Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

AtomsInPlace

Hey guys,

Does my natal chart point to me being a (subsconsciously) selfish/self absorbed person? Or am I being asked to develop my sense of identity?

7 planets are in the lower hemisphere (inner/introvert)

8 planets are on the left side (self)

Sun conunct NN and mercury in 1st house (self, being)

Moon in Aries (Me first)

Saturn in 12th (Love of solitude)

I realize that Saturn (especially in 12th ) can have this effect of generating a constant sense of nebulous guilt.

I feel guilty when trying to meet my own needs. I also have somewhat crippling empathy which sometimes also makes it difficult to figure out whether what I'm feeling is my own or coming from others.

Does anyone have ant input? An alternative view of all this "me" stuff in the natal? A way that I can use it to be of service to others?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any input you might have.

See my chart below.

Attachments

• My Chart.gif
    My Chart.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

sibylline

Your chart is a bit self-focused but not entirely. Yes, the Moon is in Aries, which can be self-centered and selfish at worst. At the same time it is singleton and in the 8th house which makes you more sensitive and receptive, and more sensitive to others in particular. We're all being asked to develop our sense of identity, what's different is how and in which direction/s. Your chart is yours and nothing to feel guilty about. With Sun/Node/ASC/Merc in Virgo in 1st, your identity could revolve around finding an authentic, unique way of being helpful or of service to others.

StillOne

I think the fact that you're here asking about being self-centered is a huge sign that you are not completely self centered. I think someone who is completely self absorbed couldn't care about knowing if they are.

You do have quite a bit of the water element in your scope; two planets in scorpio, neptune in a water house, the moon in a water house, and saturn in a water house. The moon, although in aries, in the 8th house will add substantial depth and sensitivity to your character. Mercury square Neptune will certainly make your thinking more sensitive and questioning... watery, if you will.

I think if you were completely self absorbed you wouldn't be on this forum questioning it. I think it's a great sign that you are here pondering the possibilities and that should give you some comfort.

Best wishes! :sideways:

dr. farr

In my opinion the chart does not indicate a self-centered or "big ego" person-you want to see a chart which epitomizes self-centered and ego-centric qualities, look at the Donald Trump natal...

AtomsInPlace

Your chart is a bit self-focused but not entirely. Yes, the Moon is in Aries, which can be self-centered and selfish at worst. At the same time it is singleton and in the 8th house which makes you more sensitive and receptive, and more sensitive to others in particular. We're all being asked to develop our sense of identity, what's different is how and in which direction/s. Your chart is yours and nothing to feel guilty about. With Sun/Node/ASC/Merc in Virgo in 1st, your identity could revolve around finding an authentic, unique way of being helpful or of service to others.

Thank you for your input Sibylline :smile:

Yeah I can definately feel the 8th house influence on my moon with regards to picking up on peoples feelings etc...I also have a very effective built in lie detector hehe, though with Mercury squaring Neptune I can second guess myself alot and give people waay too much benefit of the doubt.

Would you explain to me the significance of the moon being a singleton?

AtomsInPlace

I think the fact that you're here asking about being self-centered is a huge sign that you are not completely self centered. I think someone who is completely self absorbed couldn't care about knowing if they are.

You do have quite a bit of the water element in your scope; two planets in scorpio, neptune in a water house, the moon in a water house, and saturn in a water house. The moon, although in aries, in the 8th house will add substantial depth and sensitivity to your character. Mercury square Neptune will certainly make your thinking more sensitive and questioning... watery, if you will.

I think if you were completely self absorbed you wouldn't be on this forum questioning it. I think it's a great sign that you are here pondering the possibilities and that should give you some comfort.

Best wishes! :sideways:

Hi StillOne :smile:

Thank you for that perspective...Touché, you have a point...What you wrote does indeed offer me some comfort, so thank you very much :love:

Best wishes to you too :sideways:

AtomsInPlace

In my opinion the chart does not indicate a self-centered or "big ego" person-you want to see a chart which epitomizes self-centered and ego-centric qualities, look at the Donald Trump natal...

Haha :lol: thank you Dr Farr, I will definately check out his chart...Would you point me in the right direction? With a link etc?

Be well and thank you :smile:

JUPITERASC

Hey guys,

Does my natal chart point to me being a (subsconsciously) selfish/self absorbed person?
Or am I being asked to develop my sense of identity?

7 planets are in the lower hemisphere (inner/introvert)

8 planets are on the left side (self)

Sun conunct NN and mercury in 1st house (self, being)

Moon in Aries (Me first)

Saturn in 12th (Love of solitude)

I realize that Saturn (especially in 12th )

can have this effect of generating a constant sense of nebulous guilt.

I feel guilty when trying to meet my own needs.
I also have somewhat crippling empathy
which sometimes also makes it difficult to figure out
whether what I'm feeling is my own or coming from others.

Does anyone have ant input?
An alternative view
of all this "me" stuff in the natal?
an alternative input :smile:

the house location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen

easily verify at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use
are amongst available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare to natal chart viewed using the Placidus option

Notice that with WHOLE SIGN HOUSES your natal Saturn

shifts from 12th to 1st House :smile:

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
and
aplanet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus, but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant....'

In Whole Sign House system

ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the others follow.
ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can then fall anywhere in the first house
and MIDHEAVEN POINT anywhere in the upper half of the chart.
The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks

and the Hindus (who still use it today).
It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence
and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue

over the last 1300 years or so

previous discussion on this topice elsewhere on our forum

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

JUPITERASC

A way that I can use it to be of service to others?

Thank you for taking the time to read this
and for any input you might have.

See my chart below.
For "service to others" check out natal 6th house :smile:
6th is literally work related to service delivering
rather than Career, which is 10th

HOWEVER

Main Rulerships of 6th House = Illness and disease
All matters relating to the health industry and those who work in it: dentists, doctors, nurses.
Employees, tenants and servants.
Goldstein-Jacobson mentions those who live on the native's property
such as caretakers, au-pairs, lodgers, etc.
Also domestic issues gernerally
this house has some relevance to domestic appliances
that are purchased to ease day to day chores and laborious tasks.
Pets, small animals and lesser cattle
Sorrow.
Generally this is regarded as a house of weakness and affliction.
As a cadent house it represents alien or unhelpful conditions
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h6.html

AtomsInPlace

an alternative input :smile:

the house location of a natal planet can change
dependent on the house system chosen

easily verify at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use
are amongst available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then compare to natal chart viewed using the Placidus option

Notice that with WHOLE SIGN HOUSES your natal Saturn

shifts from 12th to 1st House :smile:

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
and
aplanet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus, but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant....'

In Whole Sign House system

ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the others follow.
ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can then fall anywhere in the first house
and MIDHEAVEN POINT anywhere in the upper half of the chart.
The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks

and the Hindus (who still use it today).
It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence
and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue

over the last 1300 years or so

previous discussion on this topice elsewhere on our forum

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

HA! That's really interesting

I just found this on Darkpixies site:

"Natal Saturn in the 1st House
With your natal Saturn in your 1st house, you tend to be a pretty responsible person. You have an inherent knowledge of right and wrong, and you try to behave accordingly. Other people in your life may require a lot from you, and this forces you to be responsible from a young age, as well as puts into your head that other people have to come before you, which can lead to guilt or anxiety when you try to focus on yourself. You have to force yourself to push that aside and focus on you if you don’t want to suffer. You can also be way too hard on yourself at times. Asserting yourself can be difficult, and it’s better for you to take your time and let others go first. If you’re not a Capricorn rising, you can appear like one with this placement; if you are, you really play up Capricorn tendencies in public."

I can definately relate to this, in my original post I wrote that I feel guilty when trying to meet my own needs...And in another post I mentioned that I feel responsible for everyone LOL...Yet I also relate very much to Saturn in the 12th...

I mean, Saturn is conjunct my ASC but it's a very wide conjunction...Could this explain why it seems to be influencing both houses then?

PS thank you for the links...More perusing, yay :lol:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

HA! That's really interesting

I just found this on Darkpixies site:

"Natal Saturn in the 1st House
With your natal Saturn in your 1st house, you tend to be a pretty responsible person. You have an inherent knowledge of right and wrong, and you try to behave accordingly. Other people in your life may require a lot from you, and this forces you to be responsible from a young age, as well as puts into your head that other people have to come before you, which can lead to guilt or anxiety when you try to focus on yourself. You have to force yourself to push that aside and focus on you if you don’t want to suffer. You can also be way too hard on yourself at times. Asserting yourself can be difficult, and it’s better for you to take your time and let others go first. If you’re not a Capricorn rising, you can appear like one with this placement; if you are, you really play up Capricorn tendencies in public."

I can definately relate to this,
in my original post I wrote that I feel guilty when trying to meet my own needs...
And in another post I mentioned that I feel responsible for everyone LOL...
Yet I also relate very much to Saturn in the 12th...

I mean, Saturn is conjunct my ASC
but it's a very wide conjunction.
..Could this explain why it seems to be influencing both houses then?

PS thank you for the links...More perusing, yay :lol:
Saturn may not be as wide a conjunction as assumed
simply because at the time of birth
the medical team are focused on health and safety of mother and newborn
not on their watches
only after delivery
and even then only after newborn has been medically attended to as necessary
also washed, weighed, id'd
all of which takes time
and members of our forum working in hospitals
have stated that times of birth as well as times of death are often noted many hours after the event
it literally depends on the particular protocol of different hospital management
and so
it is likely that your birth occurred at least fifteen minutes BEFORE
the official time of birth
as well as that
mistakes related to human error
such as clocks being fast or slow or not working at all
may cause incorrect times of birth
and the ascendant is determined by the time of birth
:smile:

JUPITERASC

I use BOTH whole signs AND Alcabitius

tsmall uses BOTH whole signs AND Placidus

some use whole sign AND Regiomontanus
there are multiple house systems
its a matter of personal choice

tsmalls comment at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=94683 explains the rationale :smile:

I use both whole signs and Placidus.
The original idea of quadrant based house systems
was to determine angularity
and never to replace the concept of topics.
So I count signs for topics
and use a house system overlaid onto it.
Because, as I mentioned above
capability
and
angularity/ability to act
are two different things.
by the way
on that same thread
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94683
there is some discussion regarding 12th house/1st house
that is likely to be of interest to you
That is going to depend on what you mean by "more 12 house."

Best example I can give is my own chart.

I have a 12th house Sun at 2* Libra
with the ASC at 14* Libra.
Make no mistake, it's a 12th house Sun
but that it can actually "see" the ASC means that
...well, the nature of the Sun is to select
and wanting to be in the 1st because you can see it taste it, almost touch it
yet stuck behind the glass in the 12th
speaks differently than a Virgo Sun with Libra rising.
So if a planet in the 12th is described as being "behind the scenes,"
but a planet is in the 12th but the same sign as the ascendant
its more like stuck behind the scenes
when you really want to be center stage.

AtomsInPlace

I use BOTH whole signs AND Alcabitius

tsmall uses BOTH whole signs AND Placidus

some use whole sign AND Regiomontanus
there are multiple house systems
its a matter of personal choice

tsmalls comment at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=94683 explains the rationale :smile:

by the way
on that same thread
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94683
there is some discussion regarding 12th house/1st house
that is likely to be of interest to you

"So if a planet in the 12th is described as being "behind the scenes,"
but a planet is in the 12th but the same sign as the ascendant
its more like stuck behind the scenes
when you really want to be center stage."

Wow this reminds me of a reoccurring dream I had as a child :surprised:

I really appreciate all of your input JUPITERASC, I'm learning so much :w00t:

Thank you

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi AtomsInPlace,

good questions. I have a somewhat similar chart but with no planets at all on the right side. Though I'll go with what I know to give you some ideas.

You have both the Sun and the Ascendant in Virgo which is a service-oriented sign and one which feels happiest staying busy with improving things in their immediate vicinity - including toward cleaning things up so it makes the lives of others around you easier. Virgo is a rational sign and places importance on thinking things through so you have a solid mental mental of whatever you are working on along with a good plan to get it done well and efficiently. However, you also have the Sun in the 1st house and it's conjunct your North Node. A 1st house Sun is concerned with the subjective awareness of yourself and the impact you make on others and your surroundings and the effect you can have through your entire being. It is not really a placement that's concerned with thought so much as wanting to understand yourself in relation to your environment - as the 1st house naturally opposes the 7th. So with this combination you are tempted to think about what is happening but it is also asking you to feel things out, act on hunches, and try to be yourself when you do an urge to do something that feels like you - whether it makes rational sense or not.

The Sun-North Node conjunction is an interesting one where your South Node falls in the 7th in Pisces and makes you especially receptive to the needs of others, as you already know. But the North Node is in your 1st house, suggesting that while you still want to be of service to other people you will be most fulfilled doing the things for yourself that your Sun wants, whatever that may be. So the basic conflict shown here is between doing what is good for others and what is fulfilling to yourself. In the end, making yourself happy by doing the things you want for you will not only bring personal growth but allow you to do even more for others when that is needed. There is an extra factor here and that is your Neptune square your Ascendant which again acts to sensitize you to other people and swing the scales toward acting for their well being first rather than your own. While being good to other people is wonderful, again you want to make sure you are taken care of first.

Your 12th house Saturn will make you think solitude is for the best but your Sun and Mercury actually like to get involved and do things that include other people, whether it's chatting with them or making an impression. So it's definitely a good idea to try to act on this whenever you can.

Then there is your Moon, a personal planet falling in the western portion of the chart which is in a fire sign even if it's in the 8th house. While it will tend to be intense, you can relate to other people well emotionally and this can become a source of strength as well as a gateway for you to get to know others emotionally and assert yourself when needed this way.

You do have a strong Pisces/Neptune influence (Saturn in 12th, Pisces Descendant, Neptune square Asc and Mercury) but you also have a need for being recognized for yourself. I am guessing you are good at the former so the challenge now is to work on the latter.

Last edited:

AtomsInPlace

Hi AtomsInPlace,

good questions. I have a somewhat similar chart but with no planets at all on the right side. Though I'll go with what I know to give you some ideas.

You have both the Sun and the Ascendant in Virgo which is a service-oriented sign and one which feels happiest staying busy with improving things in their immediate vicinity - including toward cleaning things up so it makes the lives of others around you easier. Virgo is a rational sign and places importance on thinking things through so you have a solid mental mental of whatever you are working on along with a good plan to get it done well and efficiently. However, you also have the Sun in the 1st house and it's conjunct your North Node. A 1st house Sun is concerned with the subjective awareness of yourself and the impact you make on others and your surroundings and the effect you can have through your entire being. It is not really a placement that's concerned with thought so much as wanting to understand yourself in relation to your environment - as the 1st house naturally opposes the 7th. So with this combination you are tempted to think about what is happening but it is also asking you to feel things out, act on hunches, and try to be yourself when you do an urge to do something that feels like you - whether it makes rational sense or not.

The Sun-North Node conjunction is an interesting one where your South Node falls in the 7th in Pisces and makes you especially receptive to the needs of others, as you already know. But the North Node is in your 1st house, suggesting that while you still want to be of service to other people you will be most fulfilled doing the things for yourself that your Sun wants, whatever that may be. So the basic conflict shown here is between doing what is good for others and what is fulfilling to yourself. In the end, making yourself happy by doing the things you want for you will not only bring personal growth but allow you to do even more for others when that is needed. There is an extra factor here and that is your Neptune square your Ascendant which again acts to sensitize you to other people and swing the scales toward acting for their well being first rather than your own. While being good to other people is wonderful, again you want to make sure you are taken care of first.

Your 12th house Saturn will make you think solitude is for the best but your Sun and Mercury actually like to get involved and do things that include other people, whether it's chatting with them or making an impression. So it's definitely a good idea to try to act on this whenever you can.

Then there is your Moon, a personal planet falling in the western portion of the chart which is in a fire sign even if it's in the 8th house. While it will tend to be intense, you can relate to other people well emotionally and this can become a source of strength as well as a gateway for you to get to know others emotionally and assert yourself when needed this way.

You do have a strong Pisces/Neptune influence (Saturn in 12th, Pisces Descendant, Neptune square Asc and Mercury) but you also have a need for being recognized for yourself. I am guessing you are good at the former so the challenge now is to work on the latter.

Hi jkxx74,

Wow...I'm quite speechless right now, that felt so spot on :w00t:

The way you describe the synergy of all these energies makes it so easy for me to understand :joyful:

Thank you very much...

AtomsInPlace

I love making music, but I tend to put everyone and everything else before that, because of the feeling that I must put everyone before my desire to create.

I haven't written or played any music for so long now...Barely even listened to any music either.

Then yesterday out of the blue I felt inspired to share my music here on this forum, I don't have or use facebook, instagram or anything, just a youtube channel where I have "archived" my songs online, I haven't used my channel in years, so this forum is currently the only place that I am interactive online LOL

I guess that ties in nicely with what you said about the need to be recognized for myself, and music can definately be a vulnerable and honest way to bear one's soul to others.

jkxx74

Premium Member
You're welcome - glad it's resonating with you :)

Music would fit really well with your placements with the fiery Neptune and Moon (Jupiter too as it aspects both your reflective planets with Moon and Venus.) It makes life interesting or rather life tends to be interesting when you're feeling like creating or enjoying music.

Yes, it's a great avenue to get something you have produced out, let it have an effect on other people, and pick up feedback. Once you start getting cheers and thumbs up you'll feel like composing even more of it.

I had to check your transits based on what you posted and you are having some really heavy outer stuff going on. I'll go into them briefly since it's time to get ready for work but feel free to post questions about these or look them up.

Pluto has been hitting quite a few points in the last few months, currently you have Pluto square Pluto, Pluto trine Ascendant (mostly 2016), Pluto trine Mercury, and soon Pluto trine progressed Moon as well as Pluto opposition progressed which concluded not too long ago. Pluto is about transforming your attitudes and with it aspecting both Ascendant and Midheaven this has been both about how you project yourself and how you think of yourself and about your life path and goals for the future. Pluto-Pluto adds a good deal of intesity to this quest for understanding while Pluto-Mercury will allow you to get a handle on what is happening by understanding it rationally.

Neptune has been making a good deal of aspects as well, most recently squaring your MC (life goals altered) as well as a trine to Venus which would give you an inclination toward artistic expression and may have included much daydreaming along with it.

You mentioned being vulnerable and you are indeed getting a ton of transits from Chiron as well - trines to Venus and progressed Mercury and an upcoming trine to Mars. Chiron is typically difficult to deal with although with these aspects the transits are much more likely to be constructive - sometimes you start out afraid of something and Chiron can show you there isn't a reason to be afraid of it anymore once its transit completes. With Venus and Mars this very much has to with relating and creativity in general so this would have been a prominent theme in your life in the last 4-5 months. Chiron is making a difficult transit to your natal Sun in April (Chiron opposition Sun) which can make that month seem darker than usual but even so you should be back on your feet by May.

Finally you're right now undergoing a Saturn-Sun square which almost always prompts you to action to firm up where you are heading but also has an effect similar to Chiron's - you weren't willing to do something at the start of it and then you are once it's done.

Keep your head up, you have some powerful energies in play affecting your chart right now.

AtomsInPlace

You're welcome - glad it's resonating with you :)

Music would fit really well with your placements with the fiery Neptune and Moon (Jupiter too as it aspects both your reflective planets with Moon and Venus.) It makes life interesting or rather life tends to be interesting when you're feeling like creating or enjoying music.

Yes, it's a great avenue to get something you have produced out, let it have an effect on other people, and pick up feedback. Once you start getting cheers and thumbs up you'll feel like composing even more of it.

I had to check your transits based on what you posted and you are having some really heavy outer stuff going on. I'll go into them briefly since it's time to get ready for work but feel free to post questions about these or look them up.

Pluto has been hitting quite a few points in the last few months, currently you have Pluto square Pluto, Pluto trine Ascendant (mostly 2016), Pluto trine Mercury, and soon Pluto trine progressed Moon as well as Pluto opposition progressed which concluded not too long ago. Pluto is about transforming your attitudes and with it aspecting both Ascendant and Midheaven this has been both about how you project yourself and how you think of yourself and about your life path and goals for the future. Pluto-Pluto adds a good deal of intesity to this quest for understanding while Pluto-Mercury will allow you to get a handle on what is happening by understanding it rationally.

Neptune has been making a good deal of aspects as well, most recently squaring your MC (life goals altered) as well as a trine to Venus which would give you an inclination toward artistic expression and may have included much daydreaming along with it.

You mentioned being vulnerable and you are indeed getting a ton of transits from Chiron as well - trines to Venus and progressed Mercury and an upcoming trine to Mars. Chiron is typically difficult to deal with although with these aspects the transits are much more likely to be constructive - sometimes you start out afraid of something and Chiron can show you there isn't a reason to be afraid of it anymore once its transit completes. With Venus and Mars this very much has to with relating and creativity in general so this would have been a prominent theme in your life in the last 4-5 months. Chiron is making a difficult transit to your natal Sun in April (Chiron opposition Sun) which can make that month seem darker than usual but even so you should be back on your feet by May.

Finally you're right now undergoing a Saturn-Sun square which almost always prompts you to action to firm up where you are heading but also has an effect similar to Chiron's - you weren't willing to do something at the start of it and then you are once it's done.

Keep your head up, you have some powerful energies in play affecting your chart right now.

lemlcB.jpg

It's all beginning to make so much sense...You're very good at this...

And I have questions for sure...I shall return when I have fulfilled some domestic duties :cool:

Thank you jkxx74