Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:33 AM

Uranus in 7th house means single for ever?

I found this online...

Quote:
Uranus in the Seventh House: may never get married. Too independent and likes it that way. Or they may get married when young to someone much older. Or when they are old to someone much younger. There has to be something unusual about the partner or the partnership. Maybe the partner is a genius, or eccentric, or plain flat-out crazy. Perhaps the partner travels a lot. Bi-costal marriages would tend to have this. Forget the house in the suburbs with the white picket fence. If the marriage ever becomes too conventional, it ends..."
[deleted post over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

I got married but the relationship was already faulty, we did it out of convenience...His work visa was expiring and we had a son together; it was bad and he was too controlling that it sort of killed me. But I would like to get into a committed relationship now...Saturn is transiting my 7th house until the Fall, is that a good sign for my relationships to get better or should I just accept I am doomed?

I want acceptance and someone who doesn't try to change me...that I am happy in a relationship...

Here is chart for references...
astro_w2at_01_luz_hp.27028.9354.gif

Last edited by wilsontc; 02-07-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: wrong planet
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Re: Uranus in 7th house means single for ever?

Well, to me, that is certainly an expression of Uranus vis-a-vis relationships! But this does NOT necessarily mean that one will never get married, or that one's marriage won't last: do NOT accept that you are "doomed"-because you are NOT!!
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM

I also have this uranus in my 7th house of sagittarius. And I also got married too early, seperated 1 year later then divorced at 23 years old!

I had totally now 3 serious relationships in my life, none lasted longer than 3 years, or it has since then always been like a "3 year cycle" for some reason. I was always the one who left in the end...

I think that one needs alot of freedom with this aspect, and if one cannot have the amount of freedom that one needs the relationship will get very bad. Also maybe one needs a more unconventional relationship. I have now got a longdistance relationship and it is working quite well at the moment. Ofcourse I would like to live with my boyfriend later when I finnish uni... But will see how that goes. As long as the relationship has something to make me grow mentally and emotionally for me its fine. If not there might be a problem!

I dont think it means you will be single for ever. We learn as long as we live
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM

People who have Uranus in hard aspect to the ruler of the 7th house will experience a similar pattern in their relationships as someone with Uranus in the 7th. My 7th ruler Venus is square Uranus. I am probably much older than most of you and I have never been married. In a nutshell, the pattern in my life has been liking men that are unavailable in some way or another. Also, a lot of dissatisfaction in relationships I do get in, not feeling appreciated, feeling the grass is greener, and settling for someone who is not right for me. I have to say it's probably been one of the most difficult patterns I have ever tried to break. I am very independent and like being alone, but I also enjoy being in a relationships. One poster commented on being in a long distance relationship. In a sense, this is a good example of liking someone who is not available to you - i.e. through distance. On the other hand, it's a great way to work with this Uranus dynamic, it's when you are both living in the same town is when it will be tested.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vista For This Useful Post:
hypnotiqu3 (07-30-2012), Inquisag (11-01-2019)
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:04 PM

I tend to get involve with the wrong people. Also because I have moon in Pisces I am very sensitive. I dated someone last year who I thought had potential, It didn't and now I am stuck again. My aries horoscope says this will be my year Once Saturn leaves my 7th...the past year I've been thinking about settling down. Tired of flings, short dates that don't go anywhere. Still no luck, although a few times it seemed like it would have happened.
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries_light View Post
I tend to get involve with the wrong people. Also because I have moon in Pisces I am very sensitive. I dated someone last year who I thought had potential, It didn't and now I am stuck again. My aries horoscope says this will be my year Once Saturn leaves my 7th...the past year I've been thinking about settling down. Tired of flings, short dates that don't go anywhere. Still no luck, although a few times it seemed like it would have happened.

My sentiments exactly! Although I will say that usually Saturn through the 7th can bring a serious relationship if someone is single. I am Aries rising too, so I have T Saturn moving through my 7th as well.
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:37 PM

I also have Uranus in the 7th. I was married for 12 years, and after that i had a shorter relationship of 18 months. I was the one leaving both relationships. They were both trying to push me into a certain kind of mold. One that didn't fit me. Ever since I have been attracted to guys who are not available, either physically or emotionally.

I do not want to be single for the rest of my life. I like living alone, but I also do like to be in a (healthy) relationship. These 2 are not mutually exclusive, I think. I like my freedom, and I like unusual partners, for sure. There must be others like that, out there. At least, that's what I keep on telling myself
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
I also have Uranus in the 7th. I was married for 12 years, and after that i had a shorter relationship of 18 months. I was the one leaving both relationships. They were both trying to push me into a certain kind of mold. One that didn't fit me. Ever since I have been attracted to guys who are not available, either physically or emotionally.

I do not want to be single for the rest of my life. I like living alone, but I also do like to be in a (healthy) relationship. These 2 are not mutually exclusive, I think. I like my freedom, and I like unusual partners, for sure. There must be others like that, out there. At least, that's what I keep on telling myself
I cracked up at this. Yes, there are more people Out HERE like that. I sorta ditto those feelings of wanting to be in a relationship without Ties... I keep dreaming of marriage but the moment I GET a chance, I run miles from it. Uranus opp Venus here..so my freedom screams itself to the rescue.
Don't know what the hell I'm gonna do IN a relationship since I'm still single & dear Saturn just crossed past my 7th after the first return last year.
*Fingers crossed*
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:31 AM

Some of you girls are probably those who are looking for a relationship, but would also like to be allowed to see other people. Not neccessary sexually, but you know, things happen. This has been an intriguing topic for me. A possibility to have several relationships without jealousy, drama, or sneaking around. A free love. A cool lifestyle, just my Venus in Virgo does not like the potential antisanitary aspect of it.

Marriage vs freedom is a typical dilemma for the Pluto in Libra generation. Marriages that do not last, or if they do then the partners are allowed to cheat on each other. I'd say forget the marriage, for us this piece of paper has a lot greater potential to bring misery than happiness. Relationships are cool though, for as long as they last. Serial monogamous dating and non-formalized relationships is what I think most people will stick with.

Last edited by C0rnholio; 02-07-2012 at 08:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0rnholio For This Useful Post:
hypnotiqu3 (07-30-2012)
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0rnholio View Post
Some of you girls are probably those who are looking for a relationship, but would also like to be allowed to see other people. Not neccessary sexually, but you know, things happen. This has been an intriguing topic for me. A possibility to have several relationships without jealousy, drama, or sneaking around. A free love. A cool lifestyle, just my Venus in Virgo does not like the potential antisanitary aspect of it.

Marriage vs freedom is a typical dilemma for the Pluto in Libra generation. Marriages that do not last, or if they do then the partners are allowed to cheat on each other. I'd say forget the marriage, for us this piece of paper has a lot greater potential to bring misery than happiness. Relationships are cool though, for as long as they last. Serial monogamous dating and non-formalized relationships is what I think most people will stick with.
Gotta love this!
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries_light View Post
I found this online...

I got married but the relationship was already faulty, we did it out of convenience...His work visa was expiring and we had a son together; it was bad and he was too controlling that it sort of killed me. But I would like to get into a committed relationship now...Saturn is transiting my 7th house until the Fall, is that a good sign for my relationships to get better or should I just accept I am doomed?

I want acceptance and someone who doesn't try to change me...that I am happy in a relationship...

Here is chart for references...
Attachment 26646
I read somewhere Uranus in the 7th house could either mean one will never get married or one will get married many times (not at the same time though).

There may be energy planets such as Uranus affecting you everyday. But fact is those planets (despite being many times bigger than us) are VERY far far away from us. The one who controls the most of what's going on in your life is YOURSELF. If you ended up never marrying, then that would most likely be because you decided NOT to.

Anyways, I would like to share something myself. Natal Saturn rules my 7th house and Uranus is conjunct my DC. I don't think i will ever end up marrying someone unless it's very advantageous for my partner and me. Otherwise, i really don't see the point of making such a decision. I will probably change my mind when i'm older though.

"To know all is not to forgive all. It is to despise everybody." Quentin Crisp

"Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."
Charlie Chaplin, in The Great Dictator (1940)
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM

I have never been unfaithful, nor had an open relationship. Prior my mariage I had two long term relationships. After my marriage ended I did not date for 3 years. After getting back to dating all I found was people who did not want a serious relationship. The only freedom I want is space to do the things I like and time to be on my own sometimes. I don't like to feel smothered... I am starting to feel like I am going through some kind of karma. I eneded those long term relationships because I got bored and wanted to be alone...but they were good relationships. So perhaps I have to experience being dumped by frivolous people and date non commital type to learn a lesson? Don't believe every thing you see in a chart...;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Aries_light For This Useful Post:
unteruber (07-28-2012)
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

energyremoved

Last edited by ♥♥♥; 08-24-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Uranus in the Seventh House 7th hs
You may have a certain talent for choosing unusual partners, at least ones who are quite different from yourself. For you , a partner is a source of discovery and learning in all areas of your life. You may become involved in off-and-on relationships, either because of changing emotions or because of external factors such as finances or location.
It is wise, however, to think twice before abruptly ending a relationship that does not seem to be giving immediate satisfaction; it may just be in a dormant period. By acting hastily you might lose a very rewarding relationship.
You should look for a directly expressive lover who, although perhaps not particularly verbal, is very clear and honest about your relationship.
This was in my interactive Chart at www.astro.com
Unread 02-11-2012, 02:04 PM

I can absolutely relate to this though Uranus is in my first house. I want a relationship but I want my freedom too !
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamtimez For This Useful Post:
hypnotiqu3 (07-30-2012)
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:37 AM

I have Uranus in my 7th house natally. And my Venus is in Aquarius.

In my 30 years, I feel like an absolute failure in love. I've had 5 ex boyfriends (all foreigners!), and the longest lasted for only 9 months. I left 4 out of the 5.

I wouldn't want to go back with them - not at any cost! What was I thinking?!

I don't like to think I'm doomed (noooo!!), but it does seems like an uphill battle in love everyday.

I'm still single and feeling the "am-I-ever-gonna-find-love?" effects kicking in
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM

People those have Uranus in the 7th wouldn't settle for one relationship they will be constantly move from one to another as they tend to lose interest. Uranus being quite erratic, when initial glitter fades away and individual come to the raw hard reality of life individual seems to lose the interest, Individuals with Uranus want thrill , excitement in life. Sort of I have observed they seem to have a Technological relationship aka Internet relationship which may or may not be true but from my observation out of 10 relationship nearly 7 to 8 have fallen in this category. Also sometimes Uranus with 7th seems to me they would have different sort polar opposite attraction .

Cheers,
MD

Unread 05-07-2012, 07:36 PM

I don't think it means you'll be single forever, but it does mean you learn about individuality in a peculiar place--namely relationships.
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakechammah View Post
I have Uranus in my 7th house natally. And my Venus is in Aquarius.
Ura anywhere means not losing your own self, your individuality, and trying out new ways to keep what you have lively and alive. It certainly does not say that the person with such a position of Ura will remain single per se. If your past relationships have been unsteady then see what is going wrong, what is the un-Uranus like thing happening to save the relationship. Just as an example, if you are a person that loses their own individuality or identity for the partner, or if the relationship is allowed to become very mundane (as Uranus needs excitement and movement), then it could become a bit challenging. Also, this position teaches to give the partner and the self space and personal freedom. A very good way is to be a lot on the move and travel with the partner if you can. Uranus also likes to have partners be as friends and not one serving the other.

AQ7
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbschirtzinger View Post
I don't think it means you'll be single forever, but it does mean you learn about individuality in a peculiar place--namely relationships.
I agree with you. You said this so economically... I would have wasted words on it!
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy_AzVirgo View Post
I agree with you. You said this so economically... I would have wasted words on it!
I'm glad you appreciated it! I do try to cultivate saying more with less in most instances.
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Designs View Post
People those have Uranus in the 7th wouldn't settle for one relationship they will be constantly move from one to another as they tend to lose interest. Uranus being quite erratic, when initial glitter fades away and individual come to the raw hard reality of life individual seems to lose the interest, Individuals with Uranus want thrill , excitement in life. Sort of I have observed they seem to have a Technological relationship aka Internet relationship which may or may not be true but from my observation out of 10 relationship nearly 7 to 8 have fallen in this category. Also sometimes Uranus with 7th seems to me they would have different sort polar opposite attraction .

Cheers,
MD
My Uranus opp my desc.
Desc ruler, Moon, trines Uranus.
Leo intercepted in the 7th. Sun in House 11.

I see marriage as an institution that guarantees you alimony, nothing else. So I look for a guy who I can spend the rest of my life with outside marriage. I'd die if I don't get into a relationship equivalent to marriage. I'm no longer cool with 'free love'. I need enough space to "admire" other men & allow my guys to maintain sexual relationships(without any emotions involved & with protection) outside. Although long distance & online relationships lack the solidity I look for, my strongest & deepest relationship was a LDR. The only guy I've ever liked was a polar opp!! I've a sag sun, virgo moon & cap asc. He has a virgo sun, gem moon & cancer asc.

My longest relationship was 8 months long. My best relationship was with someone who has a T-square(Moon/Venus/Uranus) with Uranus at the apex. I'd tell him about his friends who were checking me out & he'd tell me about his crushes. He even introduced me to one of his crushes & I remember the sly glances & grins we passed throughout. I sincerely value the friendship & understanding we shared. I too choose unavailable men & ignore the ones looking for something serious.

You could address issues within yourself. If you're someone who chooses jerks, try being friends first. Being friends matters a lot to 7H Uranians. Moreover, you'll get to see what the person is like before investing emotionally. I know plutonians & saturnians don't gel with me so I avoid them. I've learnt that all my friends have a strong Uranus or aqua personal planets. See what works for you. Compromise on your part is necessary for any successful relationship. However, don't compromise so much that you lose your identity during the process, feel stifled & finally run out of the door.

Nothing is written in stone. If any ex boyfriend had read descriptions given for Sagittarian Venus & Uranus opp desc, he would've passed me for a player. I used to cheat but I'm a very committed person now. There are many people in this forum who have been in long term relationships so you certainly won't be single for the rest of your life unless you choose to.
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:45 AM

i have both pluto and uranus in 7th! good times. transformation through relationship is kind of hard if i just keep running away. this is my biggest battle in life. i crave the closeness, yet the freedom.

i recently met somebody i really like (despite him being the opposite of my usual type). i am completely freaked out and have already tried pushing him away. he's very uranian with an aqua moon and uranus conjunct his ascendant. i don't see anything controlling in his chart or behaviour. actually, he is super mellow and this throws me off. this hasn't even gotten off the ground, and i'm already worried about getting stuck. i think this is uranus in 7th.

Last edited by bittermoon; 05-12-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:19 AM

Probably the super mellow guys aren't your type? You also have Pluto in the 7th and are looking for someone with plutonian & uranian qualities. Mellow guys aren't known to be fun, experimental, intense, aggressive, etc. Everytime I read the word mellow, I remember Neptune, Moon & Venus. There's perhaps nothing in him that truly attracts you. Your 7H Uranus takes full blown advantage of the situation & triggers off the 'stuck in a rut' feeling.

There's no point giving in to that feeling if you want to give this guy a chance. Every time you listen to it, the stronger it gets and you end up a lot more frustrated.
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
i have both pluto and uranus in 7th! good times. transformation through relationship is kind of hard if i just keep running away. this is my biggest battle in life. i crave the closeness, yet the freedom.

i recently met somebody i really like (despite him being the opposite of my usual type) and it's obvious the feelings are mutual. i am completely freaked out and have already tried pushing him away. he's very uranian with an aqua moon and uranus conjunct his ascendant. i don't see anything controlling in his chart or behaviour. actually, he is super mellow and this throws me off. this hasn't even gotten off the ground, and i'm already worried about getting stuck. i think this is uranus in 7th.

I just have Uranus myself. Course, I also got the deluxe pluto square venus aspect to make things interesting. Anyway, if you feel like you are getting stuck, odds are that there is too much pluto and not enough Uranus. Remember, the seventh house is your projection house, so it's actually your own reflection you are seeing, just the parts you don't own. Dial down your intensity and you might find the freedom you want.

I find seventh house pluto people tend to come my way often where relationships are concerned. About the time I say the words "marriage ain't gonna happen" they start to burn. If I then say something next such as "and furthermore, you aren't gonna own me" well, that's just usually enough to give them a nuclear meltdown.

Tags
house, means, single, uranus