Alright, Alright, I'm Introducing Myself Now.

InkkedBree

Hey. Long time lurker. Name's Bree (obviously). I've always had a fascination with the unusual or anything different from the norm. And I've always had a curiosity to want to know everything -- seriously, if I was to be granted immortality, I'd take it in an insant to live forever so I can learn everything there is to know, languages, cultures, arts, everything.

Astrology was something my mom liked to look through herself with, only by sun signs. She never went further. I learned it first through her, and she brought a book for sun signs by the days, and it mentioned something about moon and rising signs. From there on, I wanted to know more.

Recently, I've started to look through this even more deeply. I'm very much of an amatuer, and would certainly like someone to take me under their wing if I was to be that lucky.

Here's my background, although: Italian-American, and also Deaf-American. Hard of hearing though (Deaf by culture). I'm 21, in college. Supposed to graduate for Psychology, but I changed it last year, lol. Aiming to be an English teacher. Still love Psychology, I love examing the human mind, and my Deafness in me (because of its physical language of sign, facial expression, and body movements) makes me more adept. I just find that fascinating although. Changed my majors because of specific reasons. I should be out by two years or a year and a half. My boyfriend says I'm meant to be on this Earth, to be an in-between of everything to learn, to experience, and possibly to teach and help out whoever students that needs it. I know, exaggerated confidence but I do like that support and faith. But he does have some moments of knowing when things will happen. Not that I'm referencing that to my teaching goal, I just find humor in everything. I read and write, of course.

Okay, I said enough. I doubt a lot would read a chock full of those, but hopefully I'd get to talk to some of you! Would be cool to befriend others fascinated in this and want to learn more as well, or maybe you already learned it (but there's always more to learn I think. Universe keeps expanding).

Oh. I'm a Scorpio, btw. Sag. moon sign and Virgo rising sign. Lol.

Last edited:

InkkedBree

Well, hello!

I don't know, but I do understand my boyfriend's point of view. I'm the type, when approached with an issue or from a person with that's from a different walk of life (like my boyfriend, lol), I will question to understand it, and I'd just understand it. But I think it'd be nice to have that sense of purpose, illusion or not, with whatever I've been through. There was a psychic, actually. He told me the story. Some well-known psychic back in his day that looked at him and told him "You're not special." He also said that they're not supposed to be like that because it'd be like destroying another human being of their faith or something. I kind of agree, I wonder why. Though sometimes I wonder if that psychic is jealous and sees something in him because I do see greatness in him. :] He is also Native American if that also gives something. Lol. Who knows!

So, who are you? :] And question. I've been wondering of the tool one can use to measure degrees or something in the natal chart? That's the most vital part for me that I'm missing to go on. I'm so not a math person.

Arian Maverick

But I think it'd be nice to have that sense of purpose, illusion or not, with whatever I've been through.

There are theories about how astrology "works" which suggest that each of us chooses the moment we incarnate--the moment in space and time that best will help us develop ourselves spiritually. Perhaps this explanation is a bit fanciful, but again, it is appealing for the reason you described.

And question. I've been wondering of the tool one can use to measure degrees or something in the natal chart? That's the most vital part for me that I'm missing to go on. I'm so not a math person.

Have you created a natal chart using Astrodienst? You just enter your date, time, and location of birth, and the program calculates the degrees of your natal planets and the signs in which they are located.

Arian Maverick

InkkedBree

There are theories about how astrology "works" which suggest that each of us chooses the moment we incarnate--the moment in space and time that best will help us develop ourselves spiritually. Perhaps this explanation is a bit fanciful, but again, it is appealing for the reason you described.

Have you created a natal chart using Astrodienst? You just enter your date, time, and location of birth, and the program calculates the degrees of your natal planets and the signs in which they are located.

Actually, yes I have. But I just wanted to just know more about it to be able to read off a chart fluently. I'm not sure where to begin. I definitely want to make this a hobby of mine. After my finals are done (next week is my finals), I'm going try to memorize houses, signs, and things like that, but I don't know how I can just read charts, you know? I'm a bit unsure.

And yeah, apparently, I've noted a lot in my chart pointing to being a teacher. Psychology interest there, but my midheaven is in Gemini, and there are other stuff pointing to "maybe you should be a teacher" idea. My node is in aquarius, and I think that means I need to be out there, share ideas, be a teacher or something. Honestly, there's even a yod (if it is a yod) if I check all lines to all aspects. I'm not sure if this is right, but if it is, it seems an unbalance with my confidence and it's pointing to midheaven. Maybe I am supposed to, so I can meet a kid or two, help them out with their perspective, and it'd be a domino effect like what my boyfriend said. That'd be nice.

wilsontc

Staff member
how to begin, to Bree

Bree,

You said:
...I'm going try to memorize houses, signs, and things like that, but I don't know how I can just read charts, you know? I'm a bit unsure.

Basic western, modern astrology is easy to learn...if you focus on the "big picture". It's very easy to get lost in all the details, but if you focus on the "big picture" you can understand it all very simply. Focusing on the "big picture" you can learn all you need to know about modern astrology in six steps:
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/#continues

Astro-basically,

Tim

InkkedBree

Tim,

Thank you for the link. It's certainly helpful. A lot of information for me to use, lol, and a good start. I think most of my confusion is knowing how to separate squares from oppositions and trines from sextiles, and how do I know if it's not a conjunction when it could be it?