Right time to start a business in the anti-aging arena? If not, when?

piscesmama

Hi Newbie here!

I am having an existential crisis at 47 years old and would really like to start a part time gig on the side.

Thinking of a beauty/anti-aging related business and I know I can do well in it but just don't know when to start it!

Also scared of this current Ketu Venus dasha-dont know what it means! But also Have Venus conjunct Jupiter and am interested in nutrition.

I have never been sad in my life but the last few years feeling frustrated/stuck and disappointed in myself and its ridiculous bc on paper I have it all.
I just feel like I have not done enough in my life with all of my opportunities and I am just afraid of going after it!

I do not know why I am afraid of everything because I can always restart if I fail and I am always looking for someone (usually an astrologer) to tell me its ok.

This is kind of pathetic because most people do not do this! I guess at this age I should not still be afraid.

I have not had any great failures in my life and I am proud of what I have done but really I have not done nearly what I can with my resources and the only thing that is stopping me is myself!!

I guess I am just looking for a start date to incorporate. It will be tricky with my current PT job because they might just stop me from doing it so I have to be careful and ask when to start too!

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90989&d=1652932261

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Sorry, I couldn't open your links.

I'm curious, though about why you would call your business anti-ageing. Ageing is inevitable. Some do so more gracefully than others. I might put it more like, how to look and feel one's best at their chronological age.

piscesmama

Sorry, I couldn't open your links.

I'm curious, though about why you would call your business anti-ageing. Ageing is inevitable. Some do so more gracefully than others. I might put it more like, how to look and feel one's best at their chronological age.

Anti aging is about wellness and much more than just beauty. It’s about maintaining your health through nutrition. As we age we do not absorb nutrients as well so it becomes much more important to take vitamins and that can help maintain your mind and looks (which no one would mind!).

See my other post wiht my chart if you feel like helping me out. Thank you!

waybread

As I said earlier, I couldn't get your links to open.

There are stickies on this site as to how to attach or link your charts.

If I can see the chart/s, I'll do my best.

I take your points about nutrition, but there are reasons not to take a lot of vitamin supplements, if they are what your business would be based upon.

Do you have a set idea as to what people should look like?

I'm not trying to be contrary-- just probing.

piscesmama

Hi Yes I hear you but this is really more about feeling good into old age not just beauty but for some youthfulness is beauty and important. Nothing wrong with that! I hope to help people to live their best lives through nutrition. I am thinking of starting a social media presence related to this but need to know when to start! Thank you

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_piscesmama.13679.204046.png
    astro_w2gw_piscesmama.13679.204046.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 27

piscesmama

Oh and I do not want to sell products. I do not know where it will take me but I want to start with a following and then figure out what next, maybe write a book? Not sure. I just need to do something creative and share my story with my background I am an expert in the field.

JUPITERASC

Hi Newbie here!

I am having an existential crisis at 47 years old and would really like to start a part time gig on the side.

Thinking of a beauty/anti-aging related business and I know I can do well in it but just don't know when to start it!

Also scared of this current Ketu Venus dasha-dont know what it means!
That's VEDIC Astrology - check out our Vedic board :smile:

But also Have Venus conjunct Jupiter and am interested in nutrition.

I have never been sad in my life but the last few years feeling frustrated/stuck and disappointed in myself and its ridiculous bc on paper I have it all.
I just feel like I have not done enough in my life with all of my opportunities and I am just afraid of going after it!

I do not know why I am afraid of everything because I can always restart if I fail and I am always looking for someone (usually an astrologer) to tell me its ok.

This is kind of pathetic because most people do not do this! I guess at this age I should not still be afraid.

I have not had any great failures in my life and I am proud of what I have done but really I have not done nearly what I can with my resources and the only thing that is stopping me is myself!!

I guess I am just looking for a start date to incorporate. It will be tricky with my current PT job because they might just stop me from doing it so I have to be careful and ask when to start too!

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90989&d=1652932261
That's an ELECTIONAL ASTROLOGY QUESTION
a different board to Natal

- HORARY

waybread

OK, piscesmama-- I finally got a look at your chart.

Can we talk about a business that focuses on seniors, but basically helps them to look and feel their best without implying they can stop the clock?

I should lay my cards on the table and say that I am 73. My friends are seniors. I live in a community with a lot of retirees. Obviously we're not the entire geriatric population, but the people I know are a particular sample.

We all reach a point where ageing gracefully is the wisest course. We cannot beat ageing. We can only think about our relationship to it, and do our best with the age that we have.

Those are my preliminary biases, up front.

But what I think your chart is showing is concern about your own ageing (Saturn conjunct moon), combined with a lovely Venus-Jupiter trine to your moon. Saturn rules old age, and conjunct your moon and as the tip of a "yod" formation, old age may be a particular concern of yours.

Your Jupiter is domiciled in Pisces and Venus is exalted in Pisces. This is a very powerful beneficial combination.

I think that you are strongly motivated to help people, so maybe the only question is how best to market your interests.

I often feel that older women present themselves inappropriately: hair dyed an unflattering dark shade, clothes that look either like last-decade's rummage sale or suitable for a 20-something, and little openness or enthusiasm about life.

If you can help people with those sorts of issues, I think it would be beneficial. And that your chart would support it.

Osamenor

Staff member
I am thinking of starting a social media presence related to this but need to know when to start! Thank you

Are you ready to start a social media presence now, or do you need to do more preparation first?

If you're ready to start now, just looking for an astrologically good time, wait until after June 2nd. That's when Mercury will turn direct. You do not want Mercury retrograde in a launch chart, especially when the launch is of something related to communications.

Other factors to look for include Moon waxing and not void of course, and Mercury well placed by sign and house. If this is beauty-related, you also want a good placement for Venus. Rulers of the angles at the moment of launch matter too, especially the AC and MC. The modality of the signs the angles are in should match what you want for this endeavor. If you want it to be long lasting, permanent, put the angles in fixed signs. Cardinal sign angles indicate a quick splash, rapid start and finish. Mutable signs foretell a lot of change and need to adapt.

Choosing an astrologically good time is complex, and if you're not ready to launch yet, it's premature to be thinking about that.

piscesmama

Thank you so much! Yes It targeted at a younger population more like 40-55 but the nutrition part def is for older patients too. Appreciate the insight.

piscesmama

Are you ready to start a social media presence now, or do you need to do more preparation first?

If you're ready to start now, just looking for an astrologically good time, wait until after June 2nd. That's when Mercury will turn direct. You do not want Mercury retrograde in a launch chart, especially when the launch is of something related to communications.

Other factors to look for include Moon waxing and not void of course, and Mercury well placed by sign and house. If this is beauty-related, you also want a good placement for Venus. Rulers of the angles at the moment of launch matter too, especially the AC and MC. The modality of the signs the angles are in should match what you want for this endeavor. If you want it to be long lasting, permanent, put the angles in fixed signs. Cardinal sign angles indicate a quick splash, rapid start and finish. Mutable signs foretell a lot of change and need to adapt.

Choosing an astrologically good time is complex, and if you're not ready to launch yet, it's premature to be thinking about that.

Thank you!
Yes, I am ready to at least start an online presence but do need to know when it will be most long lasting. I am excited because I have so much knowledge and expertise in the area and want to position my self as an expert but not necessarily sell anything to anyone related to health but rather promote a healthy life style and perhaps write a book or something one day once i have enough followers then I will know how best to help people and make a positive impact. I just need to find a good name for my instagram handle and go from there. Thank you!

piscesmama

Can we talk about a business that focuses on seniors, but basically helps them to look and feel their best without implying they can stop the clock?

I should lay my cards on the table and say that I am 73. My friends are seniors. I live in a community with a lot of retirees. Obviously we're not the entire geriatric population, but the people I know are a particular sample.

We all reach a point where ageing gracefully is the wisest course. We cannot beat ageing. We can only think about our relationship to it, and do our best with the age that we have.

But what I think your chart is showing is concern about your own ageing (Saturn conjunct moon), combined with a lovely Venus-Jupiter trine to your moon. Saturn rules old age, and conjunct your moon and as the tip of a "yod" formation, old age may be a particular concern of yours.

Your Jupiter is domiciled in Pisces and Venus is exalted in Pisces. This is a very powerful beneficial combination.

I think that you are strongly motivated to help people, so maybe the only question is how best to market your interests.

I often feel that older women present themselves inappropriately: hair dyed an unflattering dark shade, clothes that look either like last-decade's rummage sale or suitable for a 20-something, and little openness or enthusiasm about life.

If you can help people with those sorts of issues, I think it would be beneficial. And that your chart would support it.

Thank you for your candor! I am looking into a younger demographic more around my age who still care about feeling young and looking their best but also aging gracefully in terms of memory and yes interesting aging is an issue for me-it does scare me because my grand mother had dementia. And yes, I will admit that maintaining my looks are important to me. I would like to be an influencer on social media for all things related to health but not planning on selling supplements as I find that a bit shady. I do not want to sell anything related to health but more wellness so maybe creams eventually ect and recommendations for fruits veggies and even supplements but not make money off that. I hope to eventually get such a large following that I can give a ted talk and write a book or even make policy around supplements which does not exist currently. Not sure where i want to go with it but I need to speak about my passion and finally have the courage to do so because so many are talking about health and really are not nearly as educated or qualified as I am.

And yes! I do care about helping people-it is very much a part of what I do every day. ;)

Osamenor

Staff member
Yes, I am ready to at least start an online presence but do need to know when it will be most long lasting.

Do you really want the social media presence you're ready to start now to be long lasting? Or does the social media presence in and of itself not matter so much as long as what it leads to is long lasting?

Social media platforms come and go, and from what you've said, it doesn't sound, to me, like social media is the part you really care about. It's just your starting point.

With that in mind, cardinal or mutable angles in your launch chart might be fine. You would just need to be ready to adapt when the need and opportunity for change comes.

piscesmama

Learning about yods, what does it really mean? How can i figure out when it is activated? Does a moon based yod have to do with kids? IF so, yes I went through a very difficult stage when my kids were really sick in and out of the hospital and finally changed their diet and they healed and were able to come off all medication which (while life saving) had terrible side effects. They are well now but this is what led me into this journey of health and wellness. I cannot tell people to eat healthy so they can stop medication because it would be irresponsible I have the training to do this safely but very few do so this is how I got into this. It is too emotional for me to help other people do this professionally but I can tell my story which led me to understand how nutrition impacts all health! Even anti-aging (for women or even men less than 55) which would be my intended demographic. Hair restoration for women is a huge deal and can impact a woman's self esteem- I lost alot of hair after covid but i knew it was temporary so I was not too worrried but I can help women with these issues. Just some examples.

waybread

OK, Piscesmama-- I think we're on the same page now, finally.

A "yod" formation looks like a narrow equilateral triangle, with the tip pointing to a particular planet. The planets at the base form a helpful aspect called a sextile, but the tip of the yod is determined by each of them aspecting the apex planet through a mildly stressful aspect called a quincunx of 150 degrees. So you're under a fair bit of pressure to develop whatever it is that the apex planet represents, by its own nature as well as its sign and house.

With Saturn at the apex of your yod, and collaterally joined by your Cancer moon, a project or business that helps people in matters of ageing (Saturn) seems supported by your chart.

I would encourage you to be really hard-headed about the money involved. The sun rules your second house of money, and its wide square to Neptune can give you difficulties in seeing the money picture clearly. With your sun in the 8th house of "shared resources," you might want a business partner who is good at the practical side of things.

In terms of "when," I suggest first things first. I suggest you develop a business plan and run it past people likely to give you good advice. A lot of community colleges, community outreach programs, &c offer workshops on starting a small business-- if you've not had experience in this area.

Once you feel you are ready to launch, that would be a good time to determine the best date. Otherwise it's premature.

Good luck with this Mama. I hope you're now past those difficult times with illness in your family.