Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Celebrity Astrology

Celebrity Astrology For interesting threads on celebrities' natal charts and lives, which provide an excellent educational opportunity for us all.

Unread 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM

Re: Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

She is Gemini Rising, her birth time is already in astrology birth data collectors' websites. Take a look: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lady_Gaga

Unread 08-22-2013, 07:06 PM

Thanks for your responses!!

The reason I said that the fact that she was accused of being a hermaphrodite supported that she was a feminine rising sign was because most of the time, NOT ALWAYS, the general public finds masculine (fire or air) signs rising as the most attractive. And Virgo/Cap Rising Lady Gaga doesn't fit this mold, so people pick on her for it. I felt it was great evidence that supported the fact that she could not be air or fire rising. And like I said, there are many exceptions. Sophia Loren (Cap rising), Megan Fox (Scorpio Rising), Liv Tyler (Cancer Rising), Jaclyn Kennedy (Scorpio Rising) are all widely accepted as beautiful. Finally, my personal opinion is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As an Aquarius rising, I am sometimes envious of the sensual, feminine looks of feminine rising signs and find many more attractive than masculine ones. Just look at Lady Gaga in her latest video "Applause"...she looks absolutely stunning with no makeup at all!

Also, the fact that you said she was introverted growing up also supports the feminine rising sign theory. Feminine rising signs are generally more reserved than their masculine counterparts. For example, Cap risings usually being described as shy.
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:21 PM

It's even not mostly the case that masculine Risign Signs are perceived as more beautiful.
Many people I know consider Angelina Jolie as one of the most beautiful women in public and she got Cancer Rising in conjunction with Venus.
Or what's with Gwyneth Paltrow.She has Pisces Rising.
Or Claudia Schiffer and Grace Kelly - They both got Scorpio Rising. l
So your examples were no exceptions.
You really can't generalize it.The same for the men.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder like you said.

Lady Gaga's androgynous and futuristic look could really fit to an Air Rising like Gemini.
And that she is actually introverted.I actually know many introverted Gemini Risings/Suns but that's another topic.
I often saw that the classification of extroversion and introversion doesn't fit really well like e.g. silent and shy Leo Ascendants.In my mind Astrology is an amazing art but through the last centuries it became blurred and things became mixed up by many writers.
From my view many original meanings and symbols got lost.
But that's too long to discuss and doens't fit the topic very well.So.

Last edited by theM; 08-23-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:15 AM

Feminine ascendants can be beautiful and masculine ascendants can be beautiful. The biggest factor when it comes to beauty is genetics.

I think it also depends on the chart as a whole. Planetary aspects and the angles can tell you how a person will appear.
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:31 AM

Aquarius or Cap
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:25 AM

guys please shes gemini rising and aries sun just like me how did nobody guessed that?
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:43 AM

Before seeing the chart you loaded for GaGa, I sensed from seeing where her Sun was in a Cafe Astrology Chart someone else had posted, that Gemini could well be the ASC. If it weren't in Gemini, then likely Sagitarius. The bohemian, off beat (rather eccentric) style also comes from Uranus in Sagitarius. I've seen this kind of dress before in others with this placement. Thank you though. Helped me validate my own assesment.

Last edited by AerosHeart; 03-09-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Unread 04-02-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerosHeart View Post
Before seeing the chart you loaded for GaGa, I sensed from seeing where her Sun was in a Cafe Astrology Chart someone else had posted, that Gemini could well be the ASC. If it weren't in Gemini, then likely Sagitarius. The bohemian, off beat (rather eccentric) style also comes from Uranus in Sagitarius. I've seen this kind of dress before in others with this placement. Thank you though. Helped me validate my own assesment.
? I'm sure you have, Uranus in Sagittarius features in the charts of many an individual, it being a generational planet and all.
Unread 08-14-2014, 10:22 PM

I still say scorpio rising after all these years, I've been following this broad and her shenanigans. The obsessive copycat tendencies and manipulative ways scream Scorpio rising.

She is pretty irrelevant these days, though.

“Famous are those persons in whose Nativities the Moon receives the light of many Planets.”
—Cardanus.
Unread 08-15-2014, 12:28 AM

I believe this is relevant:

Unread 08-15-2014, 12:32 AM

Aquarius rising
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:31 AM

It would not surprise me if her birth year is wrong, after what we saw with Lana Del Rey. My guess is she was maybe born in 1984. I remember she was interviewed about 9/11 and she said she was 17 at the time (September 2001). That would mean she was born in 1984.
The Following User Says Thank You to savanna For This Useful Post:
RayAustin (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Account Closed

Its already been established:

March 28, 1986, 9:53 AM
in: New York, Lenox Hill Hospital (NY) (United States)
Sun: 7°38' Aries
AS: 27°12' Gemini
Moon: 11°28' Scorpio
MC: 3°05' Pisces
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarathu For This Useful Post:
athenian200 (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:20 AM

I kind of suspected it was one of the air signs. Was thinking Aquarius just like everyone else, but Gemini is definitely believable. Note that her AC is in the Aquarius decan of Gemini, however. That's probably what everyone was picking up on.

Not sure how to feel about my having so many of the same sign/house placements as Lady Gaga, though. LOL.

I bet that 10th house Jupiter in Pisces close to her MC is part of the reason why she's a pop star and I'm invisible, though.

I personally like listening to parodies of her songs. Most of her songs have a good sound to them, but I don't relate to the lyrics.

Like this, for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4L4M8m4d0

The music is great, and it's even better when set to funnier lyrics.

Last edited by athenian200; 08-15-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savanna View Post
It would not surprise me if her birth year is wrong, after what we saw with Lana Del Rey. My guess is she was maybe born in 1984. I remember she was interviewed about 9/11 and she said she was 17 at the time (September 2001). That would mean she was born in 1984.
Me neither, celebs lie about their age plus I don't take times for granted just because someone said it so. I don't know where this 9:53 am time came from but I want to see if it supports fame. Do you remember where this video/interview is?

+ Lady Gaga has been caught lying lol I wouldn't necessarily take her word for it. Like I said I've been following her over the years.

“Famous are those persons in whose Nativities the Moon receives the light of many Planets.”
—Cardanus.
Unread 03-06-2015, 08:15 PM

Lady Gaga gave in birth time as 5:07pm in an instagram comment: http://www.astrotheme.fr/images/Lady...e_of_birth.jpg

Here is her chart:

Last edited by savanna; 03-07-2015 at 04:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to savanna For This Useful Post:
LeoCassandra (03-07-2015)
Unread 03-07-2015, 07:39 PM

It's still uncertain time, however it would explain her "plain jane", not so crazy persona in interviews. Clothes are Virgo traits. Uranus square ASC opposite MC sounds correct.Venus-North node conjunction in 8th house+Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio-Mother Monster?

Last edited by LeoCassandra; 03-07-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Unread 03-08-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelAge View Post

My second guess is that she is Virgo rising, with her ascendant SQUARING Uranus and quincunx Venus. This particular square could explain her extreme outlook, and the fact that her performances always look controlled and painstakenly rehearsed, even when she seems out of bound and crazy. She has this "wild perfectionistic Virgo" quality to her, which I suspect is one of the ancient forgotten archetypes of Virgo. You can see it in Madonna sometimes, and she also has Virgo rising. Virgo rising would give Gaga Chiron in dual Gemini at the MC, which could explain some of the rumors about her supposed hermaphrodism and would validate her claims of being bi-sexual. Well, Venus trine Uranus tends to like sexuality that is outside the norm anyway...
Looks like this poster was right on the money.

Reading through some of the pages in this thread, many comments said they saw Virgo rising with Mercury opposite asc. and Uranus square ascendant/Uranus dominant.
Unread 03-08-2015, 03:29 PM

I saw it on Astrotheme, too and wanted to post that.
I'm glad that we finally got a birth time that is possibly closest to the truth we could get.
In the beginning I thought an Earth Rising could be possible but later my guesses were really wrong.
But many of you (like Savanna already mentioned) saw Virgo Rising in her.You were right after all.
Unread 03-08-2015, 08:49 PM

Her ASC is on Amy Winehouse Sun/Mercury. Once she did mention about reason going blond: "People mistaken with Amy Winehouse. I loved her so much. I was nobody when she was first coming out. I have really dark hair and all the time on the street people would go, ‘Amy!’ And they would go, ‘Back In Black.’ They’d scream at me. I loved her and I just remember feeling like I wasn’t alone because she was so different and she was so special,”

When The Fame was released Uranus was square her MC and Neptune was trine it.
Unread 03-08-2015, 10:31 PM

Funny that Sun is in Aries, Moon is 15° Scorpio, Ascendant 25° Virgo... Shannen Doherty has the same placements.
Unread 03-08-2015, 11:18 PM

Cool Re: Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savanna View Post
Lady Gaga gave in birth time as 5:07pm in an instagram comment: http://www.astrotheme.fr/images/Lady...e_of_birth.jpg

Here is her chart:

OK, it's settled: Lady Gaga is a Virgo rising and her 1st house mostly represented by Libra. Her Mars and Neptune in 4th on the cusp marker of Sag and Cap, but nothing in her Aquarius...except Uranus in her Sag IC conjuncts Mars, Neptune and Saturn: a stellium of sorts. Her Venus in Aries near the cusp Taurus in the 8th: she's sexually powerful and open about herself, and an Aries-7th Sun with her Venus and True Node opposite Scorpio-2nd Moon.

Lady Gaga can be weird, bizarre and unconventional in her vocal talent (and those costumes on stage and concerts), but I believe she's very good at what she does. She is well-spoken on LGBT rights issues like Gay marriage (a shot in politics later in life?), which makes her a positive role model other than a "controversial" figure. And yes, she writes her own material, therefore an original, not "ripping off" Madonna like many critics claimed.
ellie (08-20-2015)
Unread 08-20-2015, 07:02 AM

Lady Gaga, as far as I know (from internet sources) is Sun in Aries, Ascendant in Virgo and Moon in Scorpio... So the Virgo ascendant calculation was most likely spot on, provided these sources hold any weight.
Personally though, I think it's a hard one to define purely on the basis of 'Lady Gaga wanting to perfect her image' since it's not uncommon to see women and MEN in showbiz becoming overly obsessed with personal appearance regardless of ascendant.
I imagine many other factors contribute in a chart to make a person 'obsessed' with altering parts of themselves to attain perfection for whatever reason.
I mean, look at Cameron Diaz for instance, as far as I know she is Libra ascendant, ruled by Venus, so there are strong factors associated with beauty but not so much the obsessive/critical qualities of Virgo, yet she too has had a lot work done!!
This to me could be 'perceived' to be just as obsessive as Lady Gaga, (different ascendants), I suspect with Cameron Diaz it is some emotional rejection of the aging process itself.
It is the driving force of our decisions that define us. The thought behind the action. And I believe this to be true for the accuracy of the ascendant when looking in from the outside.

I too am Aries Sun, Virgo ascendant and yes, I won't lie, I do have an unhealthy preoccupation with my physical appearance, however.. there is a but coming.. lol, I dress plainly, am not eccentric in way shape or form (mainly because I have no desire to stand out, in fact blending in is what I try to achieve), I don't like to wear make up except on RARE occasions and even then it will never be noticeable enough to 'stand out'.
I have a strong belief that first impressions are lasting ones and so I am more obsessed about how I 'appear' to others than anything else, as a protective mechanism I guess, and mainly because I am easily hurt by the judgement of others (something I am working on)
I do have the 'classic' youthful Mercurian appearance and therefore I go to extraordinary lengths to maintain it. I am not new to getting face peels, laser treatments (hair removal, waxing or other treatments), but does that really make me all that different to a non Virgo ascendant woman..?? I think not.

Honestly, it has taken me sometime to come to terms with my Virgo ascendant since it is not endowed with some of the more positive aspects of the other signs, it has however reinforced my belief that self-love and self-acceptance are an important part of the journey (if not the entire journey!) Realizing that we are all connected, smaller parts of a greater whole, as above so below.
Unread 08-20-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
OK, it's settled: Lady Gaga is a Virgo rising and her 1st house mostly represented by Libra. Her Mars and Neptune in 4th on the cusp marker of Sag and Cap, but nothing in her Aquarius...except Uranus in her Sag IC conjuncts Mars, Neptune and Saturn: a stellium of sorts. Her Venus in Aries near the cusp Taurus in the 8th: she's sexually powerful and open about herself, and an Aries-7th Sun with her Venus and True Node opposite Scorpio-2nd Moon.

Lady Gaga can be weird, bizarre and unconventional in her vocal talent (and those costumes on stage and concerts), but I believe she's very good at what she does. She is well-spoken on LGBT rights issues like Gay marriage (a shot in politics later in life?), which makes her a positive role model other than a "controversial" figure. And yes, she writes her own material, therefore an original, not "ripping off" Madonna like many critics claimed.
looks like I came into the fold a little too late...
Unread 09-17-2015, 03:20 PM

Okay, I know this thread is fairly old but I felt the need to reply:

1. A Libra Ascendent doesn't determine whether someone's "edgy" or not and even if it did, Lady Gaga doesn't strike me as particular "edgy" whatever that means. What has she done that hasn't been done before? Linder Sterling of the punk band Ludus wore a meat dress back in the 80's...
2. A Libra Ascendent doesn't necessarily make you "beautiful" either. I'm pretty sure genetics does that. Most of the Libra rising people I know (and I know quite a few) come off as more level headed and diplomatic than they do conventionally attractive.
3. The whole "hermaphrodite" thing would actually make a lot of sense if she WAS a Libra rising. Hermaphroditis is actually a very Libran deity if you ask me. Libra is all about balance, the reconciliation between two opposites. In this case, the balance between the two sexes.

She strikes me as more of a Gemini but I could see Libra. She definitely gives off a very airy vibe. She comes off as very ditzy and AIRheaded in interviews, but still probably smart, more scatter-brained than anything else.

She comes off as a little bit fake though I don't think there is any one sign or element or aspect or whatever that can determine that...after all, if you're being true to your chart, you're being true to yourself, aren't you?

Astrotheme actually said that she was a Gemini Asc for the longest time and I totally bought it, especially because of the Pisces Midheaven. There's something very mystical and otherworldly about her public image, and the whole "little monster" thing always seemed pretty cultish, from my point of view...like she's the savior to her fans. Pisces is associated with music and Venus is exalted in Pisces, so I can definitely see it.

I vaguely remember reading about how she liked to mix and match parts of other people's styles and personas and make it her own, which seems like a very Gemini thing.

But if she's a Virgo Ascendant, she's a Virgo Ascendant, no matter what I think. I'm not gonna lie, I'm sort of surprised. She never really striked me as earthy in interviews. But as other people have said, what we know is her public image. She could be very different in real life and I've heard that she was. I don't actually know her. I'm not a huge fan of her either so my knowledge of even her public persona is limited. A Gemini Midheaven makes sense and the Virgo Ascendant might explain why she seems like she tries too hard (no offense to Virgos...I only say this because Virgo is associated with work, skill and service)

Tags
ascendant, astrotheme, care, confirmed, gaga, guess, lady, rising, sagittarius