Synastry For My Mom And Me

VenusianGirl

I'm the inner circle. My mom and I have had an extremely tough and volatile relationship, yet she is also my best friend. I love and hate her with the same immense passion, that no one has ever been able to evoke in me besides her. She considers me her bestfriend too. We argue like crazy, but laugh and bond in the silliest spontaneous ways too. Just curious for our synastry interpretations. She's wounded me like no one ever has, but she's also always there for me and has sacrificed a lot. I've always felt like our roles are reversed though, she does too, as I if I parent her - and unfortunately she agrees that I do it with good reason as I tend to have more awareness and stability than she does. Thank you!

I think this is the only relationship I've had with a mars pluto contact btw, this conjunction is DEFINITELY felt. Thankfully there has been no physical abuse, but I can literally feel my hands clench when she starts provoking me. Very scary!

https://imgur.com/a/Durj89a

Last edited:

ElenaJ

A very apt question on Mother's Day!
When your mother gave birth to you, her natal Saturn/chiron opposing Pluto/uranus was being triggered by transiting mars. And that conflict has carried through in your relationship. Volatile, upheaving, restricting and transformational.
She also had Saturn coming into a square with her sun, so a lot of responsibility was heaved on her that perhaps she wasn't ready for.
So, these two important configurations are probably the basis for your conflicts, a mini-war zone that you two have to come to grips with and work out in this lifetime. Anger management, restrictions, imposing of one's will on others. All major themes for you two.
To help you out, they've given you a Venus/north node contact and suns, moons and Mercurys, in lovely perfect compatibility, all in stabile earth signs. Which is why neither of you has just walked out the door or killed each other!
So you have the carrot and the whip here, so to speak.
The Venus/NN shows you two have to work out a loving relationship, to make up for past life difficulties, whatever they may have been.
In a certain way, it's a blessed relationship, so much sweetness to smooth over the brutal energies. You have to learn to handle the negative, building on the positive.
Even your ascendents/desendents have been flipped, to give you a mirror image of yourselves in the other!
It reminds me of this saying:
"Your perception of me is a reflection of you; my reaction to you is an awareness of me.!"
Make the most of it, you both have a golden opportunity to work out karmic debts!

VenusianGirl

A very apt question on Mother's Day!
When your mother gave birth to you, her natal Saturn/chiron opposing Pluto/uranus was being triggered by transiting mars. And that conflict has carried through in your relationship. Volatile, upheaving, restricting and transformational.
She also had Saturn coming into a square with her sun, so a lot of responsibility was heaved on her that perhaps she wasn't ready for.
So, these two important configurations are probably the basis for your conflicts, a mini-war zone that you two have to come to grips with and work out in this lifetime. Anger management, restrictions, imposing of one's will on others. All major themes for you two.
To help you out, they've given you a Venus/north node contact and suns, moons and Mercurys, in lovely perfect compatibility, all in stabile earth signs. Which is why neither of you has just walked out the door or killed each other!
So you have the carrot and the whip here, so to speak.
The Venus/NN shows you two have to work out a loving relationship, to make up for past life difficulties, whatever they may have been.
In a certain way, it's a blessed relationship, so much sweetness to smooth over the brutal energies. You have to learn to handle the negative, building on the positive.
Even your ascendents/desendents have been flipped, to give you a mirror image of yourselves in the other!
It reminds me of this saying:
"Your perception of me is a reflection of you; my reaction to you is an awareness of me.!"
Make the most of it, you both have a golden opportunity to work out karmic debts!

Haha yes indeed I noticed after posting that the timing was ironic given the day!

Thank you so much as usual for your accurate and thorough replies. The relationship definitely feels karmic, heavy, linked to past lives and with the opportunity for great transformation. Seems like there could possibly be that light at the end of the tunnel one day when we will finally only have good moments together without all the tough (so long as we don’t strangle each other first!! :)) Thank you Elena! 🙏🏻

Is there any specific lesson I’m teaching her and vice versa? Or is it more just a common theme for both of us?

Great quote by the way!

Last edited: