Possible pre-Ptolemaic reasons for the Sign rulerships in Modern astrology

david starling

Sharing it on an open source platform helps, don't you think?

Definitely! Your input is a major plus.

Edit: Just remembered that Sag is the facilitating (teaching) Sign for Pisces, because in the pattern, Sagittarius has the Modality of Pisces and the Element of Aries, towards which Pisces is transitioning.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

Re: Why do the Moon and Sun Rule One Sign in Ancient Astrology?

Is that from a Traditional pattern? Because once we move on beyond Saturn, and there's an available ruler for Sign #11, that pattern would be broken.

Time for a new pattern, in accordance with the approach of the new Age.
I think the new pattern will be a 12/12 one, since only 7/12 pattern is symmetrical, and 10/12 pattern isn't.

Humanitarian

I think the new pattern will be a 12/12 one, since only 7/12 pattern is symmetrical, and 10/12 pattern isn't.
The pattern will be:
Aries (Mars) - Taurus (Gaia) - Gemini (Mercury) - Cancer (Moon) - Leo (Sun) - Virgo (Chiron) - Libra (Venus) - Scorpio (Pluto) - Sagittarius (Jupiter) - Capricorn (Saturn) - Aquarius (Uranus) - Pisces (Neptune).

IRIS70

The pattern will be:
Aries (Mars) - Taurus (Gaia) - Gemini (Mercury) - Cancer (Moon) - Leo (Sun) - Virgo (Chiron) - Libra (Venus) - Scorpio (Pluto) - Sagittarius (Jupiter) - Capricorn (Saturn) - Aquarius (Uranus) - Pisces (Neptune).
Are you creating your own Astrology?

Chiron is NOT a planet! It is an Asteroid, it moves so slowly...I can see that some people can see some similarity to Virgo, but Virgo is also related to the intellect! Gaia, the Asteroid for Taurus? Cannot you see that Venus that loves material things and seeks pleasure in life is related to Taurus? Again, Gaia is not a planet, it is too slow! It cannot create aspects.
If you post such things, let us know the source, the book written by a recognized Astrologer who says so and not what goes round from people who have never opened an Astrology book.

According to the Astrology that works to me, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto cannot rule a sign either, because they are too slow. However, in Modern Astrology, they are said to co-rule signs, because they bear some similarity in expression to certain signs. At least they are planets and their impact in the chart is great.

Humanitarian

Are you creating your own Astrology?

Chiron is NOT a planet! It is an Asteroid, it moves so slowly...I can see that some people can see some similarity to Virgo, but Virgo is also related to the intellect! If you post such things, let us know the source, the book written by a recognized Astrologer who says so and not what goes round from people who have never opened an Astrology book.

According to the Astrology that applies to me, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto cannot rule a sign either, because they are too slow. However, in Modern Astrology, they are said to co-rule signs, because they bear some similarity in expression to certain signs.
It's not solely mine, One of the signs' hypothetical rulers is Barbara Hand Clow's work, and one hypothetical ruler is also Alice A. Bailey's work, too.

IRIS70

It's not solely mine, One of the signs' hypothetical rulers is Barbara Hand Clow's work, and one hypothetical ruler is also Alice A. Bailey's work, too.
Υou man that you have read this in a book of theirs? Which one?
I'll never read anything from them again, if this is true...
You also said "hypothetical", which means that they are still considering it!

I can see the similarity, as I have already said. However, until they PROVE their hypothesis to WORK and it gets accepted by the Astrological community, it is good that we do not post their hypothesis as a fact, the way you presented it in your original post as "the pattern will be..." and not as "the pattern some astrologers suggest that it could be ...".

Last edited: