Neptune and Other Outers: This Time It's Personal

Birch Dragon

Your reflections were inspiring for me.

Wow, Nadine... high praise! I'm touched. What's the emoticon for "blushing happily?"
I've generally assumed from the start that most people skip over my posts because they're too long. I fully admit I'm too much of a natural essayist to master the subtle art of the internet post. As a genre its a little too direct and compact for my natural tendencies...
Well... that and also all posts are essentially self-oriented. But I have to admit, that's mostly because I don't feel qualified yet to go about making statements or giving advice to others about their charts. I'm pretty much limited to either asking questions or trying to feel out astro-insights through the lens of my own chart...

Our charts or very similar, Virgo asc, Pluto libra first, Uranus second ,,and Neptune, NN, at IC but far removed from the conjunct like 8 and 10 degrees separation. And my Neptune is mutual reception to Jupiter. I wonder how close our birthdays are.?

And this really interests me. I'd love to see your chart --- and compare similarities and differences. Especially if our outer planets are in such similar positions but our personal planets are in different positions (if they are), there could be a lot to learn about the effects of the outer planets by comparing where our lives seem similar and where they seem different!

Last edited:

kaali

Hi Birch Dragon, just thought I would chime in on this thread... I have Cap Neptune conjunct Dsc, also conjunct Sun in 7th along with Saturn and NN. I do think Neptune relates to the collective unconscious, and dissolving the "ego" seems to be a main focus in my chart, which comes with its challenges. Since you have Neptune in Sagittarius (conjunct my moon by the way) I'm sure this would relate strongly to universal love, seeing humanity as one, justice, etc. as you were saying, and Neptune in Cap brings that idealism to the ways humanity interacts with political and economic structures. But with Neptune there's also disillusionment...

Not sure if you still check back on this thread, but if so I'm curious about your experiences with Neptune-IC. Was your family very spiritual or religious?

Last edited:

Birch Dragon

Hi kaali,
I've noticed you have another thread going where you're talking about experiencing a Neptune square natal moon transit (is that right? I never realized it until now, but I must be having a Neptune-square-natal Neptune moment, then...?)
I think I'm still working out a deeper understanding of the Neptune/Moon relationship. In my chart they're in a less-than-one-degree trine (though not partile), with Jupiter right in between them. I'm realizing more about my chart since being on AW. There's a series of "friendly" aspects - trines and sextiles - all connected, all running though Yang signs, in my chart, of which Neptune and Moon are a part. I think I must experience a lot of the positive aspects of these planets and their connections. And I probably want to see the most positive aspects as well.
BUT, I've been doing a lot of "inner work" over the past year, reflected I think in the effects of that Grand Cross formation on my chart, and I've been realizing how the positive, inspirational aspects of Neptune in my own life are blended up, maybe inextricably, with bad aspects.
The trick is this Neptune topic, it turns out, really is very personal, and I don't want to get too personal on a website. But I'll say that I think my Neptune/Saturn opposition is at least partially related/created by the dynamics of my parents. Neptune seems to reflect my mother. You asked if I was raised in a religious home and that's a difficult question to answer. On the surface, I was raised in a home utterly, purposefully, devoid of religious or spiritual talk or sentiment. But my mother is deeply in tune with something that we might call the spiritual. Certainly psychic, but more importantly I think, deeply empathic, compassionate and caring, and she has passed it to one degree or another to all her children. She's loaded with Virgo energy. But my father purposefully and explicitly repressed religion/spirituality in our house. So it was both there and not. It was there deeply but totally implicitly. Profoundly but invisibly and unnamed.
At the same time, there's a lot of emotional poison - a lot of toxicity - coming from this Neptunian side of my family. A lot of empathy and compassion, but too many blurring lines too. There's a tendency in my family to serious messiness and entanglements, in a way that can become morally corrupt. More, with my current "inner work" I've come to realize just how poisoned my sense of self-love is. Not only do I have very little, but I think self-love is bad, even disgusting. I don't know if other astrologers would see it this way but I really see the themes of the Virgo-Pisces axis strongly expressed in Christianity, and I think in my Neptune on the IC (met probably with my Virgo Ascendant) I can see the highest and lowest tendencies of the Christian faith. Christianity understands that love is the highest aspect a human can strive for, even to the point of self sacrifice. But this sense of self sacrifice can become really dysfunctional.
Personal, personal, personal.

I'd be interested in seeing your chart, kaali. It sounds like you have a lot going on around your Descendant, and that's an aspect I've been thinking about a lot lately as well. I think it's an important part of the natal chart that, frankly, I'm not sure astrologers in general have thought about deeply enough... I see a lot more on the Asc., MC and even the IC...

Last edited:

kaali

Yeah honestly you have some really positive aspects, your chart is very nice to look at lol. But yes Neptune is transiting your natal Neptune and IC which could be prompting you to explore this particular topic more in depth. I've studied astrology for a while now but am just starting to realize and appreciate the mature/comprehensive approach this forum takes to analyzing charts compared to some of the other online communities, so this thread caught my attention even though it's from a while ago..

Thanks for sharing about your family.. Very interesting considering you also have IC conjunct Antares, which to put it simplistically can involve intense battles between the archetypes of good and evil, and is also strongly tied to fighting against moral corruption. Incidentally, I chose the name kaali after learning I have the asteroid kaali conjunct my Moon and Antares, so imo it's definitely an interesting theme. Anyway with Aldebaran conjunct your MC, I would think you'd be able to use these "lessons" in a very beneficial way publically speaking. When you mention self-love, that could relate to your Chiron-Sun aspect making you somewhat of a "wounded healer", deeply caring for others but not always able to extend the same compassion to yourself, especially considering this is in Aries. I have Chiron in 1st opposite my Sun so I can relate in a way.

Also I completely agree about the Pisces/Virgo axis strongly relating to Christianity. Weird that you mention it, that's a topic I could ramble on forever about but I'll refrain lol. But yes I agree the negative side of Neptune is "self-sacrifice" which can cross over into martyr behavior or deception. I think Pisces/Neptune does represent love and spirituality in its "purest" form, which can be expressed in Christianity, but honestly something makes me very uneasy about that whole concept, although again that's a whole different tangent.

You mentioned your mother having psychic abilities, and that's a word I would definitely associate with Neptune. In my own chart, considering 7th house is the house of "the other", I think all of that emphasis really waters down what could otherwise be strong Cap/Saturn energy, but it has to be directed through connecting with others which can sometimes be on a very spiritual or intuitive level. But then again it can really blur the lines of my own identity and I'd rather not cater to the overly self-sacrificing side of Neptune so it's a frustrating part of my chart. Anyway sorry that this post ended up being really long and I haven't exactly stuck to the original topic.. But sure I'll post my chart, we actually have very interesting synastry

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_a_74284_50379natal.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_a_74284_50379natal.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Birch Dragon

Yeah honestly you have some really positive aspects, your chart is very nice to look at lol.
I hope you mean that. I've been thinking a lot about the hard aspects since I've come on here - mainly the Saturn/Neptune/Mercury t-square. But I do notice a lot of trines and sextiles running together and frankly I want to know more about them. So, this comment makes me :happy:

I've studied astrology for a while now but am just starting to realize and appreciate the mature/comprehensive approach this forum takes to analyzing charts ...
I do too. Very much.

Anyway sorry that this post ended up being really long and I haven't exactly stuck to the original topic.. But sure I'll post my chart, we actually have very interesting synastry
Not at all. Please, write twice as much! I'm here to hear stories, see how others read charts, dialogue about it, etc.
I think I've noticed your chart on this site before. But to be honest, I've noticed quite a number of people posting on this site recently born in that moment when planets were dog-piling in Capricorn.
As a note for the future: with all those planets in the 6th and 7th house, you're somebody I'm going to want to talk about the Descendant with. Get your views on life with a chart so focused in that area, and your responses to my growing thoughts on it...

Thanks for sharing about your family.. Very interesting considering you also have IC conjunct Antares, which to put it simplistically can involve intense battles between the archetypes of good and evil, and is also strongly tied to fighting against moral corruption. Incidentally, I chose the name kaali after learning I have the asteroid kaali conjunct my Moon and Antares, so imo it's definitely an interesting theme. Anyway with Aldebaran conjunct your MC, I would think you'd be able to use these "lessons" in a very beneficial way publically speaking.

I've only just discovered Aldebaran and Antares this month. Astro.com has these stars off of my MC/IC by a few minutes, but on several sites I've read they place Aldebaran at Gemini 9 47, which is the exact minute of my MC. That's what made me sit up and take notice, and now I'm looking to learn more about their significance. I've read a few things on the Internet but, to be honest, what you've just written here is probably the most resonant thought I've read so far...

You mentioned your mother having psychic abilities, and that's a word I would definitely associate with Neptune. In my own chart, considering 7th house is the house of "the other", I think all of that emphasis really waters down what could otherwise be strong Cap/Saturn energy, but it has to be directed through connecting with others which can sometimes be on a very spiritual or intuitive level. But then again it can really blur the lines of my own identity and I'd rather not cater to the overly self-sacrificing side of Neptune so it's a frustrating part of my chart. [
That ol' Neptune Saturn dynamic keeps coming up!

Last edited:

kaali

I hope you mean that. I've been thinking a lot about the hard aspects since I've come on here - mainly the Saturn/Neptune/Mercury t-square. But I do notice a lot of trines and sextiles running together and frankly I want to know more about them. So, this comment makes me :happy:

I do mean it, personally I think sextiles are more interesting than trines since they integrate different elements, but you have lots of both and the outer planets were working in harmony to connect them. Plus that T square isn't so bad... I'm curious though what it's like having Pisces mercury as your only water planet. Both your Asc and MC are ruled by Mercury conjunct your Dsc, which is co-ruled by Neptune on your IC, so that's quite an interesting pattern!

I've noticed quite a number of people posting on this site recently born in that moment when planets were dog-piling in Capricorn.
As a note for the future: with all those planets in the 6th and 7th house, you're somebody I'm going to want to talk about the Descendant with. Get your views on life with a chart so focused in that area, and your responses to my growing thoughts on it...

That ol' Neptune Saturn dynamic keeps coming up!

No problem, I've been thinking about the Asc/Dsc axis more too lately. But yeah it really is a tug of war with Neptune and Saturn... And having everything in Cap plus Scorpio Pluto, I really think our generation will be responsible for changing some of the structures in society in major ways. The last time Uranus and Neptune were conjunct in Cap was the beginning of the industrial revolution. This time around the late 80s/early 90s marked the beginning of neoliberal capitalism, free market trade, etc. but there's no way to sustain that system and the glory days are coming to an end.. I think our generation will be left to pick up the pieces or come up with a new plan (not that I foresee that going smoothly though). Anyway I guess on a personal level it just makes it difficult to settle into a mundane life or even choose a solid career path, and having a Pisces MC doesn't help with that. Although maybe that's just a Neptunian cop-out, I'm not sure hah.

So I guess getting back to your original question about outer planets becoming personal, I think they represent the collective energy going on at the time, but connections to angles and inner planets can show how certain people will engage in that...

Birch Dragon

Also I completely agree about the Pisces/Virgo axis strongly relating to Christianity. Weird that you mention it, that's a topic I could ramble on forever about but I'll refrain lol.

Actually, I'd like to read that ramble some day. Whenever you've got time to type it all out!

Flapjacks

Without going into detail (because I could write a book, and hope to...) the grand conundrum is that of Universal Love vs. Earthly Power, and sometimes Universal Love vs. Justice.
As human beings we want to love. We are called to love by God and each other. Ask any random group of our highest moral and spiritual purpose and I'm pretty convinced the number one answer is going to be "to love." And yet, as human beings we live in an earthly plane that seems to demand (don't know if it has to demand) all sorts of organization - institutional or otherwise - all sorts of boundaries, and importantly, power to get things done, that are perennially creating conditions and demands antithetical to universal love. In a capitalist system of limited resources, somebody has to not eat. In any hierarchical institution - from a business to a university - somebody has to be the bottom-end whipping boy. We have to make choices about where to put our necessarily limited resources and means.
Grand heroes of mine like Gandhi and Martin Luther King spent their adult lives figuring out how to integrate power and universal love. Nonviolence is nothing if it isn't an attempt to infuse the earthly, the institutional, the political, with universal love. And yet (and this I think is Pluto's influence) I simply can't take an honest, penetrating look and the conundrum and not think that Love and the institutions of Power - from the elite to the local - are at war. Saturn's weapon is the power to crush. Neptune's weapon is just to dissolve Saturn and all it's boundaries and institutions right out of existence.
So as Mercury sits in the middle of this battle of the Titans, trying to study, theorize and sort it all out, it naturally sides with Neptune (because it's in Pisces?) But it sees that, enacting this battle in the earthly plane, Saturn is on home ground and has the advantage. Perhaps because Mercury is in the 7th (?) - I already see the most pragmatic answer is some kind of compromise and negotiation between these two Titans.. but I just don't want to dilute Neptune's higher effects. (Alcoholism, grand delusions: I'll let Saturn take those away.)

It looks like you were born a few weeks after my boyfriend. I couldn't help but think of him while reading this post in particular, and this was before I looked at your chart! He has written three books, though none finished to his liking. His Mercury is 2 degrees from yours, also square Saturn.

He does not have Neptune on an angle but in the 10th house, and he has a Pisces stellium, Sun, Mercury and Venus conjunct, opposing Moon in Virgo and forming a t-square with Saturn at apex. He also has Cap AC conjunct Mars.

He is very concerned with the philosophical underpinnings of social frameworks that are unspoken or blindly followed. He hates insurance, for instance. He hates everything about it (the sun moon opposition occurs in the 2nd and 8th houses, with Pluto also in the 8th). I've always seen those preoccupations coming from that Saturn/Neptune opposition in Libra and Sagittarius. There is this drive to make the world better, to have faith in people, but being constantly disappointed in how those people respond to things like authority and power. He has a lot of ideas that fundamentally change certain systems and institutions (9H Uranus trine Saturn and square Mars; he doesn't feel these changes are valid unless he acts as an example of change, instead of just telling others how to change).

He's especially interested in the question "why do we feel the need to create institutions?" Not because he thinks we don't need them, exactly, but because he thinks that such a question should be considered thoroughly before forming one. He believes an institution should always be able to be dissolved once it is no longer useful; but that's the catch - an institution is designed to protect itself. Saturn tries to hold it's ground against Neptune when they work against each other. These sentiments affect him to his core, this opposition touching on all the other aspects of his chart.

The difference is that he has a strong earthy element which helps him to integrate both the Neptune and the Saturn; it is clear in his own mind how it should be.

It is interesting the Neptune on IC with an Aries stellium -- Aries having defined itself after the sign of Pisces dissolves itself. It sort of gives a "phoenix from the ashes" vibe. Capricorn is like an "evolved" Aries in the sense that it takes the lessons to the next level. Your NN there and your Saturn in 10th, 10th ruled by Mercury (Lord of Chart and on angle), seem to say that you'll achieve whatever you are after, to me. It goes back to that 4th house... the "roots", where Neptune lives and where there are beginnings and ends that perhaps don't have the usual boundaries. At least, that's getting flowery with it. :lol:

Last edited:

Birch Dragon

kaali and Flapjacks,
Both of you, I'm very thankful for your recent posts on this thread, and I wanted to respond.
I'm trying to establish for myself a kind of ratio rule where I post at least about 5 or 6 posts on other people's charts or interesting ideas in their own right to every 1 post I make selfishly about my own chart. And I think I'm due an indulgant post :biggrin::whistling:

It looks like you were born a few weeks after my boyfriend. I couldn't help but think of him while reading this post in particular, and this was before I looked at your chart!

Flapjacks, your boyfriend sounds like somebody I'd like to meet someday. I was fascinated to read everything you said about him... it sounds like we're absorbed in very similar themes/conundrums in life. If ever he's tempted to be astro-analyzed by a bunch of random strangers on a public internet forum (who wouldn't! :wink:) I'd love to see his natal chart.

kaali said:
personally I think sextiles are more interesting than trines since they integrate different elements, but you have lots of both and the outer planets were working in harmony to connect them. Plus that T square isn't so bad... I'm curious though what it's like having Pisces mercury as your only water planet. Both your Asc and MC are ruled by Mercury conjunct your Dsc, which is co-ruled by Neptune on your IC, so that's quite an interesting pattern!
It is interesting the Neptune on IC with an Aries stellium -- Aries having defined itself after the sign of Pisces dissolves itself. It sort of gives a "phoenix from the ashes" vibe. Capricorn is like an "evolved" Aries in the sense that it takes the lessons to the next level. Your NN there and your Saturn in 10th, 10th ruled by Mercury (Lord of Chart and on angle), seem to say that you'll achieve whatever you are after, to me. It goes back to that 4th house... the "roots", where Neptune lives and where there are beginnings and ends that perhaps don't have the usual boundaries. At least, that's getting flowery with it. :lol:

So here comes the indulgence. You both said a few quick things that are very insightful about my chart, I think, and very interesting to me.
If I initially got interested in astrology at a very early age, I dropped it for a long decade there as I focused on academic studies and my career. So when I came onto this site about six months ago I thought I knew a thing or two about my own chart but wanted to go deeper, and quickly discover just how little I knew and how much deeper I really had to go. Since then I've picked up a lot and think I've already come a long way, but really I'm only now in the process of digging beyond a beginner's read.

So let me respond to these two things you've said - kaali on Mercury in Pisces and Flapjacks on Aries in the 8th - because they've both struck a major chord with me.

In my very first thread on this site I was (rightly) chastised by greybeard for not looking at the whole chart in concert and since then I've been paying a lot of attention to way the planets combine to make a symphony.
What I'm seeing right now in my own chart are essentially two grand patterns, superimposed upon each other.
The first pattern is essentially five points in a six-pointed-star formation. Excluding Mercury, all the planets in my chart are in Yang signs (covering all the Yang signs but Leo). And if we exclude Uranus for a moment, all those planets run through the Yang Zodiac, from Libra to Gemini, making trines and sextiles. I've even noticed that they actually go in an order where the degrees are ascending (Pluto at 2 degrees, Neptune and the Mars/Jupiter conj. around 7 degrees, Aries Stuff between 6 and 14 degrees, Saturn at 15). And amidst all that uranus isn't quite left out. he makes a wide orbed trine to Saturn after all.
So that seems lovely and really very harmonious.
But then this one planet comes in - Mercury - and creates a whole other pattern. Mercury on the Descendent winds up highlighting the angular cross, I think, slashing right through that almost-a-star pattern. I wind up with this angular T-square which this thread has graciously been discussing, and of course Mercury is Virgo's ruler so it's working with the Asc. In fact, as you already clearly see, kaali, there's a deep association going on here. Asc and MC are in Virgo and Gemini respectively (with Saturn close to MC), which brings us to Mercury. Mercury is in Pisces which bring us to Neptune. And Neptune is on the IC. Tight knit.
So the "one water planet" situation is interesting to me. With Virgo Asc and five planets across all three air signs, I should be Mr. Spock. But I'm very much not. Now, I have the capacity for serious analytic and logic power - even though I don't value it as much as the circles I travel in do. (I think it has an important place, but I've learned that against natural instincts not to value it.) But my clear natural tendency is to feel, and to think synthetically and musically. I naturally go with my feelings and intuitions over my thoughts and logic - and my intuitions and feelings are usually faster and more correct than my logic is anyway. I naturally see things synthetically - bound together as wholes - rather than analytically - the relationships between component pieces. I started life as a musician. That was my first attempt at something like a career. I was very good at it and my musical expression was a raw pouring out of emotion. It was not the controlled, disciplined expression of a classical cellist. It was intuitive and entirely emotive - and the music of the time. But from the moment I popped out of the womb it was pretty clear I was going to be a thinker. My mother used to call me her little professor. And so my life's journey took me away from music and towards academia. But amongst academics I'm different. I stress feeling in my work in a way most academics push against, for example. And Here I am on an astrology forum. Etc.
So only now, building a deeper understanding of this chart, can I start to explain this to myself. It must be that this one planet in water winds up exerting a huge influence on me - and may explain why I have more tendencies associated with water than I should have:
1) Mercury rules the chart, but winds up in Pisces, and right there I think that manifests as an effort across my life to balance analysis and synthesis, logic and feeling.
2) Mercury deposits into Neptune, and that ties back to everything on this thread. I think now that everything my heart and mind is doing comes back to Neptune. And that's exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't have sen with a beginner's read of the chart. I would have just thought, "one water planet, I guess I'm not supposed to feel much" and then walked away without giving astrology much credit because it doesn't actually fit my experiences with my own self.
3) But, my journey has been one of moving away from being dominated by Neptune and moving towards the intellectual discipline of Saturn in Gemini (near the MC). From musician to professor. From feeler to disciplined feeler/thinker. Which is why I'm so interested in what Kannon said earlier in this thread about the point of the life to be to move from the IC to the MC. If that's true that would explain a lot to me.
Finally on this point, kaali, I wonder if your Neptune on the Descendent has a similar effect as my Mercury in Pisces does in regards to empathy. I've begun to decide, after reading and listening to people on this sight, that both Libra and the 7th house have to do with a kind of intellectual empathy - where we imaginatively see into the perspectives and experiences of others. While Neptune and Pisces has to do with the more emotional empathy, where we feel the feelings of others, feel for others, and even feel as though we are losing our ego boundaries and becoming one with others. Empathy is something that comes all too naturally to me and I've even had to learn some Saturnian boundary-making in life. I wonder how it is with you? Neptune in Cap (and Saturn there too, right?) might make for a different and more interesting dynamic than mine. But I'd like to hear abotu how you experience empathy in your life, kaali... (If that's o.k. to share...)

And now that I've gone overboard and written too much (surprise surprise), I just want to come back to Flapjacks and say of the "phoenix out of the ashes" vibe that no astrologer has said that to me yet, and yet I think that's exactly right. I have read that Plutonic people will experience "chapters" in their life, sharp break after sharp break, that are very obvious (not just internal) and transformative like a snake molding its skin. I don;t like to think of myself as a "Plutonic" person, but until the last decade I did a lot of skin-molting. A number of sharp, immediate, revolutionary breaks where everything changed and I had to emerge renewed out of little deaths. It's a theme. The "radical restructuring of the whole life" thing has thankfully seemed to calm down with age, but to my great shock and surprise I started to undergo one of these transformations at an inner level last year, and I'm still going through it. I thought they were over, but I recognized it once it started happening again.
But I really appreciate that you note the Aries as the "phoenix" part of this. I see that this may very well be colored by the way Aries and Scorpio energy are closely knit in my chart (Pluto in first house, Aries stuff in 8th) but I do tend to see Aries, like you suggest, as the Resurrection (with all its spiritual connotations) after Pisces dissolves the ego into the universe...

As for your final comments on Aries moving to Capricorn, Flapjacks, I have to stay silent on that here, exactly because it's too big to launch into. You've struck the topic I think I'm dealing with right now. Figuring out the right direction my personal evolution is supposed to take... You've already located it in my chart, in ways I've been struggled to understand for decades...!

Thanks both of you for wonderful comments and for indulging me in these things about my own chart that obviously I'm excited to share with astro-minded people.
:biggrin:

Last edited:

Flapjacks

kaali and Flapjacks,
Both of you, I'm very thankful for your recent posts on this thread, and I wanted to respond.
I'm trying to establish for myself a kind of ratio rule where I post at least about 5 or 6 posts on other people's charts or interesting ideas in their own right to every 1 post I make selfishly about my own chart. And I think I'm due an indulgant post :biggrin::whistling:

Haha! I do that, too. It's easy to get paranoid. :rightful:

Flapjacks, your boyfriend sounds like somebody I'd like to meet someday. I was fascinated to read everything you said about him... it sounds like we're absorbed in very similar themes/conundrums in life. If ever he's tempted to be astro-analyzed by a bunch of random strangers on a public internet forum (who wouldn't! :wink:) I'd love to see his natal chart.

I think he'd really like you from what you write. He was also a cellist when he was in high school and is interested in music (he plays piano the most now days). I'm curious, do you also write poetry at all? He's very good, and since you both are into writing and music, maybe also poetry as well?

He's interested in astrology but not as much as I am. I don't think he'd want his chart read on a forum, though, which is why I didn't post it. But your Mercury being in almost exact degree to his and the birth chart being few weeks off besides gives a great comparison to how your Mercury is working, to me.

Another kinda neat thing is my Mars is conjunct his North Node 1 deg... which means also conjunct your NN 2 deg. Maybe why I might actually say helpful things for you? :pinched:

In my very first thread on this site I was (rightly) chastised by greybeard for not looking at the whole chart in concert and since then I've been paying a lot of attention to way the planets combine to make a symphony.

I think that's true of every beginner that comes on this forum... :whistling:
So only now, building a deeper understanding of this chart, can I start to explain this to myself. It must be that this one planet in water winds up exerting a huge influence on me - and may explain why I have more tendencies associated with water than I should have:
1) Mercury rules the chart, but winds up in Pisces, and right there I think that manifests as an effort across my life to balance analysis and synthesis, logic and feeling.
2) Mercury deposits into Neptune, and that ties back to everything on this thread. I think now that everything my heart and mind is doing comes back to Neptune. And that's exactly the kind of thing I wouldn't have sen with a beginner's read of the chart. I would have just thought, "one water planet, I guess I'm not supposed to feel much" and then walked away without giving astrology much credit because it doesn't actually fit my experiences with my own self.
3) But, my journey has been one of moving away from being dominated by Neptune and moving towards the intellectual discipline of Saturn in Gemini (near the MC). From musician to professor. From feeler to disciplined feeler/thinker. Which is why I'm so interested in what Kannon said earlier in this thread about the point of the life to be to move from the IC to the MC. If that's true that would explain a lot to me.

This is a really great analysis of the chart. I want to add that it's not just "moving away" from Neptune, perhaps, but drawing from it and bringing it into your 10th house realm. As you said, balance. Which you explain very well with being highly intuitive within an academic atmosphere, and using that to offer something unique. The IC is where you can draw strength as you grow.

But I'd like to hear abotu how you experience empathy in your life, kaali... (If that's o.k. to share...)

I'd be interested to hear this, too. Neptune in Cap is hard to understand.

But I really appreciate that you note the Aries as the "phoenix" part of this. I see that this may very well be colored by the way Aries and Scorpio energy are closely knit in my chart (Pluto in first house, Aries stuff in 8th) but I do tend to see Aries, like you suggest, as the Resurrection (with all its spiritual connotations) after Pisces dissolves the ego into the universe...

Scorpio's traditional ruler is Mars, too, they are not so far off from each other, just different approaches, I think. The Aries --> Pisces and Scorpio comparison is really intriguing to me, perhaps having my own NN in Aries and 12th house, ruled my Mars in 8th.

As for your final comments on Aries moving to Capricorn, Flapjacks, I have to stay silent on that here, exactly because it's too big to launch into. You've struck the topic I think I'm dealing with right now. Figuring out the right direction my personal evolution is supposed to take... You've already located it in my chart, in ways I've been struggled to understand for decades...!

Wow, that's a big compliment. If it is ok to say, IC is a point where we form initial patterns or habits that we come to rely on, connected to the 4th is close family, ancestors and living conditions. Personally (maybe just me, I expect to be corrected by greybeard or someone more knowledgeable) I feel like Neptune always goes back to shifting boundaries. It's really all Neptune is about. Dreams, psychic abilities, illusions, fog. So at the IC, early habits or patterns with family and living conditions had unclear boundaries potentially, possibly causing a lack of stability (Saturn opposition), so dealing with that is important to reaching a sense of purpose. I hope it is a useful way to think about it. Sag and Jupiter, the sign and ruler it occurs in, would add more to that analysis, of course! Expectations come to mind, or someone important being absent (Saggy likes to travel). Don't want to ignore the symphony. :whistling:

(also, no need to respond to this... I just hope it's helpful)

Thanks both of you for wonderful comments and for indulging me in these things about my own chart that obviously I'm excited to share with astro-minded people.
:biggrin:

Thank you! I don't know how kaali feels, but I feel indulgent reading about your chart. :innocent: I really like to read what you have to say in general. You are very kind and considerate, so don't feel like you are being selfish here!

greybeard said:
Birch, I am appalled by your unmitigated self-indulgence.

I try to avoid chat-speak on forums, but ... LOL.

kimbermoon

April 17th
In my own early training, it was suggested that the outer planets are highly generational when factored together, showing the social/political/economic influences of each generation. In that regard they were considered non-personal, unless in contact with the personal planets. I have yet to see a chart where there are no personal contacts between the two.
I would mention another lesson showing that the difference between the 'transpersonal and the personal' is a matter of 'octaves' [expression] of the energies. Uranus is said to be the higher octave of Mercury; Neptune the higher octave of Venus; while Pluto is the higher octave of Mars. In essence then the personal planets represent the lower experiences on the mundane level, while the higher octaves relate to higher and more awakened awareness in a more transcendental, or spiritual way. There is a special connection between these planets, and while at the lower level we are apt to experience hardship or challenge by lack of understanding, at the higher level by transcending the lower nature and instincts, we gain greater vision, inspiration and spiritual insight, as it applies to the 'Universal All'. Neptune of course represents the essence of SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND AWARENESS;
Uranus represents the CREATIVE INTELLECT, that allows us to find our way out of hardship and blockages; and while Mars represents the personal will directed through personal action and momentum, Pluto is the grand master of DIVINE POWER- the application of will.

Together Jupiter and Saturn are denoted as the social and developmental energies, while the personal energies are just that.

With the generation of Neptune/Uranus conjunct in the chart, the two must be considered as working together as a pair themselves. Uranus then is attempting to raise the consciousness and awareness of the Creative Intellect, so that the spirituality and transcendence of Neptune can be revealed. This 'Indigo synthesis' has not been experienced for many generations, which serves to set them apart from the norm. For these individuals the influence of Capricorn is particularly strong. Seems to me that Neptune in Capricorn can be quite hardened against spirituality, on the one hand, yet may also be overly conforming to religious doctrines and dogma; enter Uranus to stir it all up, as the rebellious one. In this case [kaali] we find the conjunction approaching the DESC, while still contained in the 6th at birth. Consider then that while there is no connection between Venus and Neptune noted here, the connection is alternately raised by the energy of Neptune being the higher octave of Venus, which in turn is afflicted by the opposition of Jupiter. Thus to achieve the inspiration, vision and 'clarification' of Neptune, the conflict between these other two must be somehow resolved, realizing also that Jupiter is often associated with spirituality. Something else to consider...

Birch Dragon

Birch, I am appalled by your unmitigated self-indulgence.

The NERVE of me.
Especially since, greybeard, I've never seen you have anything like the same self-indulgent spew.
I barely even know what your chart looks like. Do you even have one???!!!

There should be two "Thanks" buttons. A genuine "thanks!" And a sarcastic "gee... thanks."
"Thanks:happy:" and "Thanks:unsure:"

Maybe I could work up a 5:1 ratio of "Thanks:happy:" to "Thanks:unsure:"

:wink:

Last edited:

Birch Dragon

kimbermoon, great post! As always. Thank you. Your posts never fail to teach me something and/ or spark interesting thoughts. Neptune as the higher vibration of Venus makes a great deal of sense to me. In fact, I went back and read this thread last night (I find I sometimes miss the depth of what people are offering on first read) and there was a post where I was talking about Venus and Neptune as manifestations of love, where Venus is more personal love and Neptune more universal, agapic love. Is that already understood as the general idea, then?
Also, I'd love to hear more from you and kaali both about this Indigo generation, and Kali's own sense of having Neptune on the Descendant.

Flapjacks,
This is a really great analysis of the chart. I want to add that it's not just "moving away" from Neptune, perhaps, but drawing from it and bringing it into your 10th house realm. As you said, balance. Which you explain very well with being highly intuitive within an academic atmosphere, and using that to offer something unique. The IC is where you can draw strength as you grow...

Scorpio's traditional ruler is Mars, too, they are not so far off from each other, just different approaches, I think. The Aries --> Pisces and Scorpio comparison is really intriguing to me, perhaps having my own NN in Aries and 12th house, ruled my Mars in 8th...

Wow, that's a big compliment. If it is ok to say, IC is a point where we form initial patterns or habits that we come to rely on, connected to the 4th is close family, ancestors and living conditions. Personally (maybe just me, I expect to be corrected by greybeard or someone more knowledgeable) I feel like Neptune always goes back to shifting boundaries. It's really all Neptune is about. Dreams, psychic abilities, illusions, fog. So at the IC, early habits or patterns with family and living conditions had unclear boundaries potentially, possibly causing a lack of stability (Saturn opposition), so dealing with that is important to reaching a sense of purpose. I hope it is a useful way to think about it. Sag and Jupiter, the sign and ruler it occurs in, would add more to that analysis, of course! Expectations come to mind, or someone important being absent (Saggy likes to travel). Don't want to ignore the symphony. :whistling:

I could sit back and read insights like this all day. All day.
If the gods had made me independently wealthy!!! :wink:

What you say here about not just "moving away from" but building on Neptune is really important for me, because my North Node remains in the fourth house. This is the piece that's probably really clear to other people but I have to keep reminding myself/working on. Build on Neptune (at the root) to get to Saturn.
I'll be thinking about that all day.
When I really need to be focusing on work instead.
Gee, Thanks Flapjacks!
"Thanks:unsure:"

(Joke! You have a good sense of humor. I know you know I'm kidding.)

Last edited:

Flapjacks

I'll be thinking about that all day.
When I really need to be focusing on work instead.
Gee, Thanks Flapjacks!
"Thanks:unsure:"

(Joke! You have a good sense of humor. I know you know I'm kidding.)

Your welcome:cool:

There should also be a "Thanks...:wink::wink:" button, methinks. And "ThanksButNoThanks:surprised:" This would most definitely improve how we communicate intentions on this forum. :lol: