Mercury entering Capricorn - Whole Houses

JUPITERASC

So I'm surprise and perplexed
that transiting Mars and Jupiter closely (within a degree)
aspecting my 4th house/Moon/MC/Sun
and there isn't any real life experience.
Since this is my 6th profected year, all sixth houses will be relevant.
So, 11th and 4th houses are also relevant.
My conclusion is this technique is no different than any other
in making clear what is to come.
Then again I need much more practice in this technique and astrology in general! :)

Moondance
keep in mind your natal chart is linked to family, friends and so on
and so
instead of you
family/friends may have experienced events linked with those transits
:smile:

Moondancing

Premium Member
tsmall reminds us that:

'....The 6th is the house of Bad Fortune, things that are bad for your body in a lunar way.
It is also the joy of Mars, so accidents are something to watch out for.....'

An idea I like is redirecting a bad aspect. This year I've started a new diet to reduce the inflammation in my body which causes much aches and pains in my joints. So far it's going well, I've lost 10 lbs and previous aches, pains and swelling have been reduced greatly! So my goal this year is not to lose sight of positive healing. Be interesting to see results at years end.

Moondance

Moondancing

Premium Member
'....The 6th is the house of Bad Fortune, things that are bad for your body in a lunar way. It is also the joy of Mars, so accidents are something to watch out for.....'

Mars natally is in my 11th house. Today a saw a friend I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks and she had an accident in her home and busted her ankle. Then I remembered around my birthday a friend fell off a ladder at home and busted up his knee. It's my friends I have to worry about! :)

Moondance

tsmall

Premium Member
So I'm surprise and perplexed that transiting Mars and Jupiter closely (within a degree) aspecting my 4th house/Moon/MC/Sun and there isn't any real life experience. Since this is my 6th profected year, all sixth houses will be relevant. So, 11th and 4th houses are also relevant. My conclusion is this technique is no different than any other in making clear what is to come. Then again I need much more practice in this technique and astrology in general! :)

Moondance

Cadent houses aren't capable of "generating" anything. Or at least very rarely. Mostly they are going to be about "reacting" to something. When you look at profections, it's to see what planets are "activated" during that year. But you still have to keep in mind the natal condition of those planets, as well as the difference between lunar and solar things (sect, and the idea that solar houses/planets will be the things that happen because of us, while lunar things will be what happens to us), and those tie back to lunar and solar hemispheres in the chart. Everything above the horizon is solar, below, lunar. Activated planets are important to watch with transits, but it will be rare indeed that a simple transit can trigger an event. Rather, it's about a theme. Directions are usually more accurate at pinpointing precise events.

Traditional astrology, as a predictive method, isn't as easy as it should be. Which is why most neo-traditional practitioners go straight to horary for specific questions.

Tamara

Moondancing

Premium Member
Thank you for your response!

Cadent houses aren't capable of "generating" anything. Or at least very rarely. Mostly they are going to be about "reacting" to something.

True, I was half kidding about my friends. :) My directions has an exact trine of Sun to Mars in 11th. How that might manifest in my life has had me curious for a while. Now that Aries/Mars/6th house is highlighted this year I see verifiable results. Even though directed Sun is in a cadent house, it rules the 10th and sits in the first. Mars rules the Asc. In my understanding of astrology there will be activity. Or maybe I'm reacting to seeing my mother at Christmas and her being in such pain. I appreciate how complicated these issues can get.

When you look at profections, it's to see what planets are "activated" during that year. But you still have to keep in mind the natal condition of those planets, as well as the difference between lunar and solar things (sect, and the idea that solar houses/planets will be the things that happen because of us, while lunar things will be what happens to us), and those tie back to lunar and solar hemispheres in the chart. Everything above the horizon is solar, below, lunar.

You bring up a very important point of which I've been struggling to understand. My Sun below the horizon shows my chart to be a night chart. Chris Brennan found in his experience that Suns so close to the horizon can actually be in the opposite sect. A day chart in my circumstance. He recommends looking how the planets have acted in your life to make a determination. Jupiter and Saturn have been much kinder in my life than Mars and Venus. Can you help make sense of this for me?

The planets are important to watch with transits, but it will be rare indeed that a simple transit can trigger an event. Rather, it's about a theme. Directions are usually more accurate at pinpointing precise events.

End of Oct. Jupiter exactly conj natal Saturn and my son moved. (This is one of those examples where Jupiter was kind to me) :) This was a profected 5th year, Jupiter rules and conj the ruler of the 4th house. Transiting Saturn sextile natal Moon from the second house. I did lose his financial income from rent. Again this is where Saturn is challenging but I prepared for him going through my second house and did not cause chaos as an out-of-sect Saturn is known to do. Edit: Chaos is not the right word. Despair is Saturn style.

Tradional astrology, as a predictive method, isn't as easy as it should be. Which is why most neo-traditional practitioners go straight to horary for specific questions.

The horary chart that predicts an event will be demonstrated in the natal chart. But I agree the horary chart it's much easier to read.

Thank you, Tamara. I appreciate you time. Again, I appreciate how complicated astrology is even though it looks so simple after the fact.

Moondance

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Tamara: "Cadent houses aren't capable of "generating" anything. Or at least very rarely. Mostly they are going to be about "reacting" to something."

It just dawned on me that profected 6th house is the new yearly Asc. That would mean the power of it's ruler to 'generate' events is optimal?

One reason Mars on my 4th house cusp produced no event could be because there is nothing happening. At Skyscript I read an author write very convincingly that there was going to be a volcanic eruption in Italy. He felt people there should be warned. All the signs were there. Day came and went with no eruption. Now if there had been, we can look at the chart and say what was involved astrologically.

At the same time, Mercury squares my natal Jupiter (in 5th house Regio. house system) and I have never written so much about my favorite hobby Astrology.

Moondance

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Tamara: "Cadent houses aren't capable of "generating" anything.
Or at least very rarely.
Mostly they are going to be about "reacting" to something."

It just dawned on me that profected 6th house is the new yearly Asc. T
hat would mean the power of it's ruler to 'generate' events is optimal.

One reason Mars on my 4th house cusp produced no event could be because there is nothing happening.

At Skyscript I read an author write very convincingly
that there was going to be a volcanic eruption in Italy.
He felt people there should be warned.
All the signs were there
Day came and went with no eruption.
Now if there had been,
we can look at the chart and say what was involved astrologically.
Interesting :smile:

multiple earthquakes struck Italy this week
including a 5.7 magnitude around 11:30 a.m. local time on Wednesday.
In the Abruzzo region, a quake triggered an avalanche
that overtook the Hotel Rigopiano.
According to the BBC, 20 tourists and seven staff members
were in the hotel at the time of the avalanche.
Amid the earthquakes, the region was pounded by heavy snow from a storm
that tracked from the Mediterranean Sea to the Balkan Peninsula.
Ambulances attempting to reach the hotel
were blocked by 6.5 feet (2 meters) of snow, according to The Local.

At the same time, Mercury squares my natal Jupiter (in 5th house Regio. house system)
and I have never written so much about my favorite hobby Astrology.

Moondance

Moondancing

Premium Member
Interesting :smile:

multiple earthquakes struck Italy this week
including a 5.7 magnitude around 11:30 a.m. local time on Wednesday.
In the Abruzzo region, a quake triggered an avalanche
that overtook the Hotel Rigopiano.
According to the BBC, 20 tourists and seven staff members
were in the hotel at the time of the avalanche.
Amid the earthquakes, the region was pounded by heavy snow from a storm
that tracked from the Mediterranean Sea to the Balkan Peninsula.
Ambulances attempting to reach the hotel
were blocked by 6.5 feet (2 meters) of snow, according to The Local.

The article I read was a couple years ago.

tsmall

Premium Member
Tamara: "Cadent houses aren't capable of "generating" anything. Or at least very rarely. Mostly they are going to be about "reacting" to something."

It just dawned on me that profected 6th house is the new yearly Asc. That would mean the power of it's ruler to 'generate' events is optimal?

Exactly. When cadent houses become angular by profection it changes things, and gives them accidentally the ability to bring about events. Another thing to think about re:profections is that the chart is divided into the Solar and Lunar halves. The Lunar/receiving houses, 1-6, are largely about things that happen to us, or that we don't get to choose (think Lot of Fortune, and the nature of the Moon) while the Solar/emitting houses, 7-12, are about things that happen because of us. Profections will often change the halves up, by bringing the Lunar houses to the Solar half of the chart. Which is why I suggested looking at the entire profected wheel.

Tamara

tsmall

Premium Member
You bring up a very important point of which I've been struggling to understand. My Sun below the horizon shows my chart to be a night chart. Chris Brennan found in his experience that Suns so close to the horizon can actually be in the opposite sect. A day chart in my circumstance. He recommends looking how the planets have acted in your life to make a determination. Jupiter and Saturn have been much kinder in my life than Mars and Venus. Can you help make sense of this for me?

You were born 1/2 hour before sunrise (I checked, the Sun officially crested the horizon at 7:18 am) however, a bit of looking shows that astronomical twilight began around 5:45 am. Taking into consideration that the Sun's rays project 17*, it's easy to consider that it was light out when you were born, so it must have been a day chart. That said, how many times do we see the Moon high in the sky in the middle of the day? And yet no one ever considers then that the Moon must be sect light.

At a VERY quick glance, Saturn in your chart is exalted, in joy, and cadent. I'd need way more information about why you think they are your in-sect planets before I could begin to fathom a for/against argument. My recommendation would be to look objectively at the charts of other people born during twilight, and see if you could reach a similar conclusion.

Tamara

Moondancing

Premium Member
At a VERY quick glance, Saturn in your chart is exalted, in joy, and cadent. I'd need way more information about why you think they are your in-sect planets before I could begin to fathom a for/against argument. My recommendation would be to look objectively at the charts of other people born during twilight, and see if you could reach a similar conclusion.

Tamara

The first year of my life I almost died through carelessness. Mars rules my ASC. and for 7 months Mars transited the first house. The worst year of my adult life was in an 11th profected year ruled by Mars/Venus. Transiting retro Mars aspecting my Sun. I was being stalked by a man who was breaking into my home and meant me harm.

Such incidents have made me consider the possibility my chart is dinural. Mostly Mars signifies more activity for me these past 30yrs so I'm unsure and will just keep the possibility in the back of my mind.

Moondance