Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 07-02-2020, 11:40 PM

I have a challenge for people.

I have a challenge for people, post pics of statues and monuments that aren't dedicated to warlords or have to do with war. I'll post when I come across them.

The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 07-05-2020, 08:35 PM

Maybe more constraints should be places because there are tons of religious statues not directly tied to war or warlords
Unread 07-06-2020, 12:57 AM

Re: I have a challenge for people.

https://ktvz.com/news/oregon-northwe...uring-protest/

Iconic, 120-year-old Portland elk statue removed after fire set during protest

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A 120-year-old statue of an elk has been removed from downtown Portland after protesters lit a fire underneath it Wednesday night.

The statue, which sits atop the David P. Thompson Fountain, has been the target of graffiti and fires during the weeks of protests against systemic racism, police brutality and the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police.

The elk and fountain were donated to the city by one-time mayor David P. Thompson in 1900 to honor elk that once roamed the Willamette Valley., The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. They sit near the Justice Center, the focal point of nightly protests.

And then last night they blowtorched another statue, of a Pioneer family. It is a man , woman and child, dressed in pioneer clothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pr...and_(sculpture)
The Promised Land is a bronze sculpture depicting a pioneer family, including a father, mother and son, at the end of their journey. It was commissioned by the Oregon Trail Coordinating Council for $150,000 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Oregon Trail. The sculpture measures approximately 10 feet (3.0 m) x 5.5 feet (1.7 m) x 5.5 feet (1.7 m). The Smithsonian Institution offers the following description:

Standing figures of a pioneer family, circa 1843. The parents stand to the back and their son stands between them in front. The father is bearded and wearing a long-sleeve shirt, trousers with suspenders and mid-calf boots. He points with his proper right hand and his proper left arm is around his wife, who wears a long prairie dress shawl, and apron. Her hair is in a bun, and she holds a doll to her chest in her proper left hand. The boy wears trousers with suspenders and his shirt sleeves are rolled up. He holds a Bible in his proper right hand, against his proper right leg. A wagon wheel and leaning rifle stand behind the father figure.[2]
Unread 07-06-2020, 02:32 AM

https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM8TR1_Jack_Miner_Kingsville_Ontario

He was a different man in his younger days. Found God. Started a bird sanctuary. Seems the birds appreciate the sanctuary, but retain a memory of his past, as there is usually bird poop on his head.��

1280 1280

Sorry Cold Fusion, I can't figure out making it small, I will erase the picture if you prefer.

Last edited by Opal; 07-06-2020 at 03:37 AM. Reason: link didn't work
Unread 07-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Re: I have a challenge for people.

“The Idaho Farmer,” created by local artist Terry Lee, was commissioned by The Jacklin Family and donated to the City of Coeur d’Alene “in recognition of the Idaho Farmers who produce seeds, food and fodder from the prairies, meadows and gentle slopes of North Idaho.” The statue is located next to the extremely popular “American Worker” statue, also created by Terry Lee, and donated to the City of Coeur d’Alene by Dean and Cindy Haagenson.

The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.