Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Unread 02-04-2014, 08:10 AM

Re: Chiron: where it hurts

Hey Flowergirl
Isn't it also a question of transit aspects to Chiron?
Maybe you are right that in the natal chart people wouldn't notice Chiron much if no natal aspect... but there might be experiences related to the slower moving planets aspecting it. ?

Unread 02-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Good point, Flowergirl.

Unfortunately nobody gets through a long life without "wounding" in some area or other. Possibly by transits to or from Chiron.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:24 PM

Wow I just cannot believe the incredible and extremely impressive understanding and knowledge of Chiron - and all of astrology actually.

Wow oh my hat you guys are extremely clued up.

Sheesh - and I thought I was good!

lol

I terrible at this but this is an extremely great place to get info on big time here.

Well I maybe need some serious help with some issues in my life and trying to understand how to deal with them.

I have Chiron in the 4th house and it is in Gemini.

Now I HATE TALKING to my family about ANYTHING.

Because all they ever do is either

a) Never care and think a bit on it even though their words hurt me like a ton of bricks
b) It is like talking to a brick wall they are deaf and never listen to anything I say EVER.
c) They make me feel like I am a total moron and this hurts even more.

I also need some big help on some of what I think you guys call "transits"?

It is in my chart but I tried to find info but no luck

:-(

But maybe I tried the wrong search or something?

Also I have felt like I am sometimes so dumb compared to other I sometimes just want to cry it is not fair.

What is Chiron opposite Neptune like?

Also opposite Urans.

Chiron is also square I think this symbol is Mercury?

Yes Chiron sqaure Mercury.

It has also got a "Q" (I think that is quintile?) for Mars.

There are squares for both "North Node" and "South Node".

And a green kind of star (Is this sextile? I am really sorry I do not know ) for Jupiter.

I am not going to lie.

I hate .... I want to swear... I HATE Chiron...

I really do not like it because I have huuuuuuuuuuuge problems with my family.

And in early childhood it was very rough for me.

not financially... no... but in so many other ways...

I am the kind of person that could live in a house made of pure gold and still be the most miserable person on the planet.

But fill it with fun and interesting people even in an open square of land and I am at home.

:'-)

Oh yes here is my chart - I think I did it right because my grand mother made the 500% correct chart for me - wait yes it looks 500% the same thanks.

I really need to know what these things mean - I need answers.

I think my soul chose a hard hard **** hard life this time round... I want another life... any other...

Does Chiron really rule reincarnation?

Wow I did not know this!

.... hmmm... that is very interesting hey.....

I wonder soemtimes.
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Ahh sorry i forgot to add my chart

Sorry guys here it is for interests sake and all that jazz.

Thank you for any help you may provide or knowledge if you cam thank you.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...8&d=1331075338
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:36 PM

I read up on Chiron in the 4th house and it was not a veyr good read...

The 1 thing sturck very true when i read it... it was a very long time ago... but very true...

"Don't feel at home any where kind of thing"

I remember that very well because it struck so true.

I am actually not loved and frowned upon by my family for even the most menaingless things and they hurt me emotionally A LOT.

A LOT.

I hate Chiron very much and wish the world would send 500000 million nukes to blow it away for ever to never come back in a billion years.

Is there anything GOOD at all that Chiron rules - something else other than PAINFUL WOUNDS...?
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:48 PM

Stinky,
It seems like you are just learning astrology. That is fine, we all have to start somewhere. Don't worry if it takes a while. A good book for beginners is Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky. Or follow the educational articles here or at Astrodienst for starters.

We might assume, based on what you've written, that the Big Ouch in your horoscope is Chiron in the 4th house of home, one or both parents, and early childhood conditioning. It looks like you feel like the real black sheep of the family!

If we look at Chiron in aspect, a "rule" of modern astrology is that a sextile or trine will usually be an aspect of ease or even enthusiasm, but an opposition or square will be an aspect of tension and stress. A conjunction can go either way, depending upon the nature of the planet/s involved.

In your case, Neptune is a planet of both inspiration and feeling dispirited; beautiful illusion and bitter disillusionment. Something you thought was real turns out to be false; something you thought was false turns out to be real. At its best, Neptune gives us a healthy spirituality and artistic sense, however. Uranus is similarly two-sided. One side is a disruptive force: think "sudden upsets." The other side is the human potential for liberation, and breaking out of confining ruts in our lives.

If we pit these two characters against Chiron in an opposition, you might well experience it as painful disillusionment and disruption. Every kid wants an ideal family life, and you got the short end of the stick this time around.

Chiron doesn't ask us to ignore the pain-- in fact, we can't. He does ask us to use the pain as a platform from which we can gain some wisdom and compassion about our situation. So maybe Chiron's step one is to simply accept that you have the family you have, and you cannot count on it changing. It is the chirotic "wound that doesn't heal." Step two: once you stop expecting them to change, maybe you can see how your critical family members are deeply trapped in their own negativity. Have their lives been easy?

Also, maybe out of this experience, you can develop compassion for people in similar circumstances. There are a lot of broken-hearted children in the world, including the ones who grew up and could never leave that childhood behind. If you've developed some survival methods, for example, these might be strategies that you could pass along. Or just let them know that you are there for them if they need to talk. Especially as you age, and realize all of the dysfunctional families out there, you might gain a more relaxed perspective on your situation.

Congratulations. At this point you've reached Chiron's goal, which is: we develop wisdom out of experience. We develop experience out of our mistakes and misfortunes. Nobody gets a free pass, so the question is what we make of our unhappiness.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Kittea (02-26-2018), Stinky (02-05-2014)
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
I'm starting to think of Chiron like I think of the 4 goddess asteroids - in terms of themes present in ones live whenever the asteroid conjuncts personal planets. Then it is very pronounced.

I know that square and opposition aspects to Chiron (like Venus sq Chiron) are very valid too, but I feel it is a very important theme when conjunct.
Hello Flowergirl, can I ask something? I have Chiron 12th H trine two personal planets (Venus, Sun) & trine North Node..the theme is less pronounced compared to the conjunction?
This is a very interesting thread!Bravo to all of you!
T
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:55 PM

Stinky, our posts crossed. So just a few more thoughts about Chiron in aspect.

See if you can concentrate on the helpful aspects to your Chiron. It sextiles Jupiter Jupiter is the philosopher of the zodiac, and good luck factor.

Another book I highly recommend is Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now. As a young man, he experienced his life as extremely painful. Then he developed a simple life philosophy that turned it around.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Stinky (02-05-2014)
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraL View Post
Hello Flowergirl, can I ask something? I have Chiron 12th H trine two personal planets (Venus, Sun) & trine North Node..the theme is less pronounced compared to the conjunction?
This is a very interesting thread!Bravo to all of you!
T
Conjunctions and trines are the best aspects in astrology.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arena For This Useful Post:
Stinky (02-05-2014), TamaraL (02-05-2014)
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Hey thank you WayBread for your awesome wisdom and wonderful reply!!

:-D

I HATE Chiron...

I need to look for that book somehow maybe it is at that interesting shop "Books Galore" I think it was?

Or maybe they can get it for me?

Waybread... it has HARD to concentrate on the good of that UGLY planet Chiron.

It is UGLY that planet.

The wounds are HORRIBLE.

They are so deep I hate my family to the very core... and I cannot get their love... I just can't

:'-(

And it drives me MAD

I need to ask a VERY important question that is BIG ON MY MIND....

Can you actually HEAL not others but YOUR OWN wounds instead of just healing others wounds????

what about healing YOUR wounds and getting the love FROM your family that really really really NEED?

Chiron is a SERIOUS THORN and the UGLIEST planet of them all... but it will not be ugly at all if I can heal myself... and get the love i need....

THEN I will not hate it at all! :-D

IS it possible to get the love and care or for others where this butt ugly planet is in your chart - to HEAL and actually FIX and get the love you need from your family to heal the wounds that make you feel extremely depressed and very unhappy and feel like you are not loved at all???

Is it possible?????

PLEASE

I MUST KNOW

It is a horrible planet Chiron.

It is the WORST of them all - it is worse than ALL of the other planets COMBINED

NONE CAN COMPARE TO IT

The world should try and blow it up.

Everyone must try to blow up Chiron.
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Arena & Waybread, yes I agree that with Transit Chiron you won't get away from the wounding as it aspects planets in the chart. Perhaps it is more with transit Chiron that the individual will get more of a visit to the natal Chiron wound. Perhaps at the time of doing a reading for someone when Chiron is not activated, perhaps then it is harder for them to relate to the natal Chiron wound, that is what I meant to say too.
waybread (02-05-2014)
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:45 PM

Stinky, I'd put an empowered Chiron this way.

We can't undo the past. Very seldom will people change, and even less frequently can we change them to our liking. But we can make our peace with the past, and let go of all of the emotional charge we fasten onto other people.

This doesn't mean we condone other people's bad behaviour. But we don't let it run (or ruin) our lives.

I've had people in my life who were unspeakably mean to me, who truly wanted to hurt my feelings and; in a couple of situations, destroy my career. I feel that one cannot be a doormat to such people, but also that if I take their bad words and actions to heart, then I am actually complicit in the harm they intend towards me. In effect, I do their work for them. I get hurt twice: once by them and once by me.

Chiron says, maybe we don't get the great family, the good looks, our dream girl or guy, the good job, or what-have-you. And maybe we experience these lacks as an abiding emotional pain. But everyone has Chiron somewhere in the chart-- so it is part of our maturational process as human beings to learn how to cope, accommodate, and move on with our lives. Ideally, we gain in compassion and understanding for others in our same boat.

We may never get the love we want-- and deserve-- from our families. No point in pasting a happy-smiley face on an abiding wound. But we can learn to love ourselves and be kind to ourselves, so that we don't do a dysfunctional parent's hurtful work twice.

There are so many ways to express love and get it back. Volunteering with the elderly, with disabled or disadvantaged children, or at an animal shelter come to mind. Think of the elderly people in nursing homes whom nobody visits, dirt-poor children from dysfunctional homes, or hurt and abandoned dogs. They will offer us more love than we can handle.

If we come from a place of love and have some to share, then we will draw love to us. It won't come to us, normally, out of our own sense of deprivation and need; but out of our own big-hearted sharing of love. That is a huge gift to give, and one that does get repaid. Not because a little kid, Alzheimers patient, or puppy can say "thank you" but because we know in our hearts how we contributed.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Kittea (02-26-2018), Stinky (02-06-2014)
Unread 02-06-2014, 01:16 AM

words of wisdom waybread
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:10 AM

Chiron H=6.2 It's too small. Useless.

Jim
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:24 PM

Could I please ask what would be implied if someone's Chiron is on my DSC? I have a man in my life (not sure if I can call him my boyfriend) who and both his Moon and Chiron at his IC, conjunct my DSC, in Aqua.

My Moon 22.18
His Moon 17.13
His Chiron 14.39 R
My DSC 13.49
His IC 12.46

So, would you say that his pain is deeply held in his core (his IC) possibly related to his childhood and his mother (Moon)? I know he lost his father at the age of 15 which devastated his mother. As for his Chiron on my DSC, I'm wondering if this means that his pain will have an impact on our relationship, which, in fact, sounds logical.
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Stinky, our posts crossed. So just a few more thoughts about Chiron in aspect.

See if you can concentrate on the helpful aspects to your Chiron. It sextiles Jupiter Jupiter is the philosopher of the zodiac, and good luck factor.

Another book I highly recommend is Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now. As a young man, he experienced his life as extremely painful. Then he developed a simple life philosophy that turned it around.
]

Even though his 2nd book "A new Earth" came after "power of now", I highly recommend reading it first and then "power of now" second. Both are some of the best books I've ever read on any of these subjects. Much of my philosophy on Vesta and the Vertex and the Node come from this.
Unread 02-26-2014, 12:26 PM

Hi way,
I think I've attached it below.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf chiron chart.pdf (106.2 KB, 14 views)
Unread 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM

You have an interesting chart, with a lot of domiciled planets (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) making me think that you can go far in life! But I wonder how you fare with committed, long-term relationships, with Chiron in the 7th house, opposed by disruptive Uranus. With quintiles to your Chiron, you have a lot of ambition and talent where Chiron is concerned, as well as a mix of squares (Mercury-Mars) and happy trines.

This is conjectural, but I wonder whether Chirotic wisdom is very important to you, with your sun-Jupiter in Sagittarius; or whether your sun-Jupiter plays out more in 5th house activities like recreation, children, or short-term love affairs. You could be the philosopher, the philanderer, or a mix of both!

You are motivated to think very deeply about things, but is there also a cruel streak here, with Mercury-Mars square Pluto? Do other people sometimes find you too critical? Chiron involved here from the 7th makes me think of that old song/saying, "You always hurt the ones you love." With your moon-Saturn in Capricorn, people may find you to be emotionally cool, yet you can have tremendous staying-power with someone when you want to, if only at a distance.

With your "bowl" shaped chart pattern, below the horizon, I think you live life deeply in your thoughts. Here Chiron can convey the wisdom that it offers as one works through its initial painful experiences.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 03-20-2014, 05:22 AM

There is no need to worry about chiron. It's too small. Useless.

Jim
Unread 03-20-2014, 08:04 AM

I've always thought that Chiron is very synonymous with Virgo and I'll go even further to say that I believe that Chiron is the true ruler of Virgo.

There I said it!

Chiron shows where we are likely to be like a dog with a bone. We keep on picking at that darn scab and it leads us into an unending rabbit hole.

This obsession with where Chiron is placed, echoes to me the same analytical obsession that Virgo has.

To Virgo, a problem is never solved permanently and is always a "work in progress", so it is with Chiron- a "work in progress".

So , in signs, we find those themes re-curing again and again. And since this is something that we obsess about so much- we even deem it a "weakness"- when it is very close to the Asc, other people "see" it too.

That is maybe why Chiron conjunct the Asc is most likely to be bullied/ harassed by savage energy or people OR alternatively, protected and shielded by more protective energy or people? Because their vulnerabilities are out there for all to see?

Chiron in Aries-

On one hand, can be obsessed about taking the lead and being in "front". A bit of(ironically) a bully and physically intimidating.

Alternatively, they can also be very critical of themselves with regards to their own abilities and suffer an inferiority complex.

There is also likely to be some issues with regards to how they look. Perhaps they feel that their noses are too big? Not tall enough? Eyes are too small? Not strong enough etc.

Chiron in Taurus-

On one hand, has issues with money- can't seem to find a stable job or put a consistent handle on their finances. Money goes out faster than it comes in.

There is also a tendency to underestimate their worth and this translate to them getting jobs that underpay them.

Alternatively it could also suggest someone who is obsessed with material wealth and will do ANYTHING to get rich. This person may have a very high opinion of those whom are wealthy.

Chiron in Gemini

May have issues with regards to speaking- speech impediment, stuttering or voice projection. They may also be very shy and timid in expressing their opinion. Small talk can be a challenge for them.

It could also mean that sibling relationships is a "sore" point. Perhaps there was parental favouritism or not getting along? Even bullying by an older sibling?

Alternatively , it could also mean someone who just can't shut up. Someone who has the propensity to gossip and be a "busy body". They make it their business to know what everyone else is doing and may create BIG drama over very small things.

Chiron in Cancer

The home may have been a very painful place; an absent maternal figure or mothering role?

The mother may have had not much time to spend at home? The mother may have restricted their love towards them? Or there was a lot of instability at home? The person may even have an unclear feeling towards true "belonging"/ home?

Alternatively, it could also mean someone who may marry very young-because they want to establish the home environment which they lacked.

Someone who is extremely patriotic and many see "foreigners" as threats to their domestic way of life. A traditionalist and extremely conservative person.

You catch the drift? There are just too many signs to go through. Sorry

Last edited by happiness; 03-20-2014 at 08:20 AM. Reason: eligibility
Unread 03-20-2014, 08:56 AM

Stinky, I feel for you. Chiron can be very hard to deal with but understanding it and the wisdom and maturity it can bring later in life, is very valuable. It is not all bad. The mythological story of Chiron the Centaur is very interesting and sobering - perhaps you'd like to read up on it.

I read another astrological blog recently about planets that square the nodal axis and read that Pluto square the nodal axis can indicate profound traumatic experiences in a persons life. I then went to look at all the charts of family members and lo and behold, planets squaring their nodal axis was no surprise and you can sense/see the influence of them easily. I'm thinking that is the reason why you loathe Chiron so much, as the only personal planet that Chiron influences is your Mercury. Chiron square the nodal axis can mean a lot of wounding in your life and difficulty moving forward. I see the same thing with a family member with this aspect. It helps to grow compassion for your Self and understanding psychological astrology on a deep level can be very healing. Best wishes to you.
Stinky (04-02-2014)
Unread 03-20-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkstrand View Post
There is no need to worry about chiron. It's too small. Useless.

Jim
Jim, You are about 16 or 17 years old aren't you?

You have posted many times on another astrology forum about the sizes of asteroids. And somehow, you believe that size and proximity to be earth matters in astrology. Really? Any astrologer will tell you that is not the case. Admittedly, planets have a broader influence than asteroids, but asteroids provide focus on particular qualities and aspects which fill in the gaps in the whole story.

Your suggestion that Chiron is too small to matter makes no sense in the face of a great deal of evidence to the contrary.
Unread 03-20-2014, 04:37 PM

Perhaps Jim is saying that he has not worked extensively with Chiron. I have and I think it is extremely important.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 03-22-2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Perhaps Jim is saying that he has not worked extensively with Chiron. I have and I think it is extremely important.
Reading this reminds me of two family members who from time to time have arguments about their experience in their family and with the parents who raised them. One feel deeply hurt by what the parents did or did not do and still feel the alienation, memories of loss and loss of connection years later. The other one is like: "What are you talking about? No they did not do those things to you. It must be your imagination." etc etc

Now that I understand Astrology - that people view and experience the world differently - and I have seen their charts, it is quite obvious. One has a prominent Chiron and the other not.

Perhaps people who do not understand Chiron properly and do not feel it so keenly as others, should stick to what they know and understand from experience and keep away from subjects (like Chiron) they don't have experience with…

Just for the record: I believe Chiron has a strong influence especially as it conjuncts personal planets or the ascendant or nodal axis (prominent in other words).

Last edited by Flowergirl; 03-22-2014 at 03:49 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flowergirl For This Useful Post:
Kittea (02-26-2018), Stinky (04-02-2014), waybread (03-22-2014)
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:55 PM

A very interesting discussion, indeed, and so actual for me because I wonder what will happen next to me with Lilith conjuncting exactly on the same degree my Chiron in the 11th house. I still have no answer to this aspect. Any suggestions?

Tags
chiron, hurts