Does your 7th house describe your marriage/spouse?

poyi

Premium Member
I haven't touched upon my partnership sectors that much at all yet. I went out with my piscean ex-girlfriend because she liked me for a while.

I have a Gemini venus, and she had and Aries venus so it went along pretty well except most other factors were corrupt.

Now I'm starting to get more into the Venus and Neptune higher octave thing so I think my ideal mate would have some neptune in it because I cant be as everyday-spiritually as a piscean. I wasent super-attuned to it before because she was spiritual from the start, but she opened me up to that realm.

7th house is in aquarius: all my ex-girlfriend were rather clingy, but not super intense. Not domineering, but usually emotional types. I havent actually gone out with any detached intellectual types, and prefer more uninhibted warm women. When I know that I should go for a more aquarius type.

5th house is in sagittarius: some of my girlfriends were kind of firey, but they were like mostly virgo type charactors. my two favorite signs are aquarius and sagittarius archetypally. im afraid of pure sagittarius archetypes because im a taurus, but if they have something like cancer, scorpio or taurus it would be nice. i guess i can be sagittarianish in romance, but my cancer mars gets in the way. i think once i get over my cancer mars, and when i meet someone that im willing to light my spark for then i'll be able to reach a higher level. i think i should search for more independent type women, but most of the ones ive met have this impulsively sexual and overbearing domineering type attitude. if they were more modest or graceful then it would be possible.

Virgo-Libra moon: Most of my girlfriends did have this type of character, but most of them have been like on the more quiet passive side. Well I guess I am in to cool character types, and that is what i see myself closer to naturally. Since i have a high amount of air and earth.

Overall I'm not set on a particular picture and would like to experience a few different types of things. With aquarius I feel like I'm more of a buddy sitting next to them as they focus in on some mentalistic ideal. It has a very smooth yet unconnectable feel to it. With sagittarius there is more connection if they are receptive because a lot of sagittariuses seem like they have adhd, but i havent gotten that emotionally close to one since theres usually stupid ideological problems. If I had to choose I would pick a virgo-libra with some pisces and aquarius.

Juno: 29 Leo. I think only one of my earlier girlfriends possibly represented this on the virgo side with some fire. I dont have much experience with that, but it sounds cool.

I think the 5th is more how the romance "should be initiated", and the 7th is the "framework rules of the relationship". At least from my experience because those two signs seem a little bit off for my planets. Then the moon is the "emotional reception you want back".

Sigh......all along it was your Venus in Gemini...

virgo18

Does the planets/signs/aspects/dispositor/condition in/of your 7th really describe your spouse? Do these really describe romance or marriage? Does the 7th house have any concrete manifestations or is it entirely in our psyche - qualities we project onto others? Are women really attracted to men described by their Mars' sign? Did transits to your 5th/7th or their rulers make any difference to the significations of these houses?

Im very curious about how the "dispositor" of the ruler of the 7th house works in this matter. No one talks about it like if it were not very relevant.

My 7th ruler is Mercury in Libra in the 10th

The dispositor of the ruler of my 7th is Venus in Scorpio in the 12th, and in my chart Venus rules 11th and 6th.
The guys I've loved and the one I love the most I met them: One by high school friends 11th. And the one I contacted him through internet for achieving working goals of my career.
Venus in the 12th, my relationships have some secretive and private thing at some point.

So I say that the dispositor of the ruler of the 7th can tell a lot of more interesting stuff than only the 7th ruler itself.
And yes... The position of the 7th ruler tell "the path in which you meet the ones you love" but the dispositor tells "how and where". Its interesting

princess valhalla

My 7th house/descendant is scorpio and my partner for 10 years is a sun scorpio. I appreciate really passionate, intense partners. Uranus conjuncts my DC. I did date an aquarius for a couple of years but obviously that didn't work out! He really was a player. :) lol
5th house is Virgo. Never dated a virgo. Not my romantic type. Although I did have a close male friend with sun, moon and mercury in virgo.
What I have realized is that my 3 closest girlfriends since childhood until now, have all represented my asc, desc and midheaven. Taurus, scorpio and aquarius.

tokyo.lights

Not married (yet:ninja:) but I want to participate!
7th house planets are Saturn&Pluto, 5th house Cancer, Venus&Mars Aries and Juno in Aquarius. A mess :pinched: I DEFINITELY find Aries types(not necessarily Aries Suns) incredibly attractive. Give me someone aggressive, direct, fiery and outspoken and I will be obsessing for a while. Meek and mild and quiet does nothing for me sadly…unless he’s kind and sweet, and needs protecting, in which case I become the Aries in the relationship. 7th house planets couldn’t be more different than Venus&Mars, I mean it’s black and white, night and day, good and bad…okay not really the last one. So what I find attractive and what I need in a relationship are contradictory….getting an Aries-type to fit into a Saturn&Pluto relationship just doesn’t work. Which makes me sad. I need Saturn commitment and devotion and promises of forever and sticking it through to the end….but Aries doesn't want that!!! Frustrating!! Also I need that Pluto feeling of fated-ness, that “give all your love with absolutely no boundaries”, just love until you physically can no longer function…
Is it unrealistic? Sure, probably....putting that :venus::square::neptune: to good use :wink: don't really care, I cannot settle, won’t commit unless it drastically transforms me. Saturn 7th may “limit” me for being unrealistic, and that's fine. I’d rather die alone than remain in a bland limited marriage anyway. Hey! that’s something Mars&Pluto share, the desire for drama in relationships :kissing:
One thing about Pluto 7th is, if we’re interested you’ll know it. Can’t miss it. If we ignore or find you boring, move along, it’s never gonna happen. No way would I risk losing someone I truly care for.
I believe I’ve found someone who gives me almost everything, but he comes with some massive flaws. Stilllll…he has Pluto 7th natally, maybe we can transform each other :smile:

Vagabondgirl

I have 7th house in Sagittarius with uranus in it. I have had 2 partnert previously where they both had ASC/Sun/Mercury in Saggitarius, and was married to one of them.

Now there is this longdistance relationship with a foreigner and we met online. I guess this describes the saggitarian 7th house (Foreigners, abroad) and uranus for internet or sudden connections. But this guy is predominantly gemini, as my ASC/1st house. We have alot of contact between our mercuries and our jupiters in synastry meaning travelling and communication. Alot of telephone and internet contact ofcourse.

My 5th house is in leo, and he doesnt have any planets there. But I have my Virgo stellium with Mars/Venus/Moon in his 5th house.

Claire19

the jury is out on Juno. Some myths say that she shows the courtesan, the uncommitted affair,and often married to someone else.

But otherwise what is stated is correct. The 7th house also describes our other committed relationships such as business partners and even our long term best friends. I find that the fourth house often shows the partner if they have a family together.

Claire19

I have 7th house in Sagittarius with uranus in it. I have had 2 partnert previously where they both had ASC/Sun/Mercury in Saggitarius, and was married to one of them.

Now there is this longdistance relationship with a foreigner and we met online. I guess this describes the saggitarian 7th house (Foreigners, abroad) and uranus for internet or sudden connections. But this guy is predominantly gemini, as my ASC/1st house. We have alot of contact between our mercuries and our jupiters in synastry meaning travelling and communication. Alot of telephone and internet contact ofcourse.

My 5th house is in leo, and he doesnt have any planets there. But I have my Virgo stellium with Mars/Venus/Moon in his 5th house.
You have your rising sign in Gemini and often we attract those with the Sun or other planets in that sign of the ascendant.

I have my Juno in Libra conjunct Jupiter and near the 9th house cusp. My experience has been that I had many opportunities to have affairs when I was travelling and with foreign men. As nothing came of it I cant say they were potential marriage partners at all. Not likely.

I have Virgo on the 7th cusp with Mercury ruling, for now, conjunct Saturn in Leo in the 5th I didnt want children and have not married through choice.

Claire19

(Screaming!!) MAYBE just MAYBE if I happen to find a person who will fit into the description of Neptune/Venus Square, THEN I don't need to deal with the cheating and be cheated situations!! Neptune ruler of Pisces can be spiritual, unconditional, unrealistic, ideal, with confusion but yet you are right about the religion and occult part! One funny thing, I fancy about marring someone either religious or obsessed into occults like myself (what a strange combination!).

There is another theory that I learned from Chinese Occult, as long as you find somebody that fits into the characters of your chart, somehow you can "Manipulate" and avoid misfortunes! For example, traditionally, if you have an unfortunate house of spouse, you can choose to marry someone who had divorced in the past, much older or much younger than yourself, can even have children whatever it takes to "Match" your destined spouse's characters in your chart to avoid misfortune to happen. I could have choose to marry a man who had previous marriage to fit my multiple marriage indicator to avoid myself getting married more than once!! This is really a way to manipulate your chart and fate....very taboo! hahaha or less evil way is to get married at much older age to fulfill the messages of the chart of unfortunate love life without dealing with all actually pain.

Some time, Chinese occultist will advice you not to get married until you passed certain age such as to avoid transit/progression in Western astrology.
Remember that you rule the chart and not the other way around. It just shows possibilities and you have free will. The chart does not rule us.

"Venus and Mars show what we consider to be our ideal man or woman."

I tend to agree from what I've seen. My Mars is in Scorpio and I find strong-willed, powerful men very attractive. My husband has Sagittarius Venus and he likes friendly, easygoing and adventurous women.

I do think the Descendant has to do with the kind of qualities we look for in a partner
I find it very true from the personal experience and the charts I've seen. I would also add that the descendant shows how we treat a partner and the overall attitude towards what we want in a relationship.

Personally, I like to see a couple who have Sun, Moon and Ascendant connected in some way. (My husband's Moon is conjunct my Ascendant, for instance, and my Ascendant trines his Sun, which I think is a key to our relationship.)
My husband's Sun is conjunct my Asc and his moon is also conjunct my Desc. My Moon is conjunct his Asc and my Sun is conjunct his Jupiter-Saturn conjuction, Saturn being the ruler of his 7th house and placed in his 4th house.

JUPITERASC

Im very curious about how the "dispositor" of the ruler of the 7th house works in this matter. No one talks about it like if it were not very relevant.

My 7th ruler is Mercury in Libra in the 10th

The dispositor of the ruler of my 7th is Venus in Scorpio in the 12th, and in my chart Venus rules 11th and 6th.
The guys I've loved and the one I love the most I met them: One by high school friends 11th. And the one I contacted him through internet for achieving working goals of my career.
Venus in the 12th, my relationships have some secretive and private thing at some point.

So I say that the dispositor of the ruler of the 7th can tell a lot of more interesting stuff than only the 7th ruler itself.
And yes... The position of the 7th ruler tell "the path in which you meet the ones you love" but the dispositor tells "how and where". Its interesting
Comprehensive traditional tips on delineating marriage at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49297:smile:

zoumizzouzou

Hmm, I read some where if you take your chart and flip it (example of houses:
7 would go first
8 second
9 third and so on...
12.. ect.) is how you see your marriage partner... So mine would go like this:

Aries: "Aries Ascendant often gives a rather swift walk, with the head leaning forward slightly. This walk is surprisingly distinctive. Headaches, and sinus and eye problems are the usual physical complaints of this position. Rashes and acne on the face and shoulders sometimes occur. Broad shoulders and slim hips are common. Often, Aries rising people are quick to smile, and they possess a youthful charm throughout life." (This is true of my current bf, we are not married though.)
Taurus: Financially secure and likes to splurge on luxury items (his car :tongue:)
Gemini: "Reads and thinks a lot, but is not very focused. Has a lot of projects going at once." (Yes he does :lol: )

This method worked for me :tongue: