Snake Shake recorded live at the Boston Tea Party that was on the bootleg vinyl, "Cerulean"... the are a number of live cuts of this medley done by the Mac between '69 and '70 that have been subsequently released sine the the early 1990's, of four tunes from the album, "Then Play On" that was released in 1970, the Rattlesnake Shake, Underway and both of the Midge tunes. They all vary in length and are worthy of ones ear and a place in ones' collection... but this one was the only one you could hear for many a year, and only if you knew someone that shelled out the hundred bucks it took to get that bootleg vinyl. A friend of mine did, back in 1988 and I got a tape made from it.
The difference you ask?
It's at 18:44 to 18:45...that ONE NOTE ...struck with such a flair on that particular night's rendition as for the POWER...that
...IT JUST JOLTS THE ETHERIC...
as it would "Knock me to my knees and turn me out Chinese..." as the sayin' used to be backndaday...
ifuallknowaddimtalkinbout?
This is also the longest of all the other renditions...and it is sooo on full burner>
I first heard of it's existence in the Fall of '72 while living in the dorms at Sonoma State at the time, but it took me another 16 years until I got to hear it...and I would soon be drooling for it... like a junkie for a fix as I do need to hear it again and again... no doubt till I'm in the grave.
Considered to be, for years and years, by just about everyone that had ever heard it,{and I still do} to be the greatest live recording of a three way guitar jam. Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan...and of course, with John and Mick.
PLAY THIS AS LOUD AS F'N POSSIBLE!

Fleetwood Mac, the blues years(Peter Green) - "Rattlesnake Shake"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUokt0gX-oM&list=LL_GIQVo2-N_jmBSEcHpj6Fg&index=8

Blaze

Account Closed
Listening to this cause I love the sound of bagpipes. :joyful:

I've come to realize why I love winter so much. It's because the outside bitter cold can match the frigidness of isolation and loneliness I feel inside. Such a sad revelation, perhaps, but I feel strangely happy about it. Self-discovery is the first step to self-growth, no?

Here, a calming song that puts my mind at ease and helps me sleep.

Beautiful Winter

Blaze

Account Closed
Vivaldi Autumn The Four Seasons

Walking through my local park just watching nature and my gosh, the trees never look so beautiful. The red, gold, dark yellow and orange leaves just leave me in awe. :joyful: Watching the squirrels collect nuts for this coming winter while the birds sing on trees of red and gold is almost magical.

piercethevale

I may have suggested this number before, I can't recall... but it's that good that it deserves it, whether I am "second posting" or not.

It seems that there are quite a number of folks whose rock and roll roots and or tastes go back ,many years that are still unaware of Mick Fleetwood's project that He was also the drummer in that was around in the early 1990's all too briefly... "The Zoo", a band that also featured the legendary Australian rocker, the late Billy Thorpe, on guitar and vocals and vocalist Bekka Bramlet, daughter of Bonnie and the late Delaney Bramlett.

Here's a live recorded cut of the band from circa 1992 doing a number that got far too little air play far too briefly...here in California, anyways.

It Really Rocks...!

"Zoo - Shakin' The Cage" - Live 1992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Unfjlc7b8o&list=LL_GIQVo2-N_jmBSEcHpj6Fg&index=58

piercethevale

...AND NOW FOR SOME SERIOUS rOCK AND rOLL...

Joe Walsh plays the most wicked guitar in this oldie... and proving that Cleveland really does rock...or did, at one time. {The last time I was there was in '72, so... not for me to say as to either way, nowadays} but all else aside...

D*** THAT BOY COULD LAY DOWN SOME LICKS ...!

THE JAMES GANG - "STOP"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_vKWcEtcs