CHAT - anything goes thread - free discussion for everyone - all topics welcome

Cap

eb5e5d2a5b0b64b7e790f108270084f7.jpg

One who knows for certain
that this manifold and wonderful universe
is nothing
becomes desireless Awareness
and abides in the stillness of No-thing.

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Ashtavakra-Gita-ebook.pdf

Cap

Response to a Logician

by Milarepa

English version by Thupten Jinpa & Jas Elsner
Original Language Tibetan

I bow at the feet of my teacher Marpa.
And sing this song in response to you.
Listen, pay heed to what I say,
forget your critique for a while.

The best seeing is the way of "nonseeing" --
the radiance of the mind itself.
The best prize is what cannot be looked for --
the priceless treasure of the mind itself.

The most nourishing food is "noneating" --
the transcendent food of samadhi.
The most thirst-quenching drink is "nondrinking" --
the nectar of heartfelt compassion.

Oh, this self-realizing awareness
is beyond words and description!
The mind is not the world of children,
nor is it that of logicians.

Attaining the truth of "nonattainment,"
you receive the highest initiation.
Perceiving the void of high and low,
you reach the sublime stage.

Approaching the truth of "nonmovement,"
you follow the supreme path.
Knowing the end of birth and death,
the ultimate purpose is fulfilled.

Seeing the emptiness of reason,
supreme logic is perfected.
When you know that great and small are groundless,
you have entered the highest gateway.

Comprehending beyond good and evil
opens the way to perfect skill.
Experiencing the dissolution of duality,
you embrace the highest view.

Observing the truth of "nonobservation"
opens the way to meditating.
Comprehending beyond "ought" and "oughtn't"
opens the way to perfect action.

When you realize the truth of "noneffort,"
you are approaching the highest fruition.
Ignorant are those who lack this truth:
arrogant teachers inflated by learning,
scholars bewitched by mere words,
and yogis seduced by prejudice.
For though they yearn for freedom,
they find only enslavement.

http://poetry-chaikhana.com/Poets/M/Milarepa/Responsetoa/index.html

Monk

Premium Member

Hi Jup,
As you write about special days that have significance, i thought i would bring to the table another for discussion!
It is very new, we seem to have days for everything these days, but involves 12th November 2016, on that date forward it is Scottish Rite Day relating to very high ranking Freemasons, link Below:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvvPuGC2m6g
You may wonder where is the alignment is to Sirius, but i give you a puzzle to ponder, to where is the alignment?
Clues are, it isn't in America or Paris, yet always remember SCOTTISH RITE!
I have made it too easy for you.

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup,
As you write about special days that have significance,
i thought i would bring to the table another for discussion!
It is very new, we seem to have days for everything these days, but involves 12th November 2016,
on that date forward it is Scottish Rite Day relating to very high ranking Freemasons, link Below:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvvPuGC2m6g
You may wonder where is the alignment is to Sirius, but i give you a puzzle to ponder, to where is the alignment?
Clues are, it isn't in America or Paris, yet always remember

SCOTTISH RITE!
I have made it too easy for you.
Hi Monk :smile:

6a00d8341c5dea53ef017ee7766db9970d-pi

Monk

Premium Member

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Jup, thanks for the link.
The only alignment i could find on 12 November 2016, which is fairly static is as Sun set by Ancient Greek day marker, being previous day, Sirius was rising!
I had to chase this alignment around the world, but found it at location below, LOL, I will add graph later!
https://www.rosslynchapel.com/
Sorry, Jup,
I was trying to remember the alignment to Rosslyn Chapel, it was Ancient Egyptian day start, being Sun rise alignment as Sirius is setting on 12 November 2016.

qc5d011def.png

SunConjunctUranus

SunConjunctUranus

Or perhaps you switch to using special measurements for the northern hemisphere, Jupiter? if so than it is very unfortunate if you underestimate the people born at the equator because I believe that cosmos is not a racist. But by the way your thread "moon location" is still active until this moment. Lmao.

JUPITERASC

Or perhaps you switch
to using special measurements for the northern hemisphere, Jupiter?
if so than it is very unfortunate if you underestimate the people born at the equator
because I believe that cosmos is not a racist.
But by the way your thread "moon location" is still active until this moment.
Lmao.
Sun
with reference to the Equator
a useful comparison is
to consider how we determine Day/Night charts
i.e.
Sun above/below ASC/DESC axis determines
whether Night/Day aka Nocturnal/Diurnal

HOWEVER

keep in mind that
daily worldwide some births show sun ON the Ascendant/Descendant degree :smile:

similarly
equatorial line requires making a determination
whether chart is Northern or Southern hemisphere

petosiris

Banned
because I believe that cosmos is not a racist

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that there exist three distinct human races - northern hemispherean, southern hemispherean, and equatorian. The last may not have a zodiac based on the latitudinal segregation.

petosiris

Banned
I said it to Dirius and I will say it again, the non-reversal of the tropical zodiac in the Southern Hemisphere is a pure manifestation of the old European colonialism. To reverse the zodiac is the exact opposite of this racism and injustice!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that there exist three distinct human races
- northern hemispherean, southern hemispherean, and equatorian.
The last may not have a zodiac based on the latitudinal segregation.
keep in mind also the dark and bright ones :smile:
''and they are entirely humble and miserable in their fortunes when neither of the luminaries is angular, or in a masculine sign, or attended by the beneficent planets'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html

''Duality as a proxy for extroversion .— People born under bright signs (odd numbered) have been found to be more extroverted than those born under dark signs (even numbered). Across studies, this sign duality effect size is positive and homogeneous ( Mayo, et al ., 1978 ; Smithers & Cooper, 1978 ; Jackson, 1979 ; Veno & Pamment, 1979 ; Jackson & Fiebert, 1980 ; Saklofske, Kelly, & McKerracher, 1982 ; van Rooij, Brak, & Commandeur, 1988 ; Clarke, et al ., 1996 ). The mediation model in Fig. 1 posits that extroverted temperament ties variables in the self-concept factor to the positive emotions of warmth, contentment, and sociability ( Von Dras & Siegler, 1997 ; Lucas, Le, & Dyrenforth, 2008 ; Watson, Stasik, Ellickson-Larew, & Stanton, 2015 ). Extroverted temperament is driven by the cooperative affect system ( Hamilton, et al ., 2008 ). In tests of BST, indicators of self-esteem are antecedent to empathy, with empathy increasing bonding (Tafoya & Hamilton, 2010). Sociability, in turn, should facilitate fame...

Next, the effect of duality (brightness-darkness) on celebrities-per-sign was examined with a t test. As predicted in Fig. 1 , those with bright sign births (M = 26.33, SD = 10.56) were more likely to be celebrities than those with dark sign births (M = 23.67, SD = 6.44). This brightness effect was modest in size (t304.59 = 3.27, p < .001, η = 0.16). The variances for the two types of sign were significantly different (Levene’s F = 25.45, p < .001).
'' - https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.2466/17.CP.4.7

So by factoring whether the Sun is in a masculine sign (among many other things) within a natal reading, you are factoring a statistically objective phenomenon. Authors pose the question whether this and other observed sun-sign differences are due to seasonal influences (at birth, conception or pregnancy), or due to cultural factors like starting school when born with a certain month. The latter is not as exciting.