Transiting South Node conjuncts Midheaven

tanamarios

Hi everyone , i want to know about this transit which is happening to me in this moment. I just curious about it. My natal is in my link on my signature.

tanamarios

my natal South Node is in my natal 8th house in Taurus. It could be a possible problems regarding my profession? BTW ,All branches of Astrology are welcome ;-)

Betty F

Hi everyone , i want to know about this transit which is happening to me in this moment. I just curious about it. My natal is in my link on my signature.

To me, the transiting nodes show how we are involved in worldly events. You can look at them a couple of ways. The S Node might be seen as the factors contributing to world events, and the N Node as the direction these events are taking. In Mundane astrology, the N Node is often interpreted as the collective thought contributing to world conditions while the S Node shows the individual conditions contributing to the collective thought.

Your houses and aspects to your planets show where world conditions impact your life and what you can contribute to them.

The current square to your Pisces Moon indicates you have a lot of empathy to what's going on in the world right now (protect yourself from oversensitivity to the problems of others). The S Node moving from your 10th to your ninth... perhaps you've gained some experience or knowledge from your career that you can contribute to you're neighborhood, brothers or sisters, or educational systems that are being affected by world conditions.

If you're in the U.S., perhaps you have a good idea for getting our government to argue less (Gemini) and do more to get some legislation (Sagittarius) passed.

tanamarios

To me, the transiting nodes show how we are involved in worldly events. You can look at them a couple of ways. The S Node might be seen as the factors contributing to world events, and the N Node as the direction these events are taking. In Mundane astrology, the N Node is often interpreted as the collective thought contributing to world conditions while the S Node shows the individual conditions contributing to the collective thought.

Your houses and aspects to your planets show where world conditions impact your life and what you can contribute to them.

The current square to your Pisces Moon indicates you have a lot of empathy to what's going on in the world right now (protect yourself from oversensitivity to the problems of others). The S Node moving from your 10th to your ninth... perhaps you've gained some experience or knowledge from your career that you can contribute to you're neighborhood, brothers or sisters, or educational systems that are being affected by world conditions.

If you're in the U.S., perhaps you have a good idea for getting our government to argue less (Gemini) and do more to get some legislation (Sagittarius) passed.

thank you so much , right now im feeling the transiting nodes square natal Moon , very overemotional and moody. Im from Puerto Rico (US Commonwealth) and its the same thing here too.

Claire19

Very simple transitting south node is not valid and neither is the opposing north node which we would take into consideration more as it is the path this time around. The south node deals with our past life situations and only to be looked at in a natal chart. The north node is transitting your 4th and IC but has very little influence if any.
Only those born at this time with that north node in their natal charts have any validity.

tanamarios

Today , i began to feel emotional about other people but at the same time quite odd.Perhaps the transit nodes square Pisces Moon.

Very simple transitting south node is not valid and neither is the opposing north node which we would take into consideration more as it is the path this time around. The south node deals with our past life situations and only to be looked at in a natal chart. The north node is transitting your 4th and IC but has very little influence if any.
Only those born at this time with that north node in their natal charts have any validity.

I agree, I have found through my own personal study and research, very little comes of these transits

lissyloulou

Have to say that I agree with Astrologer50 regarding NN transits. I have also had NN transiting my IC and I've felt diddly squat from it. I incorrectly assumed it would do something for me, but in fact it ended up being quite ineffectual.

Betty F

Have to say that I agree with Astrologer50 regarding NN transits. I have also had NN transiting my IC and I've felt diddly squat from it. I incorrectly assumed it would do something for me, but in fact it ended up being quite ineffectual.

Is it aspecting any of your planets? If so, Mars or, earlier, Mercury would also be aspecting that planet. Mercury's influence may have had you involved in conversations about local events. Mars, on the S Node right now, aspecting one of your planets would bring some passion to your attitude towards a social issue, or how a social issue is impacting you personally, or impacting your 3rd/9th house matters.

Personally, right now, t-Mars is conjuncting my Uranus in the 11th and the N Node is in my 5th. I really want to see online poker legalized in the U.S. I don't gamble (5th house) online, but I passionately (Mars) feel that we should legislate (Sagittarius) the industry, not personal freedom (Uranus).

My Uranus is not involved in any major transits at this time, so this doesn't have any life-altering impact on me. It's just an awareness. However, it does set the tone for this new Mars/Uranus cycle.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi tanamarios
QUOTE FROM CELESTE TEAL:

North Node transiting 4th house and South Node on Midheaven suggests the home front and familial relationships are progressing smoothly and providing satisfaction, while the professional area is lacking in some way. This transit often coincides with a fortunate relocation or move. This may be a direct result of the unfortunate situations arising in the professional area or a lack of career opportunities. Superiors or authority figures may be frowning upon or dissatisfied with the efforts of the individual at this time. Assistance is likely to come from one of the parents, who are likely to be enjoying fortunate circumstances. http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm

lissyloulou

Is it aspecting any of your planets? If so, Mars or, earlier, Mercury would also be aspecting that planet. Mercury's influence may have had you involved in conversations about local events. Mars, on the S Node right now, aspecting one of your planets would bring some passion to your attitude towards a social issue, or how a social issue is impacting you personally, or impacting your 3rd/9th house matters.

Personally, right now, t-Mars is conjuncting my Uranus in the 11th and the N Node is in my 5th. I really want to see online poker legalized in the U.S. I don't gamble (5th house) online, but I passionately (Mars) feel that we should legislate (Sagittarius) the industry, not personal freedom (Uranus).

My Uranus is not involved in any major transits at this time, so this doesn't have any life-altering impact on me. It's just an awareness. However, it does set the tone for this new Mars/Uranus cycle.

I'm not very good with aspects Betty. It would have been opposite natal Jupiter just before crossing the IC. I think it's square Chiron at the moment and also square my Pluto/Uranus conjunction.

So Mars would also be squaring those planets then. It's not up to Jupiter yet.

See I read that NN is more to do with events affecting the world as whole rather than personal events. And I do feel that your post reflects that. The awareness for the community rather than a personal need. :)

lissyloulou

Hi tanamarios
QUOTE FROM CELESTE TEAL:

North Node transiting 4th house and South Node on Midheaven suggests the home front and familial relationships are progressing smoothly and providing satisfaction, while the professional area is lacking in some way. This transit often coincides with a fortunate relocation or move. This may be a direct result of the unfortunate situations arising in the professional area or a lack of career opportunities. Superiors or authority figures may be frowning upon or dissatisfied with the efforts of the individual at this time. Assistance is likely to come from one of the parents, who are likely to be enjoying fortunate circumstances. http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm

Jupiterasc, I so wish this were true and happening for me. I was so expecting NN to activate my 4th house and it didn't. I have never felt so unsettled regarding my home and living arrangements. ON the verge of change but nothing happening at all. And yet surprisingly I am rather going with the flow on the work situation and extremely happy in that regard.

JUPITERASC

Jupiterasc, I so wish this were true and happening for me. I was so expecting NN to activate my 4th house and it didn't. I have never felt so unsettled regarding my home and living arrangements. ON the verge of change but nothing happening at all. And yet surprisingly I am rather going with the flow on the work situation and extremely happy in that regard.

some good news re the work situation :smile: meanwhile, here's some interesting reading http://www.westernsiderealastrology.com/cyrilfagan/cyrilfagan.asp

also remember that Vedic astrology considers the Nodes most important - Vedics refer to them as 'Rahu' and 'Ketu'

thanks for responding and advising us, this being a learning forum it's important to see the results of what senior members said all along

JUPITERASC

It is important to remember that charts have varying responses to Nodal transits and you have said you are feeling unsettled regarding home and living arrangements - perhaps the Node is affecting your feelings regarding your home (rather than your actual home). The Node is still transiting your 4th house, so time will tell! There is plenty of evidence in Western as well as Vedic astrology that charts do respond to Nodal transits. Just because one chart in particular has apparently not responded in the expected way does not mean we should throw out the existing evidence regarding other people's charts! It is a good idea to consider a few thousand charts before drawing conclusions :smile: also, remember the Nodes affect the opposite house and the opposite house to the 4th is the 10th of career and clearly the effect on your 10th/career is beneficial for you at this time.

Last edited:

lissyloulou

thanks for responding and advising us, this being a learning forum it's important to see the results of what senior members said all along

You're welcome. :)

It is important to remember that charts have varying responses to Nodal transits and you have said you are feeling unsettled regarding home and living arrangements - perhaps the Node is affecting your feelings regarding your home (rather than your actual home). The Node is still transiting your 4th house, so time will tell! There is plenty of evidence in Western as well as Vedic astrology that charts do respond to Nodal transits. Just because one chart in particular has apparently not responded in the expected way does not mean we should throw out the existing evidence regarding other people's charts! It is a good idea to consider a few thousand charts before drawing conclusions :smile: also, remember the Nodes affect the opposite house and the opposite house to the 4th is the 10th of career and clearly the effect on your 10th/career is beneficial for you at this time.

Astrology, so hard to get to grips with sometimes. :pouty: I also have Pluto transiting 4th, and I was kinda blaming him for feeling unsettled. He's the one who lit the blue touch paper, and I'm standing well back waiting for the explosion only nothing happened. But well you should never go back to a firework once it's lit, so I'm looking at it curiously wondering if it's just going to go 'pffft' instead of 'bang'. He started this mess back in 2008, came up to oppose my Jupiter in Cancer and is now moving away from that opposition. I'm hoping things will ease off a little now, because another 12 years of this would be awful.:unsure: