Multiple Roles

WisdomJoy

Hi all, I applied for a couple roles and I asked if I would get any of them. I don't want to cast a chart every single time I find a role that fits.

The chart didn't have planetary alignment but I've never asked about these specific roles. I believe the answer is no.

L1 and ruler of L10 are the same. I saw a post where AV said then you can use the next ruler of the 9th house (if I'm remembering correctly, but that is Jupiter as well.)

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.04.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.04.34 PM.png

Just wondering how to analyze it.

Thanks,
WJ

ElenaJ

This is a difficult period in general.
Sun ruler of 6th squares mars, and it's happening on your ascendent, and the 4th cusp.
Jupiter retrograde approaches a conjunction with Pluto.
Both mars and Pluto are co-rulers of the 8th. ( I can't tell from the chart, is scorpio also ruler of the 9th?)
Moon has passed the Saturn conjunction is now approaching a square with Uranus, ruler of your 12th.
Hard times.

WisdomJoy

L10 is ruled by Jupiter and L9 is also ruled by Jupiter. But both these roles are career positions. Research & Diversity and Inclusion.

WisdomJoy

They are both research roles. My background is in research and I've done economic looking at cost- benefit analysis all the way back to market research. So there isn't really a role that I would be applying for that didn't have a strong research focus to it.

ElenaJ

Thanks, Tikana.
Interesting article, but I'm not sure it applies to Wisdom's question.
If I understood it correctly, she is asking about whether she will get the position(s) she applied for.
But not whether she should accept one situation or another.
Maybe I'm wrong on this.

WisdomJoy

No, you're right. What I also was confused about, is normally you look at L1 condition + moon as co-ruler. Then you can also look at L10. I saw a post previously where AV said that if L1 and L10 have the same ruler, then there was two ways to approach it. The first one was to look at the ruler of L9 (in this case that is also Jupiter), and I can't remember the other approach. Let me see if I can find it right now.

WisdomJoy

No, it's not. I applied for multiple roles and that's the title of the thread. I found the thread she commented on, I need to make my main sig, the moon, and L10 Jupiter, of make my main sig Jupiter and make L10 the ruler of L9 (can't do that because it's the same sign).

So based on that Moon and Jupiter only have a separating aspect, a conjunction, so no I won't get it. The moon is in the 11th house of hopes and dreams and makes a conjunction to 12th house cusp, so I'm not feeling great in general.

I don't know what to consider the second position though, because they both can't represent Jupiter.

tikana

Thanks, Tikana.
Interesting article, but I'm not sure it applies to Wisdom's question.
If I understood it correctly, she is asking about whether she will get the position(s) she applied for.
But not whether she should accept one situation or another.
Maybe I'm wrong on this.

she is asking which job if any she will get since she applied for multple jobs.
You dont wanna keep running charts on every single job if you applied for multiple.

kalinka

I'm only using Bonatti's options theory when the querent has to choose between options. That's how I understand it. Here Wisdom asked if she'll get one of those jobs. I don't understand why u were speaking about the 9th house. If the 10th house ruler (for jobs) is already busy, you can use the next house ruler-means the second of the 10th, which is Saturn.

WisdomJoy

Is this note for me? I misread how to use the theory myself, because I was saying to look at the L9 ruler, but that's not correct. It's actually looking at Saturn. Jupiter (me) and Saturn (one of the jobs) are separating by a conjunction. But that isn't true, Jupiter and Saturn aren't separating.

kalinka

Is this note for me? I misread how to use the theory myself, because I was saying to look at the L9 ruler, but that's not correct. It's actually looking at Saturn. Jupiter (me) and Saturn (one of the jobs) are separating by a conjunction. But that isn't true, Jupiter and Saturn aren't separating.

yes, right. I was a bit confused about L9 but now you clarified it. So Saturn and Jupiter will conjunct-you should get one of these jobs.but Saturn has to change the sign first. However I think it will work out this time.

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

yes, right. I was a bit confused about L9 but now you clarified it. So Saturn and Jupiter will conjunct-you should get one of these jobs.but Saturn has to change the sign first. However I think it will work out this time.

How come it works this time?

Also, Tikana's note on Bonatti says to look at the triplicity rulers, but is that dependent on having both jobs? If the triplicity ruler of the 10th house is the Sun, then the sun is making no aspect to Jupiter.

Also, i'm exceptionally weak as Jupiter in Cap and retrograde on top of it, I don't know why- I'm qualified for both roles.

kalinka

we can also use Mars for you. Mars will make a sextile with Jupiter next. Receptions between both are benefic. Moon applies a trine to Venus and Sun.
Also we take into consideration the aspects, which Jupiter will make in that sign. So the conjunction to Saturn counts.
I'm critical to use Bonatti's method here. If we nevertheless do it, then 1st option is Jupiter and 2nd Sun. Jupiter is in a bad shape. Sun is peregrine but makes a trine to Moon.

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

we can also use Mars for you. Mars will make a sextile with Jupiter next. Receptions between both are benefic. Moon applies a trine to Venus and Sun.
Also we take into consideration the aspects, which Jupiter will make in that sign. So the conjunction to Saturn counts.
I'm critical to use Bonatti's method here. If we nevertheless do it, then 1st option is Jupiter and 2nd Sun. Jupiter is in a bad shape. Sun is peregrine but makes a trine to Moon.

Okay, thank you for taking the time to explain it more. I assumed because the moon has to aspect Venus next then the Sun/Moon aspect would be void because it doesn't perfect. Actually, let me go check now if the moon and Venus actually perfect because it's retro.

ElenaJ

she is asking which job if any she will get since she applied for multple jobs.
You dont wanna keep running charts on every single job if you applied for multiple.

I've put my finger on what was not clear to me about this.
The title is multiple roles.
However, they are presented as one unit, not as a choice between several.
There is no way from this chart that we could answer, for example, the first job won't work out, the second might, the third definitely will.
We have no distinction between them, so we necessarily have to consider them as one single unit: will she get "the" or "any" of the jobs applied for.
For this to be a multiple choice question, we would have to receive some type of identification of each possible outcome (in the order Wisdom choses) that would allow us to distinguish between them.
Otherwise, it is "will I be accepted for any of the roles I applied for?".
So a simple 6th house question.

WisdomJoy

I've put my finger on what was not clear to me about this.
The title is multiple roles.
However, they are presented as one unit, not as a choice between several.
There is no way from this chart that we could answer, for example, the first job won't work out, the second might, the third definitely will.
We have no distinction between them, so we necessarily have to consider them as one single unit: will she get "the" or "any" of the jobs applied for.
For this to be a multiple choice question, we would have to receive some type of identification of each possible outcome (in the order Wisdom choses) that would allow us to distinguish between them.
Otherwise, it is "will I be accepted for any of the roles I applied for?".
So a simple 6th house question.

Yea, I see what your saying. I was told it’s better to ask about multiple at a time as opposed to just a new chart every time I apply for a role. But I’m still confused why we are using 6th house at all since 6th house is small tasks and the 10th is always career focused. Shouldn’t we be focused on the 10th?

ElenaJ

You are applying for a job, which is why I would use 6th.
You are not asking about a profession or career.

It is ok to use one question for multiple, but you would have to just identify each of the alternatives one by one, to be evaluated in the chart. The first would be the 6th, the second would be the 8th, the third the 10th, etc.

As it is, in one lump, there is no way we could distinguish one from the other.
At best we can say, you will be approved (or rejected).
And this would be difficult in the case (that we all wish for you) that one or two are accepted and the others maybe no.

This should be presented as a multiple choice question.