Help, I need a vocational direction.

PrimalSeidr

I'm really in need of some vocational direction. Working, has never been a strong point of mine, I've had very few jobs and they've never lasted very long. Right now, my household is in need of a second income, and as my children have finally gotten to the age where I am able to seek employment, I'm not sure where to go, direction wise. I know I need a vocation that meet's my core needs.

Open to anyone's thoughts or ideas. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_kara_j.69192.166557.jpg
    astro_2gw_kara_j.69192.166557.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 24

waybread

Had you thought of running a day care or caring for children in your home? (OK, maybe by this stage you want more adult interaction,) but:

You're well aware that being a full time Mom is a true vocation.

Your sun (identity) is in your 5th house of children.

Your moon is in your 4th house of "home"-- you might prefer a job you can do from your home. If your children are in school, you can be home for them when they return at the end of the school day.

PrimalSeidr

More adult interaction, preferred.. I love my children, but currently at a place where I feel like I need to kind of spread my wings a little? All I've known mostly, is being a stay at home mom, and for the majority of the time, I enjoy it. It's just hard to support a family with one income, and I'm feeling that pressure more and more.

I've thought about working from home, I just haven't found something do-able yet. I unfortunately live in a state that doesn't have very much remote opportunities.

I know there is a big emphasis on my 4th and 5th houses, I've never really had a desire to get into 'childcare' though. I feel like there is some sort of contradiction there though, having my south node in my 4th, which from most of the things I've read, involves me needing to move out of that area, of home and family etc.

Osamenor

Staff member
If your reason for nixing childcare is because your south node is in the fourth, rest assured, caring for children does not prevent you from moving to the north node. Your north node ruler (Mars) is in your fifth house: children.

If it's that you really want something different now, that's a good reason not to choose childcare. The fifth house is also creative pursuits, and hobbies. If you have a hobby that could be turned into a job, that would fit the picture very well.

Mars is also the traditional ruler of your sixth house, which describes what you need in day to day work. Sixth house is perhaps a more accurate descriptor of what you do, or should do, for a living than the tenth, which we tend to think of as the house of career. The tenth is how you make your public reputation, what you become known for, which may or may not be the same way that you make money.

Looking to your tenth house, MC in Pisces tends to indicate a certain unsettledness and changeability in career. The Pisces MC person is often the person who drifts into something, intuitively, and then after years have gone by, you realize you've built a career out of it. Pisces MC can also be associated with multiple careers. You've already had one career, as a SAHM (even if people don't call that a career, it is one in the tenth house sense. While you're being a SAHM, people in your community know you for that.)

We've got two MC rulers to choose from: Neptune if we use the modern ruler of Pisces, Jupiter if we use the traditional one. For this purpose, I look at both. Neptune at the DC suggests partnership. Maybe working with a business partner, or, if you and your spouse have a business together, that also fits the picture. Or, maybe working as some kind of practitioner or consultant. Relationships between clients and practitioners, and all contractual relationships, are indicated by the DC/seventh house.

Jupiter in the eleventh suggests groups, causes, community. Perhaps you are, in some sense, a community builder. If you've gotten involved in any groups or causes as a SAHM, that might be something you build your reputation on. Or, you might end up in a line of work that reflects the eleventh in that way. Maybe a continuation of something you're already doing, if you already are doing anything community or cause oriented.