Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9276  
Unread 01-16-2020, 06:59 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Neptune and Pluto cross paths as they orbit the Sun. Pluto is actually closer to the Sun than Neptune for about 20 years of its entire orbital period. Last time was 1979-1999.

Reply With Quote
  #9277  
Unread 01-16-2020, 07:11 AM
SunConjunctUranus SunConjunctUranus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,694
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Pluto is look like an ice cream to me.
Reply With Quote
  #9278  
Unread 01-16-2020, 08:46 AM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
and
And?
Reply With Quote
  #9279  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:04 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
And?
The word "And" is small, but great, like my astrological planet, Pluto.
Reply With Quote
  #9280  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:06 AM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The word "And" is small, but great, like my astrological planet, Pluto.
''Size does not matter'' - david starling
Reply With Quote
  #9281  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:12 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

VERY small words "I", and "A", are also great!
Reply With Quote
  #9282  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:15 AM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

From Stellarium, not sure if scaled - Sun and Moon are.
https://i.imgur.com/JEHJMWD.png
https://i.imgur.com/6OxR9lx.png
https://i.imgur.com/K27mHw7.png
Reply With Quote
  #9283  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:18 AM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

The five planets look like specks of dust.
Reply With Quote
  #9284  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:21 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
''Size does not matter'' - david starling
"Size doesn't NECESSARILY matter "-{david starling}.
Reply With Quote
  #9285  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:24 AM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
"Size doesn't NECESSARILY matter "-{david starling}.
Whenever you post that, I get the inclination to use a very vulgar joke that is probably against the rules.
Reply With Quote
  #9286  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:24 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
The five planets look like specks of dust.
Aspecks matter
Reply With Quote
  #9287  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:24 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Whenever you post that, I get the inclination to use a very vulgar joke that is probably against the rules.
That's what she said!
Reply With Quote
  #9288  
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:31 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Whenever you post that, I get the inclination to use a very vulgar joke that is probably against the rules.
Can you say it in Vulgar Latin?
Reply With Quote
  #9289  
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:04 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 57,292
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post


And?
and aka et
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post


The ''Effects'' of astronomy.

Quote:
1. Powers
Sun is heating and moderately drying
Moon is moistening and moderately cooling
Saturn is cooling and moderately drying
Jupiter is heating and moderately moistening
Mars is drying and burning
Venus is moistening and moderately heating
Mercury is alternating between drying and moistening

Sun is heating and moderately drying, this is made more easily perceptible with its size and the obviousness of its seasonal changes, for the closer it approaches the zenith, the more it affects us in this way.

Moon is moistening and moderately cooling, this is made more easily perceptible with its phases, for it has most obvious influence over the seas at the syzygies, however, because it reflects heat from the Sun, it is more moistening than cold.

Saturn is cooling and moderately drying, because it is furthest removed from the heat of the Sun and the moisture of the Earth.

Jupiter is heating and moderately moistening, with temperate active force because its orbit takes place between the cooling influence of Saturn and the burning influence of Mars.

Mars is drying and burning, in conformity with its position and rays, it has extreme heat not in quantity (the Sun produces more heat in quantity), but in quality especially due to its great dryness.

Venus is moistening and moderately heating, similar in nature to the Earth, but more heating, because it is closer to the heating influence of the Sun.

Mercury is alternating between drying and moistening, because it is in between the drying influence of the Sun and the moistening influence of Venus, it is rarely perceptibly hot or cold, because of its varied light relative to its size and distance from the Earth.

Quote:
2. Qualities
Jupiter and Venus are beneficent
Saturn and Mars are maleficent
Sun, Moon and Mercury are common

Moisture and heat are beneficent, fertile and active, dryness and cold are maleficent, destructive and passive.

The extreme heat of Mars is similar in maleficent quality to moderate amounts of cold and dryness. Common planets join their influences with the other planets, with whichever of them they are associated, although the Sun and the Moon have slight essential predisposition towards beneficence.

Quote:
3. Natures
Sun, Saturn, Jupiter and Mars are masculine
Moon and Venus are feminine
Mercury is common

Heat, dryness and cold are masculine, moisture is feminine.

Quote:
Morning planets are masculine
Evening planets are feminine

Eastern planets relative to the Sun are masculine because they have the first place in the cycle and they welcome the day, western planets relative to the Sun are feminine because they have the second place in the cycle and welcome the night. An additional reason is the increase and decrease of light in the two semicircles.

Quote:
Eastern planets are masculine
Western planets are feminine

The quadrants from the Hour-Marker to the Midheaven and from the Setting to the Anti-Midheaven are masculine, because they are eastern relative to the horizon and occupy the first halves of day and night. The quadrants from the Midheaven to the Setting and from the Anti-Midheaven to the Hour-Marker are feminine, because they are western relative to the horizon and occupy the second halves of day and night.

Quote:
4. Sects
Sun, Saturn and Jupiter are diurnal
Moon, Mars and Venus are nocturnal
Mercury is diurnal as morning planet and nocturnal as evening planet

Masculine planets are diurnal, feminine planets are nocturnal. Mars, however, because it is drying and excessively heating, is constituted nocturnal, and it produces much more temperate admixture with the Moon and Venus than with the Sun, Saturn and Jupiter.

Quote:
5. Phases
Moon is more moistening and moderately heating in first quarter
Moon is more heating and moderately drying in second quarter
Moon is more drying and moderately cooling in third quarter
Moon is more cooling and moderately moistening in fourth quarter

Morning additive planets are more moistening and moderately heating
Morning subtractive planets are more heating and moderately drying
Evening subtractive planets are more drying and moderately cooling
Evening additive planets are more cooling and moderately moistening

The heating and moderately drying powers of the second phases are obvious, in that they are most abundant and increasing in light, from this we can understand that the opposite phases are cooling and moderately moistening. Likewise, the additive planets are perceptibly stronger, so they must receive the airy powers, and the opposite phases, the earthy powers.

Moon, Saturn, Jupiter and Mars have air -> fire -> earth -> water cycle (similar to the seasons).
Venus and Mercury have air -> water -> earth -> fire cycle (similar to the angles).

Quote:
6. Rays
Black rays are cooling and moderately drying
White rays are heating and moderately moistening
Red rays are drying and burning
Yellow rays are moistening and moderately heating
Varied rays are alternating between drying and moistening

If a fixed star such as Aldebaran continuously emits red rays, it has the power, quality, nature and sect of Mars - drying and burning, maleficent, masculine and nocturnal.

If a fixed star such as Sirius continuously emits white rays with slight shades of red, it has the power, quality, nature and sect of Jupiter and moderately Mars - heat, but without moisture, beneficent, masculine and diurnal.

If fixed stars such as those in the mouth of Capricorn continuously emit faint rays with slight shade of yellow, they have the power, quality, nature and sect of Saturn and moderately Venus - cold and moderate moisture, common, masculine and diurnal.

If a solar eclipse is surrounded by red halos or the Sun emits red rays at the time, it is a sign of events predominated by Mars - hot weather, drought, loss of crops, wars etc.

Quote:
7. Places
Aries, Taurus and Gemini are moistening and moderately heating
Cancer, Leo and Virgo are heating and moderately drying
Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius are drying and moderately cooling
Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces are cooling and moderately moistening

The four seasons and their powers require no explanation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Quote:
8. Qualities
Aries and Libra are equinoctial
Cancer and Capricorn are solstitial
Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius are solid
Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces are dual


These qualities are named after what happens to the seasonal powers in these places. They change at the equinoxes and solstices, become solid in the solid places, and prepare for change in the dual places.

Quote:
9. Natures
Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius are masculine
Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces are feminine

The equinoctial places and the trigonal places are masculine.
The solstitial places and the trigonal places are feminine.

Quote:
10. Sects
Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius are diurnal
Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces are nocturnal

The masculine places are diurnal.
The feminine places are nocturnal.

Quote:
11. Ages
First age is moistening and moderately heating
Second age is heating and moderately drying
Third age is drying and moderately cooling
Fourth age is cooling and moderately moistening

The circle has no beginning, but since all living creatures have four ages with these powers corresponding to the seasons, it is so-held to begin with Aries. Planets experience increase or decrease of their powers in the different ages, as when events in adolescence are generally predominated by Venus, but those of early adulthood, by the Sun.

Quote:
12. Angles
Hour-Marker is drying and moderately cooling
Midheaven is heating and moderately drying
Setting is moistening and moderately heating
Anti-Midheaven is cooling and moderately moistening

The four directions, their winds and powers require no explanation.

Quote:
13. Configurations
Assemblies are common
Hexagons and trigons are harmonious
Tetragons and diameters are disharmonious

Assemblies and diameters make planets meet on one straight line and form powerful syzygies. The 1/3, 1/2 and 2/3 of the diameter are important configurations. Of these, the tetragon and the diameter are disharmonious, because their contrary qualities are responsible for the turning of seasons and lunar phases. The hexagon and the trigon are harmonious, because their winds are of the same nature and sect, which also tempers the assembly to common nature and the diameter to the nature of the tetragon. The hexagon is tempered to the nature of the trigon, because even though it doesn't have the same direction, it has the same nature and sect and takes less seasonal space (lesser difference). The 1/6 and 5/6 of the diameter are not configurations, because they are neither turning, nor do they belong to winds of the same nature and sect, so that even if they had relationship, this would be general and imperceptible.

Quote:
Configurations within 1 are complete
Configurations within 3 are powerful
Configurations within 7 are operative
Configurations within 15 are moderate

15 is the boundary before the beginning of the next configuration or the lack thereof, an additional reason is that it is the half of a place. Each interval is doubled in distance from the previous as 1 + 2 = 3 + 4 = 7 + 8 = 15, an additional reason is that these approximate one day, three days, one week and two weeks of the lunar months.

There are very few natural reasons for the usage of configurations by signs, ascensions and the so-called planetary orbs. Such we shall omit, likewise the usage of applications and separations is superfluous as we prefer current placements configurations at a given moment, and not motions in the future, otherwise the powers of the angles would be superfluous.

quote: 14. Stars
Non-wandering stars present within 1 cooperate with their powers, qualities, natures and sects

Non-wandering stars cooperate only in complete assemblies with angles, planets and the Lot, and they have neither phases nor other configurations, by reason of their constant position relative to each other.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #9290  
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:20 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,201
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Long quotes are somewhat like pictures in a thread!
Reply With Quote
  #9291  
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:36 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 57,292
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post

Long quotes are somewhat like pictures in a thread!
Saturnine observation
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #9292  
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:48 PM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Oh wait, OP specified text art as forbidden as well. Forum could use a spoiler functionality that hides text or pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #9293  
Unread 01-16-2020, 02:15 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Re-speckt matters.
Reply With Quote
  #9294  
Unread 01-16-2020, 02:18 PM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

At least he is quoting me from the traditional board.
Reply With Quote
  #9295  
Unread 01-16-2020, 02:32 PM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Long quotes are somewhat like pictures in a thread!
It is just a sentence though.
Reply With Quote
  #9296  
Unread 01-16-2020, 02:42 PM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Long quotes are somewhat like pictures in a thread!
Quoting me might not break the thread rule for memes, but it sure breaks the rule for text art.
Reply With Quote
  #9297  
Unread 01-16-2020, 02:48 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Quoting me might not break the thread rule for memes, but it sure breaks the rule for text art.
Right, I am not objecting to the original artful content, but the use of a quote as text art.

Do you have an annotated version?
Reply With Quote
  #9298  
Unread 01-16-2020, 02:52 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,998
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Cosmobiology requires a lot of text.
Reply With Quote
  #9299  
Unread 01-16-2020, 03:03 PM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Right, I am not objecting to the original artful content, but the use of a quote as text art.

Do you have an annotated version?
Nope, except for my comments in the thread, I explain most things after my 3rd post and give some additional details - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=130820
Reply With Quote
  #9300  
Unread 01-16-2020, 03:07 PM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Cosmobiology requires a lot of text.
Most people understand a modern 20th century astrology school by Cosmobiology that focuses on midpoints and eight factor aspects.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-16-2020)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.