The First U S Shutdown In 17 years Is Imminent On 1 October 2013

poyi

Premium Member
Tsmall

I had also heard your descriptions as well. I think it will come to actual practice to see how it really is. It will take a lot of observation and charts when it is not always so common condition. It is good to know both sides and test both for fun and for learning.

AquarianEssence

Thank you for pointing that out, Tsmall. I was going with what appears to be an earlier definition and what makes sense to me. A planet in fall or detriment must be familiar with the sign because it is recognized they don't do well there. So, how can they be foreigners to those signs? The signs of debility are like being in the house of their enemy instead of the house where they are treated as an honored guest, where they are exalted or in their own home. A peregrine planet reminds me of the biblical Cain, who was sentenced to wander as a foreigner his whole life, yet had a mark that protected him from being killed. Certainly it isn't implied that he entered enemy territory, where he falls or is in detriment. Peregrine reminds me of a foreign diplomat or a person visiting on a visa, protected entry for a foreigner. I'm not saying this gives them dignity, only certain protection, and still not able to display and exercise their normal talents or mischief, as if they had essential dignity or debility. But, I could be wrong there. I suppose many would think of any stranger as an enemy, if seen in their house or field.

tsmall

Premium Member
Thank you for pointing that out, Tsmall. I was going with what appears to be an earlier definition and what makes sense to me. A planet in fall or detriment must be familiar with the sign because it is recognized they don't do well there. So, how can they be foreigners to those signs? The signs of debility are like being in the house of their enemy instead of the house where they are treated as an honored guest, where they are exalted or in their own home. A peregrine planet reminds me of the biblical Cain, who was sentenced to wander as a foreigner his whole life, yet had a mark that protected him from being killed. Certainly it isn't implied that he entered enemy territory, where he falls or is in detriment. Peregrine reminds me of a foreign diplomat or a person visiting on a visa, protected entry for a foreigner. I'm not saying this gives them dignity, only certain protection, and still not able to display and exercise their normal talents or mischief, as if they had essential dignity or debility. But, I could be wrong there. I suppose many would think of any stranger as an enemy, if seen in their house or field.

I copied this post, and replied, on the thread I linked you to earlier so as not to divert the topic away from the shutdown. :smile:

JUPITERASC

DAY SEVEN OF GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN

'….Way out of political morass in Congress remains elusive
U.S. enters second week of partial government shutdown
with potential lapse in U.S. borrowing authority just 10 days away.

THOUGH REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS AND PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA SAY THEY WANT TO END GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN QUICKLY AND AVOID HISTORIC DEFAULT, THERE’S NO SIGN THEY’RE TALKING TO EACH OTHER AND THEIR DEMANDS ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

Standoff, heightened by Obama’s refusal to negotiate on measures needed to keep government solvent/running AND House Republicans’ demand for delay in 'Obamacare', means at least one side must make concession or find ways to describe concession as victory....'

'…...I don’t know what the path out this time is,” said Martin Frost, a former Democratic congressman from Texas, veteran of last partial government shutdown 1996.

At least three possible routes include a resolution, based on previous deadlocks:

the Senate jam, in which that chamber forces the House to accept a bipartisan compromise;

the complete cave, where one party buckles under public pressure;

and the fig leaf, where one side accepts a partial defeat while claiming a symbolic victory.

“There is a path out of everything,” said Representative Lynn Westmoreland, a Georgia Republican. “You just got to find it.”....'

dr. farr

Notice how the first house exalted Jupiter (in the event chart) is tending to prevent severe economic impact of the shutdown upon the economy: the debt limit will be raised, and so major economic problems (US default) will be averted: that's angular, rising, exalted Jupiter behind it!!

Phoenix Venus

Here is an intereylink that shows a ton of unnecessary things that were shut down due to this whole fiasco:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/list-obama-closures-for-shutdown

Marinka

Bad poll numbers and more conciliatory actions from the Republicans seems to be saying that they are on track to drop some of their "must-haves".

Notice that you are seeing more Republicans saying talks are going good while the Democrats are pretty quiet.

IMHO, seems like the GOP is getting a bit deflated.

AquarianEssence

Well, today is the 11th and I see there has been some movement, like I thought. You know, I'm not a party person at all. In fact I think it only serves as one more way to divide people. I've read about some of the bully tactics the WH is using but this lists just infuriates me. How dare he claim to represent the United States and be so divisive. Amber alerts were even shut down until the bad press made him put it back up. Disgusting. Thanks for this link. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/list-obama-closures-for-shutdown

Marinka

I usually don't do event charts unless they are being compared with an "original" chart and thus I have posted 2 charts (the way that I do it). The first of for Oct 1st and the 2nd for October 15th.

At a quick glance ....

Oct 1st chart
- Moon/Mars conjunct and having both just recently passed into 9th house and now moving apart - no deal, ideological differences
- Trans Merc 2 Scorpio in 11th tri ven at 3 Cancer in 7th - some communication is likely about this matter over the next few days but venus in the house of open enemies getting this trine is an indication of public fighting about how to get government working again (which our politicians seem to always do)
-Trans sun 8 Libra trine Uranus 8 Gem - sun is in position of power in the house typically ascribed to the President/leader. This makes an easy connection to Uranus in house of open enemies. This shutdown was expected and while jolting is being handled. While the communication line has been no compromise, this might have indicated otherwise. Could be wrong but, if less had been asked for, this could have been a "bone" that would have been thrown.
- Black moon will be conjuncting with Sun and this (IMO) indicates an alternate path that the ideology takes. Likely that Republicans come up with a compromise maybe, even one that is tolerable and is not seen as a compromise.
- south node conjunting Chiron (ruler of 10th, leader/president) - this is also hinting at compromise in the coming days. Maybe a hidden deal. This is a hint of tiredness with this ...
- Venus is moving towards the 1st house - as it passes through the 12th, likely hidden deals and maybe some announcement/public deal when venus emerges into the open at the ascendant which is about 10/15/2013.

Oct 15 chart -- Note Debt ceiling in 2 days

- Trans Sat at 11 Scorpio moving to trine the Sun at 13 cancer. This is a potent configuration and looks like there will be a move forward past differences but, hard to know for how long that would be as suggestions from chart suggest only a pushback until end of year
- Venus has moved over the 1st and a deal has already been announced or should be soon
- Moon approaching the 4th (house of endings) so this is likely coming to a close
- Mars at 29 Leo - Very little power left for the Mars which would be the opposition element and it will be seeking some practical accomplishments. Grandstanding will hopefully be ending or on the wan and business should start getting taken care of.

Note, I didn't look at every day which is typically what I do when I studying mundane events to make sure I account for all angles and leave very little to chance. In this case, I picked a logical conclusion and that appeared to be with the Venus moving over 1st.

October 15th is approaching -- will be interesting to see if Venus passing over the ascendant cools down the tempers and gets a deal done. Note, Mars would still need to move into Virgo but, looks possible for the 17th ..

JUPITERASC

995503_10152252330038275_26195948_n.jpg

SCHUMER CAUTIOUSLY HOPEFUL OF DEBT CEILING SOLUTION http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxLGwD7pdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5UDyWwbJkg

JUPITERASC

CNN UPDATE

'….THIRTEEN DAYS INTO PARTIAL GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN
four days before the U.S. government bumps up against its projected borrowing limit
there was little sign of movement Sunday toward resolving the latest budget impasse.

Senate reconvened Sunday afternoon, Majority Leader Harry Reid saying he would do "Everything I can throughout the day" to reach some sort of bargain with the chamber's Republican minority.

But a source familiar with the ongoing Senate discussions expressed doubt that any significant progress would be made Sunday evening. The Senate adjourned shortly before 5 p.m. ET and will meet again Monday at 2 p.m. ET.....'

'….Speaking on Senate floor, Reid said he had productive conversations, feels "optimistic" about prospects for a resolution. Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, said earlier that bipartisan group of senators is still trying to hash out plan acceptable to both sides.

"We had 12 people meet yesterday, but just last night I had two more Democrats and a Republican contact me to offer suggestions and say they want to be part of our group. It's taken far too long. We never should be in this situation, but I do believe there's going to be a resolution this week." she said on CNN's State of the Union....'

'….Reports of talks were positive
BUT
the only actions over weekend involved one "no" after another.

Reid said Saturday that plan Collins was assembling is no longer on the table, because it treated reopening the government as a "concession." Reid continues demanding any plan include a "clean" bill, one that raises debt limit and reopens government with no strings attached.

Republicans blocked a measure to extend debt limit with no strings attached, refusing to support a procedural vote that would have brought it to Senate floor.

House Republican leaders said President Barack Obama rejected their proposal for a six-week extension of federal debt ceiling....'

AquarianEssence

Marinka, Venus is quite out of bounds and hot right now so don't hold your breath, waiting for her to cool things down. She isn't always loving or wise, financially, and I'm concerned that being in Sag, ruling her own terms and being OOB, she will unwisely raise the limit and keep on spending beyond her means. She's still heading further OOB, but it is South, not North, heading down under. When Mars enters Virgo, he will be in mutual reception with Mercury. This has been a more intense shadow period for Mercury, fitting Scorpio's description. Usually I don't notice Mercury Rx issues until he stations but this time around, it seems like he's been Rx since entering shadow, accidents, traffic back ups, commerce complications, galore. I heard on the news too, that food stamp cards hadn't been working in 17 states, a technical glitch not related to the gov't shutdown. Clearly that's Mercury in the shadows. This should prove to be a tricky period for Obama, since it is making triple hard aspects to Obama's chart as well as stationing contra-antiscion his Sun, multiplying the influence of the coming eclipse for him. Of course, Jupiter is positioned to soften the blows. I hope he's not afraid to roll up his Mercury shirt sleeves and get his hands dirty, (Scorpio) cleaning up this mess, eliminating all the waste (Scorpio). I won't hold my breath for that one either. Republicans only seem to want to cut SS and welfare. Democrats only seem to want to spend more money without raising taxes. :crying:

Marinka

Marinka, Venus is quite out of bounds and hot right now so don't hold your breath, waiting for her to cool things down. She isn't always loving or wise, financially, and I'm concerned that being in Sag, ruling her own terms and being OOB, she will unwisely raise the limit and keep on spending beyond her means. She's still heading further OOB, but it is South, not North, heading down under. When Mars enters Virgo, he will be in mutual reception with Mercury. This has been a more intense shadow period for Mercury, fitting Scorpio's description. Usually I don't notice Mercury Rx issues until he stations but this time around, it seems like he's been Rx since entering shadow, accidents, traffic back ups, commerce complications, galore. I heard on the news too, that food stamp cards hadn't been working in 17 states, a technical glitch not related to the gov't shutdown. Clearly that's Mercury in the shadows. This should prove to be a tricky period for Obama, since it is making triple hard aspects to Obama's chart as well as stationing contra-antiscion his Sun, multiplying the influence of the coming eclipse for him. Of course, Jupiter is positioned to soften the blows. I hope he's not afraid to roll up his Mercury shirt sleeves and get his hands dirty, (Scorpio) cleaning up this mess, eliminating all the waste (Scorpio). I won't hold my breath for that one either. Republicans only seem to want to cut SS and welfare. Democrats only seem to want to spend more money without raising taxes. :crying:

I agree that Venus crossing over the ascendant may not be enough to get the sides working together but, it was one of the more promising aspects occurring before the 17th. There is also the transiting Sun trine natal Mars which indicates some action but, maybe not enough.

I haven't checked Obama's chart - need to pull that out.

Time is getting short ... to get everything signed by the 17th (Wednesday at midnight) they will need to get the bill made up and then thru both sides. Time is getting tight.

poyi

Premium Member
Anyone thought about the upcoming November's Hybrid Eclipse, I mentioned in the other post when we were concerned about war in Syria.

AquarianEssence

Poyi, the eclipse I was talking about is the Lunar eclipse on the 18th. The 1995 version of this Saros family saw another government shutdown, November 18, same problem, as Moon crossed the eclipse solstice point. The Dow did great after that though. Do you think they had ulterior motives, hoping to repeat that? It occurred in October that year, near OJ Simpson not guilty verdict, Hurricane Opal, an avalanche and the worst subway disaster ever. This Lunar eclipse is across the health axis, set for DC. But located at greatest eclipse, it is focused on government, across the 4/10 axis. Mercury is stationed, taking to Saturn about the coming Solar eclipse. This family of eclipses carries the them of human rights and balancing the budget with Mars standing in the government seat of the 10th, apex of a T-square. Saturn, also in the 10th, is involved from the beginning, square then to where he is now. The critical US Sun degree is on the MC in the mother eclipse and it's on the 3rd cusp set for DC. Is this pointing to commerce, health insurance being the commodity? If so, it could be a crisis. The Solar eclipse takes place in the 12th, set for DC, Mars again in the 10th, ruling the ascendant and eclipse. Sequestration comes to mind with the 12th house Scorpio emphasis. Hey, that's a good idea. Then they'd get down to business and negotiate. I remember being on jury duty once and the judge told us we couldn't go home until we reached a verdict, which got really tough about 7pm. That was wrong but they could order food in.

Marinka

Anyone thought about the upcoming November's Hybrid Eclipse, I mentioned in the other post when we were concerned about war in Syria.

I looked at it against the USA chart and Obama's chart. In the USA, it squares the nodes and is opposite to Chiron (rules 10th) and in Obama's chart, it is conjuncting Neptune (rules 2nd). Not seeing enough (at first glance) to think we will have an "event" in the US. Likely an event someplace else so all country charts would need to be checked.

There is the inc from Saturn to Uranus and there is the Saturn trine Chiron and the Moon at 7 Scorpio maybe as a trigger ... could be an earthquake with the Saturn and Uranus but, then again, could be some border skirmishes like China and Japan (as Japan has Mars in Scorpio and Sun in Taurus close to the 7 degrees).