Doubt about Natal Chart reports

jayind

Hi all,
I am a newbie to astrology.
My astro.com natal report says that my sun is at the (end of 1st house) and have based their interpretations with Sun in 2nd house.But my report from cafeastrology site (which has more details) have based their interpretation with Sun in 1st house.

Which one shud I go for(I am a newbie)

Sorry for troubling you ppl.

Thanks,

Jay

Arian Maverick

I suppose this could also depend upon what house system is used and the accuracy of your time of birth--even several minutes could probably change the tightness of the orb of the Sun and the second house cusp.

A rule-of-thumb many astrologers use is that a planet can be considered to be "within" the next house if it is within five decrees of the next house cusp; perhaps a slightly greater orb would be allowed if the cusp was a major angle, such as the Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven or Nadir.

Yet the second house is not angular while the first house is, and I believe the Sun has more of an affinity for the first house than the second, so this could all be used to arrive at a decision.

I don't think anyone can tell you that the Sun is definitely in one house or another if it is conjunct a house cusp; it's a very personal matter and some people become greatly offended if anyone tries to sway them one way or the other, even if the planet in question in less than five degrees away from the next house cusp.

I recommend that you read through the descriptions and perhaps try to blend them--I know, not a very decisive approach, and some members here may disagree with him. However, I don't believe it's critical that you settle upon one house placement or the other, unless of course you feel it is. In this case, just use your best judgment, pick a house, and try to stick with it. I hope you don't have any mutable influences in your chart; otherwise, this may prove to be difficult! :p

I say this in jest, of course, because I can't even decide upon my Ascendant sign--which of itself, makes me believe I may very well have a mutable Pisces Ascendant.

This post was probably of no help for you, but I simply offer my own perspective; other members will undoubtedly have their own.

Best of luck to you!

Arian Maverick

P.S. I forgot to mention that if your Sun sign is the same as the sign ruling the second house cusp, it may feel more of an affinity for this house placement.

jayind

Hi Arian,
Thanx for the reply.That was very very quick.As I have said that I am a newbie and the crux of ur suggestion, if I understand correctly is to grasp both the interpretations and meditate on it.:) Some of ur thoughts(err...most of them) were a bit complicated to me.I am attaching the link to my chart.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&&cid=gh7filecbjqaf-u1195645595

ur thoughts on it(regarding money factors...if possible) are most welcome.

Thanks

Jay

NicholasH

i have the sun in the fourth house 1 degree from the fifth. an astrology told me that it can mean that i need to develope my fourth house and find a "place i call home," or a place i feel comfortable. thats the foundation that i need to build in order to then have a fifth house sun and creativity.

so basically iterpret it as both. or as moving from one to another.
i compare it to the 29 degree of each sign. its about finishing and establishing the matters of the house your at the end of, and then going into the next house.

sorry if i rambled, i have mecury retro and it makes more sense in my head

Arian Maverick

Thanks for posting a link to your chart--it makes things quite a bit easier ;)

Your natal Jupiter is tightly conjunct the second house cusp, so I'd consider it to be in the second house and not the first without a shadow of a doubt, and since the Sun is conjunct Jupiter, I think I'm leaning more towards the second house than the first house--although, again, I don't want to force any specific interpretation on you.

The Sun and Jupiter right on the second house cusp seems like a winning combination for financial matters to me, even if the Sun is in the sign of its fall in Libra. I'm not quite sure how Pluto conjunct Jupiter will affect this interpretation, though, because Pluto is the modern ruler of the eighth house, which is commonly associated with other's people's money.

Please don't take my word for the ultimate authority because I do not have much experience with these things, but I think it is very interesting that Jupiter is conjunct the Sun-Pluto midpoint right on the second house cusp. The first thing I thought when I saw this combination was perhaps you will gain some money through an inheritance, but since I've never personally studied charts with the intention of finding such influences, please do not bank too much on this.

I'm curious what unukalhai has to say about this midpoint--she has much more experience working with them than I do.

I'm also interested in your out-of-sign conjunction between Uranus in Scorpio and Venus in Sagittarius in the third house as well as Neptune tightly conjunct your Sagittarius Nadir.

There's also a yod configuration which consists of your twelfth house Mars in Leo sextile your second house Pluto in Libra, both quincunx your seventh house Moon in Pisces. Most of the yods I've seen have the generational Neptune-Pluto sextile as the base, so I'm curious how this particular configuration may be different with Mars and Pluto as the base. Mars and Pluto are sort of similar in that Pluto is considered to be the "higher octave" of Mars by some astrologers, and both planets rule the sign of Scorpio. Mars and Pluto "get along well" in your chart since they are both sextile each other, but the Moon is having a more difficult time as the apex planet of the yod, receiving the combined energies. The Finger of God is pointing at your Pisces Moon, my friend; use it well! ;)

To make things more interesting, Pluto is in the "cross-fire" of your Cancer North Node-Capricorn South Node axis. Here's what Pluto square North Node has to say about this aspect:

This square indicates a tendency to want to reform social and cultural philosophies and institutions. Thus, the natives will be at odds with the established order and will incur its disfavor. Depending on other factors in the horoscope, this can be either mild disapproval or a matter of life and death, in which the natives are regarded as dangerous revolutiojnaries by their society.

I'm still trying to make sense of this all, but I believe the Moon is emphasized in your chart because it is the ruler of your Cancer North Node and the apex planet of a yod configuration; clearly, this is the direction the Universe is indicating you must go in to continue your spiritual development. I've always thought of the Moon as being strong in Pisces even though it doesn't have any particular dignities such as rulership or exaltation; it's a water sign, but interestingly, the only water sign of the three that have a particular relationship with the Moon--either good or bad (i.e. Cancer is the sign of the Moon's rulership and Scorpio is the sign of the Moon's fall). Speaking of exaltation, your Saturn--the ruler of your Capricorn South Node--is exalted in Libra, so I believe the scales of Libra will be sort of unbalanced in favor of your South Node, since its ruler is more strongly placed. It is the natural tendency to be more "stuck" in the South Node because this is the mode of behavior that is familiar with us, but as I said earlier, your chart is clearly indicated that you must move in the opposite direction--develop your sense of trust, especially in your friends and in your "hopes and wishes" (eleventh house influences).

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

jayind

Hi Arian,
Thanks a lot for your interpretations.I found that Bill Gates:)D ) has these combinations(Jupiter conj Pluto in 2nd house).Can u explain what it signifies about the finger of God(Yod, I suppose) in my chart.I am curious what ur friend Unukalhai has to say about this.

Thanks a lot,

Jay

Hi NicholasH,
Thanks for ur inputs.Dont feel sorry abt ur mercury retro.I too have one:) .I can understand ur thoughts.

Thanks a lot,

Jay

Pisceanfool

idk if this will help, i got a retro mercury too :rolleyes:. some of this i felt as if i should share, even though it is off the original topic some.

not sure this has been said, but the cusps are strong points. The Asc. is an integral part of most astrology styles. Something about a planet being on or near the cusp may give it extra influence. I would descern that you would interpret it as being in the house cusp it is close to because the cusp must have some impact, and could make it really be more so in that house... if that makes sense. Also consider progressions, as those planets will quickly move into the next house (as NicholasH theorised). Ive had trouble with this too, i have a few planets on the cusps and i honestly can relate to either... but not really entirely to either as well. And as was said, people use different house systems and ive personally seen a few possibbilities for my own charts interpretations and they are all somewhat accurate so it makes me reluctant to really use houses much in my interpretations.

part of your chart jumps out

Yay Pisces moon! you appear to possibly have intuitive or extrasensory abilities. Moon trine uranus is very intuitive, especially in water signs... and imo the most psychic signs in the traditional (not traditional astrology but psychic manifestation) sense. with mars trine neptune you have a firey psychic/emotional/imaginative energy, however you express it. this trine's mid point makes a kite head(kite is a grand trine with a planet sextiling somewhere in the trine) at pluto as well. well anyway idk exactly what that means but it seems important to me. The problem is neptune squares the moon(same sign and square as mine), and from personal experience you may have difficulties mastering and maybe even realizeing your abilities. they may appear later on with some transit (or somewhat recently with pluto going over ur natal neptune few months ago) or be distorted by low level astral influences.

For careers people generally look the the mid heaven's sign, configuration, and the lords situation. Mercury is your planet to focus on for this, and the only "positive" aspect is a biquintile to your moon. I dont feel comfortable interpreting this entirely, you have some minor aspects as well which i tend to ignore. I dont know you, and am saying this out of astrological context, but you may have some issues relating to mercury because of this. One thing about your mercury that's for sure, its very scorpian(conj pluto as well). you think very deeply, and are conserned more with truth then comforting lies. This can extend to social expression, meaning you may have trouble being "diplomatic" and would rather speak your truth then sugar coat things. However, with a libra stellium and piscean moon i find it hard to believe you arn't at least somewhat diplomatic (maybe useing this to be incredibly crafty and deceptive). You appear to be quite complicated. i would say for your career, based entirely on scorpian influence, it may well be an obsession. So "Find you passion! And make it happen!"(some 80's song). Im thinking artistic with your libra and pisces. Or acting is associated with mercury/gemini.

Anyway i hope this helps you(and makes sense), im still a student so don't think u should be any way i described. Also u are exactly as you "should" be anyway.;)

jayind

Hi Piscean,
Thanks for your inputs.Regarding ur pts abt Midheaven,My cafeastrology reports says that Sun,Jup,Saturn,Pluto are trine Midheaven and Mars is sextile to it and Neptune opposing it.Do we have to consider these as well(I am a newbie.. remember:confused: ).I thought these aspects was cool.or U mean they dont give any specific picture abt my career( and only mercury does).is that ur point?

Arian Maverick

Yes, I believe that aspects to the major angles (i.e. Ascendant/Descendant and Midheaven/Nadir) are significant. It may be useful to remember that since the the Ascendant is exactly opposite the Descendant and the Midheaven is exactly opposite the Nadir, an aspect to one angle automatically correlates into an aspect with the other.

Therefore, if Neptune is opposed the Midheaven, it is also conjunct the Nadir--which is probably the most important influence out of the ones you have
mentioned.

See if either of these links are helpful:

Ascendant's astrological aspects

Midheaven's astrological aspects

EDIT: Since you're new to astrology and the forum, I thought I'd make this easier for you by posting the descriptions of the exact aspects you described ;)

Thanks for your inputs.Regarding ur pts abt Midheaven,My cafeastrology reports says that Sun,Jup,Saturn,Pluto are trine Midheaven and Mars is sextile to it and Neptune opposing it.

Midheaven trine Sun:

This can be a strong indication of personal success. You have a strongly developed notion of who you are, and even while you are young you will want to be an achiever. You want a great deal out of life in terms of goals and material possessions, but you are willing to work for them. You see the necessity of putting off today's pleasure to reach tomorrow's goals. At the same time, you can get others to work with and for you, so that all of you can achieve your goals.

You are probably a very practical person. You may have very strong ideals, but you are not likely to be carried away by them, unless the planetary energies in your chart are very idealistic. Even then, your ideals are likely to be about matters that affect everyone in the real world. You have a strong sense of your own values, and you will not get along well with people whose values are very different.

Authority figures, starting with your father, will be very important in your life. If your father is absent from the scene, your mother may play a fatherly role. The first people in your life who act as authorities will strongly influence your ideas of success and the kind of success you will pursue. Generally speaking, you should have a very good experience with these people, and they will give you a great deal of self-confidence so that you can stand up for yourself. Eventually you will be able to make independent decisions and govern your own life as well as the lives of others.

Midheaven trine Jupiter:

This aspect will be extremely useful, first by helping you find the right direction to take in your life. and second by enabling you to make others feel positive about you and eager to help if you need it. You are able to pursue your goals without making people feel that you will take something away from them. You have a strong sense of social responsibility, a feeling that you should give your life over to a purpose that is useful in the world. It isn't that you are totally selfish or self-sacrificing, but that nothing seems worth doing unless it is of use to others.

You will always get along easily with authorities, and while you are young that usually means people who are older. You know that they have something to teach you, and you are willing to learn from them. You don't feel you have to show everyone how smart you are, even though you believe that you are rather special. You are willing to take your time and let the world find out how much you can do.

You will always have a project to work on, because you hate to be idle, either in mind or in body. Usually you are busy with some consuming interest, which may mean more to you than being with others. You feel that you are self-sufficient, and that your activities are enough to give you a sense of fulfillment in life. You don't feel an urgent need to be with others all the time.

Midheaven trine Saturn:

As you grow older, you will get ahead by doing everything in a very systematic and orderly manner. You try to take good care of your possessions, and you like to have them arranged neatly about you. Also you try to use your possessions in the best way possible. As you get older, you will be fascinated by the tools and techniques of any subject that interests you, and you will become very proficient in those techniques.

Even at an early age, you will feel that very little that is worth having comes for nothing in this world, but you are willing to work. As a result of this understanding, you may seem older than your age, and you may prefer the company of older people.

Although you can work with others if necessary, you probably prefer activities that you can pursue by yourself, because then you do not have to worry about whether someone elses's standards are as high as your own. You are very exacting in your work, and find it frustrating to deal with anyone who is less exacting. This same energy may also cause you to feel a bit different from other people, even sometimes as if you don't belong with them. However, this will not bother you greatly, because you are confident enough to be yourself. It is more important to you to be right than to be popular. This attitude will win you the respect of your elders, and all your life you will get along well with persons in authority. Eventually you will probably be in a position of authority yourself.

Midheaven trine Pluto:

This aspect indicates that you will always want to use your resources and talents to the best of your ability in order to get ahead in life. Even while you are young, long before most people are considering a career, you will begin to learn the best ways of using your talents to get where you want to go. However, some problems may arise in the course of your development that you should be aware of.

For example, although later you will be concerned with resources, in youth you may simply be interested in owning things, which may result in your having a lot of useless clutter. Also, you should not be so possesive that you are unwilling to share at all.

On another level, this aspect can signify that you get very involved in learning various skills. This can be very useful if you concentrate on useful skills and if you do not get so wrapped up in them that you lose track of relationships with others. Do not become too self-incolved. Any situation in which you feel compelled to act by some inner compulsion can be bad for you because you are not aware of yourself and what you are doing at the time. As a result, your activities might have totally unexpected consequences. Make sure you understand your reasons for doing whatever you do.

Nevertheless, you have a strong drive to get ahead and to succeed, which should be very advantageous in competition with others. Your objectives in life may change several times, and as an adult you may change careers, but your work and your outside interests should be enormously satisfying to you.

Midheaven sextile Mars:

You are very independent and self-reliant, but you are able to balance your own energies with other people's and work in a group, as long as you know what you personally will get out of the effort. You have the ability to work for others unselfishly, but in the end you will always defend your own needs.

You may express your will in subtle ways; but you do express it. You know what you want, and you already have some understanding of your inner self as well. This aspect is usually a sign of self-confidence. But even more important, you will learn very early in life how to capitalize on your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Also you will choose your life course while you are quite young, and for the most part you will stick to it.

Purpose is very important in your life. You do not like to do anything that doesn't fit into some higher scheme relating to your long-range plans. For this reason, in your youth you may be less fond of fooling around than most people.

Your relationships with your father and with other male authority figures should be quite good. They will teach you to stand up for yourself and be your own person. Probably they will encourage you; and it is very important that they do, because if they choose, the men in your life have more power than anyone else to tear you down and make you feel bad about yourself. Fortunately, that is not likely to happen.

Midheaven opposition Neptune:

This aspect indicates great sensitivity, but for this energy to work positively, your earliest childhood must be reasonably peaceful and serene. You are very sensitive to the hidden energies in your home and between your parents or other members of your family; and any kind of ongoing negative feelings can cause you to become insecure and lacking in self-confidence. Later on, you may feel that you cannot easily cope with life's challenges, because inside you cannot depend upon your emotions and your spontaneous actions to make everything come out right.

Your relationship with one of your parents may be rather difficult. Often this aspect signifies taht one of your parents is too weak psychologically to play his or her role in your life. This might lead you later to seek out someone who can be a guide and a loving parent figure for you. The problem is that such a relationship would displace your search for normal adult relationships.

However, even if both parents are strong, you may go to the other extreme and idealize the more influential one. In that case you would compare everyone you meet to that parent, instead of dealing with each person as an individual. This is not so bad as the first alternative, because at least you have strong ideals that you can believe in. Later in life this may turn into a strong belief in God. Because you are so sensitive, you may eventually develop a strong psychic and intuitive ability.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

jayind said:
Hi Piscean,
Thanks for your inputs.Regarding ur pts abt Midheaven,My cafeastrology reports says that Sun,Jup,Saturn,Pluto are trine Midheaven and Mars is sextile to it and Neptune opposing it.Do we have to consider these as well(I am a newbie.. remember:confused: ).I thought these aspects was cool.or U mean they dont give any specific picture abt my career( and only mercury does).is that ur point?

When people look for career indications you look at the MC. Since the MC is in Gemini, and ruled by mercury, you look at things that corralate to them (writing, acting, maybe fashion amoung other stuff). You also must look at what the ruler, mercury, is doing in the chart. Like AM said, the aspects to the MC itself are important as well. Although some disagree and dont use aspects to non-physical points, other then the conjunction. Regarding the aspects, read AM's stuff!;)

Last edited: