Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Are you a 10th century AD person? Of course you are not.

Extreminate 100 rats and mixing its brains with your sperm to avoid Saturn's doom is irrational. Which one you prefer as an astrologer? It's good for you to help other person's mentals rather then doing such as rituals imo. It's also help your papers too.

So not only are you Mr. Strawman #2, but you are also a hypocrite.

What page of Corpus Iuris Civilis are you on now, Ignacius Amadeus?

Brush up on your arguing skills or they are going to skewer you in court, champ.

AppLeo

Well you can't criticize the Bible if you haven't read it so you have to strawmen something.

You've criticized objectivism many times and haven't anything by Rand.

I think you can have a discussion without reading any books, anyway. The person you're arguing against should be able to understand your premises and conclusions without having to read a book, unless the subject is super complicated and involves terms that are beyond the average person. Religion is not a complicated subject.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Look, App. I know you don't like religion. But I don't think you need to turn it into a cartoon or some one-dimensional caricature.

Why not? What's wrong with satirical humor?

Also, I tried to have a real discussion with PT on religion. I avoided humor and insults. But he had no logical arguments. If people aren't going to be logical, but continue to argue with me, I'm just gonna joke and belittle them.

conspiracy theorist

Why not? What's wrong with satirical humor?

Also, I tried to have a real discussion with PT on religion. I avoided humor and insults. But he had no logical arguments. If people aren't going to be logical, but continue to argue with me, I'm just gonna joke and belittle them.

Once again... I'm not saying that you can't be satirical. But if the extent of your defense is jokes and satire, then whatever points you are trying to make will be based on someone "getting the joke", that is, if they aren't offended and turned off first. And for those that neither find the joke funny nor comprehensible, you just look clownish without saying anything of substance.

I wasn't privy to any discussions you have had with petosiris subsequent to his conversion, so to you this is an exchange with history, but to me this is a new conversation.

david starling

Moon ingress Scorp in 2 hours. Mars chugging along in early Leo, Merc in Leo, moving out of conj with Mars, backing its way towards :cancer:.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Once again... I'm not saying that you can't be satirical. But if the extent of your defense is jokes and satire, then whatever points you are trying to make will be based on someone "getting the joke", that is, if they aren't offended and turned off first. And for those that neither find the joke funny nor comprehensible, you just look clownish without saying anything of substance.

Looking like a clown towards clowns I'm arguing with doesn't concern me. And the people who get the jokes are laughing with me.

I wasn't privy to any discussions you have had with petosiris subsequent to his conversion, so to you this is an exchange with history, but to me this is a new conversation.

Yeah, the conversation took place on discord. The server was deleted, so I can't get them. But yeah, that's why I don't take PT seriously anymore because he's bringing up arguments and positions we've already covered, yet he refuses to change his ideas despite how clear and obvious that he's wrong.

When arguing with you, I don't really know your position on religion or why you're telling me to leave religion alone. I'm open for civil discussion without satire.

SunConjunctUranus

So not only are you Mr. Strawman #2, but you are also a hypocrite.

What page of Corpus Iuris Civilis are you on now, Ignacius Amadeus?

Brush up on your arguing skills or they are going to skewer you in court, champ.

How can you issue the statement? Mage astrology is works, no doubt, but just think about consequenses from doing extreme rituals so Mercury doing your favors through electional chart. Which Pagan school you're following btw?

English is not my language, so I need to learn and be humble to the more knowledgeable people in this forum.

AppLeo

How can you issue the statement? Mage astrology is works, no doubt, but just think about consequenses from doing extreme rituals so Mercury doing your favors through electional chart. Which Pagan school you're following btw?

English is not my language, so I need to learn and be humble to more knowledgeable people in this forum.

Where are you from SCU?

conspiracy theorist

If you want a better grasp of me, I tend to take an investigative, experimental, emotionally detached yet immersive approach to the spiritual/esoteric. I would describe myself as agnostic, and I am not quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater without digging as far as I can into the subjects that I research.

Does this give you a better grasp of my viewpoint on these sorts of topics?

AppLeo

Rand offers eternal life? :surprised:

No.

If you want a better grasp of me, I tend to take an investigative, experimental, emotionally detached yet immersive approach to the spiritual/esoteric. I would describe myself as agnostic, and I am not quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater without digging as far as I can into the subjects that I research.

Does this give you a better grasp of my viewpoint on these sorts of topics?

You’re an agnostic. Why?

conspiracy theorist

Example

Is religion ********

Side A: YES!
Side B: NO!

Side CT: alright... one side says yes and the other says no. It's ones word against the other. Let me see for myself and I would be able to see why Side A is positive and Side B is negative.

- Looks at source texts/info related to the topic

.... okay I see what A is talking about, yet if approached in a different way I can see how it might actually be beneficial and I can see B's point there.

- A prayer meeting in town. One way trip to heaven!

... oh, so B talks about the power of prayer. Lemme join this group to see what the fuss is about.

etc etc etc

I also don't like to force conclusions prematurely. I let insights mature in their own time.

Last edited: