Parallels in synastry

GeminiGrrl

Since I gather that parallels play a significant although underrated role in synastry, would anyone be willing to speculate or offer an opinion on what the potential effects the following parallels might have on the two people involved? In each entry, the man's planet is listed first and the woman's second -- and in each entry, the declination of the planets in question is less than a degree apart. I understand that parallels function like amplified conjunctions, whereas contraparallels function like oppositions..and not only do these two seem to have quite a few parallels, the ones they have seem to imply a strong attraction considering the planets involved (although it might be more encouraging if there were a Sun/Moon parallel, a Mars/Venus parallel, or a parallel involving Saturn).

Sun parallel Sun
Sun parallel Venus
Mercury parallel Sun
Mercury parallel Mars
Mars contraparallel Jupiter
Uranus parallel Sun
Uranus parallel Venus
Neptune contraparallel Midheaven
Pluto parallel Sun
Pluto parallel Venus
Pluto parallel Mars
Ascendant contraparallel Sun
Ascendant contraparallel Venus
Midheaven parallel Neptune

That being said, I notice that the overlay chart between these two people appears to be a bit on the weak side -- the woman's personal planets activate the man's Mars very favorably and also oppose his Ascendant (except for her Moon, which trines his Ascendant). The composite, on the other hand, is quite strong -- but as always, when the overlay chart is weak, it sometimes fails to generate a sufficient level of initial interest which enables the people involved to reach the stage at which the composite starts coming into play. Could the parallels potentially be enough to compensate somewhat for what appears to be lacking in the overlay chart -- especially since the planet activated most strongly by parallel in the man's case is his Pluto (which tends to create intense attraction)?

Last edited:

dr. farr

I give my opinion, but simply as + influence or - influence (going into the basic reasons would result in a very extensive post)
sunPsun =+
sunPvenus = +
mercuryP sun = +
mercuryPmars = -
(Note: I rarely use contra-parallels, so I shall omit them here)
uranusPsun = -
uranusPvenus = -
plutoPsun = too intense = -
plutoPmars = too intense = -
plutoPvenus = - (would be like a conjunction of venus with mars+saturn)
neptunePMC = + (but perhaps too impractical, too idealistic or dreamy)

GeminiGrrl

I give my opinion, but simply as + influence or - influence (going into the basic reasons would result in a very extensive post)
sunPsun =+
sunPvenus = +
mercuryP sun = +
mercuryPmars = -
(Note: I rarely use contra-parallels, so I shall omit them here)
uranusPsun = -
uranusPvenus = -
plutoPsun = too intense = -
plutoPmars = too intense = -
plutoPvenus = - (would be like a conjunction of venus with mars+saturn)
neptunePMC = + (but perhaps too impractical, too idealistic or dreamy)

When you say that Pluto parallel Sun and Pluto parallel Mars are "too intense", are you implying that they're too intense in general -- or too intense in this specific situation (because I'm a Gemini, because I activate this man's Mars strongly, and/or because the overlay chart between this man and me is not as strong as it might be)? I can see why Pluto parallel Mars might be too intense in general based on what I've read about Mars/Pluto contacts and I know that Pluto conjunctions in synastry are not for the faint of heart...but with my Moon in Taurus, I'm quite strong-willed. In all honesty, I think I need a more intense partner than most Geminis do. I attribute this to the fact that I have my Sun/Venus/Mars in close stellium in hard aspect to Pluto although at a fairly wide orb.

Last edited:

Kannon

I would expect an attraction based on these declination aspects alone. They involve classic synastry aspects, best friends aspects, Sun, Venus, Uranus, Pluto connections.. No 'overlay' needed. Synastry is in the inter-aspects.

GeminiGrrl

I would expect an attraction based on these declination aspects alone. They involve classic synastry aspects, best friends aspects, Sun, Venus, Uranus, Pluto connections.. No 'overlay' needed. Synastry is in the inter-aspects.

Since I gather from your previous posts that you have a good grasp of parallels and how they function in synastry, when would you say that their effects become known to one or both people? Do they take effect right away in the same way that aspects between two natal charts do (especially aspects involving the Sun and the Ascendant, since the latter is the social mask that someone wears) -- or do they take time to manifest themselves more after the fashion of the composite chart (because the composite chart essentially describes how the couple functions in the world as a unit rather than as separate individuals)?

I presume that in addition to looking at the parallels between the two natal charts, it would be advisable to compare each person's natal declinations against those of the composite planets as well as seeing what parallels if any exist between the composite planets...?

Vyri

Banned
You might take the progressed chart to quality that aspect of future tendencies involved of the two people in question, i.e., the combined time's never change but the dates of two people do when the years of personal life's evolves..The static potential changes a bit or a smidgen in consideration to the release of some harmonics and discordance's paralleled in the natal consideration of the two chart's in question, their birth maps. (Hope you don't mind the pun):whistling:

Vyri:w00t:

All the best

dr. farr

When you say that Pluto parallel Sun and Pluto parallel Mars are "too intense", are you implying that they're too intense in general -- or too intense in this specific situation (because I'm a Gemini, because I activate this man's Mars strongly, and/or because the overlay chart between this man and me is not as strong as it might be)? I can see why Pluto parallel Mars might be too intense in general based on what I've read about Mars/Pluto contacts and I know that Pluto conjunctions in synastry are not for the faint of heart...but with my Moon in Taurus, I'm quite strong-willed. In all honesty, I think I need a more intense partner than most Geminis do. I attribute this to the fact that I have my Sun/Venus/Mars in close stellium in hard aspect to Pluto although at a fairly wide orb.

If you believe that you require the very intense, then the parallels you listed would fit the bill:wink:...

Kannon

Since I gather from your previous posts that you have a good grasp of parallels and how they function in synastry, when would you say that their effects become known to one or both people?

Both.

Do they take effect right away in the same way that aspects between two natal charts do (especially aspects involving the Sun and the Ascendant, since the latter is the social mask that someone wears) -- or do they take time to manifest themselves more after the fashion of the composite chart (because the composite chart essentially describes how the couple functions in the world as a unit rather than as separate individuals)?

The interaspect dynamics are there from the start, but it may take time to experience them. Often when two people meet they first notice the 'hotter' connections between their charts, the ones that are most easily felt right away that activate the experience of their connection. Later is when the more challenging factors like those related to Saturn, Neptune, or more difficult Mercury aspects.

I presume that in addition to looking at the parallels between the two natal charts, it would be advisable to compare each person's natal declinations against those of the composite planets as well as seeing what parallels if any exist between the composite planets...?

No. That would be redundant. The natal charts are used to create a composite, therefore there is no need to refer the composite's positions back to the natal.