Help with interpreting my Progressed chart?

missnightowl24

What does a progressed chart mean exactly? And what are the difference between transits and progressions? So I did my natal chart and progressed natal chart separately....it was my birthday 4 days ago so im 25 yay me lol..anyway, I did them separately because when I did them combined some stuff didn't show up as accurately. How often do our progressed charts change? I notice that my progressed chart is slightly different than my natal one..

It has just been feeling like as I get older life gets a little easier on me, that I just want to take my time and enjoy the moment of how I am. I also feel in a way that things are slowly coming together for me if that makes sense. Im a late bloomer in life with success, friends, family, independence, etc. it's a love/hate thing. And im learning how to deal with things in a different way which is helping me with my self growth. It just overall feels like im shifting into a better form of myself and that life is getting better to deal with if that makes sense...like, im sorta figuring things out more, getting a better feel for things and actually getting some direction in my life! :)

Attachments

• NATAL CHART.jpg
    NATAL CHART.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 24
  • PROGRESSED NATAL CHART.jpg
    PROGRESSED NATAL CHART.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 21

Zarathu

Account Closed
Google is your friend.... Seriously.

I have about 6 books in my library just on transits and progressions. They are different types of prediction devices. You can find descriptions of all of them by using Google. Or you could buy some books. I'm sure JupiterASC has some ready quotes for you in his library. Perhaps he'll be happy to share them with you.

Last edited:

Kannon

What does a progressed chart mean exactly? And what are the difference between transits and progressions? So I did my natal chart and progressed natal chart separately....it was my birthday 4 days ago so im 25 yay me lol..anyway, I did them separately because when I did them combined some stuff didn't show up as accurately. How often do our progressed charts change? I notice that my progressed chart is slightly different than my natal one..

A progressed chart is a chart whose planetary positions start from the positions in your birth chart and slowly progress forward at ratio of a day for a year. Day 1 of your life becomes Year 1 in a progressed chart.

What it indicates are exact timings related to continual movements of the planets in relation to your life developments and windows of opportunity.

Your progressed chart is constantly changing, planets moving very slowly, taking 1 year for the planet movement to occur that took 1 day as your life started.

Your progressed chart - some current factors

Prog Venus 8SCO34 separating from trine with prog Jupiter 8CAN28, shows you are just ending a nice period, possibly in which some urges to creativity and smoothing out your relational life were felt. Sometimes it is just a period of your life being smoother and more peaceable than usual, often because of a change of perspective on your surroundings.

Prog Sun [1N13] recently passed contra-parallel aspect to natal Mercury [1S25], which can indicate pulling away from previous mental/communicative influences or patterns, an opportunity to establish your own thinking, an academic opportunity, etc.

Prog Sun is now applying to exact CP prog Pluto [1S12], which means a test soon of sticking to what you learned or asserted during the previous period (Mercury). This can indicate an activation of your ambition, but most indicates friction to create empowerment that allows you to pull away from influences that have gone previously unchallenged in your private life/psyche.

An added note

I can tell you that your birth chart as shown here is not accurate - at least 10 degrees off (at AC). The sign at the AC (Asc) is the one that most specifically frames your personality, the most important one in the chart. For your chart to give the most accurate information it has to have the correct Asc sign and degree.

Read these Rising Sign Descriptions for Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn, and see which one describes you best:
http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/rising-signs-2/#scorpio

Zarathu

Account Closed
Don't forget...

There are actually three kinds of progressed charts: 2ndary progressed, tertiary progressed, and Minor progressed.

And then there are at least 6 ways of calculating the Mid-Heaven rate.

And there are at least two ways of interpreting them: on a daily basis, and on a Solar Return basis.

All of these are important. I use all three.

missnightowl24

Don't forget...

There are actually three kinds of progressed charts: 2ndary progressed, tertiary progressed, and Minor progressed.

And then there are at least 6 ways of calculating the Mid-Heaven rate.

And there are at least two ways of interpreting them: on a daily basis, and on a Solar Return basis.

All of these are important. I use all three.

Thank you for letting me know! And yes I will use Google :)

missnightowl24

A progressed chart is a chart whose planetary positions start from the positions in your birth chart and slowly progress forward at ratio of a day for a year. Day 1 of your life becomes Year 1 in a progressed chart.

What it indicates are exact timings related to continual movements of the planets in relation to your life developments and windows of opportunity.

Your progressed chart is constantly changing, planets moving very slowly, taking 1 year for the planet movement to occur that took 1 day as your life started.

Your progressed chart - some current factors

Prog Venus 8SCO34 separating from trine with prog Jupiter 8CAN28, shows you are just ending a nice period, possibly in which some urges to creativity and smoothing out your relational life were felt. Sometimes it is just a period of your life being smoother and more peaceable than usual, often because of a change of perspective on your surroundings.

Prog Sun [1N13] recently passed contra-parallel aspect to natal Mercury [1S25], which can indicate pulling away from previous mental/communicative influences or patterns, an opportunity to establish your own thinking, an academic opportunity, etc.

Prog Sun is now applying to exact CP prog Pluto [1S12], which means a test soon of sticking to what you learned or asserted during the previous period (Mercury). This can indicate an activation of your ambition, but most indicates friction to create empowerment that allows you to pull away from influences that have gone previously unchallenged in your private life/psyche.

An added note

I can tell you that your birth chart as shown here is not accurate - at least 10 degrees off (at AC). The sign at the AC (Asc) is the one that most specifically frames your personality, the most important one in the chart. For your chart to give the most accurate information it has to have the correct Asc sign and degree.

Read these Rising Sign Descriptions for Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn, and see which one describes you best:
http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/rising-signs-2/#scorpio

:D cool! Yes that would explain why I've been feeling more at peace lately...like life is just a little more smoothe than it normally is, I hope it stays like this!

Could you please explain to me why my birth chart isn't correct? you are talking about my Natal chart and NOT my progressed natal chart, right? I used astro.com I typed in all the info. from my birth certificate lol and on astro.com (this site was referred to me a looong time ago for charts and I've used it ever since) it has always said my Ascendant/Rising was in Capricorn...right smack dab in the middle of it. And I don't understand if my ascendant would be a different sign if it's only off by 10 degrees....how is it off by 10 degrees anyway? sorry for all the questions, im just trying to have a better understanding :) I don't want to give too many details but I was born 4 months early if that affects/changes anything.

And after checking out that rising signs website....well it was hard for me to feel which one is a good description of me after thinking I was a Capricorn asc for soo long :/ .....but id say it's between scorpio & Capricorn, I don't know about appearance wise, but the descriptions relate to me...I will make my avatar a picture of me on here and we can figure it out together :)

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, if you have given an accurate birth time, then your chart is correct. You say you were born at 5:22. That is pretty accurate.
I don't select a person's birth date and time based on how they look or how their personality has developed over the past 25 years.

After age 25, IMO, your challenges as shown by the three progressed chart can have changed your personality substantially. And if your Sun has progressed into a new sign(which your will soon but has not yet) by secondary progression, then you will have the imprint of a new viewpoint.

Being premature has nothing to do with it, that's the moment of imprint.

Last edited:

missnightowl24

IMO, if you have given an accurate birth time, then your chart is correct. You say you were born at 5:22. That is pretty accurate.
I don't select a person's birth date and time based on how they look or how their personality has developed over the past 25 years.

After age 25, IMO, your challenges as shown by the three progressed chart can have changed your personality substantially. And if your Sun has progressed into a new sign(which your will soon but has not yet) by secondary progression, then you will have the imprint of a new viewpoint.

Being premature has nothing to do with it, that's the moment of imprint.

Yay..ok well I don't know what form of progressed charts astro.com uses, but yes I've noticed im trying to approach things in a different way. Can I use all 3 forms of progressed charts to understand how im seeing things in a different view, etc. in life lately?

Kannon

:D cool! Yes that would explain why I've been feeling more at peace lately...like life is just a little more smoothe than it normally is, I hope it stays like this!

Could you please explain to me why my birth chart isn't correct? you are talking about my Natal chart and NOT my progressed natal chart, right? I used astro.com I typed in all the info. from my birth certificate lol and on astro.com (this site was referred to me a looong time ago for charts and I've used it ever since) it has always said my Ascendant/Rising was in Capricorn...right smack dab in the middle of it. And I don't understand if my ascendant would be a different sign if it's only off by 10 degrees....how is it off by 10 degrees anyway? sorry for all the questions, im just trying to have a better understanding :) I don't want to give too many details but I was born 4 months early if that affects/changes anything.

And after checking out that rising signs website....well it was hard for me to feel which one is a good description of me after thinking I was a Capricorn asc for soo long :/ .....but id say it's between scorpio & Capricorn, I don't know about appearance wise, but the descriptions relate to me...I will make my avatar a picture of me on here and we can figure it out together :)

People are better off first making a thorough study of their own birth chart before moving on to understand the subtle workings of more advanced astrology. Make a thorough study of your own birth chart by understanding what are the standard or common interpretations of it. Then YOU can tell me what is right or not about it. What I would have to say about it is technical and is not understood by over 90% of astrologers!