Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM

Groupies

Just wondering what you might expect to find in the chart of a rockstar groupie.

Famous groupie, Pamela Des Barres's chart (she told me she has Leo rising): http://m.imgur.com/iEPznXz

Famous groupie Bebe Buell: http://m.imgur.com/KdcglKu

Last edited by Tla26; 04-23-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Unread 03-23-2017, 03:21 AM

Re: Groupies

The groupie types I know tend to have 11th house and/or Libra prominent.
Unread 03-23-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post

Thanks...that makes sense! Shows up in some form or another in all of these charts.

I wonder if their 7th houses indicate choosing musicians as partners as well...I wonder what kind of 7th house would indicate a musician.
Unread 03-23-2017, 09:28 AM

I was going to say "Sun in aspect to Neptune" and then I looked at the first chart and it's even stronger than that - Sun/Mercury conjunct in Pisces square Neptune. It's a form of escapism and idolising 'a God'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Pea For This Useful Post:
katydid (03-23-2017)
Unread 03-23-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
I was going to say "Sun in aspect to Neptune" and then I looked at the first chart and it's even stronger than that - Sun/Mercury conjunct in Pisces square Neptune. It's a form of escapism and idolising 'a God'.
Yep! You hit the nail on the head...

Last edited by Tla26; 04-23-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Unread 03-26-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post

Two weeks ago i watched "Almost Famous" and i said to my friend "Aww, im so sad, that current music is so shitty, because if i were alive in 1970s, i would be for sure a grupie"

Libra Rising? Check
Stellium in 11th house? Check - Venus, Mars, Mercury

Libra Rising females prefer their partners to have some kind of music talent
I think it is, because Libra Rising people have: Aquarius on the 5th house cusp - deatchment, groups, wanting a unique union, Pisces on the 6th house cusp - we don't want to deal with boring, mundane stuff, 8th house in Taurus - Taurus is very artistic sign. Singing, playing on instrument is very sensual for us and we have Leo on the 11th cusp - wanting to be part of famous group or chasing people with Star-Like quality

Last edited by LeoCassandra; 06-01-2017 at 06:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeoCassandra For This Useful Post:
sibylline (03-26-2017)
Unread 03-26-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoCassandra View Post

Two weeks ago i watched "Almost Famous" and i said to my friend "Aww, im so sad, that current music is so shitty, because if i would be alive in 1970s, i would be for sure a grupie"

Libra Rising? Check
Stellium in 11th house? Check - Venus, Mars, Mercury

Libra Rising females prefer their partners to have some kind of music talent
I think it is, because Libra Rising people have: Aquarius on the 5th house cusp - deatchment, groups, wanting a unique union, Pisces on the 6th house cusp - we don't want to deal with boring, mundane stuff, 8th house in Taurus - Taurus is very artistic sign. Singing, playing on instrument is very sensual for us and we have Leo on the 11th cusp - wanting to be part of famous group or chasing people with Star-Like quality
lol that's funny about watching Almost Famous...music was so much better back then! It's such a fun movie.

Thanks for the info...you are so right! Makes perfect sense about the Libra and 11th house; I know other groupies who have that placement now that you mention it.
Unread 03-26-2017, 07:50 PM

I wonder if there's a difference between the chart of a groupie vs a woman who truly falls in love with a musician, for true love.

I'm thinking of women who've married musicians but not been groupies...women who married the guy because they loved the guy. I don't think any of these ladies have dated any musicians other than the guy they married. Here are a few examples:

Gwyneth Paltrow (married Chris Martin of Coldplay...I know she's got a lot of Libra but isn't at all a groupie): http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Gwyneth_Paltrow

Lara Dern (married Ben Harper):
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Laura_Dern

Heidi Klum (Married Seal): http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Heidi_Klum

Obviously not all of these marriages were perfect, let alone lasting, but the girls weren't groupies. I think there must be some Pisces or Neptune in connection to the seventh house, whether it's aspecting a planet in the house, the house itself is Pisces, or the ruler is somehow connected. I think other factors color in what kind of musician they'll attract.

Tags
groupies