US Navy Base Washington 08:20AM Eastern Time reports of 12 Killed After Shots Fired

JUPITERASC

Police hunting potential gunmen in military uniform after an attack killed at least 12. One gunman shot dead in massive police operation after attack on US Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters, building 197, at naval yard Washington. Law enforcement sources named gunman as 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, from Forth Worth Texas. Police were hunting another gunman said to be dressed in military uniform, thought to be on the loose. Attack on one of biggest naval command buildings in US launched at around 8.20AM during early morning rush as people started work. Authorities confirmed 12 people killed. Others being treated for gunshot injuries in local hospitals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBtz9S86_w

Attached is an event chart for the time of the incident as given by news media

Attachments

• US NAVAL BASE WASHINGTON ATTACK.jpg
    US NAVAL BASE WASHINGTON ATTACK.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 28

Phoenix Venus

i took a quick glance at the chart this morning. the axis doesn't seem too off but i am wondering if it is just a bit after 8:20 am... puting that asc at 11 degrees, right on the merc/ura opposition...

here are the sabian symbols. Because the asc is so close to the edge and merc/ura is surely "stealing the show" of that axis dynamic, I'm substituting the posted asc/desc line for merc/ura

symbols taken from dane rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala"

Merc: who: 12 libra:

"MINERS ARE SURFACING FROM A DEEP COAL MINE.
KEYNOTE: The need to carry on at ever-deeper levels the quest for knowledge which keeps burning the fires of the collective mind of a society. the coal miner brings to the surface the ancient remains of what once was living substance. Keyword: EXTRACTION. "

Uranus: Whom-to: 12 aries

"A TRIANGULARLY SHAPED FLIGHT OF WILD GEESE.
KEYNOTE: An idealistic reliance upon a mental image of universal order. We see arising a potential conflict between cosmic and social principles of order. The principle of COSMIC ORDER polarizes the all-too-human reliance on the social concept of law and order. "

Why: MC: 13 Cancer:

"A HAND WITH A PROMINENT THUMB IS HELD OUT FOR STUDY.
KEYNOTE: The power of the will in shaping character. "

How: IC: 13 Cap:

"A FIRE WORSHIPER MEDITATES ON THE ULTIMATE REALITIES OF EXISTENCE.
KEYNOTE: The subjective quest for ultimates beyond the interplay of life and death processes. Are we ready to demonstrate man's WILL TO TRANSCENDENCE? "

very telling symbols... my heart goes out to those affected by the event...

Last edited:

dr. farr

-South Node in the 8th whole sign house, disposited by Venus
-Venus, lord of the ascendant (and of the 8th house) conjunct Saturn in the 2nd house (maraka or potential "death inflicting" house of Vedic astrology)
-Sun, atmakaraka of the chart, posited in the 12th house
-Mars, disposited by the Sun, square the Nodes ("at the bendings" as it used to be known) within 3 degrees, square 2nd house Saturn and in opposition to the Moon
...a confluence of not very favorable celestial influences at the time and location of the tragic event...

tsmall

Premium Member
-South Node in the 8th whole sign house, disposited by Venus
-Venus, lord of the ascendant (and of the 8th house) conjunct Saturn in the 2nd house (maraka or potential "death inflicting" house of Vedic astrology)
-Sun, atmakaraka of the chart, posited in the 12th house
-Mars, disposited by the Sun, square the Nodes ("at the bendings" as it used to be known) within 3 degrees, square 2nd house Saturn and in opposition to the Moon
...a confluence of not very favorable celestial influences at the time and location of the tragic event...

dr. farr, what makes this hard is that there is no way for any astrologer to "predict" these sorts of events, but rather to view them in hindsight. Unless we want to sit, and watch, ever vigilant and constant.

D.C. police were identifying victims only after their families were notified. By late Monday night, they had named seven of the 12 victims:
John Roger Johnson, 73
Kathy Gaarde, 62
Vishnu Pandit, 61
Michael Arnold, 59
Sylvia Frasier, 53
Frank Kohler, 50
Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46

It is these types of tragedies that make me question, ever...

Free will? Or fate?

dr. farr

Sure, these tradgedies are seen in hindsight (of course for individuals, the possibility of difficulties and tragedies upcoming CAN be seen with FOREsight, especially through a comparison of natal chart with SR, transit or directional charts, etc)

So, what's the value in looking at an event chart like this one? Simple: if a tragic event occurs and IF astrological principles are "real", then the tragic event should clearly REFLECT the operation of malefic astrological conditions at the TIME of such an event-its kind of like a verifying of the fundamental premise of astrology, ie that the nature and quality of celestial influences reflect in the nature and quality of events at a particular time and at a particular place. In looking at hundreds of such event charts of a tragic nature, NEVER ONCE have I seen ONE where benefic astrological influences prevailed, or EVEN EQUALED, the malefic, disruptive astrological influences seen in the chart.

DreamingTheSeas

7th house in Aries, ruler Mars in 11th ... could this show the killer who is the former marine, since 11th house is the house among others of army?

Last edited:

Venus1111

In looking at hundreds of such event charts of a tragic nature, NEVER ONCE have I seen ONE where benefic astrological influences prevailed, or EVEN EQUALED, the malefic, disruptive astrological influences seen in the chart.

What does that mean for the natal chart of someone born during such an event? For instance I know a little girl born during the 9/11 attacks.

JUPITERASC

7th house in Aries, ruler Mars in 11th ...

could this show the killer who is the former marine, since 11th house is the house among others of army?
According to media sources, one of the attackers was killed almost immediately, however others are thought to have escaped and there may have been several killers, not just one

MEDIA reports:

'....A police and FBI investigation is under way as it was confirmed that at least one gunman was among the 13 dead.

However, five hours after the incident began, police were still tracking reports of another “potential” gunman at the site, which has hundreds of rooms and several miles of corridors.....'

dr. farr

What does that mean for the natal chart of someone born during such an event? For instance I know a little girl born during the 9/11 attacks.

If born at the time and at (or near) the place of the event, it could mean the person will have a natal chart where problematical astrological influences outweigh benefic ones-a natal chart with many challenges indicated.