Is Medical My Best Career?

katydid

Re: Why astro is not working

I am a medical student. And based on my birthchart medicine is supposed to be my thing, but it seems boring to me. Any explanation?
https://imgur.com/a/FTdlzPb

Personally, I don't think that an astrologer can handpick someone's perfect career preference, just by looking at their chart. And I have studied astrology for more that 50 years. But we can have important discussions in order to help clarify and uncover one's preferred or innate strengths.

The chart gives solid clues and insights, but we don't know one's total life experiences and what one has studied, or chosen as hobbies, or skills etc.

You have Mars, the ruler of the 10th house of career, placed Scorpio in the 4th of home, family and emotional foundation. Scorpio rules the healing arts and mystery and criminology.

So medicine or the judicial system or psychology would all fit into the umbrella of your Career ruler being in Scorpio in the 4th.

But you have a kind of a push pull , like an internal struggle within the Career zone.

Aries is on the MidHeavan of work/career. Aries is cardinal fire---which is assertive, independent, and likes to do their own thing when possible. Aries is very ambitious and self motivated and likes to get things done fast.

And yet Mars, the planet ruling that MC is in the opposite house to the 10th of career. It is sitting down below, at the IC, in the deepest emotional realms, and in the house of family and childhood and self protection.

So that Aries energy at the top of the chart, which is so robust and independent, sometimes has a hard time being as active and assertive as they'd like because of a strong emotional sensitivity and the urge to shut down and protect oneself when overwhelmed.

I think you would be a fantastic healer, therapist, detective--but you'd have to move out of your comfort zone to fully imagine it ...:wink:

Last edited:

waybread

Re: Why astro is not working

I think medicine is a good choice for you. Mars rules doctors (notably surgeons) and your Mars is domiciled in Scorpio. Sun and Mercury in the 6th house of health.

I think you need a lot of excitement, even tension, in your life. Medicine, as you know, is a vast field with many different choices. Have you thought about trauma or emergency room surgery?

You will need to master the basics to get there. But they don't have to be your future career.