Pluto in 8th house

katydid

It can play out in so many different ways.

I have seen some Pluto in 8th charts where the native was obsessed with sex, and even kind of addicted to it. My friend was married to a Leo with Pluto/Moon in Scorpio in his 8th. It was conjunct her Venus and she was head over heels in love with him. She was initially attracted to his intense sexual energy. And she thought it meant that he was so attracted to her, and so in love with her, that they would be together forever. Then she figured out that he was having random sex with strangers for years.

I knew a woman who had Pluto in her 8th, in Scorpio, square Saturn in Aquarius. She was fascinated by sex, the idea of it. But was afraid of it, in a physical sex. She avoided taking part in it in any way, other than to watch it. I met her in a support group for survivors of childhood abuse. I think her father was her abuser but she would not say so directly.

david starling

Key word INTENSITY. The 8th, like the 12th, is amorphous, so every factor must be considered, including Rulership of the Sign Pluto is in, Pluto's H8 "house-mates", the Asc., and whether NN or SN is in H8, especially if Conjunct Pluto itself.:unsure:

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

Pluto 8th is not always fun. Especially in Scorpio like mine and many others who come zooming into the board panicking and asking for help.

You are such kind people to embrace them and the rest of the other people showing up panicking more often.

They aren't the only ones, but you will notice a decent number with this aspect in common. I know because I was one of them.

There is no way to escape it, you have to figure out how to make it work as best you can. The best place you can. You have to control it, it can not control you. There is no way to escape the karma associated with it, a person just has to make sure they are on the right side of it. Defined by the virtues of the native.

And people envy the placement that don't realize how hard it can be and that doesn't make it any easier. :pinched:

Not trying to demonize the placement, I do hope people can understand that it also isn't glorious. Like any other placement (because it is), do your best to use it for good. My golden rule is though shalt not physically harm others or thyself in any way no matter how minor. The only time I could not avoid this was serving my country.

8th H Scorpio w/ Pluto:

With this placement, for me words are fair game. Huge caveat: Name-calling destroys credibility, use at your own risk - no matter how good you are at it. People are more tolerant of cursing when it is in frustration and not used as an indictment of the person's character.

Also, a family member(s) can be cruel with this placement, sex can usually be very good, childhood can be rough, and a person with this placement may be faced with situations that tempt the karma. From my experience, there is a fork in the road: do you want to use your neo-cortex part of your brain this time around in this situation...?

Native may be faced with a situation where they can be heavily provoked to do something terrible. Win that situation as a person and break that karmic circle (if there is one associated with the conjunct Node). The native 8th H Scorpio Pluto needs to win battles morally and if they have a temper, only use words, legal actions, or some other extremely effective yet legal method and don't use the awesomeness to call names, don't use it to be violent, it is too effective without doing so, it will only make things worse, it's universally wrong, and you won't need to. It's a force to behold when used correctly. David is absolutely correct.

It's imperative to strike morally and where it hurts the most when put into these unavoidable situations - that means legally. Go for the reputation, finances, or career (legal methods) if someone heavily affected by pluto is put into a situation where they are in a situation of flat-out maltreatment.

Win. Don't Become the Person/People That Wronged You

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Pluto is comfortable in 8th.

He can "chill" in his domain - empire of personal power - it doesn't have to be big, but often is.

It's the perfect place for a Sun-Pluto or Jupiter-Pluto aspect to live large in secret.

Pluto in 8th house realizes, recognizes that he runs everybody else's business and secrets and he is easy peezy in never letting on his own. I don't care what the aspect is to it - this is one scary place for anyone who loves, knows or works with a Pluto in 8th. The sign of Pluto only shows the face he chooses to show - but just like any planet ini it's ruled house - they run the show.

If pluto is in interception in 8th house - different story.

Jupiter brings bounty through that.

CapAquaPis

My Aquarius Sun/Moon in 8th house, Pluto in 4th and an empty 12th house (well, the part of fortune in 11* Cancer) forms a tri-ad in my natal chart. Any planet in the 8th house, esp. Pluto in a house ruled by its ruling sign Scorpio can mean something.

Marcoilrosso

Seems like Kitchy and Xaos speak of a forbidding name for this placement, as it seems reknown in all astrological world. The point of Dubyadude1986 is pretty interesting - it seems to me like Dubyadude1986 has an harmonic aspect Pluto-Jupiter. Just my impression, and of course, I may be wrong. But to me it sounds like that.

Last edited:

david starling

Notice that when using Whole-signs, that Pluto in H8 always means Pluto in Scorpio with Aries Rising. Also, if you subscribe to the concept that the quality of a Planet's expression depends on the Sign it's in, then knowing the exact nature of Pluto's (and any other Planet's) influence, requires including the Sign it's in as an important factor, in addition to the Aspect with that Sign's Ruler.
Additionally, the House-mate(s), if any, will be dominated by Pluto in H8; but that will also affect the way Pluto's intensity is expressed, especially in Conjunction. So, "It's complicated"! Given that Osiris of ancient Egypt is the forerunner of Pluto, it might behoove us to pay attention to what that god was all about (Life after Death).

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Marco -

I never said Pluto is a "forbidding" placement - it is a great, extreme and monumental placement for personal power. Jupiter and Pluto in 8th combined is very good - for the Pluto person. Great volume and depth of personal power in his/her choosing.

The only people who will have problems with Pluto in 8th person are those who want something from Pluto - or those who try to outright strong-arm him.

Pluto in the 8th is the best ally, worst enemy someone could know. This phenomena is not at all forbidding, foreboding or follysome for the Pluto in 8th keeper of the house. All roads lead to Pluto at home in 8th.

Know your roads - keep tabs of your journey into the darkside and never for a minute let anyone take you for a ride.

Nothing ever is bad about that - at least in my mind.

My dog George has Pluto in 8th - cancer rising pooch with Pluto Capricorn in his 8th. In this case dogs apply to the concept. He sleeps with one ear up and sniffer to the world around him. Hence - he lets himself, us and everyone know - "you do not want to eff with this little bad@ss" -

Jupiter makes for a happy wagging tail and open-ness that never gets taken as being a diminutized dog or planet.

He's the Biggest Little Dog in the City!

(I title this pic - a sleeping dog never lies)

Attachments

• a sleeping dog never lies.jpg
    a sleeping dog never lies.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Marcoilrosso

Then, I would like to put this question: what you would deem (among things about Pluto 8th house placement) as most attractive for yourselves?

Kitchy

Banned
Pluto stands quietly in 8th or in aspect to planets in 8th from elswhere in chart - and watches things die and be reborn - but seldom does he die in the process - unless he's really ******* over by venus. Even jupiter doesn't sell pluto out - but jupiter likes venus and will help venus do-in pluto - through pluto's own excesses.

I thought we had this conversation in at least two other threads - a mafia personality - one who runs the show and everyone else takes the fall - except when Saturn shows up. Maybe it was someone else's threads about accountancy and mobsters and family ties and such. It's easy to get confused when you can't drive 55.

8th house is the power-house. Takes people from 7th to 1st and you better hope you got a good 8th house to get ahead of the fray. In the meantime - they gather info on everyone who can't, because they like to know who they are up against. Sammy Hagar has a Mars Pluto aspect - he's the perfect trad-modern specimen. But of course - 8th house has nothing to do with Mars or Pluto or Snakes or Eagles - or does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

Marcoilrosso

Pluto stands quietly in 8th or in aspect to planets in 8th from elswhere in chart - and watches things die and be reborn - but seldom does he die in the process - unless he's really ******* over by venus. Even jupiter doesn't sell pluto out - but jupiter likes venus and will help venus do-in pluto - through pluto's own excesses.

I thought we had this conversation in at least two other threads - a mafia personality - one who runs the show and everyone else takes the fall - except when Saturn shows up. Maybe it was someone else's threads about accountancy and mobsters and family ties and such. It's easy to get confused when you can't drive 55.

8th house is the power-house. Takes people from 7th to 1st and you better hope you got a good 8th house to get ahead of the fray. In the meantime - they gather info on everyone who can't, because they like to know who they are up against. Sammy Hagar has a Mars Pluto aspect - he's the perfect trad-modern specimen. But of course - 8th house has nothing to do with Mars or Pluto or Snakes or Eagles - or does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

We never had such conversation. This is my first time in my life I speak of Pluto with someone.

Last edited: