Moon conjunct South Node double whammy

athair

Hi, what is the double whammy of Moon conj SN in Synastry (Moon conj SN plus Moon conj SN) supposed to mean? Thanks

katydid

There are upsides and downsides to having that conjunction in synastry.

A lot depends upon how the SN is placed and aspected.

The downside is that the other person [the Moon person] could draw you into a weak spot in your chart. You could feel drawn to them but partially because they allow you to wallow in your bad habits and be your weaker self.

The South Node can be a trap in your chart as it points out your weaknesses and the lessons you need to learn by avoiding those patterns or habits. So if someone you are dating has their Moon on your weak spot, they may crave and emotionally desire things that are bad for you.

Maybe they like to drink and go to clubs, but that is a weak point of yours too? Or they love to cook and eat comfort foods but you are not really supposed to partake.

Maybe the Lunar person has a tensely aspected Moon and they are very emotionally aggressive and they pull you into toxic emotional struggles that are patterns you are trying to grow out of?

When the synastry has a double whammy of this aspect, it could lead to a relationship that is very hard to escape from. Both off you may feel very drawn to the other person and it feels very karmic. And yet you may also feel like you are falling into old patterns and bad habits that you want to escape from.

The upside of this double whammy is that you may feel very drawn to each other and feel you are. supposed to be together for some bigger cosmic reason.

And you may feel like you have known each other for forever and feel like you really understand each other emotionally and know what each other needs and wants.

And if the Moon/SN conjunctions are well placed and aspected, you will help break each other of negative patterns and unhealthy habits.

CapAquaPis

I have a SN in 29' Aquarius conjunct 26' natal Sun itself conjuncts 20' Moon. The SN I have is closer to cusp Pisces than towards the Sun and esp the Moon. Is this the primary factor or the cause of effect in my personal relationships in romance over the last 22 years (my adult life, I'm 42 now) ends not so well and can be complicated by multiple reasons? I have a Sun in between the SN and Moon (different situation than the OP has) which explains I'm an emotionally "weak" person and the lover/ partner/ girlfriend won't be able to support me. Or should my own version of the Moon conjunct SN (and Sun) warns me in a potential romantic relationship, I'm going to be taken advantage of or more likely, she doesn't seem to know, care or get involved in my emotional healing because "that's not my problem and I can't help you" which is a romance killer.

IleneK

Premium Member
I would that SN is not necessarily a weak spot, although it can be. SN is what we already know, what we come into life with. So it is the path of least resistance and not a place in which we will grow; it is the safe place. The NN calls us aspire, to grow into that sign.

So someone's Moon to your SN make incline you to just rest on your laurels, so to speak, and not cultivate and develop the balance that NN-SN is about.