Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Celebrity Astrology

Celebrity Astrology For interesting threads on celebrities' natal charts and lives, which provide an excellent educational opportunity for us all.

Unread 07-29-2012, 09:12 AM

Joaquin Phoenix's ascendant sign rectified

I came across this youtube video of someone who apparently rectified River and Joaquin Phoenix's charts. River has a recorded birthtime so that was used but she rectified Joaquin's. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2wiDKrXOoI

Does this seem accurate to anyone? It's Vedic so I can't really follow but my understanding is it should work with Western astrology too, right?

Joaquin has a heavy load of Scopio planets, a stellium in 2nd house. The rectified chart has his ascendant in Virgo. Does this seem correct? Any experienced astrologers/rectifiers out there?

Unread 07-29-2012, 10:48 AM

Re: Joaquin Phoenix's ascendant sign rectified

HEre is the astrotheme chart:

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Joaquin_Phoenix
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:21 PM

*Bump*

Anyone?
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:14 AM
may28gemini

I think his rising is Venus oriented like Taurus or Libra. He has a balanced face.
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
I think his rising is Venus oriented like Taurus or Libra. He has a balanced face.
Hi may28,

He could be Taurus, something earthy I'd say. There are lots of balanced faces in Virgo rising, isn't there? I read some stuff by Kannon on this forum and it seems JP has the v-shaped face of Virgo rising especially when he was younger.

I'm trying to learn rectification and wanted to see if the method worked on Joaquin. Anyone else want to weigh in on its accuracy?
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:40 AM

Photos

Unread 07-30-2012, 02:56 AM
may28gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
Photos

Yes, I think he's venus earthy so Taurus sounds good. Although, I thought he could be Libra rising because that would make his mars be in 7th and he often projects that people are against him... Like with his failed career as a rapper lol
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Banned

I found a birth time for him a long time ago. Punched it in and believed he came out as a Taurus Ascendant, first decan to be exact.

I tend to agree with this Venusian ascendant as he's probably the only famous Scorpio man I think is really handsome.

The reason he has a pointy chin is because of his Aries Moon.
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:33 AM

Hi Southpaw,

Do you remember where you found the birthtime?

Has anyone had a chance to view the youtube video link above? Do her methods seem accurate? It would be cool to know Joaquin's ascendant but even better to understand the rectification methods that would lead us to best available time for him.

Thoughts?

Dunbar
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hi Southpaw,

Do you remember where you found the birthtime?

Has anyone had a chance to view the youtube video link above? Do her methods seem accurate? It would be cool to know Joaquin's ascendant but even better to understand the rectification methods that would lead us to best available time for him.

Thoughts?

Dunbar
No, my finding was done years ago.
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:01 AM

Smile Re: Joaquin Phoenix's ascendant sign rectified

Would really like to hear thoughts on this..

I created a chart for Joaquin based on some of the comments here about the possibilty of early Taurus rising. I used 6:00 am guess to create the chart.

What should be noted is Joaquin has a 5 planet stellium in Libra/Scorpio.

If he has Taurus rising the stellium is placed in his 6th house (ruled by Virgo).

If you go with Virgo rising (based on the Vedic astrologer's rectified chart) the stellium moves to 2nd house (rules by Taurus)

I think we're on the right track I also wonder if perhaps we're picking up on the Taurus stellium. The vedic astrologer based her chart on life events as well as appearance so it could be Joaquin is Virgo ascendant but with a stellium in 2nd house. Then the other side of it is he's Taurus rising but with a stellium in house of Virgo. I want to try solar arcs for the Taurus ascendant but don't know how to do them as my rectification experience is not good. Any help out there?

I've read some really insightful comments by those who are much more experienced than me with rectifying charts. Hope to hear from you all.

Last edited by Dunbar; 08-05-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: add info
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Would really like to hear thoughts on this..

I created a chart for Joaquin based on some of the comments here about the possibilty of early Taurus rising. I used 6:00 am guess to create the chart.

What should be noted is Joaquin has a 5 planet stellium in Libra/Scorpio.

If he has Taurus rising the stellium is placed in his 6th house (ruled by Virgo).

If you go with Virgo rising (based on the Vedic astrologer's rectified chart) the stellium moves to 2nd house (rules by Taurus)

I think we're on the right track I also wonder if perhaps we're picking up on the Taurus stellium. The vedic astrologer based her chart on life events as well as appearance so it could be Joaquin is Virgo ascendant but with a stellium in 2nd house. Then the other side of it is he's Taurus rising but with a stellium in house of Virgo. I want to try solar arcs for the Taurus ascendant but don't know how to do them as my rectification experience is not good. Any help out there?

I've read some really insightful comments by those who are much more experienced than me with rectifying charts. Hope to hear from you all.
Are house placements supposed to have an affect on appearance barring planets in the 1st, 12th that's conjunct asc, and 6th/7th house planets that oppose the asc? I was once told by someone that it does, but that was the only person I ever heard it from.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Are house placements supposed to have an affect on appearance barring planets in the 1st, 12th that's conjunct asc, and 6th/7th house planets that oppose the asc? I was once told by someone that it does, but that was the only person I ever heard it from.
I think stelliums and other major house emphasis affects a person and how they come across to other people. Perhaps not always in appearance though it depends on aspects also. It does give that flavoring to their personality but probably it's more noticeable if the house itself is ruled by a more in your face planet. Like someone with 8th house stellium gives off Scorpio vibes and sometimes can look Scorpo.
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM

I can see him being a Libra Rising, putting Pluto on the first.
But he has a lack of planets in earth - and he just gives me that vibe so I agree with Taurus/Virgo ascendant..maybe...
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:29 PM

Joaquin looks Cancer rising IMO.His coloring looks like a water sign ;dark hair, light eyes, white skin.Also his nose and eyeshape looks Cancerian.
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:28 AM

No matter where is his ascendant he is still a great actor I could agree with Virgo rising...IMO he could also be a Sag ASC with Neptune conjunct ASC or with Neptune in 1st house. MC would be in Virgo. Ruler of MC in Libra sign. Pluto in 10th house(Placidus). saturn in cancer in 8th house. Moon would be trine Neptune and Asc. I know that chin is because of Aries Moon but his face shape it's not enough squarish for soo many planets in fixed ScorpioHis chin is also nice shaped so maybe Taurus ASC?He has Sun conjunct Venus conjunct Mars(and Uranus) maybe this is the reason for his "balanced face"

Unread 01-15-2014, 05:21 PM

Smile Re: Joaquin Phoenix's ascendant sign rectified

I also believe that the sign of Virgo is the ASC. Joaquin Phoenix. We must remember that he has a congenital birth defect: cleft lips. This happens to anyone who has the star Fomalhaut in MC or DSC, making aspect against the ASC. Fomalhaut, ie the mouth of the fish is at 3 30 'Pisces.

So if he has the sign of Virgo in the ASC, and the sign of the Pisces in the DSC, Fomalhaut is opposed to ASC of Joaquin Phoenix. Thus his ASC is between 3 30 'and 3 57' Virgo.
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM

just watched Her. looks very much like a taurus ascendant to me.
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:06 PM

I found link on other astrology forum, with site that is saying he was born at 8:14 PM (making him a Taurus ASC). Sadly, now this site is not working
Unread 05-03-2015, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstark View Post
just watched Her. looks very much like a taurus ascendant to me.
I would absolutely go with the Taurus Rising for Joaquin.
Unread 05-03-2015, 06:29 PM

When I do the 8:14 pm time I get Gemini rising. (Oct. 28, 1974 in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico)
Unread 05-04-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savanna View Post
When I do the 8:14 pm time I get Gemini rising. (Oct. 28, 1974 in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico)
I made a mistake. They used 18:14- 6:14PM.

Last edited by LeoCassandra; 05-04-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Unread 05-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoCassandra View Post
I made a mistake. They used 18:14- 6:14PM.
k that makes sense

Tags
ascendant, joaquin, phoenix, rectified, sign