Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-16-2020, 01:29 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Interesting and informative
Origen is entitled to his opinion - as is Pythagoras
''Bishop Philip came in, and Demetrius, another bishop, said: Brother Origen teaches that the soul is immortal.

Orig.: The remark of father Demetrius has given us the starting point for another problem. He asserted that we have said the soul is immortal. To this remark I will say that the soul is immortal and the soul is not immortal. Let us first define the meaning of the word "death," and determine all its possible senses. I will try to show all its meanings not by appealing to the Greeks, but all its meanings as found in the divine Scripture. Perhaps one more learned than I will point out other senses also. But for the present I am aware of three kinds of death. What are these three kinds of death? According to the apostle, a man may live unto God and die unto sin. This death is a blessed thing. A man dies to sin. This death my Lord died. "For in that he died, he died unto sin." I know also another sort of death, according to which a man dies to God; concerning this it was said: "The soul that sins, it shall die." And I know of a third kind of death, according to which we commonly suppose that those who are separated from the body die. For "Adam lived nine hundred and thirty years and died." There being, then, three kinds of death, let us see whether the human soul is immortal in respect of the three kinds of death, or if not in respect of the three, yet in respect of some of them. The death that is a matter of moral indifference all men die. It is that which we consider dissolution. No soul of man dies this death. For if it did so, it would not be punished after death. It is said: "Men shall seek for death and shall not find it." In this sense every human soul is immortal. But in the other meanings, the soul in one sense is mortal, and blessed if it dies to sin.
'' - https://sites.google.com/site/demont...th_heracleides

''The Dissension of the Arabians. About the same time others arose in Arabia, putting forward a doctrine foreign to the truth. They said that during the present time the human soul dies and perishes with the body, but that at the time of the resurrection they will be renewed together. And at that time also a synod of considerable size assembled, and Origen, being again invited there, spoke publicly on the question with such effect that the opinions of those who had formerly fallen were changed.
— Ecclesiastical History VI,37 by Eusebius of Caesarea''

Brother Beryllus had it right with the humanity of Jesus and the mortality of the soul. We know that the Arabic bishops didn't believe in the immortality of the soul well into the 8th century, as their belief was called ''soul death'' by John of Damascus the servant of idols in the 8th century.

The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-16-2020)
Unread 03-16-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post

''Bishop Philip came in, and Demetrius, another bishop, said: Brother Origen teaches that the soul is immortal.
Orig.: The remark of father Demetrius has given us the starting point for another problem. He asserted that we have said the soul is immortal.

To this remark I will say that the soul is immortal

and

the soul is not immortal.
makes sense
Quote:

Let us first define the meaning of the word "death," and determine all its possible senses. I will try to show all its meanings not by appealing to the Greeks, but all its meanings as found in the divine Scripture. Perhaps one more learned than I will point out other senses also. But for the present I am aware of three kinds of death. What are these three kinds of death? According to the apostle, a man may live unto God and die unto sin. This death is a blessed thing. A man dies to sin. This death my Lord died. "For in that he died, he died unto sin." I know also another sort of death, according to which a man dies to God; concerning this it was said: "The soul that sins, it shall die." And I know of a third kind of death, according to which we commonly suppose that those who are separated from the body die. For "Adam lived nine hundred and thirty years and died." There being, then, three kinds of death, let us see whether the human soul is immortal in respect of the three kinds of death, or if not in respect of the three, yet in respect of some of them. The death that is a matter of moral indifference all men die. It is that which we consider dissolution. No soul of man dies this death. For if it did so, it would not be punished after death. It is said: "Men shall seek for death and shall not find it." In this sense every human soul is immortal. But in the other meanings, the soul in one sense is mortal, and blessed if it dies to sin.'' - https://sites.google.com/site/demont...th_heracleides

''The Dissension of the Arabians. About the same time others arose in Arabia, putting forward a doctrine foreign to the truth. They said that during the present time the human soul dies and perishes with the body, but that at the time of the resurrection they will be renewed together. And at that time also a synod of considerable size assembled, and Origen, being again invited there, spoke publicly on the question with such effect that the opinions of those who had formerly fallen were changed.
— Ecclesiastical History VI,37 by Eusebius of Caesarea''

Brother Beryllus had it right with the humanity of Jesus and the mortality of the soul. We know that the Arabic bishops didn't believe in the immortality of the soul well into the 8th century, as their belief was called ''soul death'' by John of Damascus the servant of idols in the 8th century.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
petosiris (03-16-2020)
Unread 03-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
makes sense
He probably had 160+ IQ, as he knew Hebrew in Antiquity, knew very well the writings of the Greek philosophers and the Bible (the above is a very original interpretation made with remarkable memorizing of scripture), did the first textual criticism of the Bible in six columns, and seven stenographers and crew of copyists couldn't keep up with his homilies and writings. He was like the Mozart of philosophers, so his authority was almost equal to the Bible, until he was anathematized for Arianism and pre-existence of the souls in 553. Most of his works don't survive as a result.

Last edited by petosiris; 03-16-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Unread 03-16-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris;1033321

He probably had 160+ IQ, as he knew Hebrew in Antiquity, knew very well the writings of the Greek philosophers and the Bible (the above is a very original interpretation made with remarkable memorizing of scripture), did the first textual criticism of the Bible in six columns, and seven stenographers and crew of copyists couldn't keep up with his homilies and writings. He was like the Mozart of philosophers, so his authority was almost equal to the Bible, until he was anathematized for Arianism and pre-existence of the souls in 553.

Most of his works don't survive as a result.
Similarly, Sr Isaac Newton was jealous of
and copied many of the ideas of
brilliant contemporary rival Robert Hooke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrXv0dHARk

and obliterated as much as he could

all traces of Robert Hooke FRS 18 July 1635 Ė 3 March 1703
a British natural philosopher, architect and polymath
who played an important role in the scientific revolution
through both experimental and theoretical work.

Hooke's early life was as a brilliant but impecunious
scientific inquirer
followed by the period after the great fire of 1666
in which he achieved great wealth and standing
due to his reputation for hard work and scrupulous honesty
then later life dogged by ill-health
and dominated by jealous intellectual disputes.
This last is primarily responsible for his relative obscurity
in the centuries since his death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:10 PM

First case of Corona confirmed in our region
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Origen, unlike Pythagoras, utterly rejected transmigration, though he believed in the pre-existence of all souls (we can say he believed in two transmigrations, but then one can claim that resurrection entails one transmigration), similar to the Talmudic Guf, he also believed that the soul of Jesus was the most obedient of all, and so it united with the logos to become the Christ who was born in Bethlehem. So Origen thought that there is a soul -> soul in this life -> soul at the resurrection. This was his method of explaining why some people are born in more fortunate or unfortunate circumstances. But it is not biblical, it is platonic. It also assumes dualism.
I don’t see how obedience is a virtue.

Quote:
They don't like me over there.
Lol why?? You know so much about the scriptures

Quote:
Also it is the Chat forum, made for ''spiritual thoughts''?
Yeah well my spirituality is materialistic atheism so I like have more rational discussions in spiritual thoughts

Quote:
Siriusly- Threads on our CHAT board are not limited to astrology
and

objecting to the discussion of Christian values
is your prerogative
however
other people may be interested

NEWSFLASH
no need to read "talk about Christian stuff"
if it's objected to

FURTHERMORE
The thread title is "RANDOM thoughts, strictly text"
Q.E.D.
and so on
ad infinitum
Hallelujah Brethren
You wanna fight JA?
McDonald’s parking lot 6 pm
Don’t be late meme bag

Last edited by AppLeo; 03-16-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Also it is the Chat forum, made for ''spiritual thoughts''?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

aren't there Christian forums where you can talk about Christian stuff
like I don't understand why you're even on an astrology forum talking about Christian stuff
especially because Christians don't really like astrology
Quote:
Siriusly- Threads on our CHAT board are not limited to astrology
and
objecting to the discussion of Christian values
is your prerogative
however
other people may be interested

NEWSFLASH
no need to read "talk about Christian stuff"
if it's objected to

FURTHERMORE
The thread title is "RANDOM thoughts, strictly text"
Q.E.D.
and so on
ad infinitum
Hallelujah Brethren
Quote:

You wanna fight JA?
McDonald’s parking lot 6 pm
Don’t be late meme bag
obviously has nothing of any consequence to counter with

therefore
resorts to verbal aka written threats
of violence and implied intimidation

Siriusly pathetic
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:

therefore

Siriusly pathetic

Yeah well at least I donít write in blue font to be better than everyone else
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Should I just write in red font
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Take that JA; Iím using two colors
Unread 03-16-2020, 03:57 PM

Three colors
Iím a on a roll
Unread 03-16-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Lol why?? You know so much about the scriptures
I don't believe in the doctrine of the Triune God as a Unitarian, and that is often seen as worse than atheism, without exaggeration.

Quote:
Yeah well my spirituality is materialistic atheism so I like have more rational discussions in spiritual thoughts
Bruh.
Unread 03-16-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Should I just write in red font
There is no better font than ''bold navy''.
Unread 03-16-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in the doctrine of the Triune God as a Unitarian, and that is often seen as worse than atheism, without exaggeration.

Bruh.
Quote:
There is no better font than ''bold navy''.
Ahaha
Wow youíre worse than an atheist?? Jeez
How does it feel to be a sinner
Unread 03-16-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Ahaha
Wow you’re worse than an atheist?? Jeez
How does it feel to be a sinner
I am a sinner who begs for forgiveness and mercy from God everyday, but not on this point, because the Bible is very clear that the one and only true God is the Father - John 17:3. And we ought to obey God rather than men when their commands or teachings transgress those of the King of the universe - Acts 5:29.
Unread 03-16-2020, 04:51 PM

god will love me for rebelling against him because i practice the virtue of independent thinking
Unread 03-16-2020, 05:37 PM

Starting from now and lasting for the next 5 years approx, my *** is getting kicked by Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Charon. Especially Neptune and Pluto, the other time transits might not be so bad. But Neptune and Pluto have lessons for me. May god have mercy on my soul.
Unread 03-16-2020, 06:06 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:

therefore

Siriusly pathetic
Yes! You're finally getting at Trump's true nature, and how he does business. From "lock her up!" to having "rebellious" Republican Senators' "heads on a pike".
Unread 03-16-2020, 06:35 PM

Starting from now and lasting for the next 5 years approx, my *** is getting kicked by Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Charon. Especially Neptune and Pluto, the other time transits might not be so bad. But Neptune and Pluto have lessons for me. May god have mercy on my soul.
Unread 03-17-2020, 05:55 AM

You know, it's one thing to talk about a "difficult" transition from the tropical Age of Capricorn into the tropical Age of Aquarius, and another thing to have to be living through it!
Unread 03-17-2020, 08:30 AM

What are your symptoms DS?
Unread 03-17-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
What are your symptoms DS?
Exasperation.
Unread 03-17-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
He probably had 160+ IQ, as he knew Hebrew in Antiquity

Yeah, but more importantly, did he have common sense...

I wonder if Barach Spinoza mentioned him as either?

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/origen.html
Unread 03-17-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
He probably had 160+ IQ, as he knew Hebrew in Antiquity
Yeah, but more importantly, did he have common sense...

I wonder if Baruch Spinoza mentioned him as having paid him any mind?

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/origen.html

Last edited by leomoon; 03-17-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Unread 03-17-2020, 05:50 PM

Very brilliant people can sometimes say very stupid things.