SOLAR RETURNS

• Thread starter another kat in the world
  • Start date
A

another kat in the world

One of my friend's friends did a solar return chart for my chart. I don't understand the meaning of the solar return and how much it influences your year. My rising sign was scorpio, sun in cancer and moon in pices. I thought that was kinda outrageous. If anyone know how solar returns work and anyother thoughts on this subject please, feel free to knowledge myself and all the other people who will look at this. Thank you.

L

Leila

Hi, I am Leila, from Venezuela, Excuse my bad english, please.
A solar return is like a snapshot taken at the exact moment when your transit sun meets your natal sun. This snapshot suppose to influence, moderately if there are no rulers involved, (to my experience), on the year to come. It depends a lot on the place where your birthday took place, coss the Asc of the S.Return will change according to it. That creates a superpocition of the houses in natal and S.R. charts. this relates items during the year until your next birthday. for example, 2nd over 6th: spending or earning money on working tools, laboring, health or services, depending on the signs.
´To be honest, I see more influence through the transits and progressive, but each person is a case. You dont mention your natal signs, so I cant say much more. You are welcome. :)

A

another kat in the world

my stats

My natal positions are sun in Cancer, moon in Scorpio and rising Sagitarius. Thanks for your help. I know it also had something to do with where you are living too, because I'm studying in Peru next year, so that influenced it as well. Is Venuezela near Peru? :) Gracias!

AquariusMoon

Some people don't believe in using the solar return chart, but I have recently found it to be a very useful predictive tool. My solar return chart this year was shockingly accurate. You can do a return chart on any of your planets too. But as for the solar return, I use the Mary F. Shea book "Planets in Solar Returns." The position of the solar return sun sets the tone for the year. Which house is most occupied shows the sphere of life which is most emphasized. Oh, a solar return can tell you so much. I don't use a precessed solar return. The one from astro.com is fine for me. I have moved far from my birth town, so I use a relocated chart.

Here is a 24-page study Mary Shea has done on solar returns:

http://www.maryshea.com/srllew.pdf

dana

Hi, I want to emphasize on the Solar Return usefulness. Of all astro techniques, Solar returns is one of my favorites. Because it tells you all - if you know how to read it - about your year to come, what to expect in all areas of life. It's an amazing technique and besides the Mary Shea material there are other more important books. For instance I would recommend Volguine, a French astrologer from the past century.
Also, I have been interepting Solar returns for all the people coming for my astro advice and the events enclosed in the yearly charts helps you very much in interpreting the transits better, confirming them.
Of course, i cannot emphasize enough on the importance of the Solar return location and to choose such a location is a real art!

C1

HiAqMoon,
HiDana,
I am certainly learning something from looking
at the Mary Shea article AM posted, and reading
Dana's post about Solar Return!

Well, this past year and especially since last winter
(Jupiter conjunct my MC/Neptune
in Libra on the 9/10H cusp)....I feel like I was lifted
right outta my socks!

Now, transiting sun is conj MC/Neptune...and
this could be time for choosing a whole new life/professional path.

If I post this chart here
would either of you have an insight into the next 6 months
of this year for me?

I'm thousands of miles from my home, too, AM --

I hope your recent move went smoothly.

Thank you ,
thank you.

8)
C1

Amazon1963

Thank you Aquarius Moon, Dana and Leila for your input re: solar returns. Very enlightening and helpful in understanding for me. Thank you Kat for posing the question. C1, I sure hope you get a reply soon. From the vibrations of your posts, it seems like you are having some interesting restructuring going on in your life.

Now I have a question or two (ok, probably a lot more, blame my Gemini sun/merc). When interpreting the solar return, do you superimpose the solar chart over the natal chart? I'm stumped here. Read Mary Shea's e-booklet and am attempting to interpret my father's solar return. When I plugged in the birthdata and the chart came up, I was quite startled by what it shows. Then, drew up the natal chart with current transits. That also had some important transits which astrodienst focussed on with their short forecast.

He was diagnosed with lymphoma about 6 weeks ago. Subsequently has been fitted with a port and has just completed the first cycle of chemo. He will continue the cycles until December and then in January will begin radiation. The surgeon stated that his type of cancer is 'cured' with 70% success rate. Surgery is contraindicated. Earlier this year and late last year he sucessfully received seed radiation for prostate cancer and put the tumor into submission. But, obviously cancer had metastasized to the lymph system.

I plugged in the prior (2003-2004) years solar return data and it shows an entirely different focus than 12th house or even the sixth house. Pondered this for a bit and then thought, well, since that bout of cancer wasnt the main focus of the whole year and thus, perhaps wouldnt be the focus of the SR?

His birth data: July 9, 1940 @ 33:30 pm, EST in Sanford, FL, USA in regards to a relocation chart, none is needed, he still resides in the same area.

What startled me with the 2005/2006 SR, was the stellium in Leo in the 12th house and knowing the state of his health.

So, would it be more informative to go back to the actual date that he was diagnosed?

As a novice I only know enough to know that I dont know, ya know?

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated, thank you... :)

Link for Solar Return:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=or1filewvmrJb-u1079284496&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

Link for natal chart with current transits:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=or1filewvmrJb-u1079284496&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

divisiontheory

The absolute best way to study Solar Returns is not to read words about them, but to read them themselves. Print out all the Solar Returns for each year of your life and study them. Soon you will see and understand the language of the Solar Return, how each chart perfectly reflects the changes and circumstances of your life during that year.

I use return charts as my primary predictive tool. Nothing will happen in your life in a given year if it is not found described in the Solar return for that year.

There is another little-known return chart that works exactly like a two-year SR. Every two years or so your tertiary progressed chart will have a progressed moon conjuntion to your natal moon, and that tertiary chart will be on the same day as one of the Lunar returns in the first two or three years of your life. Print out that early-life LR, as it will very accurately describe a two-year window in your life.