What is your Ascendant in your relocated chart and how does it influence you?

noideaaboutastro

Does anybody know of any site that explains the role of changing ascendants in relocation astrology? I'm currently trying to understand this area of RA.....the lines are out of my reach so far!

What are your experiences of the ascendant influence in relocation astrology?

Natally my ascendant is in Scorpio but where I've lived over 15 years it's in Aries - so a complete back flip on my personality. I have to say it's probably true since I am very secretive and observant (and shy!) yet nobody seems to pick up that energy about me. Everybody thinks I'm really loud, assertive and come across as really strong and intense (well, intense yes but I don't mean the other things!)

If anybody can help me figure out what my IC, DC lines are being crossed by that would be good? Because so far I don't see any planets conjunct these? I think I've talked about this before but my IC is in Cancer here and yes I am very focused on family but I haven't felt very lucky in terms of friendship or relationships here.

Attachments

• natal chart relocationnnnnnn.jpg
    natal chart relocationnnnnnn.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 93

C0rnholio

Re: Ascendants in relocation astrology

Well, if you go back to where you were born, then your Sun will be in your 7th house. I know, I know, easier said than done. I am in a similar boat myself. I would like to hear what others have to say.

noideaaboutastro

Well, if you go back to where you were born, then your Sun will be in your 7th house. I know, I know, easier said than done. I am in a similar boat myself. I would like to hear what others have to say.

C0rnholio what have being your experiences with your relocated ascendant?

Relocated charts are relatively new thing with astrology and I suspect the jury is still out. Although I have seen lots of astro websites offering services of astro cartography for where would be the best places to live, but not everyone has this luxury to just up sticks and emigrate. But having said this if you have planets in cadent houses, by moving you could bring them into Angular houses and more visible and available to you...

C0rnholio

Well, I am now a believer in Relocation astrology. Learned it on my own experience, the hard way. That new Gemini Ascendant is surely there, mental, talkative, with the ruler in the 2nd house bringing me some money, but it is trumped by the Saturn conjunction, and Saturn in the 1st house. This is no joke. It's pretty much the same as having been born with Saturn conj AS.

I am quite thick-skinned, I kept shrugging it off. It took me 14 years (1/2 of the Saturn's cycle!) to figure out what was wrong, but I finally figured it out. I wonder if Saturn would be nice to me now, or do I still need to pick up my stuff and get out of here? I probably should, if an opportunity comes. Saturn is a good teacher, but it is no helper.

Another thing, that Moon-Neptune conjunction in the 6th house and no planets in the 10th - lots of work but no career. It's fun work though, most people's successful careers do not give them a fraction of the fun that my job gives me. But the relocation chart is surely working. No doubt.

If astro cartography is real then the relocation charts are also real. It's because that astro cartography is based on relocation charts. They just plot each AS, MC, DC, IC on the globe and that makes a map. But the foundation of that is relocation charts.

I read an old early 2001 (pre-9/11) astrological publication where a guy predicted the two American wars, specifically the war in Afghanistan as one of them. I need to go back and see how he did it. But it was basically some combination of progressions and astro cartography. At the end of his forecast he drew a line through Russia and Afghanistan and said: it's not likely that the US would have a war with Russia in the next 2 years, so it must be Afghanistan then. Just like that.

Last edited:

C0rnholio

The transiting Saturn at 29deg 45 min of Cap is squaring my relocated Gemini Ascendant these days. So I am feeling that Saturn especially strong.

noideaaboutastro

The transiting Saturn at 29deg 45 min of Cap is squaring my relocated Gemini Ascendant these days. So I am feeling that Saturn especially strong.

Good luck!

I've definitely noticed a difference. Had to get far away from the place where I was born - Saturn on the ASC there - ugh.

Now I've got Jupiter on the ASC and Sun on the DSC, but I have a weird Jupiter and a VoC Sun (plus they're opposed, and NN conjuncts Jupiter while SN conjuncts Sun) and this has not been an entirely happy place for me. Still, miles better than having Saturn rising.

When I lived in the UK, I had Mars angular on the DSC, and could feel it - so many people being hostile and aggressive for no reason I could figure out, a horrible accident - bleh. Love the museums and libraries and theatres in London especially, but I wouldn't want to live there again!

I think my best places were Paris (Venus on the DSC) and New Orleans (Venus on the IC). I don't have anywhere Venus is on the ASC that isn't in the middle of the sea - but life was a lot easier, less stressful, and more fun with an angular Venus. I have Venus exalted in Pisces in my natal chart and it has no afflictions - if I had the choice or the chance, I'd go back to one of those places.

Thanks fo rsharing!

Well, I am now a believer in Relocation astrology. Learned it on my own experience, the hard way. That new Gemini Ascendant is surely there, mental, talkative, with the ruler in the 2nd house bringing me some money, but it is trumped by the Saturn conjunction, and Saturn in the 1st house. This is no joke. It's pretty much the same as having been born with Saturn conj AS.

I am quite thick-skinned, I kept shrugging it off. It took me 14 years (1/2 of the Saturn's cycle!) to figure out what was wrong, but I finally figured it out. I wonder if Saturn would be nice to me now, or do I still need to pick up my stuff and get out of here? I probably should, if an opportunity comes. Saturn is a good teacher, but it is no helper.

Another thing, that Moon-Neptune conjunction in the 6th house and no planets in the 10th - lots of work but no career. It's fun work though, most people's successful careers do not give them a fraction of the fun that my job gives me. But the relocation chart is surely working. No doubt.

If astro cartography is real then the relocation charts are also real. It's because that astro cartography is based on relocation charts. They just plot each AS, MC, DC, IC on the globe and that makes a map. But the foundation of that is relocation charts.

I read an old early 2001 (pre-9/11) astrological publication where a guy predicted the two American wars, specifically the war in Afghanistan as one of them. I need to go back and see how he did it. But it was basically some combination of progressions and astro cartography. At the end of his forecast he drew a line through Russia and Afghanistan and said: it's not likely that the US would have a war with Russia in the next 2 years, so it must be Afghanistan then. Just like that.

Thanks for sharing that as well - wow, didn't know about the guy who predicted the two wars!

whammy:kiss

Hey guys, I just noticed this thread--I don't know anything about relocated charts but I'm about to make a big move to California, from Michigan in a couple weeks. Does anyone know how to go about getting a relocation chart or how to make one? Any info would be appreciated, thanks. :happy:

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    46.9 KB · Views: 48

Ok, so I figured out how to adjust my chart and get a relocated chart on astro.com. My ascendant has moved into Libra and the signs on my houses are completely different. Also my chiron (in gemini) appears in the 9th house, which I haven't seen before (don't really know what that means yet). Scorpio has moved into my third house, and Libra is in the 2nd now. My MC is different too; now it's cancer. I just don't get how to interpret whatever aspects are going on, based on looking at this chart.

Attachments

• relocate.jpg
    relocate.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 43
Hey guys, I just noticed this thread--I don't know anything about relocated charts but I'm about to make a big move to California, from Michigan in a couple weeks. Does anyone know how to go about getting a relocation chart or how to make one? Any info would be appreciated, thanks. :happy:

Yep, go to astro.com in free horoscopes, Extended chart selection just put in new birth town, leave all other details same and it will give you new chart as if you were born their. :wink:

yeah now I just gotta figure out how everything has changed in the houses, and decipher it :) I just read about my chiron in gemini in the 9th house; VERY interesting.

Attachments

• relocate.jpg
    relocate.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 25

Thank you much; I actually went to the bobmarksastrologer one and liked it a lot. I think what the chiron symbolizes is so interesting, but that's for a different thread.

LilMamaCiji_69

I was actually born in Fort Worth, Texas and my natal ascendant is in 6 degrees Virgo. I now live in Madison, Maine and my progressed ascendant is in 7 degrees Libra and I feel as though my ascendant has been modified a little bit. I still have Virgo Rising, but I put forth more effort into beauty(Libra)...Like wearing make-up and more feminine clothes with pretty colors!!! (Libra) When I was younger, I never wore make-up and wore t-shirts and jeans(Virgo)...Also, I am ALOT more social than I ever was before!!! (Libra) I used to be painfully shy and wouldn't speak around people that I didn't know!!! (Virgo)
My natal sun is in 21 degrees Pisces and has progressed into 15 degrees Aries...I am ALOT less sensitive (Pisces) than I used to be and I have SO MUCH MORE energy (Aries) than I ever had!!! It's like I can't ever sit still, lol!!!
I am just speaking from experience...I REALLY hope this helps!!!:biggrin:

njmfff

I am not sure if I am on the right track, but if anything I say can help... :)

My natal Asc is 13 Capricorn 11 , and it moved to 8. Aquarius 13, ... I've noticed lot of changes once Asc moved to Aquarius. Deep down I am still Rising Capricorn, but I am more open to new people, new ideas, will listen what others have to say (Aquarius), but still keep to my own opinions and so on... (Capricorn) I am also a lot easier to get along with, and less critical. I prefer understanding people now first (Aq). Also, people seem to be running towards me. Sometimes, people on the street just stop next to me and start talking about them for no apparent reason. It's weird and creepy most of the time. :)

also, my Natal Sun moved from Cancer to Leo (0.52) and I've noticed changes there. I am lot more ongoing, social, surrounded by friends and lot more confident in myself (Leo). Also, I'm more fixed in the things I want, and chance of me abandoning the idea is minimum.

In general, I am more active, social and determinate (Leo) but I require lot of freedom in personal relationships, either partner or friends (Aquarius)... and yeah, I am still attention w..re lol

Hope this would be of any help.

quartz

njmfff,
we were born with the same asc capricorn and relocation brings it to aquarius for both of us. I can understand what you say.
Are you sure that your sun changed signs? relocation chart is on the same hour in a different place so that planets, even the moon should not change degrees.
Its is the first time I look at my relocated map and could explain some more tuned aspects of my personality eventhough I think that the basic one is more than enough.
I will look at transit to this chart and see if there I can find some more information.
Is a relocated chart affected by transits?

njmfff

oh sorry, my mistake. I did move from my birth town to another, but I doubt there were some huge effect on my natal since both towns should be in the same time zone (they are around 100+km away) but my Sun did progress in Leo, as well as Asc from Capricorn to Aquarius (in progressed chart) and I've notice I got more then few perks of those signs. lol

guess I will be drama queen for the next 15-20 years now, lol

noideaaboutastro

kbell - how long have you being relocated though? It may take some time to see the difference.

As for me, I am going mad. I know I need to relocate but nowhere where I could potentially find a job is considered great on my chart. *bangs head on brick* I know I hate this place though, I am slowly dying (not joking)...

gem1ni

I have found that the ASC is actually very important in relocation. Astrocatrography focuses on angular planets and neglects the signs on the angles, and aspects to the angles, but I have found these to be critical. After the angular planets, that's what we shold look at when examining a relocation.

For example, I live with Mars and Pluto conjunct the IC. My ASC is 29 Taurus. If I move to another city slightly north from here, my ASC becomes 2 Gemini, but Mars and Pluto remain at exactly the same position. Interestingly, my experiences in these two cities are totally different. For sure, I feel the effects of Mars-Pluto in both, but I also feel much lighter, happier and comfortable with the Gemini ASC than with the Taurus. The Taurus ASC is boring, heavy, claustrophobic and people seem unattrative and threatening. So, it sems that the ASC interacts with the angular planets and brings out the best or worst in them. The Gemini ASC also gives me a direct trine from Jupiter which also rules the DSC, and generally makes this a much more sociable place.

If you have angular planets in a location, you should also look at the ruler of the ASC and how it aspects the angular planets - that's also indicative. My mars is square Venus (the ruler of my current ASC), so it brings up conflict. However, my Mercury is sextile Mars (the ruler of the ASC in the other city) and it eases the tension of the Mars IC.