Which will be better financially -- stay or move?

Ace

Seems like June has been the month for everyone thinking of making moves including myself. In actuality though, my better half and I are toying to move to another state. This would mean selling off a property and reinvesting the proceeds from the sale towards the purchase of a property at a new location (we plan to find a property that has an ADU on the premises). This means we have really close neighbors as the main residence we live in and the separate dwelling unit is the same grounds on the new property.

We have doing online searches for homes and seen many opportunities pass by with properties that come up and meeting our home and income needs that the property can generate, but we intend to be moved in a place by May-June 2021 ideally. I really consider horary to have assisted a lot with moves in the past as they have predicted outcomes quite well and forecasted what actions may play out.

As mentioned on my previous thread I attempted to do, I was way off and in time members can relay what they see from the chart and see if things will work out for us or will we have to wait longer to move?

From my previous mistake I now have made sure I look at the significators for pitted and elevated degrees from the board:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29126

Me: Jupiter in it's fall and Rx in 2H. Saturn in a pitted degree in 2H and also L2 ruler. South Node in 1H. Ugh....

Other place is signified by L7 (Mercury), I think? Sun, Moon, and N.Node are all in 7H. Mercury is in an elevated degree but under sun beams and retrograded. Mercury is also L9 ruler.

Lots going on here but not sure exactly what to do with all this or if I have signified the other place correctly.

Attachments

• SM.jpg
    SM.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 40

waybread

Hi Ace, I think this is a "no" on a move for now, but speaking as someone who has bought and sold a dozen properties (and just recently moved into our retirement cottage) I find your question to be too open-ended. A lot depends upon your chosen destination and what its property costs and going rents are like, whether you would need a mortgage or home improvement loan, and whether you can attract--and keep--responsible tenants. Then extra income and possibly capital gains would affect your taxes. My husband and I have rented properties in the past. He has the temperament for being a landlord. I do not.

Your significator is Jupiter-- in your second house of money. Jupiter is in its fall and retrograde, suggesting re-thinking of your business plan. Your second house is ruled by Saturn which is stronger, being domiciled, but retrograde, as well.

Your moon (emotional stake in the matter) is in the 7th house. Your "better half"? Or possibly the new house, as the turned 4th from the 4th house. It is ruled by Mercury retrograde in the 8th house of shared resources-- supposedly not an auspicious time to sign a contract.

So I'd suggest staying put for now, but putting those retrogrades to work for you as you rethink your options. Maybe visit your ideal destination/s, talk turkey with some realtors, and then you can ask again more specifically about a particular property when you are ready to move ahead.

tikana

Seems like June has been the month for everyone thinking of making moves including myself. In actuality though, my better half and I are toying to move to another state. This would mean selling off a property and reinvesting the proceeds from the sale towards the purchase of a property at a new location (we plan to find a property that has an ADU on the premises). This means we have really close neighbors as the main residence we live in and the separate dwelling unit is the same grounds on the new property.

We have doing online searches for homes and seen many opportunities pass by with properties that come up and meeting our home and income needs that the property can generate, but we intend to be moved in a place by May-June 2021 ideally. I really consider horary to have assisted a lot with moves in the past as they have predicted outcomes quite well and forecasted what actions may play out.

As mentioned on my previous thread I attempted to do, I was way off and in time members can relay what they see from the chart and see if things will work out for us or will we have to wait longer to move?

From my previous mistake I now have made sure I look at the significators for pitted and elevated degrees from the board:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29126

Me: Jupiter in it's fall and Rx in 2H. Saturn in a pitted degree in 2H and also L2 ruler. South Node in 1H. Ugh....

Other place is signified by L7 (Mercury), I think? Sun, Moon, and N.Node are all in 7H. Mercury is in an elevated degree but under sun beams and retrograded. Mercury is also L9 ruler.

Lots going on here but not sure exactly what to do with all this or if I have signified the other place correctly.

stay in california
bc lord of 4th house aspects your lord of asce plus it will enter Aries its domain. Merc has nothing to offer + it is going retro
2nd house is fine!

Ace

Thank you waybread and tikana for your replies.

I am in the process looking and know my other half and I will be able to find a suitable property. We want to pull the trigger to buy, but cannot till some personal legal things wrap up and should conclude by the end of the year. In the meantime, we just keep browsing along. When we do buy, no loans will have to be done with no mortgage. The new intended property for purchase will be turnkey and is in an area that can easily be rented out due to demand and we both are very familiar with the entire area.

The problem is once a property we both like hits the market it goes pending within days to a week tops. I am not sure someone will be available at the time to assist with a delineation. We have crunched numbers and it appears to be a plus to move income wise since our current residence doesn't produce another income stream on the same premises.

I guess this is why in general I wanted to know if it is more favorable to stay or go in a year. I assume from both your analyses you are saying we should stay put for a year and reconsider again after May 2021 to June 2021. Does the chart provide a timeframe of a better period to move that will put us in a more favorable financial position?

Last edited:

Ace

Thanks, would that be a unit that then would be rented out by the querent ? For income?

Yes, Elena. We would be renting out the ADU for income. Thank you for your interest in my post.

Last edited:

tikana

Thank you waybread and tikana for your replies.

I am in the process looking and know my other half and I will be able to find a suitable property. We want to pull the trigger to buy, but cannot till some personal legal things wrap up and should conclude by the end of the year. In the meantime, we just keep browsing along. When we do buy, no loans will have to be done with no mortgage. The new intended property for purchase will be turnkey and is in an area that can easily be rented out due to demand and we both are very familiar with the entire area.

The problem is once a property we both like hits the market it goes pending within days to a week tops. I am not sure someone will be available at the time to assist with a delineation. We have crunched numbers and it appears to be a plus to move income wise since our current residence doesn't produce another income stream on the same premises.

I guess this is why in general I wanted to know if it is more favorable to stay or go in a year. I assume from both your analyses you are saying we should stay put for a year and reconsider again after May 2021 to June 2021. Does the chart provide a timeframe of a better period to move that will put us in a more favorable financial position?

you didnt ask about your $s. You asked if you should stay or move
:)

ElenaJ

Just looking at the potential income of the two choices, your current one has Venus as its 2nd house income ruler, and she is retrograde, not making any aspects before turning direct. So static. Uranus there rules Aquarius, intercepted in your 2nd house, so you have decent earnings from it.
The alternative is the 7th house, its earning potential is moon who approaches a square with Neptune! Red light here! The property is ruled by mercury, retrograde sitting on its own 2nd house cusp, you would have to invest quite a bit in the property and not pull the income out, probably because it is old or worn or let down. With mercury in cancer it could be water damage.
Mercury retrograde next aspects Uranus, so you would be funnelling money earned from the first property into the second.
Looks like they are right, better to stay put.

tikana

Actually, when she wrote "we plan to find a property that has an ADU on the premises" it was implied.

well you can find ADU but you need to fix it first (just example). there will be money loss until they recover after fixing it.

muddy question i'd say ask another specificaly for profits from the RE. which is 5th house .. if it increases in dignities + beneficial aspects to jup or venus it is a yes .. anything less than that it is a loss

tikana

Actually, when she wrote "we plan to find a property that has an ADU on the premises" it was implied.

I cant physically feed the question to the querent, Elena. I know what Ace is asking "will i find a property with ADU that will give me more profit than current place where I am living in" Then we look at 4th and 7th house along with 5th and 8th(for profits) and anything to ddo with natural 2nd house.
If you look at current chart lord of 1st house sitting hard in 2nd house (Ace is not happy) what is causing this? Moon (what is moon ruling 8th house (debt / taxes or other people's money)? ... It is not what we are asking about. Ace can win a lottery tomorrow yeah money will improve but is this ADU question? No.

Last edited:

Ace

you didnt ask about your $s. You asked if you should stay or move
:)

tikana sorry for the confusion. I had a difficult time formulating the question but the title to my post was the question and essentially i was attempting to get a better picture if staying put will be better off for the finances. Or... moving away, which means selling our investment property and primary residence here and reinvesting the entire proceeds from both into the new residence with the ADU at the new location.

Which option will be better off financially for us? I hope that makes better sense

Last edited:

tikana

tikana sorry for the confusion. I had a difficult time formulating the question but the title to my post was the question and essentially i was attempting to get a better picture if staying put will be better off for the finances. Or... moving away, which means selling our investment property and primary residence here and reinvesting the entire proceeds from both into the new residence with the ADU at the new location will be better off financially.

stay put! dont move!

thanks for more details.

tikana

tikana sorry for the confusion. I had a difficult time formulating the question but the title to my post was the question and essentially i was attempting to get a better picture if staying put will be better off for the finances. Or... moving away, which means selling our investment property and primary residence here and reinvesting the entire proceeds from both into the new residence with the ADU at the new location.

Which option will be better off financially for us? I hope that makes better sense

also take a look at moon .. it is conj sun. NOT a good sign.. if you move you will get more in debt.
so sorry not checking-out of hotel california.

Ace

ElenaJ - interesting insight. I was not getting a good feeling about the move. I guess all across th4 board it's waybread, tikana, and you all saying no, so I am staying put for the year.

Does the chart give any indications of when I can consider moving timewise???

I was really hoping the chart would be promising but I am disappointed. I need a change.

Last edited:

waybread

If it's a no, then there's no timeline.

So you already have an investment property where you live now?

If you need a change, wouldn't you be just as well off to find some other way of creating a change in your life? Maybe a small vacation home in the place you wish to move to? If real estate is so hot now in this area, that suggests that it is appreciating, so you might be making a good long-term investment anyway, just without the year-round rental income.

Last edited:

Ace

waybread - Thank you for letting me know on the timing.

Yes, we do have investment property here.

The change in life would largely help by being in another state and we both want to move there. Lots of negative memories being in the current place.

We do rely on passive income to pay monthly expenses which includes rental property so this is why having a cash producing ADU is very important. I really wasn't expecting the chart to be so negative as after crunching numbers it made a lot of fiscal sense to move to the new location.

waybread

Ace, as I suggested in my first reply to you, I think the problem is that you've asked a very general question, when "the devil is in the details." Since you are real estate savvy, you appreciate that one rental property might be a lucrative investment and income stream, whereas another one in the same community might be a disaster.

Sometimes in horary negative results indicate a problem with how the question is asked: whether with how it is worded, or with an unspoken question behind the asked question. Sometimes people ask a very general horary question to make up their minds about whether to even contemplate Step One, but I think you'd be in a better position both astrologically and real estate-wise if you took the early steps, so that you could then be more specific.

You can try again with something like, "Will making an offer on the property at 365 Cedar Crest Drive in Forest Heights, Oregon be a good move for us financially?"

Realistically, though, if your offer would be contingent on selling your current home and investment property where you live now, you might consider selling them first. If you've already got cash offer-type assets in the bank, then no problem, but most people don't. As you know, a clean offer would go down better than one subject to the sale of your current house and rental unit.

Also, please realize that we are mostly a bunch of amateurs on this forum, and your business head may be a better guide in this instance.