Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 04-05-2020, 11:02 PM

Everyone has been super pissy in the past week.

What's been going on?

Unread 04-05-2020, 11:26 PM
Account Closed

Re: Everyone has been super pissy in the past week.

Lock down thatís why
Unread 04-06-2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Lock down thatís why
No not that, because that's been going on for a while, it's just been particularly bad in the past week.
Unread 04-06-2020, 10:14 AM

Probably because the lockdown is finally taking its toll, and a lot of people have been losing their jobs lately.
Unread 04-06-2020, 11:55 AM

It's mars closing in on Uranus, sparks flying, nerves jumping, short tempers.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 12:03 PM

I think also Mercury being in Pisces closing in on Neptune this past week would also have had a detrimental effect. I want Mercury out of Pisces and this approaching full moon to get out of the way.
Unread 04-06-2020, 01:26 PM

Corana corona bo rona
banana fana foe rona
fee fie foe rona
CORONA

Unread 04-06-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I think also Mercury being in Pisces closing in on Neptune this past week would also have had a detrimental effect. I want Mercury out of Pisces and this approaching full moon to get out of the way.
You must be right, look what Opal just wrote!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Account Closed

I think with lock down dragging on and being cooped up alone with some ppl worse off than others, people dying etc naturally one will feel more than pissy
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

The exact Mars/Saturn conjunction on the cusp of Aquarius also happened this past week.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
You must be right, look what Opal just wrote!!!!!!
Well, my natal mercury is 24 Libra, a few thins seem to be square that right now
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 09:12 PM

It's not just the lock-down!

This stuff could kill you. Sometimes quickly. Even young people are dying from it, notably people with asthma. Older people seem to be especially vulnerable. This means potentially losing beloved parents and grandparents, especially if they have asthma, COPD, emphysema, bronchial or heart conditions.

Many people have lost their jobs or had their hours cut back, yet they still have bills to pay. Small businesses have had to shut down and may not re-open. Suppose a single parent gets sick: s/he may not have a back-up child care provider.

People who can keep their jobs, like grocery store clerks, are in real danger of being exposed to the virus, which at the very least can make you good and sick at home, with no one able to look after you because you'll be quarantined.

I'm amazed that people are coping as well as they are.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 04-06-2020 at 09:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
It's not just the lock-down!

This stuff could kill you. Sometimes quickly. Even young people are dying from it, notably people with asthma. Older people seem to be especially vulnerable. This means potentially losing beloved parents and grandparents, especially if they have asthma, COPD, emphysema, bronchial or heart conditions.

Many people have lost their jobs or had their hours cut back, yet they still have bills to pay. Small businesses have had to shut down and may not re-open. Suppose a single parent gets sick: s/he may not have a back-up child care provider.

I'm amazed that people are coping as well as they are.
I agree. Thatís why I said ppl are dying etc. Itís awful. And we all know someone who has died with it unfortunately

I just hope we all stay strong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-06-2020), waybread (04-06-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I agree. Thatís why I said ppl are dying etc. Itís awful. And we all know someone who has died with it unfortunately

I just hope we all stay strong.
I don't know anyone that has died from Covid 19.
I don't know anyone that has had, or has Covid 19.
I only know one person that knows anyone that had it, and they recovered.
Unread 04-09-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
What is the premise of this thread even.

That youíre not pissy, OP ó
Yet, though being cool and even minded, you canít spare the empathy to understand why others are?
Are you asking me, or the original poster?
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:03 AM

I am really quite annoyed, more than pissy. I see things differently. Again, Uranus square ascendant. Do you really think this is about influenza? Last year in Canada 8,511 people died of it. Many more were bedridden for a few days. In the United States last year 80,000 people died of influenza.

No one reported every bedridden person. No one reported every death. If they had, we would have had this last year.

People will be working from home. Students will be schooled at home. Daycare wonít be as necessary as many parents will work from home and home educate. We will need tutors.

Someone said the government wonít pay for computers for children at home and data plans, because it was too expensive. Teachers and schools are expensive. Setting up home schooling would save billions. Yesterday in the news, ďtheyĒ were talking of subsidizing parents that chose to home school.

Before this, blockades were impeding traffic. Not anymore.

Other things have been achieved. Data collectors, have statistics of our every move. How many will panic, how many wonít.

My first words to a friend were, oh my god, it is post war Germany, global scale. She got mad at me. I have been delivering her things ever since. She canít even let us in, she watches the news and believes it.

If it is me you are asking, I have more empathy than you can imagine, just not for what I am being told to show it for.
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:05 AM

Anyone watch the movie 1984? George Orwell

Last edited by Opal; 04-09-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Anyone watch the movie 1984? George Orwell
I've read the book and watched the movie. It remains my favourite book of all time to this day. Now I see so many parallels. People in the book suffering "amnesia"; they don't remember past news that contradicts current news and even if you point it out to them their eyes glaze over and they don't really say anything and then forget you pointed it out. Also the character Syme, very smart, but his intelligence being taken advantage of to do the government's bidding. There are many Symes in our society too. They do the bidding of the elite without even realising that their skills and discoveries (Silicon Valley, anyone?) are going to be used against the whole population eventually (and already are), and just like Syme was vaporised because he was too smart, these smart people will also be the first to go once things are established. Not to mention constant surveillance, crimethink etc etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-09-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:51 AM

Iíve lost my job and not getting the 80% corona pay scheme thing, either is my manager because she handed in her 5 week notice just before the lockdown because she got offered a new job, and she worked for the company over 5 years. The company is going Ito administration so I wonít have a job to go back to anyway. Dunno when Iíll get another job because of the recession and the amount of competition when lockdown is over.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-09-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
I've read the book and watched the movie. It remains my favourite book of all time to this day. Now I see so many parallels. People in the book suffering "amnesia"; they don't remember past news that contradicts current news and even if you point it out to them their eyes glaze over and they don't really say anything and then forget you pointed it out. Also the character Syme, very smart, but his intelligence being taken advantage of to do the government's bidding. There are many Symes in our society too. They do the bidding of the elite without even realising that their skills and discoveries (Silicon Valley, anyone?) are going to be used against the whole population eventually (and already are), and just like Syme was vaporised because he was too smart, these smart people will also be the first to go once things are established. Not to mention constant surveillance, crimethink etc etc.
It was also a book, that I took in English in high school.

It is funny ChiaMaria, I thought of you as I wrote the above, knowing that you see with my eyes. Most will see us as insane or callous. I have people getting mad at me for my thoughts, in real life I have to keep my mouth shut, probably why many are feeling pissy. I wonder how far they will go. Will we have the thought police?

We are so surveillanced, cameras everywhere, I have been out driving, delivering things to shut ins, roads are easy to navigate, no rush hour. Police are high visibility, not doing anything, but being seen. Another more paranoid? thought, is what are they doing in the sewers? Are they just taking advantage of the lack of traffic? There is a lot of city workers working, cutting down trees, and in the sewers. The side streets are iced over, we are getting prepared for the big melt, and yes, a lot of the drains are iced over, huge ice rinks on the streets. But the city workers are out in force.

Talk to you soon ChiaMaria, nice as always

ps. good post!

Last edited by Opal; 04-09-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: ps
Unread 04-09-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Iíve lost my job and not getting the 80% corona pay scheme thing, either is my manager because she handed in her 5 week notice just before the lockdown because she got offered a new job, and she worked for the company over 5 years. The company is going Ito administration so I wonít have a job to go back to anyway. Dunno when Iíll get another job because of the recession and the amount of competition when lockdown is over.
I am so sorry UK, it is going to be hard for a while, for many, I wish you well, and ask the Cosmos to show you favour. I don't think it will be their intent to keep us out of work for too long, I think they will just have a new world order? If they keep it up too long they will have too many dissidents to deal with. They want control, not dissidents.

I do have work about to come in, thankfully, my purse strings are more than strapped.

Good luck UK.
Unread 04-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
I don't know anyone that has died from Covid 19.
I don't know anyone that has had, or has Covid 19.
I only know one person that knows anyone that had it, and they recovered.
So whatís your point?
Unread 04-09-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
So whatís your point?
To you, that not everyone knows someone that has Covid, or someone that has died from it.
Unread 04-09-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
To you, that not everyone knows someone that has Covid, or someone that has died from it.
Consider yourself lucky.
Unread 04-09-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
OP = original poster. The one whoís having a hard time with people who are running out of civil graces. Thatís not you by any stretch.
I see the potential confusion though OPal ;D
Thank you Passiflora