I hate my birth chart

Dear AriesCancer:

Here is your original post: What I hate most is my sun, moon, and mercury in Aries. One or two planets in Aries is okay, but 3 is a little much. I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. If I had been born a day earlier my moon would be Pisces, I feel like that would've given me more depth. But oh well, what can I do.

In one of the two subsequent posts you said "I don't have great control over my emotions like a Capricorn though."

You never asked any question, never posed any particular problem you sought to resolve.

And now you ask if your chart looks like that of a psychopath.

I will answer your question with a question: What comprises psychopathy?

The psychatric experts who have dedicated their careers to the study of this condition, which occurs in roughly 5% of the general population and is (in my opinion) commonplace among highly placed, powerful people in politics and business (call me a cynical old man), are not unanimous in defining the characteristics that in the aggregate determine the psycopathic personality. But there is substantial overlap.

I am not, by any means, a qualified psychiatric clinician. I am an experienced, and I hope, competent astrologer. If you put any stock in superstitious hokum such as astrology, my answer to your question follows. The answer is based on finding, or not finding, convincing evidence in the horoscope for the existence, in your personality -- in sufficient strength -- of the characteristics of the psychopath as described by several leading authorities in psychiatry. Among them are Hervey Cleckley, Robert Hare and Christopher J. Patrick. These gentlemen offer us different perspectives on the disorder.

I will use Patrick's Triarchic Model for purposes of the investigation, because of its simpler structure. He lists three main character traits along with their derivatives or extensions:

Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness.
Poor impulse control including problems with planning and foresight, lacking affect and urge control, demand for immediate gratification, and poor behavioral restraints.
Lacking empathy and close attachments with others, disdain of close attachments, use of cruelty to gain empowerment, exploitative tendencies, defiance of authority, and destructive excitement seeking.

Additionally, the psychopath typically displays these other character traits: Lack of empathy. Narcissism; feelings of grandiosity (often unmerited when judged by performance or accomplishment) and self-importance. All-consuming self-centeredness. Pathological egocentricity. Total self-centeredness and an incapacity for real love and attachment. This is an exploitative personality, ruthlessly using other people to satisfy personal desires. Lack of remorse. Superficial charm. Poise in any situation. Verbal facility; untruthfulness and insincerity. Unreliability, disregard for obligations, no sense of responsibility. Poor judgment and failure to learn from experience. General poverty of deep and lasting emotions. Ingratitude. An excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky.

These are most of the principal indices of psychopathy, generally agreed upon by most experts.

I find your horoscope to be heavily laden with these character traits, strongly emphasized and prominent. I find each and every one of the traits listed above to be present and powerful, without exception.

The short answer is Yes.

I think (it is my opinion as of this moment) that you are toying with us (the members of this community) for your personal amusement, which is why I used the metaphor of the cat.

Fine, your entitled to that opinion. I know I am not a psychopath so your comment is ridiculous to me. I started a thread so I could hear people's thoughts about my chart and I am happy with peoples' inputs, despite your rude ones. I didn't expect to be personally attacked like this.

greybeard

I am not attacking you.

I am reading your chart for you, free and without obligation. There is a long list of character traits shown by your chart which I have posted for your consideration. In a previous post I described, in a general way, the astrology that leads to these conclusions about your character.

Surely you don't expect every comment on your chart to be painted in bright, glowing, happy colors, showing a saint. None of us qualify for such a reading; we are each and all human beings with all the accompanying warts and blemishes.

You asked, I answered. The answer is sincere and well-intentioned, astrologically accurate.

Are you saying that "none of the above is true of me"? I will be grateful if you would point out where my interpretation is in error.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Greybeard,

This is what people expect from astrology. Since the computer generated programs are all that most people have, or the stuff from the Rolling Stone or Seventeen Magazine, they are used to astrology telling them how wonderful they are.

Most people expect professional astrologers to do the same.

So when someone visits here, they ask for a free one that is just like the trash astrology that they've experienced all their short(usually) or long(like us) lives.

When we treat the chart as if its the blueprint of their life(which it is) and we tell it like it is(which is it is) they are unhappy to be reminded that that didn't actually live in Lake Wolbegone.

How often I've seen it. Someone will write in here about how their relationship is going the Hail in a hand basket and want to know why. And so we tell them why, and not only do they not thank us for all our hard work, they leave and never reply again. Or, they've studied sun sign astrology or internet astrology for 2 months or a year or even 2 years, and they argue with us and tell us that we have a right to our opinion, the one that we developed by studying the subject for 50 years.

How often we've seen it.

It is what is is, as you well know.

Last edited:

greybeard

Well, AriesCancer...There's a second opinion.

Zarathu, like me, has been puttering around with astrology for over 40 years.

Z, I liked your "Wrong answer". I reckon you knew what was coming. The chart speaks for itself, is (in my opinion) unequivocal.

In the Aztec pantheon Tezcatlipoca, whose name means "Smoking Mirror", is the god of astrology and astrologers. He rules the north and the night, and crossroads. And he carries with him his Smoking Mirror. When he encounters an enemy, he holds up his smoking mirror (the mirror that is astrology) and forces his enemy to "see himself as he really is." The enemy can't bear what he sees and retreats in abject defeat. It is a terrible thing to have to face ourselves.

If we're honest, we often don't like what we see. But reality is reality, and as AriesCancer so astutely observed, "But, oh well, what can I do?"

Rather than be offended at my "rudeness", may I suggest to you, AriesCancer, that you look into the book The Psychopath Inside by James Fallon. As I said in my first post in reply to your query, "But then this is the hand you were dealt. How are you going to play it? You can't win if you fold." Folding is giving up, which includes denial of what is. The only way you win the game is by playing the hand you were dealt.

I repeat -- No one is attacking you. You asked for an appraisal of your horoscope. If you reject what I said, well and good. But you might consider finding someone in the field of psychiatry to provide you with a personality evaluation so that you can have the opinion of someone other than an astrologer. If such evaluation gives results counter to what I said, then you can throw me on the rubbish heap as a sham. If such evaluation confirms what I said, then you will have an understanding of your reality and have a solid starting foundation for living the rest of your life.

Last edited:

RodJM

ariescancer, have you tried doing your natal chart with sidereal system (Fagan/Bradley) or the Lahari approach? There's only about 1 degree difference between them.
I think you will be surprised at the different interpretations that will result...

Last edited:

sworm09

What I hate most is my sun, moon, and mercury in Aries. One or two planets in Aries is okay, but 3 is a little much. I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. :( If I had been born a day earlier my moon would be Pisces, I feel like that would've given me more depth. But oh well, what can I do.

my chart from astrotheme.com
ZwLjZmR5BGNkZGR0ZQNjZQRjZQNkBQZ4BQV.png

Actually if I had been born 6 hours earlier my moon would be in Pisces. I still like to think I carry a little Pisces with me

So are you asking a specific question? I don't quite know what you want to achieve from saying this and posting this here....

You're chart ruler is the Moon. The Moon is peregrine. You are the Moon and you are peregrine. That means that you are the restless, wavering type. Very aimless and go with the flow, constantly wondering what you're doing with yourself or why.

The Moon is in Aries, so your restless aimlessness is given a very energetic and jumpy nature. Here one day and there the next. The Moon is in the 10th. I bet your career outlook or aspirations shift from day to day, huh? I think choosing a career path is going to be difficult for you as well.

Sun is conjunct the Moon, so the Moon is combust, adding a sense of overwhelmed fear to your confused and aimless nature. The Sun receives the Moon (by exaltation), which means that you may obtain a suitable amount of honor or a career. The Sun rules your 2nd house, so that suggests that you'll have the money and honor to romp around as much as you want in this lifetime.

Birch Dragon

I think we need to take a breather and let aries cancer have some room to start this thread again with a question that will get it moving in a positive direction.
And by "positive" I don't mean a sugar-coated reading of the chart, but a conversation more constructive for him and us.
Ariescancer, everybody on this site is asking for a question from you that we can focus on answering.
Maybe you could answer me this: What's the concern behind you're initial post? What's the deeper thing you're thinking about that led you to tell us you don't like certain things about you're chart.

Do you feel like you are saddled with a certain problem or lacking a certain quality and you want to know what your chart says about that or what to do about it?

Do you want to know why you might be saddled with a chart you don't like? A wider discussion about what the natal chart actually is and what it means if a person feels like they don't like theirs?

Are you wondering whether the parts you don't like (double Aries, say) can be expressed in ways you can feel better about?

I'm sure there's an underlying question that spurred your initial post. If we had that to focus on maybe we could start this whole discussion again on a better foot.

Last edited:

amrum11

I remain puzzled. You are given a gift of abilities and experiential awareness, and are protected from some really adverse placements, it is what it is...either you deal with it now, or you don't, up to you. The silver lining may be far more than you may think, but even more so, you never know what is really going on with someone else's situation, or some other placements, no matter how it may appear, that isn't really as important as these are the cards you have,( and probably nobody else does), but this is what you have. I would seek for the opportunities here, and not dwell on things presumed to be "negative" or "positive", perhaps you have the good fortune not to be where everyone else is.

LyP

I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. :(

Aries is cardinal sign, and is the first of the zodiac, moved and inclined to action
you can just make anything happen, 3 planets in this sign is great.

Your ruler of aries is in aquarius, you sure are not a boring person. ;

Aries alone is one of the most lively and vibrant signs of the zodiac , Aries are of fire element, which makes them quite shaken emotionally,as well ... sometimes a bit reactionary too, this element brings the drama and intensity of sensations . (so as water element of emotions) It is no less important,
this is not something superficial, is about being human .

There is another point, its moon is only 3° degrees, can charge a little pisces too.
You also have a stellium in Capricorn
Did you know the symbol of Capricorn is a goat with a fish tail ? why Capricorn is a earth sign emotionally deeper , it is as if he had not left off completely his roots in the water, so many Capricorns afraid of emotions , fear whereof cannot indentify as "palpable" ,some have fear of his roots .
You may have "roots" in the water element. By this stellium

You also have Pluto and Saturn ruling on the map, at least from what I know (planets in domicile will dominate the map)
Pluto in Scorpio generation can be very deep emotionally .

There are also other observations in that topic .
if it helps, I know how you feel bro, the phrase I quoted you is how I think about my map also.I have a stellium in Sagittarius,never liked the characteristics of this sign,I try to control myself ... haha

in more, you can be sure that it is an intense person.
You feel this? then you is. you feel it is;

Last edited:

miquar

Hi AriesCancer. Sometimes when we don't like a part of our chart (i.e. ourselves) its because the people in our early environment modelled that archetype in a way that we didn't like. There may have been Aries-types around during your childhood - perhaps your parents - who were Arian, but whom you didn't find very inspiring. Since Aries is so strong in your chart, its likely that some of the people you strongly like express certain Arian traits, and also that some of the people you strongly dislike express Arian traits. It might be worth you considering a few examples of each case.

But I wonder, if your chart is boring, then what kinds of features make a chart interesting, which are lacking in your chart? Its an interesting thread because where the Moon and Sun are in conflicting signs, it is usually the case that at least one of those signs is seen by the native as having good qualities. Your Sun and Moon are in the same sign, and yet you don't like that sign.

As has been pointed out, a Sun Moon conjunction in Aries square Jupiter, with a bit of Aquarius thrown in, is not most people's idea of a boring disposition. Its all very intriguing...

kewf1988

:andy: whyy?? Venus in Aquarius conjunct your Mars in the 8th is interesting and quirky, I think. But that's just me- I'm biased because I have Aquarius on my 7th house cusp :tongue::whistling:
Mars is quite a dominant planet for you, and it is placed in a water house. Isn't that the kind of sensitive/spiritual thing you're looking for?
Your Aries planets squaring your Neptune/Uranus indicates a spiritual side of you, I think, but in a kind of painful and ungrounded way (though your strong Capricorn should balance that out).

This. Your chart has a HUGE Mars/Saturn influence as all your planets except for Jupiter are in signs ruled by Mars (Scorpio, Aries) and Saturn (Capricorn, Aquarius), which should signify a lot of fire and determination to succeed. And the squares to Neptune and Uranus do signify a spiritual side... my 4th house Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus (Saturn and Neptune in Capricorn and Uranus in Sagittarius) all get sextiles from 2nd house Moon in Scorpio and 6th house Mars in Pisces, and the Moon in Scorpio trines the Mars in Pisces and is conjunct Pluto, which is in the 3rd house, so Moon and Pluto also control each other's houses. The Moon in Scorpio and Mars in Pisces also get trines from my 10th house Venus and Mercury in Gemini. That whole sequence explains why I'm into astrology. In my chart, Sagittarius is the only fire sign that a planet is placed in, and nearly all my placements are in air (Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Chiron in Gemini, POF in Aquarius) or mutable signs (the Gemini placements, Virgo ascendant, Uranus in Sagittarius, Mars and north node in Pisces), which means that I'm a brainiac whose purpose is to unearth knowledge (and by methods such as astrology because of all the sextiles and trines to my Scorpio and Pisces planets) and communicate it to people. Nobody has a perfect chart (my Capricorn Saturn's in the 4th house of parenthood and in opposition to Mercury, which rules Gemini AND Virgo, which signifies a rough childhood which is true as I never met my biological father, though Mercury's in the 10th house of career, ruled by Saturn).

serafin5

What I hate most is my sun, moon, and mercury in Aries. One or two planets in Aries is okay, but 3 is a little much. I feel it makes me so boring and one dimensional. Everyone else has these cool combinations and it makes me jealous. :( If I had been born a day earlier my moon would be Pisces, I feel like that would've given me more depth. But oh well, what can I do.

my chart from astrotheme.com
ZwLjZmR5BGNkZGR0ZQNjZQRjZQNkBQZ4BQV.png

Actually if I had been born 6 hours earlier my moon would be in Pisces. I still like to think I carry a little Pisces with me

You have gotton a lot of really great advice not to mention a free analysis of your chart by professionals too which is lucky because normally you would have to pay an arm and a leg for. And honestly there have been times that I have said of my own chart/life that "I was born under a bad sign" or, my favorite, that I must have been a real SOB in my prior incarnation here and I am reaping what I sowed. Big time!

What is interesting is I knew a man, he has since passed, with gobs of sextiles and trines everywhere in his chart, but you would never in a million years assume this because of the life he lived! Every now and then I will go back and look at his chart and ponder all the years this man wasted and thank God for my weird neurotic little chart!:joyful:

A bit of food for thought......?

God bless
S5