Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 05-08-2008, 03:53 PM

sextiles and trines

Newbie questions:

1 What's the main difference between a sextile and a trine?

2 Do they operate automatically, or are they opportunities that require choice and effort in order to take advantage of them?

3 Speaking of trines, Sakoian and Acker say: "It is the most fortunate of all aspects." Why's that?

Unread 05-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

easy and very easy, to dobro

dobro,

Both are aspects, which means both are about how energies and points connect together in the chart. I think the sextile indicates that there is an "easy" connection and the trine indicates they are a "very easy" connection. These aspects do tend to work on their own (that's why they are "easy"), but often if a person has too many sextiles and trines in their chart, things are so "easy" the person feels they don't need to make any effort at all. "Let the world come to me," is a kind of attitude these people can get. Of course, the world does NOT come to them, so those with a lot of sextiles and trines may find that life continually disappoints them. As to Sakoian and Acker's comments on the trine, I disagree: It think it is the EASIEST of aspects...but that does NOT mean it is always "fortunate".

Trining in a sextile way,

Tim

Last edited by wilsontc; 05-09-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM

Re: sextiles and trines

That makes a ton of sense to me, wilsontc. I'll finetune my understanding later on, but that's a good doorway in to begin with. Thanks.

Tags
sextiles, trines