positives to neptune

or1000

what are the positives to neptune, i would like your opinion.
personally neptune has my least favourite effect. it is vague and blurs boundaries to the point of unknowing exposure. when looking into chiron aspects, i could deal with them it seems easier than i can do with neptune. same as neptune, chiron gives a compassion - but with borders. neptune needs structure and when you have no idea how, it becomes very frustrating and saddening.

There are lots of positives... with every sign along with negative.

Positives of neptune can be dream like.
High creativity via all means... from art, poetry or spirituality along with many other things.
Neptune can also have a self sacrifice, rescuing hero quality.

Really depends on the individual

or1000

There are lots of positives... with every sign along with negative.

Positives of neptune can be dream like.
High creativity via all means... from art, poetry or spirituality along with many other things.
Neptune can also have a self sacrifice, rescuing hero quality.

Really depends on the individual
when aspects are hard, especially oppositions, it is very difficult to consider the side of neptune to be positive. and this is my issue. there isn’t structure and instead self sacrificial inertia.

Domna

There are sooo many positive things about Neptune for me. One of the tightest aspects in my chart is Mercury opposite Neptune, but I still feel like Neptune is mostly a positive power in my chart. Maybe it helps that my Neptune is in the last degrees of the third house, because communication through art and music is a huge part of my life. I do have rather thin boundaries towards other people (12th house Moon certainly doesn't help) but with enough time spent alone to recharge, and give Neptune some creative outlets, I'm keeping a good balance. Any sort of artistic activity is like meditation for me, and very healing. And reading is the perfect healing combination of Mercury and Neptune. Escapism (Neptune) through words (Mercury). The Neptunian rose colored glasses can also be a huge help in life I feel. Most things look brighter than they really are for me, and I can see the good even in the bleakest of experiences. So yeah... for me Neptune heals more than it harms.

or1000

i understand your view points. i think it hits me that my 6th house is pisces with jupiter in pisces in the house.

Domna

I also have a Pisces 6th house, but mine is empty... I have quite a lot of neptunian things in my daily routine, and I think that helps. I also get to use intuition and compassion a lot in my work.

Ukpoohbear

Compassion! The ability to evade your enemy, an affinity with animals, water and nature in general, psychic abilities.

I also really agree with Domna’s interpretation, especially about believing things are better than they actually are, I mean, I live in a pile of my own **** but I daydream.

greybeard

May I suggest you observe the chart as a whole?

You may have a preponderance of Earth, a Mercury that is concrete, a dominant Saturn or many other things that may make it difficult to appreciate the subtle, the nuanced, the unseen.

Neptune brings wonderful gifts, often at high cost but worth the price.

Ukpoohbear

You may have a preponderance of Earth, a Mercury that is concrete, a dominant Saturn or many other things that may make it difficult to appreciate the subtle, the nuanced, the unseen.

Can you elaborate on what you mean about the high cost please? Do you mean like how every planet has a shadow side, like Neptune can be escapist and delusional? Is it also that a Neptunian can delve too deeply into unknown matters and become disconnected from reality? I feel like my inner growth far exceeds my outer growth.

greybeard

Like, for example, I have a very powerfully angular Neptune. Passing through alcoholism (high cost) brought priceless benefits.

Ukpoohbear

Like, for example, I have a very powerfully angular Neptune. Passing through alcoholism (high cost) brought priceless benefits.

I managed to be drug free for 5 years but was still a binge drinker when I partied, then I started smoking weed after a break up with a boyfriend but it helped control my need to party and now I’m psychologically nearly ready to stop the weed smoking (I hope it hasn’t done permanent damage but I like my sharper mind returning and being less dopey and lazy). Everyone thought I would be an alcoholic because I would get so wasted but 5 years later and I hardly ever drink and when I do, I can have a couple drinks and that’s it. I did get wasted on my birthday though but it reminded me why I don’t like it (because I’m an idiot).

Congrats on your journey. I’m slowly building up the positive aspects but I know mermaids, fairies and all the beautiful archetypes are real. Neptune is beautiful :love:

May I ask, is it because your Neptune is angular it is powerful or because it makes positive aspects or a combination?

Last edited:

I have Mercury conjunct neptune... Mercury is separating tho in Capricorn.

And I definitely see the positives with it.
I’ve seen a lot of people turn dreams into reality.

My Mercury feels like it has a very realistic outlook tho.
So with every planet and sign. Can see the good has well has the bad.

greybeard

Ukpoohbear;10un06221 said:
I managed to be drug free for 5 years but was still a binge drinker when I partied, then I started smoking weed after a break up with a boyfriend but it helped control my need to party and now I’m psychologically nearly ready to stop the weed smoking (I hope it hasn’t done permanent damage but I like my sharper mind returning and being less dopey and lazy). Everyone thought I would be an alcoholic because I would get so wasted but 5 years later and I hardly ever drink and when I do, I can have a couple drinks and that’s it. I did get wasted on my birthday though but it reminded me why I don’t like it (because I’m an idiot).

Congrats on your journey. I’m slowly building up the positive aspects but I know mermaids, fairies and all the beautiful archetypes are real. Neptune is beautiful :love:

May I ask, is it because your Neptune is angular it is powerful or because it makes positive aspects or a combination?

Angular planets are
always powerful.

Neptune is 2°52' from IC. I consider that up to 3° is an "exact" aspect. Neptune's aspectarian is not impressive.

Last edited:

Domna

I have an angular Neptune too, conjunct the IC. Which they say is associated with rootlessness, issues with finding a home or fixed ground to stand on... I've honestly never experienced any of that. I'm deeply rooted in very firm ground. Never had any issues with drugs either, nor any mental health issues. My mother suffers from bipolar disorder, with depression and manic psychosis, so I guess that is a negative of Neptune that has impacted me... but it's not something I have personally struggled with, nor did it impact my childhood. My mother is also a fountain of neptunian positives though... art, music, inspiration, selfless compassion etc, so I'll take the bad with the good. In my own life and psyche I have a hard time seeing any serious downsides to Neptune.

david starling

Transiting :neptune: is currently trine transiting :mercury: in Scorpio, 1 degree orb.
It's also 1 degree from my Natal-chart Asc. I'm feelin' it. Feels magical.

Last edited:

greybeard

I have an angular Neptune too, conjunct the IC. Which they say is associated with rootlessness, issues with finding a home or fixed ground to stand on... I've honestly never experienced any of that. I'm deeply rooted in very firm ground. Never had any issues with drugs either, nor any mental health issues. My mother suffers from bipolar disorder, with depression and manic psychosis, so I guess that is a negative of Neptune that has impacted me... but it's not something I have personally struggled with, nor did it impact my childhood. My mother is also a fountain of neptunian positives though... art, music, inspiration, selfless compassion etc, so I'll take the bad with the good. In my own life and psyche I have a hard time seeing any serious downsides to Neptune.

Long ago I went to an astrologers' convention, sat in on a lecture entitled "Planets in the Angles". The lady came to "Neptune in the Fourth Angle" and said... "Momma was a Space Cadet". I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. My Mom was called Crazy Mary everywhere she went.

Rootlessness, story of my life.
Got some Special Perspectives on life for my pains.

Lots of other Neptunian stuff....

Made a mystic of me.

So much depends on the chart as a whole.

Last edited:

Domna

Long ago I went to an astrologers' convention, sat in on a lecture entitled "Planets in the Angles". The lady came to "Neptune in the Fourth Angle" and said... "Momma was a Space Cadet". I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. My Mom was called Crazy Mary everywhere she went.

Made a mystic of me.

Lol! Yeah, my momma is quite the space cadet! Or rather an unrepentant village eccentric... She gave me some special perspectives on life just by being who she was.

or1000

Made a mystic of me.

oh i do relate to this