Small feet

gimzo23

I've been wondering what in my chart could be responsible for my very small feet (I'm a male). Not only are they too small, but they also look rather child-like and tender, lol. Not very man-like, so to say, and as if they stopped growing too early. I've always had a problem with it. I've always felt kind of ashamed walking barefoot in the public because of it, and I still never do actually. I always where sneakers and other shoes even during hot days in the summer.

Now, I've read Neptune rules the feet, and the ascendant is how we look, among other things. But my Neptune isn't on my ascendant or in my 1st house. I'm not a Pisces sun, either. My Neptune does make a pretty close trine to the ascendant, but I've heard only planets conjunct the ascendant or in the first house can have an influence on how we look and other aspects like trines or sextiles don't. So, there must be another factor in my chart that has to be responsible for it, I guess. Maybe Saturn on my ascendant? Can Saturn make small feet, too? Saturn generally makes people rather small, doesn't it? My 1st house Mercury would probably make rather large feet, I guess? So this one rules out here I suppose. So there is only Saturn or my Sun as my ascendant ruler left as far as I can see it.

If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears, as I would really like to know what I can blame this for in my chart. :(

Last edited:

freedomlover

I'm not hunting down your threads, Gimzo23, really I'm not! I just post on whichever threads I get "drawn" to - and I keep getting "drawn" to yours for some reason.

I'm gonna come "out of left field" with this one. It's gonna sound like I'm not talking about your feet. But stay with me, it's going somewhere.;)

When I look at your chart, I'm drawn to the large quantity of Gemini/3rd house placements. Gemini carries with it the energy of sibling rivalry and competition - goes back to Cain and Abel. It also deals with the "two sides of oneself" - what we present to the public and the side we keep to ourselves. Often the side we present to the public is that of our physical body - and wanting it noticed. In other words, the societal preoccupation with physical beauty or lack therof.

The two houses associated with Pisces (natural ruler of the feet)in your chart are the 12th, which is naturally ruled by Pisces - and the duplicated 8th and 9th, which has Pisces on the cusp. The 12th is ruled by Moon in Libra (Libra-Venus-outer beauty) in the 3rd (Gemini again!) conjunct the North Node. Jupiter, ruler of the duplicated 8th (8th and 9th cusps) is in Gemini(again) in the 11th house of equality. The two rulers are trine.

What does this have to do with your feet? I believe your chart is saying that the size of your feet is a karmic lesson. You chose a body that would have have odd-sized feet to help you learn a lesson about physical beauty and self-worth - that it doesn't matter what you look like on the outside ( as long as the body is healthy - that matters) -it's what you are on the inside - and how you treat others that really matters.

Further supporting this, we have Jupiter, which rules the 8th -other people's values and 9th -belief systems (often carried over from past lives) 9th is also other people's assumptions, beliefs about you - in other words what other people communicate to you, what you have been "taught"(9th house) by others to believe. Mars, ruler of intercepted 10th is in the 10th - in Gemini ( again). This further reinforces the themes addressed in the beginning of this post. Mars in Gemini in the 10th also urges you to not see fellow males as competition, but to treat them as brothers and equals. (and don't let them treat you that way, either- or don't let it affect you if they do.)

Venus, which rules the interception in the 10th - is in Gemini, as well, - in the 11th. 11th is the house of equality - everyone is the same - a unique individual. Virgo rules the duplicated 2nd, which is naturally associated with talents and beauty ( being ruled by Taurus naturally) Virgo is noted for its humility and not wanting to be noticed. It's modern ruler is Chiron. Chiron is in Taurus ( again, ruled by Venus and associated with physical beauty) in the intercepted 10th. This would point to a wound concerning physical beauty - in the house of public recognition.

Mercury is the other ruler of Virgo, and is in the 1st, in Leo (right there in the spotlight) conjunct Saturn ( karmic lessons) in Leo. (about being in the spotlight). Your Asc is Leo, (spotlight), but the ruler is in the 12th ( Virgo/Pisces polarity - shuns the spotlight). Sign on cusp of 7th is Aquarius - again uniqueness, yet all the same.

Your chart is screaming that the karmic lesson this lifetime is to not be concerned about what others think of the way you look - shun competition, seek fairness and the highest good for all - and a big lesson in humility. It is a lesson to concentrate on valuing wisdom and understanding ( higher vibration of Gemini) over your "not-self" ( lower vibration of Gemini. Not-self is anything which is not "you" - so that includes your body, which is only your "house") It is a lifetime to put to use your considerable talents, which are also evident in your chart, for the good of mankind. This is a lifetime to concentrate on being "uniquely you", but yet not focused on self - but on the highest good of all - a lifetime of mastery. Lucky you!:)

Hope that helps,

FL

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
The Lord of the Ascendant is the Sun. The Sun is found in the 12th house. This being the house of self undoing and the Sun being our self/ego. The 12th is the house representing the feet. ( I have noticed 12th house Sun's... mine included,often have feet that high arch and the toes curl, like fairy toes) The Lord of the Ascendant gives us some clues to physical features .... and boom, right there in the 12th...
The Sun is also in a square to the MC... The MC is our public self and it is at odds with the physical self (Sun lord of Asc) So, it appears that you are probably more concerned about what others think, than in reality they do.

TK

RayAustin

Lol, what you said about the feet Theresa, is very true. My sun is 12th house .. and my feet have very high arcs. I guess my toes are curly? Lol. Though that sounds a bit disgusting ..:D

Ray

I have Saturn on the Asc and as a female I don't have small feet, I am tall in height. I don't think it is Saturn affecting you that way. Although I am very self conscious about the way I look, so sometimes a flaw I can criticize constantly and feel depressed about. You have Mercury Conjunct Saturn on the Asc this critical nature can affect your self confidence overall. Mercury/Saturn could be a factor as is it placed in first. I feel that I hide myself a lot, and cover up in the summer. I feel self conscious being taller as a female, I won't always wear high heels as I feel I am tall enough. I guess you feel the same insecurities but for different reasons.

I have a chart of someone with really big feet size 17 if I remember. An Olympic swimmer: Maybe you can see unusual size from this chart, and compare any factors to your own, but it is difficult to see in the natal chart.

ian.gif

By Astrology Club

Ian Thorpe, is an example of someone whose singleton planet defines his “name and fame.” He has a “lucky” chart to begin with. All the planets are contained within a trine from Moon to Neptune, and all are above the horizon. Jupiter in Scorpio is the only Water sign planet, and it is in the 10th house. All three things, planetary energy, sign, house, are very evident in Ian’s life. He spends a lot of time doing his career in the water, literally. His nicknames (Jupiter and Sagittarius love nicknames) are “Thorpedo” (Scorpio) and “Flipper” (Jupiter-humor). He has huge feet, size 17! Jupiter disposes of Neptune in the 12th house. Pisces, Neptune and the 12th are associated with feet. The black full bodysuit he prefers to wear is called a “frogsuit” (water, Scorpio) and “Mr. Condom” (Scorpio).

Last edited:

gimzo23

freedomlover said:
I'm not hunting down your threads, Gimzo23, really I'm not! I just post on whichever threads I get "drawn" to - and I keep getting "drawn" to yours for some reason.

I didn't think you do, lol. Your posts in my threads are always very helpful and interesting to read. So I'm glad to see and read your posts in the threads I started.

I'm gonna come "out of left field" with this one. It's gonna sound like I'm not talking about your feet. But stay with me, it's going somewhere.;)

When I look at your chart, I'm drawn to the large quantity of Gemini/3rd house placements. Gemini carries with it the energy of sibling rivalry and competition - goes back to Cain and Abel. It also deals with the "two sides of oneself" - what we present to the public and the side we keep to ourselves. Often the side we present to the public is that of our physical body - and wanting it noticed. In other words, the societal preoccupation with physical beauty or lack therof.

The two houses associated with Pisces (natural ruler of the feet)in your chart are the 12th, which is naturally ruled by Pisces - and the duplicated 8th and 9th, which has Pisces on the cusp. The 12th is ruled by Moon in Libra (Libra-Venus-outer beauty) in the 3rd (Gemini again!) conjunct the North Node. Jupiter, ruler of the duplicated 8th (8th and 9th cusps) is in Gemini(again) in the 11th house of equality. The two rulers are trine.

What does this have to do with your feet? I believe your chart is saying that the size of your feet is a karmic lesson. You chose a body that would have have odd-sized feet to help you learn a lesson about physical beauty and self-worth - that it doesn't matter what you look like on the outside ( as long as the body is healthy - that matters) -it's what you are on the inside - and how you treat others that really matters.

Further supporting this, we have Jupiter, which rules the 8th -other people's values and 9th -belief systems (often carried over from past lives) 9th is also other people's assumptions, beliefs about you - in other words what other people communicate to you, what you have been "taught"(9th house) by others to believe. Mars, ruler of intercepted 10th is in the 10th - in Gemini ( again). This further reinforces the themes addressed in the beginning of this post. Mars in Gemini in the 10th also urges you to not see fellow males as competition, but to treat them as brothers and equals. (and don't let them treat you that way, either- or don't let it affect you if they do.)

Venus, which rules the interception in the 10th - is in Gemini, as well, - in the 11th. 11th is the house of equality - everyone is the same - a unique individual. Virgo rules the duplicated 2nd, which is naturally associated with talents and beauty ( being ruled by Taurus naturally) Virgo is noted for its humility and not wanting to be noticed. It's modern ruler is Chiron. Chiron is in Taurus ( again, ruled by Venus and associated with physical beauty) in the intercepted 10th. This would point to a wound concerning physical beauty - in the house of public recognition.

Mercury is the other ruler of Virgo, and is in the 1st, in Leo (right there in the spotlight) conjunct Saturn ( karmic lessons) in Leo. (about being in the spotlight). Your Asc is Leo, (spotlight), but the ruler is in the 12th ( Virgo/Pisces polarity - shuns the spotlight). Sign on cusp of 7th is Aquarius - again uniqueness, yet all the same.

Your chart is screaming that the karmic lesson this lifetime is to not be concerned about what others think of the way you look - shun competition, seek fairness and the highest good for all - and a big lesson in humility. It is a lesson to concentrate on valuing wisdom and understanding ( higher vibration of Gemini) over your "not-self" ( lower vibration of Gemini. Not-self is anything which is not "you" - so that includes your body, which is only your "house") It is a lifetime to put to use your considerable talents, which are also evident in your chart, for the good of mankind. This is a lifetime to concentrate on being "uniquely you", but yet not focused on self - but on the highest good of all - a lifetime of mastery. Lucky you!:)

Hope that helps,

FL

That is some unbelievable stuff there, freedomlover. I'm truly amazed at what you came up with in all of these interpretations there. If there is such a thing as a karmic lesson, I think you are probably exactly right, though, as I've always had big issues in my life with self worth and self esteem, and, especially in my youth, used to have big problems and issues with parts of my looks and have been extremely concerned about how or that others might see me or watch me. I developped some real psychological issues in my youth about this. It's gotten better as I've grown older now, though. So, that's a start in the right direction of one of my karmic lessions, I guess, if this truly exists.
Thanks for taking the time to analyze my chart in this length. I will probably have to read it through a couple more times to get and see all these astrological connections you made there.

Last edited:

gimzo23

wintersprite1 said:
The Lord of the Ascendant is the Sun. The Sun is found in the 12th house. This being the house of self undoing and the Sun being our self/ego. The 12th is the house representing the feet. ( I have noticed 12th house Sun's... mine included,often have feet that high arch and the toes curl, like fairy toes) The Lord of the Ascendant gives us some clues to physical features .... and boom, right there in the 12th...
The Sun is also in a square to the MC... The MC is our public self and it is at odds with the physical self (Sun lord of Asc) So, it appears that you are probably more concerned about what others think, than in reality they do.

TK

That's interesting with the Sun square to the MC. But you are absolutely right. This used to be a very big issue for me. And with a few things it still is today. I didn't know that the 12th house itself could represent the feet as well. So, my Sun as ascendant ruler there might indeed have something to do with it then, I guess.

gimzo23

Shining Ray said:
I have Saturn on the Asc and as a female I don't have small feet, I am tall in height. I don't think it is Saturn affecting you that way. Although I am very self conscious about the way I look, so sometimes a flaw I can criticize constantly and feel depressed about. You have Mercury Conjunct Saturn on the Asc this critical nature can affect your self confidence overall. Mercury/Saturn could be a factor as is it placed in first. I feel that I hide myself a lot, and cover up in the summer. I feel self conscious being taller as a female, I won't always wear high heels as I feel I am tall enough. I guess you feel the same insecurities but for different reasons.

I have a chart of someone with really big feet size 17 if I remember. An Olympic swimmer: Maybe you can see unusual size from this chart, and compare any factors to your own, but it is difficult to see in the natal chart.

ian.gif

By Astrology Club

Ian Thorpe, is an example of someone whose singleton planet defines his “name and fame.” He has a “lucky” chart to begin with. All the planets are contained within a trine from Moon to Neptune, and all are above the horizon. Jupiter in Scorpio is the only Water sign planet, and it is in the 10th house. All three things, planetary energy, sign, house, are very evident in Ian’s life. He spends a lot of time doing his career in the water, literally. His nicknames (Jupiter and Sagittarius love nicknames) are “Thorpedo” (Scorpio) and “Flipper” (Jupiter-humor). He has huge feet, size 17! Jupiter disposes of Neptune in the 12th house. Pisces, Neptune and the 12th are associated with feet. The black full bodysuit he prefers to wear is called a “frogsuit” (water, Scorpio) and “Mr. Condom” (Scorpio).

I'll put the Saturn aside then, I guess. I think my Saturn/Mercury conjunction on Ascendant indeed can affect my self confidence and cause insecurities and sometimes a little pessimistic "glass half empty" thinking. Thanks for Ian Thorpe's chart. I've heard about his rather large feet before (I'm not obsessed with feet, lol). But it seems like the 12th house seems to indeed be able to have an influence on the feet as well then. Interesting. But it probably depends on what is in it and its aspects I suppose.

gimzo23

Or maybe having my Ascendant on a Pisces degree (according to Mr. Stojanovic's theory on the degrees), that this could have an influence, too? I don't remember having read anything on his theory on his site about influencing appearance though. But I haven't read through all of his articles either. Maybe it would be an interesting study to search and find as many people as possible with their ascendant on 12th or 24th degree and ask them about their feet.... :D

Kerrie

gimzo23 said:
Maybe it would be an interesting study to search and find as many people as possible with their ascendant on 12th or 24th degree and ask them about their feet.... :D
I have my Asc at 24'02 Aries, what did you want me to ask me about my feet, lol. I think they look normal, they are a bit dry at the moment, hehehe wheres that cream! I have a heavy Neptune influence in my chart too. I luvvvv feet, well my feet in particular, hahaha :D .

gimzo23

Kerrie said:
I have my Asc at 24'02 Aries, what did you want me to ask me about my feet, lol. I think they look normal, they are a bit dry at the moment, hehehe wheres that cream! I have a heavy Neptune influence in my chart too. I luvvvv feet, well my feet in particular, hahaha :D .

Nothing wrong with a little auto-podological fetish, lol. Maybe I should try joining a group like that to learn to like and deal with mine a little better. ;)

Kerrie

gimzo23 said:
Nothing wrong with a little auto-podological fetish, lol. Maybe I should try joining a group like that to learn to like and deal with mine a little better. ;)
Maybe you should turn this around for you. Why dont you learn reflexology? Put your energy into thinking about your feet into something that makes you feel good about yourself.

freedomlover

That is some unbelievable stuff there, freedomlover. I'm truly amazed at what you came up with in all of these interpretations there. If there is such a thing as a karmic lesson, I think you are probably exactly right, though, as I've always had big issues in my life with self worth and self esteem, and, especially in my youth, used to have big problems and issues with parts of my looks and have been extremely concerned about how or that others might see me or watch me. I developped some real psychological issues in my youth about this. It's gotten better as I've grown older now, though. So, that's a start in the right direction of one of my karmic lessions, I guess, if this truly exists.
Thanks for taking the time to analyze my chart in this length. I will probably have to read it through a couple more times to get and see all these astrological connections you made there.

Gimzo23,

If the term "karmic lesson" doesn't sit right with you, maybe try using the term "spiritual lesson" - something you intended to learn from and grow spiritually through in this lifetime.

I hope the reading wasn't too confusing for you. I didn't know at what stage you were in your astrological studies, and since it was an odd way of tying in with your feet....I was trying to show you step-by-step through the astrology chart how I arrived at that. Sometimes it's hard to explain to someone else the way I put things together.:eek:

FL

gimzo23 said:
I'll put the Saturn aside then, I guess. I think my Saturn/Mercury conjunction on Ascendant indeed can affect my self confidence and cause insecurities and sometimes a little pessimistic "glass half empty" thinking. Thanks for Ian Thorpe's chart. I've heard about his rather large feet before (I'm not obsessed with feet, lol). But it seems like the 12th house seems to indeed be able to have an influence on the feet as well then. Interesting. But it probably depends on what is in it and its aspects I suppose.

I am not saying you are obsessed with feet lol. Here are some beautiful feet. A little pedicure and some foot cream, may be needed here :p . We all have flaws is all I am trying to say. :)

uglyfeet.jpg

I think a lot of it is due to self criticism. Mercury/Saturn placed in the first house, the house of our physical body, how we are in the world. Any planets which fall in the 1st house will focus on the self, I am not saying in a vain way, but because of the nature of the planets in the 1st, especially Saturn you seem to be self critical. We all have body parts we are not happy with. I could give a long list of mine, but I think you need to ease up on yourself. Sometimes there are things we cannot change, focus on making the best of some of your other attributes.

gimzo23

freedomlover said:
Gimzo23,

If the term "karmic lesson" doesn't sit right with you, maybe try using the term "spiritual lesson" - something you intended to learn from and grow spiritually through in this lifetime.

"Spiritual lesson", yeah I think I like that.

I hope the reading wasn't too confusing for you. I didn't know at what stage you were in your astrological studies, and since it was an odd way of tying in with your feet....I was trying to show you step-by-step through the astrology chart how I arrived at that. Sometimes it's hard to explain to someone else the way I put things together.:eek:

FL

Yeah, I'm at a pretty basic level astrologically. And I don't think it will get much furthur than that, actually, as I lack some necessary traits to really get it in the whole. It's always amazing for me to see posts like the one of yours with all of these connections of aspects and stuff in a chart and to see how one can not get lost and be able to put it all together and still make sense in the end.

gimzo23

Shining Ray said:
I am not saying you are obsessed with feet lol. Here are some beautiful feet. A little pedicure and some foot cream, may be needed here :p . We all have flaws is all I am trying to say. :)

uglyfeet.jpg

I think a lot of it is due to self criticism. Mercury/Saturn placed in the first house, the house of our physical body, how we are in the world. Any planets which fall in the 1st house will focus on the self, I am not saying in a vain way, but because of the nature of the planets in the 1st, especially Saturn you seem to be self critical. We all have body parts we are not happy with. I could give a long list of mine, but I think you need to ease up on yourself. Sometimes there are things we cannot change, focus on making the best of some of your other attributes.

Holy .... that's some heavy stuff with that picture there :eek:
You make a good point there, Shining Ray, and are definitely right with the Saturn. I think it's a long process with that planet. I've gotten a little better with it over the years though, and I've learned to see and acknowledge some of the good things it brings, too. So, I'm at least going in the right direction, I guess.

gimzo23

Olivia said:
Now that pic would cure me of foot-fetishes for good! Usually I look in Ibn Ezra for what he refers to as the 'ailment of Saturn' in whatever part of whatever sign and house it falls - it's uncannily accurate in many ways, even picking up things like Turner's syndrome in kids. The ailment of Saturn usually is a birth defect or something that happens early in life to scar you. But probably nobody bound your feet, so it's not that!

I've looked and looked and cannot find anything concerning your feet in that regard. I've a weirdness that way, too. Tiny tiny mouth. Lost most of my teeth in one of my moon-conjunct-Algol related accidents (Algol conjunct a personal planet is often indicative of losing teeth, usually through an accident) and had to have a denture made. The dentist tried using the grown-up size plate to measure my mouth. It wouldn't fit. Then he tried the pediatric plate they use for kids who are 6 or 7 years of age and lost their teeth in accidents. Still way too big for my mouth. So I got to gag and vomit all over both of us and it took about five visits before he was able to design a new plate small enough to fit in my mouth, and even now the denture feels way too big. Can't find the astrological indicator for that one, either.

I'm sure they exist, as they do for so many physiological oddities - I just haven't been able to find them yet. But this has intrigued me enough to keep looking.

That's interesting, Olivia. Never heard of Algol before. That made me wonder, what planet or sign would rule the mouth for that matter? Maybe Mercury as the planet of communication? Or maybe Venus or the Moon with relating to taking in food, as Taurus and Cancer are mainly related to nourishment, aren't they?

With me, maybe the strong lack of earth in my chart could have something to do with it as well, I don't know. This just came to my mind, as the feet stand for "standing with both feet on the ground" etc., and the feet as the connection point of our body to the earth. And with small feet maybe it symbolizes and physically reveals little contact or groundedness to the earth or something along those lines. As a young child when drawing figures, they always had no feet....so, maybe there's something to it? But maybe some things are just purely genetical as well, and are out of astrological influence, I don't know.

Last edited:

gimzo23

I think I've found the answer to my feet, lol. The sign of the ascendant degree (in Mr. Stojanovic's theory on the degrees), does seem to have an influence on one's physical appearance/traits as well. That's what I've found in the post from "Amphitrite" in the thread on the degree theory. With mine on a Pisces degree, it looks like this could be the influence there on my feet I guess.

I was browsing the internet a little and found something interesting as well, though. According to the following site, it looks like Neptune can indeed have an influence on one's physical appearance without conjuncting the ascendant. This is from the site:

Neptune may also be the only planet whose trines and sextiles to the ascendant are effective in producing appearance changes.

So, my close Neptune Ascendant trine may indeed have a little influence there as well. It would also explain my eyes/look I especially have on some old photos as a child. That's quite interesting, as I never gave much thoughts of analyzing my own physical traits from an astrological point of view, apart from my feet maybe, which I've been wondering about for a while now.

This is the site if anyone's interested. It's about physical appearances with planets, aspects and decanates etc., I found it quite interesting.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/1601/physical.html