What are the do's and don'ts during Neptune aspects?

pschutz

Hello everybody,

I found a lot of descriptons of what Neptune transits/progressions bring but I haven't found what are good/bad, what are recommended activities etc. I have a friend that curently has both Neptune transits to Sun, Asc (squares and opp) and Neptune secondary progressions to IC (conj) and also progressed Moon in 12th house ... So how to survive this, any good guides?

pschutz

Yes, but that's the most general and not very useful information. My friend is not in to any drugs by personality setup, Neptune doesn't awaken any such tendencies. She is working as a translator, there is no room for creative pursuits. Her birth horoscope is earth, earth, third house and some fire.

waybread

pschutz, do you have a chart to post? Because Neptune natally will show up by sign, house, and aspects, which will say something about how this person is hard-wired regarding Neptune.

Where Neptune hits the angles by transit or progression, and then either as a conjunction or opposition, obviously one's outward personality, career or public image, home life, and the committed relationship (if any) get affected.

The thing about Neptune, though, is that it doesn't deal in reality. Neptune gives us highs and lows, the beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment, but it misses the reality in between.

This is why Neptune is good in the arts, where it augments Venus in creative realms. I personally think Neptune is the modern ruler of film (cinema.) Really what goes on in film-making are actors, a director, stage sets, make-up costumes, a sound crew, cameras, editing, and so on. But the illusion of reality (or an animated fantasy world) in the finished film. can feel very real.

I've also seen it prominent in the charts of scientists. I think the reason is that scientific research is essentially a quest into the unknown for new knowledge. If information were known, there would be no point in conducting research on it.

Neptune in hard aspect to the "me" points of the chart (sun, moon, ascendant) can bring about a crisis of self-confidence. Neptune tends to dissolve or erase what it touches. This loss of identity markers is really hard for some people.

Good activities? It depends upon the chart, but generally the fine and performing arts, as an aficionado, if not as an artist. Anyone can keep a journal or sketch book, where s/he can put Neptunian images to paper. Anything to do with the sea. Where Mars is involved, a sport like swimming or sailing. If the person is so inclined, spiritual pursuits. (Jupiter rules conventional religion: Neptune is more into mysticism.)

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
Have few Hard Aspetcs of Neptune in natal chart. I don't take drugs, alcohol or smoke etc. I'm neither connected to art, crafts etc too. My only problem is I'm delusional. Tried but failed to get out. Reality Disappoints Me.

kore

For people that don't like arts and crafts during Neptune hard transits, do charity. Help the elderly, homeless, children. Your friend is earth/fire so she's already doing that-- helping people though her translating job. Progressed moon through 12th is a difficult transit. That could hinder her job. Requires lots of quiet alone time. Walking, reading, yoga, meditation or praying.

Sweet Pea

Lots of good advice so far....

Neptune can make you feel apathetic and lazy about sorting things out that need sorting out. You may feel less responsible, less organised, less capable of just dealing sensibly with the real world. Some things can be left to slide, others can't (like renewing insurance, getting car checked, fixing dripping taps, etc). Water issues and problems can become a real theme - nip them in the bud!

All kinds of addictions to 'anything' can grow under a Neptune transit or progression. If not drink and drugs, then staying in bed all day watching endless box-sets of soap opera TV. Eating an entire packet of biscuits at a time.

And all kinds of fairytales can be written in one's head about oneself or other people. People need to be checked out if you don't already know them well, especially new people entering your life at this time who are likely to have a Neptunian vibe and may promise something they are unable to deliver upon.

You can lose your self-assertiveness and become a pushover for more exploitative people - and then cast yourself in the role of victim and fail to realise that you didn't set clear boundaries for yourself or others. Predators seek out neptunian 'prey'.

Last edited:

ynnest

Being in complete disillusionment about who you are I would say is one the major issues when Neptune creates a touch on any major points/planets. Then I would recommend to nestle through that net of illusion, both the good and bad strings.

Y

Ukpoohbear

Don't drink or play around in the Sea...stop all substances and meditate. If you are well attuned then it can be a time of great enlightenment, or possibly drowning or death by substance abuse if youre not.

Starsareround

I’ve basically had non stop serious Neptune transits going for the last 10 years. I second being very wary of new people in your life. The universe will throw underhanded people your way. Get the boundaries going.

I am pisces and have first had my venus/saturn transited by neptune. Now it is hitting my sun and in several years will hit my mercury. Since pisces are used to this energy it is hard but you are used to it. Still being afraid of it, shutting down, misses the point of a big chance at spiritual growth. Of course I worked on this for 20 years previously and the results just start flowing in with this transit. So prep work is critical. All depends on context. I bet several reincarnations of context as neptune is not passing by too often.

I think lots of people have no planets in pisces and neptune is making aspects, mybe hard ones to their natal planets, messing with their minds. This could explain the extreme weirdness in recent politics until neptune moves along in 2025, but that is another topic. So be careful if you are very earthy type person. Reality perpspectives could be ******* up. Find out exact aspects, look it up and consider what it said.

CapAquaPis

Anyone born with a planet in the 6th: in my case, Neptune in Sagittarius on my chart, will deal with intense annual holiday stress at this time of year. Planets crossing the 6th house or transiting, esp. at the 22' Sag degree where Neptune was on my birth date (Feb 15, 1980) is prone to develop stress over their lives. It can be inner planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars) or outers (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) are triggers.

Somna7H

Banned
Anyone born with a planet in the 6th

Yes, but why ?
I don't have Neptune in 6th.
Neptune Rx Conjunct 8th House Cusp in Sag.
I'm more spiritual than materialistic.
I'm less in reality than imaginary world.
Have Mars, Pluto, Vertex and Jupiter in 6th.
When ever tVenus goes over nVertex I got Job opportunity but never able to grab any yet.

Last edited: