Planetary sign relationships

Zigakly

Hello all, new to the form so of course I just jump in with a new post :)

Something I find very relevant when I do someone's chart is to look for planetary signs that aggravate each other, either positively or negatively. Even if their alignment doesn't form an aspect, I find they can have a cumulative effect that merits consideration.

For example, I have a few notable ones, and one I find very influential in my life is my Virgo Mars and Aries Moon. My Virgo Mars wants to fix what's wrong, and my Aries Moon says, "Oh look, heightened emotional engagement, let's just pour some napalm on that and see what happens!" Fortunately my Cancer Ascendant moderates such episodes, but that's another story.

I've met a couple people who have the same "VMAM" pairing and it's quite pronounced for them as well. We have a total gas about it. Would love to meet more VMAM's. Same goes for my other pairings I find influential, but I'll keep this simple for now.

I did a quick search and the subject of planetary sign relationships doesn't tend to come up. I'd love to explore the subject more and of course engage with more fellow astro folks :)

Attachments

• horoscope-chart5-700__radix_8-8-1974_03-00.jpg
    horoscope-chart5-700__radix_8-8-1974_03-00.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 19

JUPITERASC

Hello all, new to the form so of course I just jump in with a new post :)

Something I find very relevant when I do someone's chart is to look for planetary signs that aggravate each other, either positively or negatively. Even if their alignment doesn't form an aspect, I find they can have a cumulative effect that merits consideration.

For example, I have a few notable ones, and one I find very influential in my life is my Virgo Mars and Aries Moon. My Virgo Mars wants to fix what's wrong, and my Aries Moon says, "Oh look, heightened emotional engagement, let's just pour some napalm on that and see what happens!" Fortunately my Cancer Ascendant moderates such episodes, but that's another story.

I've met a couple people who have the same "VMAM" pairing and it's quite pronounced for them as well. We have a total gas about it. Would love to meet more VMAM's. Same goes for my other pairings I find influential, but I'll keep this simple for now.

I did a quick search
and the subject of planetary sign relationships
doesn't tend to come up.

I'd love to explore the subject more
and of course engage with more fellow astro folks :)
I like to bring this picture out now and again
because

it perfectly illustrates
the symmetry in the traditional planetary rulerships.

Notice in the picture, the planets are in descending order
and the signs follow one after the other.

The co-rulerships are symmetrical.

VedicSignsFigure1.jpg

Zigakly

That's interesting, but I'm actually not referring to planet rulerships. I suspect it's how certain planetary signs befit societal norms that make them more influential upon how a person relates to society.

For example communication is far more prevalent compared to before the internet existed. The planetary signs themselves wouldn't change, but planets in Gemini and Sagittarius would likely end up more influential on someone simply because people are communicating more information to more people on a daily basis than ever before, i.e. this very forum.

In my case my Virgo Mars is also a planetary position that fosters communication and I'm sure it's part of why it's so active for me. My Aries Moon tends to react and amplify upon any emotional argument, so the two often work in tandem. They're a major source of strength to fend off emotional aggression. Granted, Aries Moon would likely correlate with any Mars position, but it seems a particularly good fit with Virgo.

But they don't form any planetary aspect angle, and they don't correspond to rulerships. It's just the way their nature fits into society. I think there are many other non-aspect pairings that have specific pronounced effects, and some are to be encouraged and others to be de-emphasized.

Zigakly

Cool! Yeah I'll read up on that.

Another is my Cancer Venus and Virgo Mars, they really don't tend to get along. Often I'll resent a strong emotional reaction because it doesn't make sense. But on the rare occasions they are in agreement it's very potent, and then Aries Moon just fires everything up a notch from there.