Why does Mars rule Scorpio?

tripleooo

Why wouldn’t it? I think Scorpio is a great position for Mars.

I’ve read an interesting opinion on some forum (not this) which I find very accurate and interesting: Aries Mars will win a fight, Scorpio Mars will win a war. Scorpio never forgets and has probably the best stamina of all signs, which is good for Mars because this way he doesn’t quit unless he’s done. By the way, according to the traditional astrology, not only Mars rules Scorpio, but is also in water triplicity by day and night (according to Ptolemy).

Last edited:

!4C

Scorpio is ruled by nocturnal/feminine mars, which is indirect action. It could manifest as investigation or manipulation of situations by secretly working behind the scenes. It could also indicate intimidation and manipulation through mind games.

A scorpio girl once told me that she liked strong, assertive men that are in control. Only 15 minutes later she tells me that she can make her boyfriend do anything with her charms. :annoyed:

Scorpio is the sign of the puppet master. I think this is one of the main reasons modern astrologer's want to assign pluto as its ruler.

sylph

Because Mars isn't JUST about action, energy and drive; realistically, it should also be about endurance and clarity. What real use does misfired and misdirected energy have? Scorpio has the penetrating insight and staying power to truly direct energy into a successful outcome. Or at least, what Scorpio considers to be a successful outcome. But of course I also strongly see the association between Pluto and Scorpio; it's probably a much better match in terms of rulership. Pluto is control over... everything. Which is more along the lines of what Scorpio is about. Aries, on the other hand, is a potent force of energy. There may seem to be only a subtle/slight difference, but I think it's enough to warrant separate rulerships.

david starling

Scorpio is ruled by nocturnal/feminine mars, which is indirect action. It could manifest as investigation or manipulation of situations by secretly working behind the scenes. It could also indicate intimidation and manipulation through mind games.

A scorpio girl once told me that she liked strong, assertive men that are in control. Only 15 minutes later she tells me that she can make her boyfriend do anything with her charms. :annoyed:

Scorpio is the sign of the puppet master. I think this is one of the main reasons modern astrologer's want to assign pluto as its ruler.

Interesting that you change the gender of the Planet when it moves from day-ruler ("male") to night-ruler ("female"). The symbol for Mars is also the symbol for Male, so that would be Mars ruling its day-sign, Aries. The symbol for Venus symbolizes Female, so that would be night-ruler Venus, ruling Taurus.

!4C

Interesting that you change the gender of the Planet when it moves from day-ruler ("male") to night-ruler ("female"). The symbol for Mars is also the symbol for Male, so that would be Mars ruling its day-sign, Aries. The symbol for Venus symbolizes Female, so that would be night-ruler Venus, ruling Taurus.
I think modern astrologers are using masculine/feminine in a quality sense, not gender. This terminology only makes sense in the context of psychology or social interaction. Now that you mention it, I wonder why they haven't replaced the symbols for mars and venus with gender neutral ones.

david starling

I think modern astrologers are using masculine/feminine in a quality sense, not gender. This terminology only makes sense in the context of psychology or social interaction. Now that you mention it, I wonder why they haven't replaced the symbols for mars and venus with gender neutral ones.

I'm pretty sure the symbols for Venus and Mars predate their use as gender symbols. It's a problem when you change Convention. One personal example: I'm so convinced that the Uranian-effect should be considered feminine, and that the PERFECT archetype is "Urania, goddess of the Heavens and Muse of Astrology", that I avoid using the name "Uranus" for it. I (personally) consider that a mis-naming due mainly to the male chauvinism of Astronomy at the time, since the Astronomers name the Planets and asteroids; although, there is some merit in adherence to the Classical pantheon of the originally. truly major Greek gods and goddesses. So, I either use "Uranian", which works for both, or the symbol :uranus:. Changing the conventional symbols for the Red-Planet and the Bright-Planet would be way more inconvenient!

Last edited:

!4C

I'm pretty sure the symbols for Venus and Mars predate their use as gender symbols.
It was sarcasm about gender sensitivities these days. The swastika predated the nazi party, but now no one can use it with causing a shitstorm.

Last edited:

!4C

The most common trait I associate with scorpio is suspicion. People with strong scorpio energy always suspect there are hidden connections between seemingly unrelated things. At first I wasn't sure how this could be related to mars. After thinking about some examples, it does seem that a lot of these suspicions focus on hidden cause/effect relationships or secret actions of others. So, nocturnal mars might also indicate imagined action.

[FONT=&quot]On a side note, I notice that many bad experiences with scorpio personalities really come down to "judgmental" versus "perceptive" types. Judgmental types will condemn people based on their suspicions. Perceptive types will keep an open mind until their is solid evidence to confirm suspicions. [/FONT]

david starling

The most common trait I associate with scorpio is suspicion. People with strong scorpio energy always suspect there are hidden connections between seemingly unrelated things. At first I wasn't sure how this could be related to mars. After thinking about some examples, it does seem that a lot of these suspicions focus on hidden cause/effect relationships or secret actions of others. So, nocturnal mars might also indicate imagined action.

[FONT=&quot]On a side note, I notice that many bad experiences with scorpio personalities really come down to "judgmental" versus "perceptive" types. Judgmental types will condemn people based on their suspicions. Perceptive types will keep an open mind until their is solid evidence to confirm suspicions. [/FONT]

Just WHAT do you mean by that??? :annoyed: (I have Jupiter in Scorpio.)

whiteflame1997

Hello :)

Oki i let my thoughts on this come out as am felling my typing, it sounds maybe stupide XD

Mars might have two sides.
bright side ''Aries, dark side''Scorpio''.
(Now theres probably not bright side or dark side of mars, but it could be one way to look at it maybe? )

why aries have the bright side of this planet because Aries will take the more outgoing, right in your face direct anger, Go right to the fight, right to the sex. a out spoken Leader to the win. Aries the leader wear the good vitcory from the fight, so reward can be freedoom, being aloved to express the self. how good power and passion can be.

scorpio dark side of mars shows us, the part the of mars is not proud of. what have happend after the war, cold, lost, emotions, what we had to offere what we had to pay to win, mars regrats, griefs what it had too see in the painful battles, in others anger, lost. it will hide this, this so called taboo by pluto so hold the intensness of the sufferes death, for the war.
dark side of mars hides the bad side of power and passion, so can be obbsesive, controling, insanity, revenge. kinda like pluto

pluto am not so sure how or where to put it, its like the planet just for the dark side of mars. maybe pluto is haunting mars, maybe gonna take revenge on mars?

so thats why they felt scorpio should be the ruler of mars cause it was ruling the dark side of mars? when Mars dark side seem too be like pluto?

no sorry this just felt bit off, maybe any of you people has more to fill in here..hhhmmm

Scorpio mars is a good placement, a little over-hyped though, not as over-hyped as Aries mars mind you lol.

I would swap my Taurus mars any day when dealing with anger, you don't want this...

Otherwise my Taurus mars is great with sex and driving in 1 direction to meet the end and finish something.

But starting it is slow... :/

Video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMu3k2uoP6Q

Last edited:

whiteflame1997

CancerEvolve

please no, tarurus in mars is beautiful, powerful, long passion, normaly beautiful eyes, with beautiful calm smile with some cheeks. This placment to be happy about, it is again beautiful
I have seen a gemini kid with this placement hes mars is in 29 degress...making it kinda rough with the degree of 29 i something imagend as look door your drespered to get to the other side of the next sign. so its like hes taurus mars don't need long time to get angry it's restless he can get so angry in a ''snap'' where loud screams, fightmode can come and can get really intimidating for many of the other kids. Or become passive silent hide way do not want anyone near, but he is also very good with that ''Am wanting you to smile'' type and easily runs to give everyone warm hugs, love nice toys, as gemini he has hard time to focus tings like sitting still, drawing, i saw him coloring normaly just many colors then done. but once he satt down took time you could just see how he was focusing and how well he did so proud was a kid that day over little drawing, he used time on we hang it up. I will not know how hes anger gonna become when he gets older, he probably will become good with taking hes time, to wait, balencing hes anger out, but for now he just need to enjoy the now :)

sorry am not sure if it helps or was interesting, just wanted you to try to see it lovely it can be even thought it might not be perfect, but if it was perfect then it would just be ugly, who likes perfect?

CancerEvolve

please no, tarurus in mars is beautiful, powerful, long passion, normaly beautiful eyes, with beautiful calm smile with some cheeks. This placment to be happy about, it is again beautiful
I have seen a gemini kid with this placement hes mars is in 29 degress...making it kinda rough with the degree of 29 i something imagend as look door your drespered to get to the other side of the next sign. so its like hes taurus mars don't need long time to get angry it's restless he can get so angry in a ''snap'' where loud screams, fightmode can come and can get really intimidating for many of the other kids. Or become passive silent hide way do not want anyone near, but he is also very good with that ''Am wanting you to smile'' type and easily runs to give everyone warm hugs, love nice toys, as gemini he has hard time to focus tings like sitting still, drawing, i saw him coloring normaly just many colors then done. but once he satt down took time you could just see how he was focusing and how well he did so proud was a kid that day over little drawing, he used time on we hang it up. I will not know how hes anger gonna become when he gets older, he probably will become good with taking hes time, to wait, balencing hes anger out, but for now he just need to enjoy the now :)

sorry am not sure if it helps or was interesting, just wanted you to try to see it lovely it can be even thought it might not be perfect, but if it was perfect then it would just be ugly, who likes perfect?

Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise Taurus mars... i definitely like it more now lol.

tripleooo

Scorpio mars is a good placement, a little over-hyped though, not as over-hyped as Aries mars mind you lol.

I would swap my Taurus mars any day when dealing with anger, you don't want this...

Otherwise my Taurus mars is great with sex and driving in 1 direction to meet the end and finish something.

But starting it is slow... :/

Video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMu3k2uoP6Q

I wouldn’t say that Mars in Scorpio is over-hyped in any way. It’s just as strong as Mars in Aries. Obviously, they express themselves rather differently but both are very strong.

In fact, Taurus Mars and Scorpio Mars have some similar features at least because Mars here is in a fixed sign. They are both not very fast at starting things and don’t let go of the started projects easily. However, of course, they’re still very different.

I think the main problem with Taurus Mars is that it strongly dislikes going to extremes, unlike Scorpio Mars. Taurus is afraid of acting too radical and emotional because this way it feels that it becomes detached from the real world and the material things. It can’t keep in touch with its anger because it always feels that its rage is destructive. Of course, Mars in Taurus people can get angry, actually, their anger is very strong because it is accumulated for a long time and doesn’t go away easily. But it’s hard for them to stream their anger into a positive direction and make actual use of it and when they calm down, they say “Wow, never doing this stuff again, better get back to work and earning money”. Scorpio Mars people, however, can’t live without a feeling that they want to experience very strong and deep emotions, so they may actually do some risky stuff. They don’t express their emotions easily and tend to hide it, but they feel happy and relieved when they actually get a chance to let go of their rage. Scorpio is fixed water, so its emotions get crystallized into ice and to the outside viewer it may seem to be just ice, but in fact underneath this layer there is a massive amount of energy waiting to be released. And when it does, watch out.

Alzander

Well Mars in its most original form is ruled by Aries....to look at Mars in its most primitive and fundamental sense you'd say that it's all about aggression, energy, drive, war, direct destruction and therefore the straight-edge, go-with-it approach and nature of Aries is only at home here.

Scorpio Mars, however, isn't is bad as people may assume. Out of the water zodiac signs, Scorpio is the one considered and seen as the most driven somewhat and direct in comparison to Cancer and Pisces. I may be wrong but I think Bruce Lee had the placement of Mars Scorpio and had quite a lot of Scorpio running as a theme through his natal chart including his moon.

My Mars is Pisces and as a result, as many would expect, I don't really handle stress and anxiety well and have quite some temper and am really sensitive, however I'm very quick in regards to certain sports etc and can take a good beating and give back what I receive lol.

Would be cool to chat with others on water placements within the mars placement as well as those who have it themselves as it a very compelling discussion to have.

But overall I'd have to agree that yes Scorpio is considered a secondary ruler of Mars and almost left as a spare for Pluto, if you will.

Briefly in regards to Pluto, it's a generational planet as many of you will already know and allegedly doesn't really have much distinct influence on the individual as a whole yet is influential on whole generations of people and certain ideologies and traits they will share as a result. Peace and Love fellow Starlovers.

CapAquaPis

Mars the planet of anger, Scorpio the sign of temperament, and put the two together: it makes perfect sense. Traditional astrologers assert their version of Mars is the ruler of Scorpio, while modernists disagree or link Mars the sign's co-ruler. Mars might well be the 8th house ruler (under Scorpio) in charts, so my sun/moon conjunction in Aquarius will involve how strong is Mars' chart placement.