Ascendent at early and late degrees in electional charts

26Degree

In horary early and late degrees ASC would render the chart non-radical, but does it matter as much for electional charts?

dr. farr

Not really because here you are timing an action, not seeking information about a question from the Cosmos; however, when making an election one has control over the timing, so ideally you would want to set up the time with the selected ascendant having advanced at least several degrees so as to have the desired momentum underway...

26Degree

Not really because here you are timing an action, not seeking information about a question from the Cosmos; however, when making an election one has control over the timing, so ideally you would want to set up the time with the selected ascendant having advanced at least several degrees so as to have the desired momentum underway...
Thanks dr.! But sometimes an early/late degree ASC seems unavoidable if you want to get the ASC ruler and the other significator in an harmonious aspect and/or in suitable houses.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes that's true, it is a secondary consideration; I follow Robson in this outlook, whose book is the best practical guide we have in English to the subject ("Electional Astrology", available @ Amazon, astro-america.com and other sites)

26Degree

Yes that's true, it is a secondary consideration; I follow Robson in this outlook, whose book is the best practical guide we have in English to the subject ("Electional Astrology", available @ Amazon, astro-america.com and other sites)
Thanks again, I've found the book, will definitely take a look.