oppositions among all personal planets in synastry: is it so terrible?

Blue Lioness

I met this girl last week and I've been attracted to her ever since. but there's something bothering me. all of her personal planets oppose my personal planets, except for the moon (they are conjunct in Cancer), as follows:

her Sun/Mercury/Mars in Aquarius are opposite my Sun/Mercury in Leo
her Venus in Capricorn is opposite my Venus in Cancer.

could all these oppositions among personal planets be at least interesting or good in a relationship? or oppositions can only be challenging?
note that I'm not asking for each one of their meaning, as I can read them in astrology cookbooks. I'm rather interested in what could all these oppositions mean as a whole for a potencial relationship. do this mean we could fight a lot?

on the other side, I see we have some interesting aspects and house positions in our synastry - just in case they can be of any help:

- my Venus/Moon/ASC in Cancer are in her 8th house
- her Moon in Cancer is in my 1st house, as her Jupiter in Leo
- my Sun in Leo is conjunct her MC
- her Sun/Mercury/Mars are in my 7th/8th houses
- my Jupiter is conjunct her DC
- my Mars is in her 5th house
- her ASC is in my 5th house

could anybody give me some light on this, please?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I met this girl last week and I've been attracted to her ever since. but there's something bothering me. all of her personal planets oppose my personal planets, except for the moon (they are conjunct in Cancer), as follows:

her Sun/Mercury/Mars in Aquarius are opposite my Sun/Mercury in Leo
her Venus in Capricorn is opposite my Venus in Cancer.

could all these oppositions among personal planets be at least interesting or good in a relationship? or oppositions can only be challenging?
note that I'm not asking for each one of their meaning, as I can read them in astrology cookbooks. I'm rather interested in what could all these oppositions mean as a whole for a potencial relationship. do this mean we could fight a lot?

on the other side, I see we have some interesting aspects and house positions in our synastry - just in case they can be of any help:

- my Venus/Moon/ASC in Cancer are in her 8th house
- her Moon in Cancer is in my 1st house, as her Jupiter in Leo
- my Sun in Leo is conjunct her MC
- her Sun/Mercury/Mars are in my 7th/8th houses
- my Jupiter is conjunct her DC
- my Mars is in her 5th house
- her ASC is in my 5th house

could anybody give me some light on this, please?

I think that the nature of relationship is oppositional, as in 1st 7th house. So I think a relationship can work just fine with oppositions in synastry. All relationships require ongoing cultivation. I don't see this one being any more fraught with problems than one with fewer oppositions. It all depends on how you see the oppositional events that you may expect and how you choose to react. And both Moons in Cancer seems very nice to me.

Very best,

Blue Lioness

I think that the nature of relationship is oppositional, as in 1st 7th house. So I think a relationship can work just fine with oppositions in synastry. All relationships require ongoing cultivation. I don't see this one being any more fraught with problems than one with fewer oppositions. It all depends on how you see the oppositional events that you may expect and how you choose to react. And both Moons in Cancer seems very nice to me.

Very best,

hey IleneK! thank you for answering :)
I also think our moon in Cancer help us to stay in the same frequency sometimes. but I think it's interesting what you said and it makes totally sense. I didn't think about the 1st-7th houses thing.
I was surprised at first because I never met someone with so many personal planets opposed to mine, and at the same time, I like this girl, we have a lot in common etc.

wan

You need some hard aspects in your charts in order to grow as people. If it's all trines and sextiles it can get boring.

craft94

Well, don't they always say that opposites attract? Opposite signs, such as Capricorn and Cancer or Libra and Aries are often considered "sister signs". If you're an Aries rising, you will have a Libra Descendant and if you're a Capricorn rising, you will have a Cancer Descendant and the Descendant and remember the Descendant shows what kind of person we'll be attracted to or what kind of relationships we will form. So I say oppositions, with personal planets, are actually good.

Izzy542

It would be better if you show us a synastry chart but from what you are mentioning in your post this is a very intense - interesting relationship. With some drama probably but it sound like it will be the love of your life. For me in a synastry, from practical experience all you need is
1. sun conjunction moon for emotional romantic love - here is the only place you can not have an opposition
2. The 5 and 8 house both in the same time (for both partners) active from personal planets,Mars or sun for great sexual attractiveness
- also for my personal preference I like veeery much the moon in 8house feeling for a deep love
3.of course we gonna need some tight aspects from saturns with asc or dc in order to have long term relationship
4. That comes from my observation only but Jupiter moon midpoints if there are any or asteroids planets in between of like venus,moon,sun or a conjuction will indicate marriage.

Now about oppositions I would not mind at all, but I would be interested in how much exact oppositions.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Ilene,

it does sound quite interesting from how you described the synastry. Since you are thinking about this person quite a bit I'm wondering if you have any significant aspects to Pluto in either synastry or composite. If you do, things get really interesting. (Especially check for Pluto aspecting AC, Sun, or Venus)