Read My Chart

jollyzal

Banned
It truly baffles me how many people get into astrology only asking for relationship and love advice. Is it because people need to be reassured so they look up things like astrology on the internet? People don't tend to have the necessity of reassurement when they're talking about their money or their personality, but once it comes down to others, to people they don't know fully... they do.

Is that it? I believe it's more important to know yourself before you get into things like relationships, don't you think?

Anyway I tend to rant and criticize a lot. That sparks my curiositiy, anything you see in my chart that makes me do that all the time? I think I like to bring up controversy because it makes everything less boring. I know this is related to Mercury but how would exactly a Pisces Mercury want to stir up controversy?

OJvmwtW.png

Jadi

Re: Why do 90% of people only wanna know about love and relationships?

Probably because most people are looking for a way to be 'saved' from themselves. Which is a very deluded mindset.

In regards to your question; Your mercury is quincunx Moon, which makes you read too much between the lines and creates confusion. Then there is your Mars/Venus opposition, but it's not that strong in your chart.

craft94

Well, relationships are an important part of life. Unless we choose to live alone in a forest with no human contact, I can't imagine a life without them and without sex, none of us would exist. Money is a need but emotionally speaking, I'm more invested in people than I am possessions and even with possessions, almost everything we own comes from another person. I use astrology not only so I can understand myself but to understand others as well. Not everyone necessarily needs a natal chart to know who they are. Romantic situations, however, can be complex and hard to read ESPECIALLY because emptions are involved. I think it's important to understand others and their interactions with you, and astrology can help with that. I wouldn't necessarily equate that to a lack of self-insight, though it does happen. After all, a relationship takes 2.

As for the whole controversy thing, the first thing that stands out to me is Venus and Mars square Uranus, which I consider the planet of controversy. Uranus is in the 7th house and making a square to the goddess of love, it makes sense that the controversy this question pertains to is relationship-related.

But really, your Aries Sun alone says a looot, and in the 9th house/conjunct Jupiter and what do you know, Mercurys in the 9th house too: you're probably very philosophical and we live in a world where thinking is controversial. I don't know if I can say I agree with this particular opinion (considering I myself ask a lot of relationship-based questions) but generally, I say its a good thing. Most people are boring, dishonest and I even think sometimes, they CHOOSE to be stupid, because they're too afraid of causing controversy by sharing thoughts (or simply questions) that others might not agree with.

Last edited:

jollyzal

Banned

Well, relationships are an important part of life. Unless we choose to live alone in a forest with no human contact, I can't imagine a life without them and without sex, none of us would exist. Money is a need but emotionally speaking, I'm more invested in people than I am possessions and even with possessions, almost everything we own comes from another person. I use astrology not only so I can understand myself but to understand others as well. Not everyone necessarily needs a natal chart to know who they are. Romantic situations, however, can be complex and hard to read ESPECIALLY because emptions are involved. I think it's important to understand others and their interactions with you, and astrology can help with that. I wouldn't necessarily equate that to a lack of self-insight, though it does happen. After all, a relationship takes 2.

As for the whole controversy thing, the first thing that stands out to me is Venus and Mars square Uranus, which I consider the planet of controversy. Uranus is in the 7th house and making a square to the goddess of love, it makes sense that the controversy this question pertains to is relationship-related.

But really, your Aries Sun alone says a looot, and in the 9th house/conjunct Jupiter and what do you know, Mercurys in the 9th house too: you're probably very philosophical and we live in a world where thinking is controversial. I don't know if I can say I agree with this particular opinion (considering I myself ask a lot of relationship-based questions) but generally, I say its a good thing. Most people are boring, dishonest and I even think sometimes, they CHOOSE to be stupid, because they're too afraid of causing controversy by sharing thoughts (or simply questions) that others might not agree with.

Hmm, most of my criticizing comes from watching people and thinking "Wow, they really are not focusing on what they should" or "Why are people this stupid???" (This one is a little more specific and that's not what I felt when I posted this thread). I don't wanna be argumentative but I don't believe people that ask a lot of things about relationships are dumb or stupid, I just stated the fact that a lot of people just get into astrology because of relationships and it feels like they're wasting the opportunity to focus on things like understanding oneself, money, career, etc. - These seem more important to me. I tend to nitpick a lot. I know there really is nothing wrong with that fact, but it kinda bothers me.

And now reflecting upon what you said about my chart: I think it's a combination of Sun-Jup-Mercury in 9th house plus that Moon quincunx. I honestly have felt sometimes that I'm right most of the time. I remember being a child and not wanting to go outside with my family and somehow a lot of times something happened in the end that made them regret going outside. It could've been anything: maybe if we went to eat the food would taste bad or whatever. You get the point. I don't think it's like me being maniac or believing I'm always 100% right, it's me being too analytical perhaps. If I have to agree with something in my Vedic chart it's Moon in Virgo but then again it's very vague since it's just a sign placement.

When a planet is stationary (like my Mercury), is it that strong? I have felt confused in the past and my thoughts have been very obsessive before. I have had OCD-like symptoms. I still remember being afraid of being homosexual, a pedophile, bipolar, schizophrenic... etc.

Last edited:

katydid

You have a YOD to Your Moon and a YOD to your Mercury.

And they are Mercury/Venus = Moon

and Moon/Node= Mercury.

So your Mercury is involved in two yods. [ or 'fingers of fate']

Yods involve the kind of OCD symptoms you describe. And the inner need to kick up dirt, cause a bit of controversy, etc. :pouty:

ashriia

I believe it's more important to know yourself before you get into things like relationships, don't you think?

It is important to know yourself, sure.

But for many people - dare I say most - learn about themselves through relationships. Especially in the case of someone with alot of oppositions in their natal chart.

jollyzal

Banned

You have both.

It's 4 degrees and separative I don't consider a valid orb for a quincunx and I don't feel identified with Moon quincunx Venus after reading the article you provided. I don't feel desperate for others love. Maybe I would've if I didn't get love from my parents when I was a child.

IleneK

Premium Member
It truly baffles me how many people get into astrology only asking for relationship and love advice. Is it because people need to be reassured so they look up things like astrology on the internet? People don't tend to have the necessity of reassurement when they're talking about their money or their personality, but once it comes down to others, to people they don't know fully... they do.

Is that it? I believe it's more important to know yourself before you get into things like relationships, don't you think?

Anyway I tend to rant and criticize a lot. That sparks my curiositiy, anything you see in my chart that makes me do that all the time? I think I like to bring up controversy because it makes everything less boring. I know this is related to Mercury but how would exactly a Pisces Mercury want to stir up controversy?

People want assurance about love and relationships because it is the heart and center of our lives. One can never come to know oneself in a vacuum; it will always be learned in response to some other relationship be it family, work, friendship, loving intimacy.

If you tend to rant and bring up controversy, I would look more to Mars' influence, perhaps even on your Mercury.

Mercury in Pisces may see the larger picture, but perhaps it may be preventing you from perceiving and marshalling the nitty-gritty day-to-day details of love and relationship into a cohesive and meaningful space for you to comfortably inhabit comfortably at this time.

Your very strong Venus and Mars each in their dignity, but in opposition and having rejecting reception is a reflection of challenges for you to work with in terms of forming and understanding relationship. Sun exaggeratedly strong on Aries also reflects a possibly exaggerated notion of independence, and points to the inclination to rant first and think later...?

Wishing you the best,

Last edited:

jollyzal

Banned

For a quincunx natal aspect an 8 degree orb is used.

There are many different opinions. In fact, most people reasonably use a 2-3º orb. I do feel artistic and like everything related to arts, but I honestly don't feel like I need attention or love desperately. I feel fine. I do feel Mars Quincunx Sun-Jup and Mercury quincunx Moon but Venus quincunx Moon is another story. If I felt it I would've said it.

jollyzal

Banned

People want assurance about love and relationships because it is the heart and center of our lives. One can never come to know oneself in a vacuum; it will always be learned in response to some other relationship be it family, work, friendship, loving intimacy.

If you tend to rant and bring up controversy, I would look more to Mars' influence, perhaps even on your Mercury.

Mercury in Pisces may see the larger picture, but perhaps it may be preventing you from perceiving and marshalling the nitty-gritty day-to-day details of love and relationship into a cohesive and meaningful space for you to comfortably inhabit comfortably at this time?

Wishing you the best,

My Mars is Quincunx Sun Jupiter do you think that might be it considering the Moon-Mercury quincunx? My Mars is not very well aspected but it's very strong by house and sign. There is one aspect however that I don't know what it could mean. Mars semisextile Pluto?

IleneK

Premium Member
My Mars is Quincunx Sun Jupiter do you think that might be it considering the Moon-Mercury quincunx? My Mars is not very well aspected but it's very strong by house and sign. There is one aspect however that I don't know what it could mean. Mars semisextile Pluto?

Hi,
I added some further comments about your Mars in my post to you, if you want to go back and see the last few paragraphs.

katydid

My understanding is that if the inconjunct is used, its orb is quite tight like 2-3 degrees.

True. But in looking at this particular 'potential' quincunx, there are a couple of things that warrant a second look. The Moon is in Libra, so Venus is the ruler. And there is a potential yod because of the simultaneous quincunx to the Mercury. And so the Mercury sextiles the Venus, which in my opinion, strengthens the potential for a quincunx. So I would allow a 4 degree orb because of those circumstances.

eta: also, when looking at the Moon, often the orb is given a wider latitude.

Last edited:

katydid

It's 4 degrees and separative I don't consider a valid orb for a quincunx and I don't feel identified with Moon quincunx Venus after reading the article you provided. I don't feel desperate for others love. Maybe I would've if I didn't get love from my parents when I was a child.

Did I link an article?

I don't interpret Venus/Moon in- conjunct as someone 'desperate' for love. It often signifies someone who rejects relationships or is 'neutral' about them. Seeing them as more trouble than they are worth.

IleneK

Premium Member
Most people are boring, dishonest and I even think sometimes, they CHOOSE to be stupid, because they're too afraid of causing controversy by sharing thoughts (or simply questions) that others might not agree with.

I actually agree with your delineation, which is well done, and your philosophy of self and relationship. Well spoken overall, I think.

But this final judgement on your part seems a bit harsh?, like you must not be hanging out with the fight folks. And no one chooses stupidity. It is an innate trait.
We may choose ignorance, though.
It may be useful to know the difference.

You are so bright, really. I hope you may turn your heart around; I feel like you have all that is needed to do so.