Considering moving and working abroad - north node in 10th!

Neptune Rising

Hi

A possibility has come up to move and work abroad. Its just an idea at the moment, presented to me by my friend/male/romance abroad. IF anyone has any experience reading relocations, I'd be happy to hear your views.

My current transits are Uranus conjunct the IC, and Pluto square the IC. I've felt for some time that my life is soon about to turn upside down, now I get the idea it may be part of a major move. Those two planets in hard aspect to my angles probably have an influence as I am starting to really consciously realise that my life seems to be going nowhere in the country I was born and I have never felt really at home here. My natal Chiron is in the 4th house, deeply wounded in my roots may contribute to my feelings.

Natally, the ruler of my IC is Mars in Sagittarius, suggesting my house will be abroad. Also, currently progressed Mars is about to conjunct natal Sun, maybe showing a consious joining of those to aspects of my life, and maybe also indicates the romance with a long term friend - he's lived abroad for some time, that may be a catalyst to all of this.

I am not sure what I can do for work out there, whether to go back to office work, or carry on with my teaching work. I find the relocated 10th house cusp has natal north node and Neptune in Sagittarius, this seems to be quite positive. Also Mars is in there. Mars may show the energy that is involved in the yoga/pilates teaching, natally it's in my 1st house. Perhaps that shows my applying my personal energy into my career. Sag is all about teaching, North node may be an excellent sign that I can pursue my life path of teaching/travel by moving to this location. Neptune there, with my north node, I don't know, I always apply my spirituality to what I teach.

Moon and Jupiter in the first house in Pisces, that may be nice. It may open me up emotionally and philosophically.

Sun in the 11th house, it may bring me out of myself, I may be able to network, make contacts whereas here its in my natal 2nd house. One thing about here, its all about work, earning and survival.

I am also considering children, and wondering if the Saturn in the 5th would prevent this or maybe strengthen it, seeing as the Moon/Jupiter is trine Saturn.

Looking at this website, I find that I now have two planets in exhaulted houses, Venus in the 12th and Mars in the 10th. Jupiter in the first is good.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
All places are not all good for all things. You would need to determine for yourself which area of your life are most important to see an improvement in a move. are you interested in a better romance, in a marriage pasrtnership, in a career, in better opportunities for service, etc.

Knowing that it is possible to see if a move as far away as you are suggesting is better or worse than your present place.

Neptune Rising

Thanks Zarathu, I hadn't really considered it in that way initially. I was mostly concerned with work and how/what I would do, either teaching or just office work. Also considering marriage/children but that is really a second thought as I realise I must be able to look after myself firstly.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Most relocation is done by Astro*Cartography. I don't use that method. I look to see which houses and which planets are stronger AND have lower friction in their use, by the complex mathematical determinations of Astrodyne technology.

But moving to another country, and a mostly Islamic one could have an impact for a WOMAN. This looks OK if you believe wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates
How real that is when "the rubber hits the road", is another question.

In regards to issues around the children and romance, UK and UAE are pretty much the same. No astrological difference there.

In regards to career issues your MH becomes more powerful though not a lot and Neptune drops down a bit. The 10th house of success becomes slightly better.

All in all, its not a hugs difference. Astrologically, its slightly better for career in UAR.

I would want to know the REAL difference for getting a career going in a foreign place, since while the astrology may be slightly better, this might be offset by preference given to native workers. Since, IMO, there isn't an enormous astrology difference, IF I were you I would want to talk to any UK women who live there now about how difficult it was to get meaningful(this is important) work, and how much real prejudice there is toward women compared to the UK, as well as what the job situation is for women in UAE, both for foreign nationals and for natives.

Z

Neptune Rising

Hi Zarathu

Thank you for looking into it, I appreciate that! Yes I know what you mean about the "rubber hitting the road", which is something I would defiantly have to look into. While I was there this last week, I looked a bit at the local papers through jobs just to get an idea, as my friend knows his way around. There is a lot to consider, hugely, but I'm not in any rush with this.

May I ask, when you say marriage and children there is no difference, would that mean neither of them still, as it has been up till now?

Its certainly a different culture, took me much of the week to get accustomed to it.

NR

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hi Zarathu

Thank you for looking into it, I appreciate that! Yes I know what you mean about the "rubber hitting the road", which is something I would defiantly have to look into. While I was there this last week, I looked a bit at the local papers through jobs just to get an idea, as my friend knows his way around. There is a lot to consider, hugely, but I'm not in any rush with this.

May I ask, when you say marriage and children there is no difference, would that mean neither of them still, as it has been up till now?

Its certainly a different culture, took me much of the week to get accustomed to it.

NR

I mean that the natal relocation look doesn't show that from a basic natal point of view, you are not wildly different for marriage and partnership that you are in the UK. Its just about the same as it is here. Now that doesn't mean that if we looked at a Venus return things would really be looking up during the next year. That's always possible.

And when we DO look at astro*cartography, we look to see if your Venus or Jupiter Line runs through the area that you are talking about. It does not. My Jupiter line runs through the middle of the South Atlantic!

BTW, I asked a personal question as to whether I should still pursue these things on the other thread via Horary, and the answer was yes. So I will. I thought mayvbe you had already made up your mind, but the horary was clear that you were only in the beginning stages of thinking about it, and were not about to jump before a lot more hoops were climbed through.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thank you Zarathu for your responses.

I'm back in my own home country, considering the distant possiblity of moving still, partly because there is no sunshine in the UK! Whether its to the middle east or not, I am not sure.

I had a look at my Venus return for next year. The Venus return next year shows Venus sextile Uranus, maybe that will bring an opportunity for love. Just prior to the return, it retrogrades over my natal Sun. And the solar return also looks promising for next year. The Venus return though shows the ascending angle falling in my natal 9th house. The Venus is in the 6th house, maybe I will find some work abroad. I've never really looked at Venus returns before much, but also looking at the one for this year, Venus squares Saturn, well I won't hold out much hope for a romancing year this year! Venus also rules my 10th house and is in my natal 2nd house, I feel a bit like a struggle to establish my career though I keep getting indications that I am on the right path, so perseverance maybe the key this year in all Venus matters!

I am posting the return chart, not asking for interpretation but just for interest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us