Natal astrology pub quiz

ja7me

Hello everyone,

I decided to create a Natal Astrology Quiz for those willing to test their knowledge in this particular subject. Can you get 100% ?

Let us know your scores!

Also: Let me know if you like this astrology quiz. I will then create more challenging astrology related ones!

https://jksastrology.com/astrology-pub-quiz-page/

natal-astrology-quiz-beginner.jpg

Osamenor

Staff member
Some of your answer options have incorrect or misleading information. In your question about how many constellations there are, it's not clear whether you mean constellations or signs. That one of the answer options is 12 implies that you mean signs, but constellations and signs are not the same thing. If you really mean constellations, what does that have to do with natal astrology?

For #10, "What describes the zodiac?" none of the answer options are correct. "An area of the sky. And the apparent path the sun, moon and planets take from the point of view of earth" describes the ecliptic, not the zodiac. "12 signs separated by 40 degrees" is closer, but a sign is 30 degrees, not 40.

Finally, for #12, you apparently mean "System of astrology that can determine an individual's personality or path in life" to be the correct answer, but it's really not. An astrologer can make educated guesses about someone's personality by looking at their chart, but astrology doesn't determine personality completely. We might be able to make suggestions about someone's life path based on their chart, but again, there's a lot that it leaves open ended. Saying astrology determines that is misleading.

ja7me

Hello Osamenor,

Thank you for your response.

Please note that the questions rearrange themselves every time you enter the quiz. So, it is hard for me to refer to them as a question number.

Let’s start with the answer “System of astrology that can determine an individual's personality or path in life". Looking back at this answer I should not of used the word determines, as that implies a certain outcome. I have now changed this to. “System of astrology that can help predict an individual's personality or path in life". Agree?

Regarding the 88 constellations answer, this is a correct answer. I believe this is very relevant for astrologers to know. It is important for anyone learning astrology that zodiac signs are also constellations. And they should also know why only 12 constellations are used in astrology, as opposed to all 88.

Yes, the ecliptic is the apparent path the sun, moon and planets take from the point of view of earth. I accidently made a typo here. It was meant to read ecliptic. I will change this now.

Osamenor

Staff member
Regarding the 88 constellations answer, this is a correct answer. I believe this is very relevant for astrologers to know. It is important for anyone learning astrology that zodiac signs are also constellations. And they should also know why only 12 constellations are used in astrology, as opposed to all 88.

In that case, I recommend clarifying in the question that you're talking about constellations, not signs. Many people think signs are constellations. Since constellations are not used in astrology (the stars in them might be, as fixed stars, but the constellations, as constellations, are not) not mentioning the difference and not making it clear how it relates to astrology is confusing.

Let’s start with the answer “System of astrology that can determine an individual's personality or path in life". Looking back at this answer I should not of used the word determines, as that implies a certain outcome. I have now changed this to. “System of astrology that can help predict an individual's personality or path in life". Agree?
Personally, I think "help predict" is just as bad as "determine." That also feeds into the myth that astrologers can predetermine anything about you by looking at your chart... and are always right. We may get some things quite accurate by looking at the chart, but it's an art, not an exact science, and not every possible interpretation will be correct.

Something like "shed light on" would be better. At least, that would be accurate for the way I practice astrology.