Eclipse on an Angle

Cypocryphy

I just recently had a solar eclipse on my ascendant, and I am curious as to whether anyone has experienced such an occurrence. My ascendant has been pummeled by astrological phenomena this last year, and ends in a big bang: solar eclipse on my angle. Granted the mundane effect occurred far way from my present position, but symbolically, there should be a major transformative experience coming my way—but what could it be?

The manifestations tend to be erratic but the magnitude should be similar to others. Anyone have something significant occur that he or she can definitely blame an eclipse for (when activating an angle, especially the ascendant)?

BN-AG213_nyweat_G_20131103184025.jpg

JUPITERASC

I just recently had a solar eclipse on my ascendant, and I am curious as to whether anyone has experienced such an occurrence. My ascendant has been pummeled by astrological phenomena this last year, and ends in a big bang: solar eclipse on my angle. Granted the mundane effect occurred far way from my present position, but symbolically, there should be a major transformative experience coming my way—but what could it be?

The manifestations tend to be erratic but the magnitude should be similar to others. Anyone have something significant occur that he or she can definitely blame an eclipse for (when activating an angle, especially the ascendant)?
Recalling events that occurred on or about the time of the previous eclipse on the same degree is instructive :smile:

Most recent solar eclipse was 3 November 2013
Previous solar eclipse on that degree was 3 November 1994
Prior to that was 3 November 1975

HOWEVER

notice that there was no solar eclipse on that degree November 1956

That's because the time between eclipses MAY vary dependent on which series the eclipse forms a part of :smile:

FOR EXAMPLE

'....Metonic series

The metonic series repeats eclipses every 19 years (6939.69 days), lasting about 5 cycles. Eclipses occur on nearly the same calendar date. In addition the octon subseries repeats 1/5 of that or every 3.8 years (1387.94 days). This series has 20 eclipse events between June 10, 1964 and August 21, 2036.....'

The November eclipse also is part of Saros cycle 143, repeating every 18 years, 11 days, containing 72 events.

'.....The series started with partial solar eclipse on March 7, 1617 and total event from June 24, 1797 through October 24, 1995. It has hybrid eclipses from November 3, 2013 through December 6, 2067, and annular eclipses from December 16, 2085 through September 16, 2536. The series ends at member 72 as a partial eclipse on April 23, 2873. Series members 17-28 occur between 1901 and 2100....'

JUPITERASC

Effect eclipse varies,
dependent on individual natal chart planetary placements
BECAUSE Angles ASC/DESC/IC/MC are a variable factor from chart to chart
therefor an eclipse
- whether solar or lunar -
does not necessarily affect everyone
only those whose natal charts are connected to it by aspect to their natal planets/ASC/DESC/IC/MC

UNLESS
an eclipse ushers in major change for an entire nation
or for a city
in that case THEN all those resident in that particular nation or city or area are affected

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes....

QUOTE FROM:
"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually. When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth. By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California, which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York, we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path.

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life,
whether you go there or not.
People from that area,
ideas from that area,
products from that area,
can be very important to you.
If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

The natal part of the book explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after - usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

An eclipse can link two places together.

There are eclipses that activate other eclipses
from decades earlier.

Events that happen on or around an eclipse
can have fateful
outcomes
when activated by later eclipses

Eclipses repeat, which can have significant impact. All of which is to say that a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries.

Far longer than anyone had previously thought.

"This book will revolutionize the study of eclipses"
Cycles Research. http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html :smile:

Cypocryphy

Recalling events that occurred on or about the time of the previous eclipse on the same degree is instructive :smile:

Most recent solar eclipse was 3 November 2013
Previous solar eclipse on that degree was 3 November 1994
Prior to that was 3 November 1975

HOWEVER

notice that there was no solar eclipse on that degree November 1956

That's because the time between eclipses MAY vary dependent on which series the eclipse forms a part of :smile:

FOR EXAMPLE

'....Metonic series

The metonic series repeats eclipses every 19 years (6939.69 days), lasting about 5 cycles. Eclipses occur on nearly the same calendar date. In addition the octon subseries repeats 1/5 of that or every 3.8 years (1387.94 days). This series has 20 eclipse events between June 10, 1964 and August 21, 2036.....'

The November eclipse also is part of Saros cycle 143, repeating every 18 years, 11 days, containing 72 events.

'.....The series started with partial solar eclipse on March 7, 1617 and total event from June 24, 1797 through October 24, 1995. It has hybrid eclipses from November 3, 2013 through December 6, 2067, and annular eclipses from December 16, 2085 through September 16, 2536. The series ends at member 72 as a partial eclipse on April 23, 2873. Series members 17-28 occur between 1901 and 2100....'

Yes. I know this. I am very familiar with the metonic and encompassing Saros cycles. But! Thanks for taking the time to post this. You outlined the important dates of the cycle.

Interestingly, each Saros cycle will have its own nature, so that series of eclipses, both solar and lunar, will have a distinct effect on people, places and events as opposed to others of a different Saros cycle.

What I am really interested in is how others have personally experienced these, such as yourself.

The only eclipse that would have had a significant effect on me would have been the 1994 eclipse. But nothing remarkable happened at that time! And not for years from that point or the months before. The difference with this one, however, coincided with significant transits. So I am looking on with an high level of expectation.

Cypocryphy

Effect eclipse varies,
dependent on individual natal chart planetary placements
BECAUSE Angles ASC/DESC/IC/MC are a variable factor from chart to chart
therefor an eclipse
- whether solar or lunar -
does not necessarily affect everyone
only those whose natal charts are connected to it by aspect to their natal planets/ASC/DESC/IC/MC

I just quoted a little, but just want to say thanks for posting this. I have not seen that youtube video and am unfamiliar with those books. So thanks for sharing! :smile: This is useful information.

Cypocryphy

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes....

Yes! Exactly. And this is why I am looking for some anecdotes from others. It would be nice to get about ten responses or so of others with such an event and see if there are any similarities in the experiences, some general theme, whether it be the magnitude of the experience or the nature.

This is when it pays to keep an astrological journal. It's too hard to remember some events in the past or what happened. I spent a long time trying to remember certain events or even my state of mind from long ago, as I tried to rectify my own chart.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

@ JupiterAsc: Do you know whether Bill Meridian makes a distinction with lunar and solar eclipses at the approximate time of one's birth and the path thereof?

Cypocryphy

Here would be the path of my pre-natal eclipse. According to Bill Meridian, I should have some significant ties to Africa (Madagascar), Australia, some of South America, and the East (Middle included).

path720.png

As of now I have no ties to those areas. Hmmm.

The closes solar eclipse is interesting. Seems unlikely that I would have any connection to that path:

path720.png

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Since my birth was not registered until more than two years after the event
- and that's clearly stated and documented on the registration certificate itself
then there's doubt regarding my official time of birth
Research on that ongoing project continues :smile:

Meanwhile, I bought Bill Meridian's book last year, however it eludes me at this moment. I seem to recall that Solar Eclipses are influential for far longer than lunar eclipses... although both may be 're-activated' by successive eclipses on the same degree.

Here would be the path of my pre-natal eclipse. According to Bill Meridian, I should have some significant ties to Africa (Madagascar), Australia, some of South America, and the East (Middle included).

As of now I have no ties to those areas. Hmmm.

The closes solar eclipse is interesting. Seems unlikely that I would have any connection to that path:
So you have no connection with:

PEOPLE from those areas - e.g. friends, work colleagues
IDEAS from that area - including philosophical
PRODUCTS from that area - either buying or selling

Cypocryphy

Since my birth was not registered until more than two years after the event
- and that's clearly stated and documented on the registration certificate itself
then there's doubt regarding my official time of birth
Research on that ongoing project continues :smile:

That stinks. :pouty:

Meanwhile, I bought Bill Meridian's book last year, however it eludes me at this moment. I seem to recall that Solar Eclipses are influential for far longer than lunar eclipses... although both may be 're-activated' by successive eclipses on the same degree.
Yeah. From my understanding, the effect of an eclipse, at least in regard to its expressed effect, tends to be a mystery, especially in a natal chart. House placement and sign placement, contacts, etc. help, but from most published and practicing astrologers, there seems to be a lack of consensus on its effect, with most agreeing that there is an effect but no way of really predicting how that effect will be expressed.

So you have no connection with:

PEOPLE from those areas - e.g. friends, work colleagues
IDEAS from that area - including philosophical
PRODUCTS from that area - either buying or selling

Well, not from the lunar eclipse. I did notice something disturbing, however. If I look at the solar eclipse path, which seems to be what Bill Meridian is using in the Youtube video, there is a contact with a PERSON. It is the only contact that I would have with anyone or anything, be it a person, idea or product. I was in love with a woman from Australia for a long time. That solar eclipse, as we can see, crosses Australia. Interesting, I thought. I decided to look at the path of her solar eclipse. Here it is:

path720.png

It crosses directly over where I live. :pinched:

I'm not sure what to take from this "coincidence." I suppose time will play out as to whether I have any other contacts in Australia. I suppose if I were to look at it as some sort of fated encounter, then this may be an explanation.

Perhaps the next woman will be from Africa . . . . :happy:

This has me thinking now . . . .

Last edited: