What is lilith about?

caramelo

I've recently heard of lilith but a
I've always regarded it as a negative symbol, however it seems that' s not always the case, so what is it about then?
What does it means to have lilith in opposition with a planet?

Last edited:

TheCrow

I can only share my understanding of Lilith. I have my natal Venus Square Lilith and also Lilith Conjunct Pluto (1 degree orb) in Scorpio, so I've always felt the energy of Lilith being very present in my life. :pouty:

"Lilith's position tells us about unfulfilled wishes, the suppressed shadow-side of our personality, painful experiences, privation and darkness. As with Pluto, the processes triggered here should lead to self-recognition and the acceptance of our dark side. Good and bad should not be differentiated from each other, but human existence should be seen as many-faceted." - Quote: astro.angeleowyn.eu

They way I understand it is, while Venus represents more the "good girl" archetype within a woman's chart, Lilith represents the "bad girl" aspect. She’s the sexuality that we as women are told to hide, and the female anger we’re told is too much and we shouldn't be having. She's the rebelious nature in a woman's birthchart that doesn't obey. She teaches us to deal with our dark side, to not shy away from the things that we are ashamed of. Acepting ourselves as we are with the good, the bad, and the ugly. In a man's birthchart Lilith can reveal what type of woman he fears most and which type of woman can drive him to despair.

The energy of Lilith can be destructive if used wrong but also be very liberating if used wisely.

With an opposition to another planet, Lilith can be provoking and challenging the other planet's energy and placement (sign/house). This can manifest as an internal struggle. What planet is Lilith in opposition to in your birth chart?

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Lilith was Adam’s first wife. She was created from the same firmament as Adam. She saw herself as equal to Adam. I would call her the first known feminist. She left Adam after he tried to dominate her sexually. She has a bad reputation, she was burdened with the weight of killing children. “God” asked her to stop killing children. She said “I don’t kill children”, they repeated themselves a couple of times.....and then Lilith agreed not to kill children, just to stop the monotony of the conversation. The myth is much longer and detailed.

She is the entity that makes young babies smile......

She is the accused cause of wet dreams.

You can read of her in The Nag Hamadi, “The creation of Adam. There are books out there on her as well.

A 1 degree orb for aspects is suggested for her moons.

caramelo

I can only share my understanding of Lilith. I have my natal Venus Square Lilith and also Lilith Conjunct Pluto (1 degree orb) in Scorpio, so I've always felt the energy of Lilith being very present in my life. :pouty:

"Lilith's position tells us about unfulfilled wishes, the suppressed shadow-side of our personality, painful experiences, privation and darkness. As with Pluto, the processes triggered here should lead to self-recognition and the acceptance of our dark side. Good and bad should not be differentiated from each other, but human existence should be seen as many-faceted." - Quote: astro.angeleowyn.eu

They way I understand it is, while Venus represents more the "good girl" archetype within a woman's chart, Lilith represents the "bad girl" aspect. She’s the sexuality that we as women are told to hide, and the female anger we’re told is too much and we shouldn't be having. She's the rebelious nature in a woman's birthchart that doesn't obey. She teaches us to deal with our dark side, to not shy away from the things that we are ashamed of. Acepting ourselves as we are with the good, the bad, and the ugly. In a man's birthchart Lilith can reveal what type of woman he fears most and which type of woman can drive him to despair.

The energy of Lilith can be destructive if used wrong but also be very liberating if used wisely.

With an opposition to another planet, Lilith can be provoking and challenging the other planet's energy and placement (sign/house). This can manifest as an internal struggle. What planet is Lilith in opposition to in your birth chart?
In my birth chart I have lilith in 11th house and in opposition to cancer Mars and cancer Mercury (which is unaspected). But then, how can one use its energy wisely?

Last edited:

lilithontop

Hi :) Nice to meet you.

These are my Lilith placements & aspects:

True Lilith 18°39' Capricorn, in 8th House
Pluto sextile Lilith orb -1°27'
Vesta trine Lilith orb -1°40'
Lilith inconjunction Ascendant orb -2°34'

What could you tell me about this? I'm assuming since it's in Cap, that i'd grow up repressing my sexuality a lot. I am finally fed up and in my late 20's and want to unleash my primal urges and have sex with different partners haha. I also don't get the inconjunct to Asc. NOthing online about this either :( Pls help. Thanks love.

Frisiangal

A lot depends upon what Lilith is being referred to, the asteroid by the name or the astrological points called Black Moon lilith.

The MEAN and TRUE Black Moon called Lilith are NON-PHYSICAL positions in relationship to the apogee of the Moon ( feeling) and Earth (manifestation). This is important to understand. They represent those feelings that create 'inner images' and furthest from physical outer expression. They are like strong inner senses that can do NO-THING themselves and have need of aspects to a physical planet through which they can function to become expressed.

MEAN BML offers much information regarding those images from 'the innocence of childhood', where there is no classified right or wrong, that guide or haunt one's feelings until puberty sets in. The inner images created by life's situations can take on a reality that can appear to to be real.

TRUE BML seems to manifest later in life, through which the truth of the inner images created can be seen for what they really are, or not as one imagined them to be.

The glyph for Black Moon :)lilth:) is an inverted Saturn :)saturn:), which would seem to say enough.:wink:

Asteroid lLlith may have its own interpretation.