Jupiter sextile Jupiter?

Skillcoil

I'll have a Jupiter sextile Jupiter transit soon, it will last for a week, but I know someone whose had it for months. Why is this? :confused:

[post was off-topic with original thread so moved to new thread - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Inside Out Orange

Re: Jupiter square Jupiter - a joyful time!

I'll have a Jupiter sextile Jupiter transit soon, it will last for a week, but I know someone whose had it for months. Why is this? :confused:

Without any specific detail (your link brings up a blank page) it's difficult to be certain but ...

My guess is that they're giving quite a wide orb to Jupiter's transits. Jupiter itself was at 23Pisces back at end of April, moved forward 10 degrees to 3Aries in mid-July and has since retrograded back to 23Pisces.

IF you were to have natal Jupiter at 28Cappy or 28Taurus and IF you gave the sextile transits an orb of 5-6 degrees then you could claim its been in sextile for all that time and will be until Feb. BUT I'd say that's too big an orb for a transit.

This article suggests 1degree for sextile transit orbs (e.g. 59-61degs) and 2degs in the natal chart (e.g. 58-62degs) although acknowledges some astrologers use up to 5 degrees.

Skillcoil

Without any specific detail (your link brings up a blank page) it's difficult to be certain but ...

My guess is that they're giving quite a wide orb to Jupiter's transits. Jupiter itself was at 23Pisces back at end of April, moved forward 10 degrees to 3Aries in mid-July and has since retrograded back to 23Pisces.

IF you were to have natal Jupiter at 28Cappy or 28Taurus and IF you gave the sextile transits an orb of 5-6 degrees then you could claim its been in sextile for all that time and will be until Feb. BUT I'd say that's too big an orb for a transit.

This article suggests 1degree for sextile transit orbs (e.g. 59-61degs) and 2degs in the natal chart (e.g. 58-62degs) although acknowledges some astrologers use up to 5 degrees.

Thank you for telling me about the link (I think I fixed it), and explaining the Jupiter sextile transit. I saw it on astro's short report forecast, they probably use wide orbs.

Betty F

It can also be caused by retrograde action. Jupiter turns direct next week right on top of my Venus. It will have been within 1 degree orb for almost 3 months before it separates.